Photo

[HELP] PS3 Empty Servers.

33 replies to this topic
Tukka
  • Tukka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

I searched this topic all over the forums and on google with no straight up answer so I thought I would make a post so people can hopefully look this up for an answer.

First off I'm in australia. Not sure if that's going to make a difference but there you go.

Seems to me that ever since launch I haven't had much trouble with my character or the cloud servers (thank god).
However whenever I connect to GTAO I'm am put into a server completely on my own. On the rare occasion one or two others may join. Other than that it's only ever me.

On top of this when ever in go to join a deathwatch or any other job for that matter it always pits me as the host. I'm Never placed into an already vibrant lobby.

I gave it a couple of days thinking it's just teething issues. However when ever I go to join my friends servers they are always busting with players ( around the globe).

I have a feeling it may be a problem with my internet being 200kbs. But that has never stopped me in my tracks before.

Is anyone else having this problem. Or has anyone found a fix?

SnOrlaxativ
  • SnOrlaxativ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

I have this exact problem.

im also from Australia and have the same problems, joining friends, with full servers. i am also always the host whenever i try to join a random job

i would like to find the problem to this as its hard finding people to play with.

Vicc
  • Vicc

RAV

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

It has something to do with your NAT type being type 3

LeFlash
  • LeFlash

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

I searched this topic all over the forums and on google with no straight up answer so I thought I would make a post so people can hopefully look this up for an answer.

First off I'm in australia. Not sure if that's going to make a difference but there you go.

Seems to me that ever since launch I haven't had much trouble with my character or the cloud servers (thank god).
However whenever I connect to GTAO I'm am put into a server completely on my own. On the rare occasion one or two others may join. Other than that it's only ever me.

On top of this when ever in go to join a deathwatch or any other job for that matter it always pits me as the host. I'm Never placed into an already vibrant lobby.

I gave it a couple of days thinking it's just teething issues. However when ever I go to join my friends servers they are always busting with players ( around the globe).

I have a feeling it may be a problem with my internet being 200kbs. But that has never stopped me in my tracks before.

Is anyone else having this problem. Or has anyone found a fix?

I am having the same problem here and I am from Belgium. I am always alone in a server and very often I can find some players, but most of the time I am alone. How can we change the NAT type?

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

Vance Crime Family Co:CEO

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

It does not necessarily have anything to do woth your NAT type. If you have NAT type 3 then it's a problem cause then your firewall is closed.

If you, as i, have NAT type 2 and still have this problem then i suggest writing to Rockstars support like i did yeterday. Still waiting for a response though.
http://support.rocks...us/requests/new

I live in Sweden btw so it's not a region locked problem.

How to open your NAT
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WpcSFy5vt9E

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

bump

Tukka
  • Tukka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

This is looking promising. Not too sure what all that NAT stuff is but I've seen that floating around in possible solutions. I'll try looking into it tomorrow and posting results. Cheers.

libitum
  • libitum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

I have the same problem, I was maybe 3 times with ppl in GTA Online, Im always hosting. when ever i try to join some1 it says timed out connection, or could not connet or some bull like that.

Iv wrote to rockstar about this, and still waiting for the answer

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

I have the same problem, I was maybe 3 times with ppl in GTA Online, Im always hosting. when ever i try to join some1 it says timed out connection, or could not connet or some bull like that.

Iv wrote to rockstar about this, and still waiting for the answer

Yeah that is exaclty what has happened to me. Been with other people in free roam like 2 times and when i try to join other people i get time out. Post your answers here when you get them.

TheNextGTAprotag
  • TheNextGTAprotag

GTA fiend

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:27 PM Edited by TheNextGTAprotag, 07 October 2013 - 01:28 PM.

+1 I also have this problem. very occasionally, i will join with other players but get kicked soon after. Can join other jobs no problem except occasionally getting timed out message... Cannot seem to invite others into my jobs.

Edit: in Bali, Indonesia with dedicated 2mb. don't think the issue is regional though

bigjon0991
  • bigjon0991

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

Im having the same. Can't find people to play with and rarely find group's. Psn is bigjon0991 if anyone wants to add me and team up.

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

bump

ocelotspleen
  • ocelotspleen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

I have this problem 50% of the time, but I can never host a session, everyone seems to time out 

My ticket: http://support.rocks...equests/1151447

Negociator
  • Negociator

The Dealer

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

I am having this problem as well. I do have NAT type 3, but I cannot do anything about it. It's the internet from my dorm in college. I really wish I could have them open up a DMZ for me.

star55
  • star55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:13 PM Edited by star55, 07 October 2013 - 02:21 PM.

hey. i have this exact same problem too. lol

i have none idea how to fix it.

when i try joining a new session it's always just me.

i have only ever seen more than 3 people like twice in this unstable online environment.

and both times someone tried to kill me. one succeeded.

nat type 3? i wonder if i can even dabble with that

nope. can't dabble with it

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

Nothing to do with nat type its the games sh*tty matchmaking system, my nat type is fine and while freeroams are pretty full the job lobbies are always empty / no one joining.

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

bump

TheNextGTAprotag
  • TheNextGTAprotag

GTA fiend

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

Nothing to do with nat type its the games sh*tty matchmaking system, my nat type is fine and while freeroams are pretty full the job lobbies are always empty / no one joining.

what about their matchmaking system has this effect?

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

bump

Tukka
  • Tukka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

Changing your NAT Type works. Confirmed for me and by rockstar http://support.rocks...ne-connectivity

Or

A temporary fix for anyone who cant change their NAT Type.
By joining a popular crew with thousands of members (like IGN or an official R* crew). I was able to see a list of the member and try and join their servers. 
Nothing perfect but it'll work at some point. 

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

I believe that i would be pretty f*cking stupid if i changed from type 2 to type 3 wouldn't i? 

It's not because of the NAT type for us with NAT type 2.

Tukka
  • Tukka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:36 AM

Oh well changing it seemed to do the trick for me. Now get to put up with people randomly killing me. Yay!

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:51 AM

Oh well changing it seemed to do the trick for me. Now get to put up with people randomly killing me. Yay!

Of course it does the trick if you had NAT Type 3 casue then your firewall is closed. But the real problem is when you have NAT Type 2 and still ending up in an empty free roam.

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

i end up in empty servers sometimes. but after a quick job it puts me in populated freeroam games.

what bothers me more is that whenever i do a job, mission, race,... i never end up with more than 2 players in the game...  once there were 4. only once.  when i host i can't get anyone to join.

+ when i try to 'join friends' or 'join crew members' i get a message no apropriate games were found while many friends and crew are online..

ProblemChiild88
  • ProblemChiild88

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

Same problem here as well. Matter of fact I made a thread about it. I havent seen one person online. Just me everytime. Im about ready to sell my ps3 copy and get it on xbox.

TheNextGTAprotag
  • TheNextGTAprotag

GTA fiend

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

any updates???

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

Bump

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

bump

ProblemChiild88
  • ProblemChiild88

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

Changed the the nat type on my modem, it was on "private", however still in empty lobbies.

O well, Im selling my ps3 copy. Already picked it up for the xbox instead.

TotalNo0b
  • TotalNo0b

total noob

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

ok guys, I read this on here, don't know how or why it works because I canz really internet, but go to your PS3 network settings. Change your DNS primary to 8 8 8 8 and your DNS secondary to 8 8 4 4. I had the same problem and would occasionally drop out as well, but since I did this its working pretty great 

• TheDroboman likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users