Photo

How Do I Delete Cars From My Garage

30 replies to this topic
Harvoification
  • Harvoification

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

So, I accidentally ordered 2 Elegys and now there's two identical cars in my garage, how do I delete them? 

• Stefhatta likes this

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

You go to Los santos customs and sell them

Harvoification
  • Harvoification

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

You go to Los santos customs and sell them

You can't sell cars you have purchased online though.

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

since you can always rebuy the social club car i always just keep an extra in my garge for when my timer is up at los santos i just go collect it and sell it. order a new one next day comes rinse an repeat. beats jacking randoms peds for cars that sell for less and i get bountys on my head sometimes.

Chicago Bearhawks
  • Chicago Bearhawks

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

since you can always rebuy the social club car i always just keep an extra in my garge for when my timer is up at los santos i just go collect it and sell it. order a new one next day comes rinse an repeat. beats jacking randoms peds for cars that sell for less and i get bountys on my head sometimes.

He's talking about the Elegy. You can't sell the Elegy.

Unfortunately, Rockstar messed up and made it so you can't get rid of most of the cars, either by them being unsellable or unable to enter LSC. Hopefully they fix it in a patch soon, because everyone seems to have this problem.

chadw17
  • chadw17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

I keep having two elegys. I have sold them twice for 18k.

captain_MD
  • captain_MD

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

I keep having two elegys. I have sold them twice for 18k.

18k each or total?

Sammmm
  • Sammmm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

Can't you get the car impounded by the cops on purpose and then wait until they destroy the car?

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

So, I accidentally ordered 2 Elegys and now there's two identical cars in my garage, how do I delete them? 

Drive the car out, and go to the mod shop, and sell it.

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

grenade it...sticky bomb it...shoot the sh*t out of it....BLOW IT UP

Chicago Bearhawks
  • Chicago Bearhawks

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

Drive the car out, and go to the mod shop, and sell it.

You cannot do it with the Elegy.

Even if you destroy it or get it impounded, the empty space in the garage is always "reserved" for it,

Ludda
  • Ludda

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

Been wondering the same thing, there have to be a way to get rid of cars u don't want anymore, and u can't sell to the shop!

Smokeout Slawth
  • Smokeout Slawth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:57 AM

Guess you will just have to get another car to replace it.
  • Noodles92 likes this

The Warden
  • The Warden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

Im having this same problem as well.

My elegy cloned itself and i had 2 in my garage so i blew the clone up, then when i got a new car it saves in the spot next to it instead of taking that spot.

I also had a previous car impounded and it disappeared leaving yet another blank space. Now i have an 8 car garage.

irishsm0ke
  • irishsm0ke

Outlaw

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

Destroy the car. Easiest way is to drive it into the water or use a grenade/sticky bomb. Then, you don't call your insurance to replace it. Problem solved. Car gone.

The Warden
  • The Warden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

Destroy the car. Easiest way is to drive it into the water or use a grenade/sticky bomb. Then, you don't call your insurance to replace it. Problem solved. Car gone.

yes the car is gone but my spaces in the garage are still reserved for the missing cars 

Chicago Bearhawks
  • Chicago Bearhawks

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

To all the morons still posting "solutions" that don't work, I'll just point out again:

1) You cannot sell an Elegy.

2) Destroying/Impounding it does not "remove" it. It's space remains forever.

3) Purchasing a new car and being forced to replace one, and selecting the Elegy WILL DELETE ANOTHER RANDOM CAR IN YOUR GARAGE INSTEAD.

There is NO way, whatsoever to get rid of any Elegys you have in your garage. Until Rockstar patches this, we're all screwed.

• cracklinbread likes this

The Warden
  • The Warden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

To all the morons still posting "solutions" that don't work, I'll just point out again:

1) You cannot sell an Elegy.
2) Destroying/Impounding it does not "remove" it. It's space remains forever.
3) Purchasing a new car and being forced to replace one, and selecting the Elegy WILL DELETE ANOTHER RANDOM CAR IN YOUR GARAGE INSTEAD.

