Photo

[SPOILERS] Rockstar Replies to GTA V Character Death

61 replies to this topic
tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

Sent R* an email about my disappointments when Johnny Klebitz died in GTA V, and they responded with:

Hey Taylor,

Thanks for the email and for sending us your thoughts on GTAV and your strong feelings for the character of Johnny Klebitz and the story of The Lost and Damned. Perhaps we’ll consider addressing this in a future edition of our Asked and Answered fan questions series at the Newswire one day in the future.

Cheers,

Rockstar Games

Don't believe, believe me, whatever, I can take a screenie later.

• Deadly Target and Young Killah like this

mufc786
  • mufc786

GTA V Addict

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

Sent R* an email about my disappointments when Johnny Klebitz died in GTA V, and they responded with:

Hey Taylor,

Thanks for the email and for sending us your thoughts on GTAV and your strong feelings for the character of Johnny Klebitz and the story of The Lost and Damned. Perhaps we’ll consider addressing this in a future edition of our Asked and Answered fan questions series at the Newswire one day in the future.

Cheers,

Rockstar Games

No one gives a sh*t, infact I think his death was the best thing that happened since sliced bread.

• OG Sunny, AtomicPunk, DaRkL3AD3R and 3 others like this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

Hey Taylor,

Cheers,

Rockstar Games

No one gives a sh*t, infact I think his death was the best thing that happened since sliced bread.

:^: f*ck the Lost.

• russian hotman and JmanBassman like this

Stewlil
  • Stewlil

Better when high

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

It was obvious sh*t had gone down between IV and then, maybe we will see in DLC why Johnny got skinny pale and apparently became a meth addict with little respect from the rest of the lost.

And glory boy mufc, shut up, leave the thread, and try contributing for once, it feels good.
  • sqre likes this

tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

Some people like to come here and try to start crap, ignore them.

Anyway I was just letting people know.

• Young Killah and The Wooden Mask like this

Hodor Hodor
  • Hodor Hodor

HODOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Ecuador

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

Thanks for that looking forward to the future asked and answered.
  • Nikobomber likes this

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

Thanks for that OP, it would be interesting to see what their reasons were. I like the lost but he ended up a meth addict, so he actually lost respect the moment before Trevor did what he did 

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

GTA: Lost & Damned 2, where they move to San Andreas and become Meth heads.

But seriously. f*ck Johnny. If it was Luis Lopez, then I might have been mad.

CME117
  • CME117

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

omg why do you people care so much? Honestly, I think sh*t like that is great. I didn't like Johnny at all, so it didn't really matter to me. BUT, I think it would be cool to see another former protagonist die at the hands of a new one. Even if I like the character, it's just interesting to see firsthand where their story finishes off. And it's not like we were ever going to play as Johnny again, so I don't see why it makes you people so mad...

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:11 PM Edited by Kifflom, 07 October 2013 - 11:18 PM.

Trevor obviously had a good reason for killing that mark.

tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:14 PM Edited by tjbyrum1, 07 October 2013 - 11:14 PM.

omg why do you people care so much? Honestly, I think sh*t like that is great. I didn't like Johnny at all, so it didn't really matter to me. BUT, I think it would be cool to see another former protagonist die at the hands of a new one. Even if I like the character, it's just interesting to see firsthand where their story finishes off. And it's not like we were ever going to play as Johnny again, so I don't see why it makes you people so mad...

Dude settle down, it;s not like we're going apesh*t crazy about it.  Ease up.  Johnny was a major character, one of the best ones in my opinion, he had realism and characterization to his character unlike most others.

It's just strange to see him go out like that... we're not mad that he died, just disappointed how he died.  I mean he was totally out of character.  He'd never do meth again, never get back with Ashley, none of that.

So settle down.

Some people want closure on his death and why it happened.

• TimelyMeerkat likes this

Gooly
  • Gooly

Satanic Hispanic

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

Trevor obviously had a good reason for kiling that mark.

trevor never has a good reason for anything, he just does it

yonatan755
  • yonatan755

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:21 PM Edited by yonatan755, 07 October 2013 - 11:22 PM.

With trevor on the lost missions you can hear them talk about how weak Johnny became,and that Billy would never had let that happen.
Johnny was weak. He made wrong decisions and led the lost to theyer doom

mdniterder
  • mdniterder

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

Meth will do that to you. I wasnt a fan of TLaD infact I didnt finish it till about a week before GTAV I much prefered TBoGT and how it allowed the replay of missions. Something about the attitude of the game,

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

It was disappointing because the writers pulled a complete 180 on Johnny. At the end of the game, he abandons Ashley and says he's going to continue supporting Jim's family from then on: http://www.youtube.c...JSWkR3ois#t=322

And why were the Lost there anyway? The Angels of Death originated in San Andreas, yet they're nowhere to be seen. It just seems like the writers killed him off for no reason other than shock value.
  • SiDiBooTs and TimelyMeerkat like this

tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

It was disappointing because the writers pulled a complete 180 on Johnny. At the end of the game, he abandons Ashley and says he's going to continue supporting Jim's family from then on: http://www.youtube.c...JSWkR3ois#t=322

And why were the Lost there anyway? The Angels of Death originated in San Andreas, yet they're nowhere to be seen. It just seems like the writers killed him off for no reason other than shock value.

