Photo

Blow up car = Bad Sport is hands down the worst thing in GTA:O

85 replies to this topic
mir_us
  • mir_us

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

I've now been dinged for being a bad sport twice. 

- Once when I was killing someone for a bounty and his car got destroyed by my grenade
- Once when I was being pursued when I had a bounty on me and I dropped a sticky bomb to blow up one of the guys pursuing me

The irony is that this is actually a blast of a game in so many regards -- which makes this decision seem that much more ridiculous.

I really like the mechanic of bounties and PVP that can occur at any given time in FM. If you're not into that, you can go into the safe mode or just stick to the missions. So why intentionally limit people's ability to fight each other by -- of all things -- preventing them from blowing up the enemies car?!?!

Without question, this is by far the worst issue with GTA:O
  • UsedFloppyDisk likes this

psychadelic145
  • psychadelic145

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

agreed to a point i understand what the bad sport is trying to do it just needs adjustments because i know if they removed it people would be trying to just blow up your car all the time and run away laughing

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

I've blown up a couple of players in their cars.  Once with rem-ex, two with Buzzard missiles.

I keep getting my 1000 good player bonus.  

You are either doing other things you aren't remembering/aware of or you aren't telling the whole story.  Not knowing exactly what is happening in your game, I'd venture to say that you're blowing up players who are in passive mode.  And I can't think of a better reason to be identified as a bad sport.

Adamsy
  • Adamsy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

happened to me during a mission. i throw a grenade at a bunch of red dots, resulting in a lot of bad guys dead and 2 personal vechiles destoryed lol.

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

Doesn't bother meh

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

Yesterday I was in an online game with tons of destruction, literally the whole game was hunting each other down. I usually hate it, but yesterday it was actually fun as everyone joined in, ended up in quite some hilarious moments, lots of kills and blown up cars, and NO ONE got a bad sport rating.

I'm quite sure that it's a bug that some people get a bad sport quite quickly while others don't at all, this system needs to get revamped.

FunkNastyFresh
  • FunkNastyFresh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

I don't understand why R* made a penalty for destroying player's cars in the first place, it's really not that big of a deal. Call the insurance place and go get it back. It's only $400. I can't even count the number I've times I've totaled mine already. 

Zappas
  • Zappas

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:42 PM Edited by Zappas, 07 October 2013 - 06:44 PM.

I'm good with it. Just today my Bullet got randomly blown up by some douchebag in Freemode. First he rams my car off the road for no reason, apparently manages to kill me with one shot (in free aim mode) while hes shooting from his own car. Gets out and sets a bunch of C4's on my car as i respawn, and blows it up.

I'm all for the Bad Sport thing... If you ask me, i'd love to see them take it even further.. Too many trigger happy morons in Freeroam

I don't understand why R* made a penalty for destroying player's cars in the first place, it's really not that big of a deal. Call the insurance place and go get it back. It's only $400. I can't even count the number I've times I've totaled mine already. 

My Bullet cost me 3k to reclaim. The more expensive the car, the more it costs. I imagine the adder wil be around 15/20k to reclaim seeing how the bullet cost 150k and the adder is 1 Mil.

• Ethereal_NYC likes this

Savo7en
  • Savo7en

Prankster

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

I got jacked out of a stolen 9f and the guy left his personal vehicle behind so I blew it up, fair exchange in my book.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

No, f*ck you, blow my car up and you deserve to be punished, you cretin.

nath22
  • nath22

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

Rockstar should just do it so that if you blow up their car you pay their insurance to get it back

One Eye
  • One Eye

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

So I should pay for someone else's "fun"?

bniStriker
  • bniStriker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

insurance cost has to do with what the vehicle is worth. My Elegy cost around $1400 when I do a claim

theonelink
  • theonelink

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

Rockstar should just do it so that if you blow up their car you pay their insurance to get it back

that's what happens lol.....

Savo7en
  • Savo7en

Prankster

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

that's what happens lol.....

only cost me $150

Yakito
  • Yakito

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

Well, if you scratch the paint on my beauty, you'll die.

heybud
  • heybud

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

Yes, a gta game where you are not supposed to kill or blow up stuff. Seems ironic. What's next, cod with no guns?

One Eye
  • One Eye

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

Do you get a bad sport for just killing people in free roam? I've been trying to avoid killing people so I don't get a bad sport.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

I've blown up a couple of players in their cars.  Once with rem-ex, two with Buzzard missiles.

You are either doing other things you aren't remembering/aware of or you aren't telling the whole story.  Not knowing exactly what is happening in your game, I'd venture to say that you're blowing up players who are in passive mode.  And I can't think of a better reason to be identified as a bad sport.

That's what I hear a lot.

