» «
Photo

Blow up car = Bad Sport is hands down the worst thing in GTA:O

85 replies to this topic
Zappas
  • Zappas

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:08 PM Edited by Zappas, 07 October 2013 - 07:08 PM.

Imagine how terrible Los Santos is going to be once the majority unlocks the RPG.... Everyones going to be a bad sport....

AboveAverageBob
  • AboveAverageBob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

I wish they would track it and use it somehow for matchmaking.  That way all the people playing like douche bags could play together and all the people being helpful could play together. 

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Why are Rockstar treating their GTA players like children?

• UsedFloppyDisk likes this

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

I've blown up a couple of players in their cars.  Once with rem-ex, two with Buzzard missiles.

I keep getting my 1000 good player bonus.  

You are either doing other things you aren't remembering/aware of or you aren't telling the whole story.  Not knowing exactly what is happening in your game, I'd venture to say that you're blowing up players who are in passive mode.  And I can't think of a better reason to be identified as a bad sport.

That's what I hear a lot.

However, yesterday three guys in a Cavalcade pursued me and killed me 2 times. That was the time I thought "f*ck it". Threw C4 on the car, click, boom. One car destroyed and immediately labelled as bad sport. See the pic:

-snip-

As you can see, I got a warning, but the punishment literally came in the same second. It's ridiculous.

this is weird. i've definitely blown up cars and killed players (justified ofcourse) and got a bad sport warning but I figured you had to really be bastard constantly in order to get thrown in bad sports pool.

you sure you telling the whole story here?

Yea, as you can see on the pic when you enlarge: Blabla or you will be punished... ->Bam, bad sport, blablabla. I don't think they would pump out warning and punishment at the same time... bug? don't know, but it's annoying.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

Why are Rockstar treating their GTA players like children?

Because most of them act like children it was bound to happen

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

As flawed as the bad sport system is, stop throwing explosives? Sounds like a really cheap tactic to kill someone. Grab an uzi and shoot, since vehicles in V are really strong, there's no chance of blowing up a car by gunfire.

heybud
  • heybud

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

"Don't hurt me guys, in just trying to play gta without getting shot at". Go play another game. GTA is all about shooting killing and stealing. Not anymore though, now we all have to be good sports. Yoga anyone?

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

Cars are OP in manual aim lobbies.

Zappas
  • Zappas

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

"Don't hurt me guys, in just trying to play gta without getting shot at". Go play another game. GTA is all about shooting killing and stealing. Not anymore though, now we all have to be good sports. Yoga anyone?

Namaste.

mcmikezr1
  • mcmikezr1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

the occasional gun battle is fun, but getting shot by everyone i look at can become annoying. maybe rockstar is trying to cut back on annoying douchess

imjamesscott
  • imjamesscott

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Yeah i somehow got 1000 dollars for veing a good sport literally right after i robbed a store i think the whole systems a like sketchy

cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

ehwu.jpg

Where's the Like button? This needs to be Liked. :)

J_Gatsby
  • J_Gatsby

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

You get Bad Sport if you blow up personal car or quit during missions/jobs. Killing in FreeRoam doesn't earn you BS (Bullsh*t playa)

mir_us
  • mir_us

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

The beauty of Free Mode in IV was that there were no restrictions. If you wanted restrictions to player's killing other players, that was easy -- you just change the setting. That way all players who don't want to deal with other dangerous players could hang out in a PVP-free zone while the other PVP players could play with each other.

Plus -- frankly -- it's just not really the spirit of GTA.

GTA has always been about creating a sandbox for players and letting them go to town, particularly with regard to creating chaos and crime sprees.

Here's other, more practical solutions:

1) Have the player that blows up the other player's custom car shoot to 4 or 5 stars. This is a pretty significant punishment now given how aggressive cops are in V.

2) "Insure" against player-destroyed vehicles. Pretty simple. If someone else caused your car to blow up, you can get it back for free.

3) Or.. ALWAYS allow the user to get their custom car back for free, they just need to go back to their garage to get it. Given people had to pay to get the thing and upgrade it to begin with, I don't see why we can't just let people recover it with the obvious penalty of having to go back the distance to get it again.

Regardless -- ANY of these options are considerably better than penalizing people for blowing up cars in GTA:O Free Mode BUT NOT people.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

I'd say the "hands down worst thing" would be character loss due to sync/server issues.

Just don't blow up other peoples cars, the world does not end, shoot them through the windscreen or shoot out a tyre, don't need to destroy it.

