• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic
Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:47 AM Edited by AceKingston, 08 October 2013 - 11:40 AM.

Nevermind. The mods explained it all. :)

• lh1, Rashka and Xerukal like this

GR0VE4LIF3
  • GR0VE4LIF3

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

His just a moderator.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

forum prankster haha i prank u!!!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

I'm not sure any of us know the whole story.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

I'm not sure any of us know the whole story.

Thing is he was banned for some really personal negative remarks about a female lead in GTA V and when asked the mods said that he was a PBM. He posted some conspiracy theories four years back which got him banned he returned with a new account and he became a great contributor to the GTA V section especially the PC topic it was only in that one topic that he lost his temper and really argued a lot and that got him banned which is pretty ridiculous, that's the whole story.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

forum prankster haha i prank u!!!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

We all want to think it was some martyr making some really controversial conspiracy about forums/mods but it's simply not true.

There is no conspiracy or anything here. Wrongly banned or not, one or more of the mods thought something he was posting was unacceptable and banned him. I remember Brian, he had a real vigilante feel about him. He was a good guy and made good posts but sometimes that attitude doesn't take us far. I hope to see him again soon.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

Not really no. The thing is his post didn't worthy a ban, I know brian. very well and he was a nice guy always ready to help out. You missed my point completely.

But yeah I hope he gets unbanned soon too.

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

unban him!

:rah:

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

when one gets too personal on forums and becoming more and more "I'm the all knowing here, all of you bow down to me", it isn't bad to keep him out from the public.

besides have you seen the supposedly his steam chat with another guy that get posted in a thread? he went completely nuts IMO like a cult leader that received some personal revelation, heck he even admitted it himself.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

I am not saying he didn't deserve any action, a one or 2 week temp-ban would have been fine, considering his recent good record.

CJ_Vercetti
  • CJ_Vercetti

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

Unban brian. His posts were very enlightening in the PC section, almost the only ones worth reading :)

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

It is not like Brian lost his temper only once in the PC topic, and that's it. It happened several times that debates and discussions got out of hand. They often ended up in personal attacks and insults, et cetera. He is not a bad guy, but what he's been doing was simply not okay. Needless to say that nobody gets banned for no reason.

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:07 PM Edited by lh1, 07 October 2013 - 12:08 PM.

I will not tolerate misuse/abuse of authority, I expect reason to be provided soon. 

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

It is not like Brian lost his temper only once in the PC topic, and that's it. It happened several times that debates and discussions got out of hand. They often ended up in personal attacks and insults, et cetera. He is not a bad guy, but what he's been doing was simply not okay. Needless to say that nobody gets banned for no reason.

Being a regular lurker of the forum I can quite honestly I say I never saw that happen, even if it did it was probably a long time ago. In my honest opinion he should be unbanned and given another chance because of his thoughtful posts about PC gaming. If Slamman who contributed not even 1% to the forum be given many chances, why can't brian. too? And brian. was a much better contributor than Slamman.

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Being a regular lurker of the forum I can quite honestly I say I never saw that happen, even if it did it was probably a long time ago. In my honest opinion he should be unbanned and given another chance because of his thoughtful posts about PC gaming. If Slamman who contributed not even 1% to the forum be given many chances, why can't brian. too? And brian. was a much better contributor than Slamman.

uh... it happened this last few weeks, inside the GTA V PC thread, where have you been?

boswellboxer
  • boswellboxer

Realism in the Steak

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

unban brian! he made us pc players think they was hope for us after all

Platinum2
  • Platinum2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Unban Brian!

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

I like how your "honest account" of what happened isn't anywhere near the truth. 

Yes, he was a PBM. Given his previously banned accounts, he's extremely lucky he was even allowed to have this one. Contrary to your "honest account", he was not just straight up banned. He received multiple warnings and chose not to listen, so he was banned by another moderator. To be honest, looking at his recent posts and warnings, I'm surprised he lasted this long. 

• Matty and Sting4S like this

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

so he was banned by another moderator. 

95% of the time this is code for "Girish".

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

I'm guessing that's pretty fair but it's just a shame because he contributed very well to the PC topic. Which was the reason I asked to give him just one more chance.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

I'm guessing that's pretty fair but it's just a shame because he contributed very well to the PC topic. Which was the reason I asked to give him just one more chance.

While I don't know what happened here, yes, sometimes it's unfortunate seeing good contributors permanently go, such as TheScottishGuy. If they don't get a second chance here, there's always the Social Club forums - which is launching in a couple of soons, or so. I'm sure we'll see TheScottishGuy, Zee et. al there. I'll also be very active on there.

