Photo

Quick question - car/gravity mechanics

7 replies to this topic
Boooster
  • Boooster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

Haven't heard about these or seen them in any videos yet - can someone elaborate?

1.  Can you stand on slow moving cars without falling over like in GTAIV?

2.  Can you stand/duck in the back of pick up trucks?

3.  Do civilans always get out of the car when shooting them or around them or do they sometimes drive away panicky? 

Combining 2 and 3 used to be a big favorite of mine in GTA III with a flatbed, or in SA with a pickup.

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

So far I have not been able to stand on a car as it is moving. I end up falling over and taking damage.

I have not tried to stand in the bed of a truck yet, though I have considered it.

Peds will do both. Sometimes they will get out of the car and run, sometimes they will speed off swerving and causing havok.

Personally one of my favorite passtimes is getting on a highway and fire off a round or two at each car in front of me to cause chaos. You are less likely to get stars when the civilians are the ones causing all the chaos. Just don't get trigger happy or you will get stars for going on a shooting spree. Just a shot or  two is all it takes to get a car to start driving like a mad man.

Boooster
  • Boooster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

Thanks for this - I used to love doing that in SA and see how long I could stay in the back of the pickup, using my M4 to shoot at passerbyers or cops.  Evenrtually the crazed civilian would hit a curb or a bump and I would be ejected but it was fun while it lasted.

In GTA IV you could do this but all that would happen is that Niko would fall over and into the pickup truck bed and continually take damage as long as the car drove until he died.

I really really hope that this has been improved for GTA V as that was one of my favorite pastimes - can someone confirm?  Even if it does quash my dreams...

/Tuomaz
  • /Tuomaz

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

1. No

2. No

3. They panic and will drive over you.

TehTacoGuy
  • TehTacoGuy

Half taco, half human.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

1. Yes, if it is going very slowly.

2. Nup.

3. Sometimes. Other times they may just run you over, other times they may reverse, and try turning around.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

You can stand on some cars and most trucks and all bus/trains if you go into sneak mode. I've traveled around the whole city just standing on top of a city bus.

Shootaholic
  • Shootaholic

zzzz....

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

If you stand on top of trucks and walk towards the edge of the back ,the back doors will open enabling you to go inside the back and cause havoc while standing inside and the truck still moving. You can also stand on top of trucks without falling.

Sir224
  • Sir224

Sir

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

http://www.bit.ly/16..._Seen_this_yet?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users