However, yesterday three guys in a Cavalcade pursued me and killed me 2 times. That was the time I thought "f*ck it". Threw C4 on the car, click, boom. One car destroyed and immediately labelled as bad sport. See the pic:

ehwu.jpg

As you can see, I got a warning, but the punishment literally came in the same second. It's ridiculous.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

agreed to a point i understand what the bad sport is trying to do it just needs adjustments because i know if they removed it people would be trying to just blow up your car all the time and run away laughing

I Think if someone blows up your car they should get automatic 5 stars, instead of Bad sport.

bniStriker
  • bniStriker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

Do you get a bad sport for just killing people in free roam? I've been trying to avoid killing people so I don't get a bad sport.

I have like a (2.somthing) kd with around 100 kills im guessing and I'm still a clean player and have blown up a few douchebags cars on purpose and some on accident

thedkexperience
  • thedkexperience

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

This is why every car I drive has 3 to 5 sticky bombs strapped to the hood.
  • bniStriker likes this

One Eye
  • One Eye

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

I have like a (2.somthing) kd with around 100 kills im guessing and I'm still a clean player and have blown up a few douchebags cars on purpose and some on accident

Are you just lucky or do you even get punished for killing other players? I feel like I'm missing out on some of the fun because I'm worried about getting a bad sport.

OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

So will you get a bad sport rating if you use the "Ignition Bomb" for your care as a theft prevention?

Because if so, that seems really unfair. I don't try to fight all the time, but I would like an ignition bomb for the occasional jerk who tries to take it (I know there is a setting to not allow others to get in). Or my friends that get in a drive off just to f*ck around, I warned them. Plus it's all MAD MAX style and I like that, but I don't want to be punished for just passively protecting my stuff.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

That's what I hear a lot.

However, yesterday three guys in a Cavalcade pursued me and killed me 2 times. That was the time I thought "f*ck it". Threw C4 on the car, click, boom. One car destroyed and immediately labelled as bad sport. See the pic:

ehwu.jpg

As you can see, I got a warning, but the punishment literally came in the same second. It's ridiculous.

this is weird. i've definitely blown up cars and killed players (justified ofcourse) and got a bad sport warning but I figured you had to really be bastard constantly in order to get thrown in bad sports pool.

you sure you telling the whole story here?

Zappas
  • Zappas

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

So will you get a bad sport rating if you use the "Ignition Bomb" for your care as a theft prevention?

Because if so, that seems really unfair. I don't try to fight all the time, but I would like an ignition bomb for the occasional jerk who tries to take it (I know there is a setting to not allow others to get in). Or my friends that get in a drive off just to f*ck around, I warned them. Plus it's all MAD MAX style and I like that, but I don't want to be punished for just passively protecting my stuff.

Highly doubt that, since you're blowing up your own Car. It'l cost you the money to get it back.

OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by OptionalZero, 07 October 2013 - 06:59 PM.

Are you just lucky or do you even get punished for killing other players? I feel like I'm missing out on some of the fun because I'm worried about getting a bad sport.

Yea same here. I want to play with a bit of abandon, but I'm afraid off just getting sent to really violent games all the time. And where the hell is the meter to see how close you are to being a bad sport? I feel like it just decided one day that it's you. What are the guidelines? The influences, the anything about...? I want to be able to fight back and defend myself without being punished for it. Just being "passive" seems like a really weak solution. "I'm not playing guys." That sounds boring.

I'm afraid it'll start being like real life, where someone tries to antagonize you until you throw a punch and then they can claim "self defense".

Just more clarity on how it works would be nice. It's all a bit vague and we're forced to be paranoid about it.

Skysaw Jr
  • Skysaw Jr

Fool

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

If someone attacks you first, you should be able to blow up their car without any kind of punishment. 

I've gotten three warnings so far for simply being disconnected from an online session. It keeps telling me I'm "quitting missions." 

Screenshot
  • Screenshot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

I have never blown some other players car, but i find it really stupid that i have to be careful when im getting hunted by trigger happy morons in free roam, I'm litreally scared of killing other players when they are driving a car. My friend managed to blow up someones car (not on purpose) his car was already really fcked up, and he took cover behind his own car (The player hunting my friend) and while they were fighting in cover that random dudes car blew up, and my friend got a warning, now that's just stupid. My friend had to defend himself, and the only way to do that was killing the dude who was taking cover behind his own car, this caused him blowing up the car and getting punished.

I don't think they should remove the Bad sport feature, but they should seriously make it far more forgiving. Rockstar could always make it so that when a player blows up your car, you get the car back for free, or make the price halved. (The price can be high for the expensive cars)

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

I think the bad sport feature is just fine

like I said before i have killed people and blown up cars

in self defense/bounties/high priority vehicles etc. and I won't deny randomly killing a few players when I was bored

but killing players or blowing up their cars is far from my main activity in this game.

just don't go around randomly killing every1 you see and you will be fine I think

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users