My understanding is that it will have a much more open and clear guideline when it comes to suspensions and bannings. 

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

While I don't know what happened here, yes, sometimes it's unfortunate seeing good contributors permanently go, such as TheScottishGuy. If they don't get a second chance here, there's always the Social Club forums - which is launching in a couple of soons, or so. I'm sure we'll see TheScottishGuy, Zee et. al there. I'll also be very active on there.

My understanding is that it will have a much more open and clear guideline when it comes to suspensions and bannings. 

That sure as hell sounds interesting, especially the return of TSG, one of the few guys that had me actually cracking up. Thanks for the heads up Mr. Rockstar Insider.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for the heads up Mr. Rockstar Insider.

The forum was announced and mentioned on newswire twice.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for the heads up Mr. Rockstar Insider.

The forum was announced and mentioned on newswire twice.

I don't tend to frequent the newswire often, so thanks nonetheless.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

We had a deal, Brian and I, and it was a really simple deal after his many warnings and attacks on members and the fact that he was a PBM (at least four times over): keep all of your Chilliad theories to that one topic. This deal lasted less than one day.

So there you have it: he did it to himself. Knowingly.

Hope he has a lot of fun on the social club forums.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

There's been a lot of good people go because a few certain mods here are regular biased assholes who have their fav's. There's a lot of biased bullsh*t here, that's for sure. I've seen it thousands of times. People can be racist as f*ck towards white people from rural areas but if something is said back, whether it be about blacks, jews, etc., etc, then look the hell out for a ban. I fight racism with racism dammit!!! It works!! You fight fire with fire, no? I think a few of the mods need to be sent on their way. Everybody knows who they are. The Social Club Forums will probably be the death of this place, I imagine. If I can get mod over there, I will personally ban the mods who I'm referring to if I ever find out who they are. INSTA-BAN!! POW!! I've been a mod for a long time at a high traffic forum--one of the biggest on the interwebz. I'll make time for the social club forum if I can keep my laughter and criticism of R* under raps.

• Platinum2 likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

Thanks a lot Otter and Adriaan.

@Atomic: Well, I know a guy who is racist and homophobic on the forums. His name is nic_23. He acts like a nice guy on the forum but on Skype he shows his true colors. He hates Pakistanis, Indian's and Bangladeshi's (I am an Indian) because of their skin color and that they are stealing their jobs. The reason he acts like a nice guy on the forums is because Girish gave him one final warning when he opened up an account to troll the V section. But since he made the insulting racist comments on Skype and not on the forum he cannot be banned sadly. But your post was a bit rude, man.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

How'd this topic turn into a thing about racism?

...oh...I know: The internet. That's how.

D4 Damager
  • D4 Damager

Listening to the Mandolin Rain...

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:46 PM Edited by D4 Damager, 07 October 2013 - 06:46 PM.

so he was banned by another moderator. 

95% of the time this is code for "Girish".

You really are incapable of being anything but a snide bellend, aren't you?

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:15 PM Edited by Adriaan, 07 October 2013 - 07:16 PM.

^

It seems you read that tongue in cheek comment as trying to be offensive or hateful. I assure you this was not the case. I'm sorry if it offended you.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

I'm sure many members here will agree with me, yeah he was a PBM he learn't from his mistakes and when he steps out of the line for ONCE, I have seen the post which got him banned and a Temporary ban would have been more acceptable.

I'm just going to stop you there, simply because it means you are only seeing one side of things and without a clear picture you can't really make accusations about staff. Members can't see warning logs, therefore the argument is already lost.

We don't ban active members for one post, one topic, or one event (depending on how bad it is of course) - we ban them based on their history and behaviour. I can't speak for the moderator that chose to pull the plug on brian in this case, but I certainly wouldn't question it knowing that he has received multiple warnings and a temp ban already. This, on top of being a PBM, means you've wasted your own second chance and brought it on yourself.

Whether you think that is harsh or not and whether you disagree with the bannings of other past members mentioned in this topic, at the end of the day it was based on more than just one post and not just a grudge or misuse of power like people mistakenly believe. I'm pretty certain the names mentioned also still come here, just in the shadows.

Also, don't use this topic to make complaints about other members either. You should know that if you see something happening around the forums that doesn't seem right, you should report it instead of using a rant topic as a platform.

• Spider-Vice likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users