Shakengandulf
  • Shakengandulf

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

This is why every car I drive has 3 to 5 sticky bombs strapped to the hood.

So when i blow it up the fireworks are even better :)

Shakengandulf
  • Shakengandulf

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:39 PM Edited by Shakengandulf, 07 October 2013 - 09:46 PM.

I don't think people should stop blowing up others cars, its the fact that sometimes you don't know whether there in their own car or not.

Ive seen people drive bombs and think, yep here we go, where good to go.
Nope it was a personal car.

Or like someone above said, instant five stars.

Edit
And maybe make the bad sport a permanent thing so 99% of the players end up where your supposed to be. lol

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

Yeah the bad sport for blowing up cars is ridiculous, Especially since you have to pay for the repair lol. Isn't that enough punishment?

billy2048
  • billy2048

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

Yeah the bad sport for blowing up cars is ridiculous, Especially since you have to pay for the repair lol. Isn't that enough punishment?

People know you become a bad sport for blowing up other player cars, people still do it and then whine. Stop being such a fa**ot and deal with it.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

Yeah i somehow got 1000 dollars for veing a good sport literally right after i robbed a store i think the whole systems a like sketchy

Robbing a store doesn't make you a bad sport.

I think you've confused Good Sport and Good Person there! Good Sport just means you finish missions, don't destroy other players cars etc

JohnnM96
  • JohnnM96

<a href="http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/"&g

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

IT WAS BE OP!!!!!!

IT TAKES NO SKILL TO THROW A STICKY AT A CAR AND RUN AWAY!!! LOADS OF PEOPLE WILL HAVE REALLY GOOD CARS THEN......BOOM

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

People know you become a bad sport for blowing up other player cars, people still do it and then whine. Stop being such a fa**ot and deal with it.

"Stop being a fa**ot", I can see why everyone is constantly blowing up your car lol. Rude little c*nt

lessthan3
  • lessthan3

Intensity In Ten Cities

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

I think it depends. If you blow someone's ride up when they're pursuing you or shooting at you or you're just fighting, that's one thing. But I've seen people kill other people, and then when they're dead, they go over and blow up their car just to f*ck with them.

Anyone who does that is a piece of sh*t, and they should definitely get punished for that.

jordan97267
  • jordan97267

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

It needs some adjusting, but I like the mechanic

AndrosCelsum
  • AndrosCelsum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

I got bad sport because I was in my friend's car, we were chasing a bounty and while I was shooting at our mark, his car exploded and since we were too close our car exploded too: I was charged for the damages of BOTH cars and got Bad Sport too.

mir_us
  • mir_us

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

Exactly.

This is the kind of thing you'd expect in a non-PVP game that's trying to keep people from making any mayhem, rather than Grand Theft Auto. GTA is about mayhem, and the PVP in Free Mode is actually pretty fun, minus this serious flaw.

R* should just have Free Modes with PVP and Free Modes without. Then those who want the normal mechanics of Free Mode where anything goes can enjoy it, and those who don't can be in the other mode where they won't have to.

1daymember
  • 1daymember

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:19 AM Edited by 1daymember, 08 October 2013 - 04:20 AM.

I think this is a great idea.

I don't understand why R* made a penalty for destroying player's cars in the first place, it's really not that big of a deal. Call the insurance place and go get it back. It's only $400. I can't even count the number I've times I've totaled mine already. 

And maybe the cost varies by which car you have because everytime someone blows up one of my cars, I have to pay almost 2K to fix them. Bad sport lobbies is where those people belong imo.

Skysaw Jr
  • Skysaw Jr

Fool

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

I think they should just make the insurance bill go to whomever destroyed the car. That could work wonders.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:48 AM

As flawed as the bad sport system is, stop throwing explosives? Sounds like a really cheap tactic to kill someone. Grab an uzi and shoot, since vehicles in V are really strong, there's no chance of blowing up a car by gunfire.

not entirely true.... i blew up a car on accident during a mission where i had to steal the car back simply by accidentally hitting the gas tank... instant explosion and mission failed.  its not impossible to blow up a car with gunfire... but it is difficult.

tacwaffles
  • tacwaffles

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:50 AM

Agreed. It's bullsh*t that people can just keep hunting and kiling you NBD, but if you blow up their car, all of a sudden you're being mean. Wtf. Also, the only time it's happened to me, I didn't even GET insurance from the other player because he did it by crashing into a gas station. Jesus, R*, if you're going to have it be "unsportsmanlike", at least have it be consistent and keep track of all the ways you can blow up someone else's car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users