» «
Photo

Robbing armored trucks?

18 replies to this topic
picklez08
  • picklez08

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:18 AM Edited by picklez08, 07 October 2013 - 07:19 AM.

So now I'm level 20 and can rob armored trucks, question is, where the hell are they? Are they more likely to be in particular spots Or is it just random?

Secondly, is it much worth robbing these trucks compared to robbing stores?

Thirdly, a little unrelated, can we rob banks in free mode yet?

damienr95
  • damienr95

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

I belive it's random, I'm rank 28 right now and haven't seen one yet unfortunately so I cannot answer weather or not it's worth it. To answer your third question, no. They're going to be adding that feature in a patch.

Marck527
  • Marck527

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

Completely random, it will tell you and show you an icon if they are nearby. It's usually like 7-9k a pop. And I don't know if you can rob banks.

Macca93
  • Macca93

Leeds United

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

1 - Armoured trucks randomly spawn, should appear as a blue dot on your radar when they are available. (I seemed to find alot more in the country areas)

2 - The money is good yes, give it a try and tell me if it's worth it.

3 - No

picklez08
  • picklez08

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

I hate to wait 2 whole minutes for a reply, I'm a little dissapointed with you guys.

Jokes aside, thanks guys :)

Elijin
  • Elijin

Probably Lost. Send help.

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

Dont forget your sticky bombs.

Seriously, without it, you cant get in the truck, and touching it in anyway causes it to panic + 3 star wanted level. But with a sticky bomb? Calmly drive up to the back of the truck while its at a trafic light, place bomb on door from car window. Let it drive 5m away, blow it. $400 outlay for 7K+ and because you only set off the cops as it blows, you can be gone before any find you.

theENIGMATRON
  • theENIGMATRON

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

I seen a van yesterday, 

Jumped into a ammunition shop and bought a load of sticky bombs. 

Smashed the back door in (As you do ;) )

And no money come out for me.

So i went back and put about 5 sticky bombs on the front and blew the whole thing up. Still no money :(

So then some little sh*ts come along and killed me for no reason a couple of times so i rigged there cars with sticky bombs for payback. 

Marck527
  • Marck527

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

I seen a van yesterday, 

So i went back and put about 5 sticky bombs on the front and blew the whole thing up. Still no money :(

So then some little sh*ts come along and killed me for no reason a couple of times so i rigged there cars with sticky bombs for payback.

LOL you sure it's the right truck? It should have a special icon

theENIGMATRON
  • theENIGMATRON

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

I seen a van yesterday, 

LOL you sure it's the right truck? It should have a special icon

It did that's how i was able to go and get ammunition and still follow it :) 

MkIIJay
  • MkIIJay

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

There's a lot of false into in here.

They're unlocked at about level 20. HOWEVER, I never spotted one until I hit level 29 and now there's plenty.
They DON'T show up as a blue dot on the radar. They show up as a truck icon
You don't ALWAYS get money from them. Two out of ten (approx) are empty and you receive no cash.

Now some advice.

DON'T blow the sticky bomb with another car close beside the truck. You're aiming to blow the doors, not the the she truck. Catching a car in the door explosion destroys the truck equalling no pay out.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

armored truck spawned yesterday for me I bombed it doors opened .... And nothing.

there was no money not even dead police to loot their weaps.

theENIGMATRON
  • theENIGMATRON

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

They're unlocked at about level 20. HOWEVER, I never spotted one until I hit level 29 and now there's plenty.
You don't ALWAYS get money from them. Two out of ten (approx) are empty and you receive no cash.

Now some advice.

DON'T blow the sticky bomb with another car close beside the truck. You're aiming to blow the doors, not the the she truck. Catching a car in the door explosion destroys the truck equalling no pay out.

No i am only level 21 / 22 i think, Something around that. 

I got a call from Lester telling me all about them and one showed up on my mini map straight away.

Just no payout :(

MkIIJay
  • MkIIJay

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

Now some advice.

I got a call from Lester telling me all about them and one showed up on my mini map straight away.

Along of people are getting the Lester call but no trucks until a later level. They're unlocked at early 20s yes but they're not showing for a lot of people until later

theENIGMATRON
  • theENIGMATRON

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

Now some advice.

Along of people are getting the Lester call but no trucks until a later level. They're unlocked at early 20s yes but they're not showing for a lot of people until later

Fair enough, I cannot say i have seen another one. 

But i guessed seeing the Armoured truck is what trigard the lester call.

Lucky me.... well not so lucky as i never got a payout lol

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

i use a shotgun for the door. if you dont want hassle of explosions. 

wigwam
  • wigwam

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

after you find one use a sticky bomb then call lester and remove wanted level. easy money

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

Is it safe to assume that they don't unlock until you have remote explosives unlocked otherwise it would be pretty pointless having them about if you can't get into them.

TheBuntz
  • TheBuntz

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

Now some advice.

Fair enough, I cannot say i have seen another one. 
But i guessed seeing the Armoured truck is what trigard the lester call.
Lucky me.... well not so lucky as i never got a payout lol

I have only seen it once and that was early levels. I'm level 53 and still waiting to see another one. Any suggestions?

AkumaBrad
  • AkumaBrad

Gramma Natsi

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:17 AM Edited by AkumaBrad, 08 October 2013 - 05:17 AM.

i use a shotgun for the door. if you dont want hassle of explosions. 

I avoid using the shotgun. A few times on single player I'd waste 40+ shotgun rounds into the backdoors and they simply wouldn't open. It's happened to my brother once or twice as well. Sticky bombs are the way to go. Guaranteed to open the truck and allows for a speedy getaway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users