Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you avoid looking at yourself in the mirror?

20 replies to this topic
Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

I'm 17 years old and I just can't stand my face and body. To the point that I stopped looking at myself in the mirror. It's absolutely depressing.

I'm theoretically underweight, but my chin is broad as crap (I look like an American when in short hair, lolz), cheeks are plump, I have a tiny double chin, my nose is too long and my eyes make me look like a non-intelligent pervert; it's like there are no emotions in them. It feels horrible just looking at myself, looking at that stupid feminine teenager pussy that I am. Also, my legs are very muscular and it's probably due to both the genetics (screw you, mom) and the fact that I used to play a lot of football when I was a grade school puffy slug bitch. Reckon I can't do anything about it. I wish I could lose muscles in that spot, but everytime I search Google for any information regarding that, it says there ain't no 100% guarantees that it's possible to reduce them. Overally, I look inconsistent: fat face, skinny upper body, and muscular legs. Just thank you God, for making me look like a total asshole. I appreciate your love towards humanity.

I used to be on a diet combined with cardio to lose some weight. To make my face look slim and, perhaps, make my legs less muscular. And indeed, my buggy-as-Bethesda's-games face looked more manly, my legs were a bit slimmer, but hell, I was even more underweight than I was before! That's unhealthy, I felt weak! And besides, I still think I looked like a cheap prostitute. I came back to my original weight lately and, again, I feel really embarassed whenever I look at myself in the mirror or see a picture of my ass, argh, I mean face...

There have been a number of ladies that wanted me. Some of them were even... manic about me (my f*cking gosh, who would thought that the horrible face of mine would attract any femme). Especially after that diet, some hot bitches kept their slutty eyes on me. Quite cool. But still, it's not enough for me. I want to look good for MYSELF, not for THEM.

I don't know what to do. Perhaps I should burn some fat again, then start working on muscle mass in the upper body region? Will that make my face less puffy? Does muscle training change face, anyway?

Do you feel like me, people?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

I remember going through the exact same sh*t. It was tough. Unfortunately I wasn't wise enough to seek help - I suggest you do, not here on an internet forum. There's so much more to life that what you look like or what you THINK people think when they look at you.

And trust me, when you get to be my age, you'll look back at pictures of yourself and think "what the f*ck was I worried about?"

That said, an extreme diet isn't going to help. Happy helps. As Drew Barrymore once said, happy people are beautiful people.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

Don't beat yourself up over your appearance, especially not when you're going through puberty. I myself was a skinny f*cker for the better part of my teens, I could eat anything without gaining visible weight - now I need to watch myself so I do not burst out of my suits. What I'm trying to say is 'it does get better'. For now I'd recommend you get yourself a personal trainer, he/she will be able to make and help work a plan for you to gain weight and add muscle mass. So YOU can look in the mirror and appreciate what YOU see. Don't worry it doesn't have to cost a fortune. Gaining more weight and muscle mass also helps drastically improve the proportions of your overall appearance. 

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:55 PM Edited by _____, 07 October 2013 - 04:56 PM.

You will probably not like what I am about to say, but the problem isn't the way you look. The problem is you, or your attitude to be exact. You admit that you "can't do anything about it", and yet you still complain and feel bad about it. Why not accept the way you look? You mentioned people already like you, so what is the actual problem? Either find ways to improve yourself or get over it. There is no point in thinking about situations\things that can't be fixed.

• cactus. and UltraGizmo64 like this

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

tREEEEEE!!!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

Your face can change in the next 4-5 years, your whole body can. Hormones and sh*t. You might get a larger exposure to testosterone or something in the next few years, which will make your face more masculine. Possibly bro-science I'm not sure, but it sounds legit so I say listen to me and hope it's true. Also I had pretty plump cheeks for ages, but then towards my late teens I got these sick high and chiseled cheekbones. Now I have to put sponges on them in case I bump into someone and stab their eyes out.

But if you want to take a more pro-active appraoch,there's always stuff you can do/have done. Like cosmetic surgery, nose jobs are pretty damn common. You can even get that chin grinded (ground?). Maybe a bit of liposuction on those legs. Stick some sun glasses over those horrible beady eyes, I don't know.

Point is there is always stuff you can do to alter the way you look if you're unhappy with your appearance. Working out always helps. I've seen some pretty attractive women with some pretty unattractive men, their face might be nasty to look at but they have big ol' bulging muscles which seem to more than make up for it.

If all else fails there's always a paper bag.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

Appreciating the responses. Yep, I think if anything won't help in the next couple of years, it'll be a paper bag. Or pistol and bullet... nah, just kidding.

Anyway, I'm seriously thinking about starting a diet again. To get rid of that fat. I'll probably end up seriously underweight, but I guess then I could start building muscles on that upper body, to regain some strenght. I don't know... maybe it's the only way.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

Here's an interesting thought experiment. Picture someone you think is really attractive. Now picture being them, and looking in the mirror, and picking apart their features the same way you would your own.

I think you'll find that the problem is less to do with your face itself but more to do with how you're looking at it.

Also... this is a hilarious but tenuously topical story:

http://www.radiolab....-mirror-mirror/

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:43 PM Edited by Fnorg, 07 October 2013 - 05:47 PM.

