False advertisement by Rockstar...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic
NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

Rockstar made a tutorial that didn't introduce us to GTA:O, it blocked us from it.

Rockstar made an online game into an offline game from their down cloud service.

Rockstar made a perpetual, constant experience that was temporary by losing stuff.

Rockstar expects us to buy credit cards with real money and lose money from these to a 'maintenance tax' that does nothing if inactive...'smart stealing' as many would say.

[So yeah, as I'm furious as my character lost considerable progression of 2 - 5 hours, I'm understandably raging as anyone would. -fanboy prowl time-]

This should be stated as a BETA and all accounts temporary, not an actual release...

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

Everything works for me, cloud servers might be down once in a while, but other than that everything is fine.

• Zanje likes this

Violent Duct
  • Violent Duct

Professional Tank Griefer

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

For god's sake, just wait a day or two and I promise you they will address this issue. They are putting full priority into finding and fixing the character deletion problem. Your character will probably be restored if you don't make a new char in that same slot it was in.

• madmanaz likes this

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

This is NOT false advertisement. You want false advertisement look into the Aliens Colonial Marines fiasco. 

This is simply your average multiplayer teething issues. It doesnt help that Cloud gaming is still in its infancy and often acts like such.

Macca93
  • Macca93

Leeds United

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

Rockstar made a fantastic single player story, a fantastic free open roaming world and a brilliant online concept. Suck a dick

Blackveiled
  • Blackveiled

Medic

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

Rockstar made a tutorial that didn't introduce us to GTA:O, it blocked us from it.

Rockstar made an online game into an offline game from their down cloud service.

Rockstar made a perpetual, constant experience that was temporary by losing stuff.

Rockstar expects us to buy credit cards with real money and lose money from these to a 'maintenance tax' that does nothing if inactive...'smart stealing' as many would say.

[So yeah, as I'm furious as my character lost considerable progression of 2 - 5 hours, I'm understandably raging as anyone would. -fanboy prowl time-]

This should be stated as a BETA and all accounts temporary, not an actual release...

Yeah, it's not fair to you that you lost your character, but its also your fault for knowing all the problems going on and not doing research. Everything you have said us incorrect, and they don't expect nor are you obligated to buy in game cash.

But, you probably lost your character because you never bothered to save by leaving your game. I haven't lost my character one time so far because I am reading posts and not bitching about all the problems I run into ingame.

theENIGMATRON
  • theENIGMATRON

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

I do find it funny how on GTA radio 

They take the piss out of Cloud Servers :p

Ironic haha 

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:01 AM Edited by GTALegion, 07 October 2013 - 09:01 AM.

Lol this thread certainly backfired.

drjonkoe
  • drjonkoe

GTA veteran

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

But, you probably lost your character because you never bothered to save by leaving your game. I haven't lost my character one time so far because I am reading posts and not bitching about all the problems I run into ingame.

I can confirm that leaving the game through single player doesn't help. Did that every time and still I lost my day 1 character. Survived most of the launch problems, thought they would permanently over with this last patch. Did not even think they were so incompetent that they would make it even worse by patching so I installed it without a doubt. Lost everything....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users