Yes, I agree.  Completely out of character, pointless, and short-thought.

And yeah, I'll continue to 'complain', just like I complained about poor ol Jimmy Darmody.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

Johnny, Terry, Clay... They all went out like chumps. It just made me like Trevor more, and like the Lost much less. Beyond that, I don't give a sh*t.

Solidus X
  • Solidus X

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

Dude settle down, it;s not like we're going apesh*t crazy about it.  Ease up.  Johnny was a major character, one of the best ones in my opinion, he had realism and characterization to his character unlike most others.

It's just strange to see him go out like that... we're not mad that he died, just disappointed how he died.  I mean he was totally out of character.  He'd never do meth again, never get back with Ashley, none of that.

So settle down.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I had to intervene. Why are you telling him to settle down? Are you the voice of reason? Are you the ultimate chilled back, laid back "dude"? He answered a question in an honest manner. Too many people are indeed butt hurt that Johnny died. It's over. It happened. Move on. Wait, wait. Lemme settle down.
  • AtomicPunk likes this

RyanM1995
  • RyanM1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

Thanks for posting this. I'm interested to hear what made them want to do that. I quite liked it to he honest I wasn't expecting it to happen. You can even see Trevor killing Johnny in trailer 2. Damn I watched that trailer many times and not once did i ever stop to think about who that character on the ground was.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:37 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 07 October 2013 - 11:38 PM.

Little pussy

Spoiler
got curb stomped the f*ck out. he dead. he ain't coming back. Only the strong survive in Los Santos, baby!! He was the pussiest protag of all time and most polls show this. One of the few good things about the GTA V story. Too bad we didn't encounter Niko and maybe have a little story with him. not kill Niko cause he was Purdy cool for a foreigner.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:40 PM Edited by thegtaman531, 07 October 2013 - 11:41 PM.

GTA: Lost & Damned 2, where they move to San Andreas and become Meth heads.

But seriously. f*ck Johnny. If it was Luis Lopez, then I might have been mad.

If it was Luis, I would be happy.
  • TamaZildjian, B Dawg, dethbiker and 1 other like this

tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

So settle down.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I had to intervene. Why are you telling him to settle down? Are you the voice of reason? Are you the ultimate chilled back, laid back "dude"? He answered a question in an honest manner. Too many people are indeed butt hurt that Johnny died. It's over. It happened. Move on. Wait, wait. Lemme settle down.

I'm just saying most people think we're bitching and whining about this stuff, when really all we're doing is having a simple conversation about it.

Just an example:

"Wonder why Terence Winter killed off Darmody?  Unexpected."

"dude stfu he dad and not comin back. stop bitching and moaning damn it was over 2 years ago!!"

CME117
  • CME117

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:41 PM Edited by CME117, 07 October 2013 - 11:44 PM.

So settle down.

Woah there, I assure you that I'm very settled right now. I have no idea which part of my post indicated that I was mad or anything.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

f*ck the lost and wanna be tough guy johnny klebitz

More like johnny kibbutz

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Dump 2016

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

He definitely went out on a bitch note. Maybe R* can release a DLC similar to undead nightmare and we can play as a zombified Klebitz with a large shoe print on the side of his head. Some side missions could involve finding bits of his brains and skull fragments that had been scattered around the state from Trevor's infamous shoe. 

tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

So settle down.

Woah there, I assure you that I'm very settled right now. I have no idea which part of my post indicated that I was mad or anything.

When you said "omg, why do you people care so much".

Johnny was liked by a lot of people, that's why they care.

But don't worry about it, let's ignore it.

RealTuff
  • RealTuff

Ego Driven Asshole

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

Years had passed, Johnny obviously had nothing left and fell back on Ashley, who got him back on the meth, which made him weak.

Solidus X
  • Solidus X

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

I'm just saying most people think we're bitching and whining about this stuff, when really all we're doing is having a simple conversation about it.

Just an example:
"dude stfu he dad and not comin back. stop bitching and moaning damn it was over 2 years ago!!"[/quote]

I'm just conversing as well. R* wanted to shock us. Pure and simple. Why they chose Johnny as the fall guy, I don't know. Maybe they thought people would think they were racist if they killed Luis. But Johnny was Jewish, so who knows. Point is, it's over. It made its point. We were horrified of Trevor and it solidified him as an icon within the GTA universe, HD and otherwise.

tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

Just an example:
"dude stfu he dad and not comin back. stop bitching and moaning damn it was over 2 years ago!!"[/quote]

I'm just conversing as well. R* wanted to shock us. Pure and simple. Why they chose Johnny as the fall guy, I don't know. Maybe they thought people would think they were racist if they killed Luis. But Johnny was Jewish, so who knows. Point is, it's over. It made its point. We were horrified of Trevor and it solidified him as an icon within the GTA universe, HD and otherwise.

Your previous post sounded completely different.

But nevermind it, I don't like to argue about stuff.  I mean, I totally respect everybody's opinions, but sometimes people just seem to go all-out ballistic when stuff like this is brought up.  Surely even you can understand that.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

I have to admit it was a shock seeing Trevors opening scene. I'm not sure why either, but I was definitely surprised to see Johnny and then watch him get the life stomped out of him.

It'd be cool to get an answer, but right now it just seems like they wanted to show how tough Trevor is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users