Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why exactly did they want to do The Big One?

27 replies to this topic
Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Lester said that years ago, Michael, Trevor and him all really wanted to do The Big One. But now when they robbed it, Michael said it wasn't for the money. What was it for? And why do you think they wanted to do The Big One years ago?

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

It was so he could retire, and so that Trevor wouldn't put a bullet in his head.
  • helresa likes this

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

Just because "It's the BIG ONE" an lifetime achievement, biggest gold robbery of all times

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

To make history... biggest score in human history. Thats what they wanted to do...

And so that Michael and Trevor were ''even''...

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

I lost my "Well why the f*ck not?" gif.  :(

• OG Sunny likes this

blackbriar
  • blackbriar

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

Because it was there.

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

It was all well explained in the Cut Scene when they were discussing it. Pay attention man!

They did it for the glory! Largest Heist in history. They did it because no one ever has.

Secondly, it was a ton of cash and they can all retire.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

To make history... biggest score in human history. Thats what they wanted to do...

And so that Michael and Trevor were ''even''...

But I forgot why robbing a bank would make them 'even.' Also, wasn't it something to do with the FIB as well? Can you explain a bit on this?

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

It was all well explained in the Cut Scene when they were discussing it. Pay attention man!

They did it for the glory! Largest Heist in history. They did it because no one ever has.

Secondly, it was a ton of cash and they can all retire.

Well, it wasn't for the money this time. Now this time it had something to do with the government, and Trevor. But that's all I know. That's why I want people to explain, because I forgot.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

Sir, I require your help.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

Because its "the dream". Like "the mansion" was in GTA IV.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

Trevor is insane and he done it for the f*ck off it.

Michael loves the thrill and also needed to keep Trevor happy.

Franklin just wanted the money.

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:45 PM Edited by PlasmicSnake, 07 October 2013 - 09:45 PM.

It was the one thing that eluded them all their lives. Really it was just a big metaphor, The reserve was their self loathing and they had to break into it to liberate themselves and justify their lives which is why you used helicopters, to symbolize their glorious freedom from sufferage and the chains holding it were released in the end. The long police fight symbolizing their inner demons. Their success validating their choices and fulfilling their legacy.

I dont know how you missed all this, were you skipping cutscenes?

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:19 PM Edited by Murad96, 07 October 2013 - 10:19 PM.

What's the f*cking point in replying with the same reply as the other people? I want an explanation on why Trevor would've killed Michael if they didn't rob the bank. I forgot what Trevor's reason was for this man.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

It was the one thing that eluded them all their lives. Really it was just a big metaphor, The reserve was their self loathing and they had to break into it to liberate themselves and justify their lives which is why you used helicopters, to symbolize their glorious freedom from sufferage and the chains holding it were released in the end. The long police fight symbolizing their inner demons. Their success validating their choices and fulfilling their legacy.

I dont know how you missed all this, were you skipping cutscenes?

What?

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:39 PM Edited by SomeManForGTA, 07 October 2013 - 10:42 PM.

What's the f*cking point in replying with the same reply as the other people? I want an explanation on why Trevor would've killed Michael if they didn't rob the bank. I forgot what Trevor's reason was for this man.
Lol calm down. You musn't havet paid great attention to the story.

Trevor was pissed at Michael for what happened to Brad, and Michael faking his death. Trevor keeps saying he mourned Michaels death. Trevor is f*cking insane and felt Michael owed him after all Michael did to him.

Remember when they stole the "super weapon" and Michael and Lester made Trevor return it? Trevor repeatadly told Michael that Michael owed him. And throughout out the whole story Trevor thinks Brad is in prison when he's actually dead and Michael continues lying about it, knowing that Brad was dead. When Trevor digs up Brads body he's obviously going to be pissed off. He had plenty of reasons to want to kill Michael. Michael ratted and f*cked over Trevor for his own needs.