There is NO way, whatsoever to get rid of any Elegys you have in your garage. Until Rockstar patches this, we're all screwed.

Then we need to get this problem more attention.

Seems currently all the attention is going to character deletion and these exploiters.

The Warden
  • The Warden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

I wanted to test this out more after i drove into my garage with the new bike i bought off the internet and it cloned leaving me with now only 1 space left in my garage (3 taken up by blank spaces)

I went and got a sell-able car so i can later get rid of it and filled my last remaining space of my garage. Then i went out and stole another sell-able car and drove into my garage thinking it would have to either delete a car or it wouldn't let me in at all.

When i drove into the garage it placed it into the space that was blank. I was then able to sell it and the space was clear again. So it turns out the spaces aren't taken up just skipped until the garage is full enough to use it up again.

dools90
  • dools90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

yeah i can confirm that you can overwrite elegys in garage by replacing it with a different car.

if you have modified an elegy that you wish to keep, and have extra unmodified versions that you wish to delete,

then,

1. make sure your garage is full

2. destroy the elegy(s) that you dont want

3. drive a new car into your garage and confirm the vehicle replacement prompt

4. the elegy(s) that you wanted to ditch should be marked as (destroyed) and you should be able to replace them with the new car without fear of losing your modified version 

hope this helps =)

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

How to delete a car you cannot sell/ free up garage slots

Step 1. Make sure your garage is full (just buy a bunch of faggios)

Step 2. Find a random low level NPC car.

Step 3. Bring it to your garage and replace the vehicle in which slot you want to free.

Step 4. Now bring the low end vehicle you just used to replace to LS customs and sell it

Now you have gotten rid of a car you cannot sell and freed up a garage slot!

• MONKEYbusinezz5 likes this

circa542
  • circa542

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:09 AM Edited by circa542, 15 October 2013 - 02:18 AM.

take the car you want removed and drive it out of your garage step out of it buy a new car/bike from the internet or fit an tracker on random car and the new one is replaced with the car you drove out. 

provided your garage is full and you have the garage bug that deletes the last used car instead of the one you replace on the list

Benny26
  • Benny26

Lion Heart

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

My Elegy cloned itself. I took the clone to LSC and sold it for 9K. Haven't had another car in the garage since then so i don't know if it's space is "Reserved".

But yeah I sold it...and now it's gone.

firebolt059
  • firebolt059

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

You can always blow up the car... or drive it into the ocean.

Knocknuts
  • Knocknuts

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:54 AM

You can always blow up the car... or drive it into the ocean.

please dont be an idiot, read the thread please.

all cars bought online has insurance in them.

even if it is destroyed, it takes up a slot in your garage

JC20S
  • JC20S

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

I've had no problem replacing my Elegy.  Once my garage was full, and I no longer cared for it, I just purchased a new car and it gave me the option to replace it.  As soon as I selected the Elegy, it disappeared and my new car replaced it a short time later.

oldak
  • oldak

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

I've had no problem replacing my Elegy.  Once my garage was full, and I no longer cared for it, I just purchased a new car and it gave me the option to replace it.  As soon as I selected the Elegy, it disappeared and my new car replaced it a short time later.

Yes, I managed to replace the Elegy today.

This thread is from three days ago. This problem (inability to replace Elegy) must have been fixed with patch 1.04.

withonion
  • withonion

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:36 PM Edited by withonion, 18 October 2013 - 11:37 PM.

Nope bought one (I know it is free), sh*te car got rid of now have 10 cars in my garage. Dont remember what I did, sorry.  But did get rid of it last week sometime.

Touwe
  • Touwe

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

Take it out, destroy it, put new car in. So long as you don't call insurance it is gone.

Revelation2106
  • Revelation2106

Rat

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

yes the car is gone but my spaces in the garage are still reserved for the missing cars 

That's not true, I've got two cars available for delivery when I phone for insurance and my garage is full

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users