Your face can change in the next 4-5 years

Yeah, I got a lot less ugly between ages 16 and 20. A lot of it had to with not being fat anymore and getting all kinds of gains, but my facial structure has gotten better too.

Does muscle training change face, anyway?
I dunno, but it'll put mass on your neck. I feel like my jaws are better, but I dunno. Anyway, you'll feel a lot more attractive overall, face or no.

EDIT: To answer the question posed, no, I don't avoid looking at myself. I rather enjoy it. Not because I feel pretty but because I like to gauge myself and see what gradual change I've made. I used to hate looking at myself when I was a fat teenager, but now I think it's a great tool.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

And how does your vagina look?

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

short answer?

no.

because I'm beautiful.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

I actually have the opposite problem. I stare in the mirror and I don't know why. I'm a 8/10 with the potential to be a 9/10 if I drop some weight.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

you seem to Really dislike your Appearance you may have body dysmorphia. but on topic not really well  not anymore  i used to Care about my looks lot but the way i look at it   now is some people will be generally perceived  to be More Attractive  than me while others will be Perceived to be Less Attractive than me.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

I actually look at myself waay too much in the mirror. I have no issues on how I look and by looking at myself 9in the mirror I feel more confident... only to add that I take a while to select which shirt to wear every day, and sh*t.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

Only when the hair behind my ears grows out and I look like Tarzan. Otherwise I'm mostly fine with me.

Diet and exercise is good if you're overweight, but since you're a man nobody really cares much about your weight unless you're Gabe Newell sized. Do it for health reasons if anything. Real exercise will also boost your self-confidence (whether you go in thinking it will or not), so it's probably your best option.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

As Paris Hilton says, Never pass a mirror without looking in it.
I like to check myself out to see how I look when I pass windows and such, I try avoiding it because other people notice it though.

Melchior
  • Melchior

• The Connection
  • Vietnam

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

As Paris Hilton says, Never pass a mirror without looking in it.
I like to check myself out to see how I look when I pass windows and such, I try avoiding it because other people notice it though.

This. I'm vain as anything.

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:41 AM Edited by NateShaw92, 08 October 2013 - 10:41 AM.

used to, not any more since I got more confident, which came from my rather uncomplimentary opinion of my appearence being disagreed with by quite a few people in a rather short space of time

i only look in the mirror when i am wearing sunglasses to see if I look like a twat

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

I love the mirror, I just hate the camera lol 

I think you should try working out and making your body as manly as your face. Don't rush it, just do it slowly.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:53 AM

Also, my legs are very muscular and it's probably due to both the genetics (screw you, mom) and the fact that I used to play a lot of football when I was a grade school puffy slug bitch. Reckon I can't do anything about it. I wish I could lose muscles in that spot, but everytime I search Google for any information regarding that, it says there ain't no 100% guarantees that it's possible to reduce them. Overally, I look inconsistent: fat face, skinny upper body, and muscular legs. Just thank you God, for making me look like a total asshole. I appreciate your love towards humanity.

I used to be on a diet combined with cardio to lose some weight. To make my face look slim and, perhaps, make my legs less muscular. And indeed, my buggy-as-Bethesda's-games face looked more manly, my legs were a bit slimmer, but hell, I was even more underweight than I was before! That's unhealthy, I felt weak! And besides, I still think I looked like a cheap prostitute. I came back to my original weight lately and, again, I feel really embarassed whenever I look at myself in the mirror or see a picture of my ass, argh, I mean face...

Unless you're a girl, I don't see why you'd be embarrassed about having muscular legs. I don't know how slim you became after your diet and cardio. Just lift weights with your upper body to even out with your lower body.

As for me, I like to look myself in the mirror and think, "this college student is so freaking gorgeous!"

Marwin
  • Marwin

kill

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
  • Kenny G Enthusiast [All Time]
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

I thought I was alone. I too am 17, but contrary to you I'm overweight(I'd say obese)

Having recently weighed in at 123 kilograms (2 thousand pounds) I think it's safe to say obese.

Anyway, I can't stand to see myself in the mirror. I get the same exact feeling as I get when I lock eyes with an ex-girlfriend. A mix of remorse, contempt, and sadness; for what used to be something great, but has now decayed.

I try to make it better though, I really do. I jog and eat fruit. It's not easy :(

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

I try to make it better though, I really do. I jog and eat fruit. It's not easy :(

I don't know what your entire diet consists of on a normal day. Whatever you do, don't starve. I heard that starving will lower your metabolism rate. Your body would store more food to prepare for starvation. Getting to the point in which you lose weight by starvation is very unhealthy. I have a younger cousin who seems to eat little and lacks energy during the day. There are times when she gets ill from it. She is actually a vegan, but I saw that she ate a lot of sweets at night when I visited her home a few times. She is obsessed with cake most of all. I don't think she has an active lifestyle since she lacks energy. She doesn't do much whenever I meet her during family gatherings. I suggested her on what to eat, but old habits are hard to throw away.

Don't give up. Keep jogging, eat healthy foods, and avoid too much of those sweets. I rarely ate sweets and rarely drank soft drinks thanks to my mom. I ate healthy foods thanks to living with my grandfather who started to choose healthy foods after he was diagnosed with diabetes. I have been bike riding since I was a kid. I go long distance now. And I participate in sports activites such as soccer and volleyball.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users