Bottom line is GTA 5 doesn't have a fantastic story, and the reasoning behind them wanting to pull of "the big one" is as simple as the explanations people have given you. Trevor is a semi-phsychotic sociopath and beig given help to rob 100 million dollars and kill a few dozen police officers is enough of an apology from Michael.

There's also the part about there egos. Pulling off the big one sets them for life. The robbery will go down in history as one of the largest heists ever.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

Also the "big one" had nothing to do with the government. They robbed some files from the FIB building for Dave and that other guy from the FIB building a few missions before the big one.

The big one was purely about the money and Michael paying back Trevor for lying and f*cking him over in the past.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:25 PM Edited by Murad96, 07 October 2013 - 11:32 PM.

Trevor was pissed at Michael for what happened to Brad, and Michael faking his death. Trevor keeps saying he mourned Michaels death. Trevor is f*cking insane and felt Michael owed him after all Michael did to him.

Remember when they stole the "super weapon" and Michael and Lester made Trevor return it? Trevor repeatadly told Michael that Michael owed him. And throughout out the whole story Trevor thinks Brad is in prison when he's actually dead and Michael continues lying about it, knowing that Brad was dead. When Trevor digs up Brads body he's obviously going to be pissed off. He had plenty of reasons to want to kill Michael. Michael ratted and f*cked over Trevor for his own needs.

Bottom line is GTA 5 doesn't have a fantastic story, and the reasoning behind them wanting to pull of "the big one" is as simple as the explanations people have given you. Trevor is a semi-phsychotic sociopath and beig given help to rob 100 million dollars and kill a few dozen police officers is enough of an apology from Michael.

There's also the part about there egos. Pulling off the big one sets them for life. The robbery will go down in history as one of the largest heists ever.

So basically, Trevor got annoyed at Michael because he lied about Brad being dead, and Michael acted like he was dead for YEARS without telling Trevor that he was actually alive. Then, Trevor thought that if they could have 'fun times' like robbing a bank together just like old times, that that would be a good enough repayment by Michael.

Anyway, what don't you understand about I forgot? I did pay attention to the story, and I already said that I forgot, so it's more like you're not paying great attention to my comments. I just have a bad memory. But thanks for the explanation.

RealTuff
  • RealTuff

Ego Driven Asshole

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

It's all about the ego for Michael and Trevor.

If you think about it, Trevor pulls off much more daring and infamous missions before the heist but never receives any recognition for it because of the nature of what he is doing, which is mostly harassing the shadier parts of the establishment which will never appear on the news. You can see this more when he tells Lester that he would not do the big one in anything but a helicopter with his name on the side.

Michael has become bored of the life handed to him for serving up his old buddies on a platter, and realises Trevor doesn't know the truth and figures he could go along for the ride (even if under duress, it's what he wants).

Franklin just wants to get out of his aunt's sh*tty house and stop being chastised by the cops and people who live just a few blocks from him. 

Spoiler

CameHereToSpoil
  • CameHereToSpoil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

Woah, some of you guys missed the point completely. 

Michael is a snake. He made a deal with the FIB prior to the heist in North Yankton where Brad died. Remember Michael telling Trevor to "stick to the f*cking plan"? Michael was meant to get "shot" and fake his death while Brad and Trevor died. This is why I came close to **SPOILER** killing Michael at the end.

Unfortunately for Michael, Trevor ran away. That's why Michael told Dave that he hoped "Trevor was dead". The story line was tense because Trevor could have figured it out at any second (which he did).

I don't know why **SPOILER** there's an option to kill Trevor as Franklin. Doesn't make any sense. Franklin was cool with both of them. There should have been an option to kill Michael as Trevor, because he f*cking deserved it.

RuiRuichi
  • RuiRuichi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:33 AM Edited by RuiRuichi, 08 October 2013 - 02:34 AM.

The very same reason why Leonardo painted the Mona Lisa and Michaelango did the Sistine Chapel. A masterpiece of a robbery.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

Why did Evel Knievel wanted to jump the Grand Canyon?

Why do some hikers wanna scale Mt Everest?

Why did Bodhi wanted to surf the "Big Wave"

Spoiler
in Point Break?

pure adrenaline and a lifetime achievement thats why!

The Union Depository was deemed "unbreakable" and no one in history as ever broke into it or even attempted to. Being career bank robbers like themselves, robbing this bank would be their "Mt Everest, successfully or die trying.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:27 AM

gotta hate when people simply dont pay attention to the narrative of the story...

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:30 AM Edited by spamtackey, 08 October 2013 - 03:35 AM.

I thought it was because Michael took the score from Trevor's train job. 

When Michael pulled the house off the cliff he got in debt with Madrazo, so he asked Lester for a job. Lester comes to him with "The Big One" but that's too big for Michael's needs so they rob the jewelry store. Later on Trevor takes Madrazo's wife and he puts them into exile so when Michael and Trevor robbed the train Trevor decides it's his score and that Michael doesn't get to see any of it, but Michael tells him that he can give Trevor the Big One. 

I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it. 

---

To respond to the first post and the thing it brought up that I forgot:

Michael probably could have offered any big score to Trevor. He really wanted to do The Big One and after getting neck-deep in the game again as opposed to dipping his toes in (like he was with the Jewelry Store Heist) he probably just decided to go for it. It was the dream, the one they never could get because it was too big. 

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

Woah, some of you guys missed the point completely. 

Michael is a snake. He made a deal with the FIB prior to the heist in North Yankton where Brad died. Remember Michael telling Trevor to "stick to the f*cking plan"? Michael was meant to get "shot" and fake his death while Brad and Trevor died. This is why I came close to **SPOILER** killing Michael at the end.

Unfortunately for Michael, Trevor ran away. That's why Michael told Dave that he hoped "Trevor was dead". The story line was tense because Trevor could have figured it out at any second (which he did).

I don't know why **SPOILER** there's an option to kill Trevor as Franklin. Doesn't make any sense. Franklin was cool with both of them. There should have been an option to kill Michael as Trevor, because he f*cking deserved it.

Wow, somebody really hates Michael. :sarcasm:

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:06 AM Edited by SomeManForGTA, 08 October 2013 - 05:26 PM.

So basically, Trevor got annoyed at Michael because he lied about Brad being dead, and Michael acted like he was dead for YEARS without telling Trevor that he was actually alive. Then, Trevor thought that if they could have 'fun times' like robbing a bank together just like old times, that that would be a good enough repayment by Michael.

Anyway, what don't you understand about I forgot? I did pay attention to the story, and I already said that I forgot, so it's more like you're not paying great attention to my comments. I just have a bad memory. But thanks for the explanation.
Well The conflict between Michael and Trevor is the only good part of the story at all. I've a sh*t memory myself and it's the only part of the story I remember slightly. It's actually probably the main plot point all together. Just seems like such a big thing to simply forget. Do you still remember what city the game based in? Just joking.

Good to know you finally understand this part of the story now though.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

gotta hate when people simply dont pay attention to the narrative of the story...

Oh shut up I forgot.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

I thought it was because Michael took the score from Trevor's train job. 

When Michael pulled the house off the cliff he got in debt with Madrazo, so he asked Lester for a job. Lester comes to him with "The Big One" but that's too big for Michael's needs so they rob the jewelry store. Later on Trevor takes Madrazo's wife and he puts them into exile so when Michael and Trevor robbed the train Trevor decides it's his score and that Michael doesn't get to see any of it, but Michael tells him that he can give Trevor the Big One. 

I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it. 

---

To respond to the first post and the thing it brought up that I forgot:

Michael probably could have offered any big score to Trevor. He really wanted to do The Big One and after getting neck-deep in the game again as opposed to dipping his toes in (like he was with the Jewelry Store Heist) he probably just decided to go for it. It was the dream, the one they never could get because it was too big. 

Thanks. So, I forgot, was The Big One the only heist in the game where Trevor takes part in it AND gets the money?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users