Photo

Your Characters are NOT deleted

83 replies to this topic
GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

DO NOT make a new character if you are brought to a blank character slot screen!

I thought earlier that I had lost my character, but after calling R* they told me it isn't a bug, they are adding and moving their servers around. So I waited a couple hours and BAM, my character was back, with everything I had before I "thought" I lost him.

You will only lose your character IF you make a new one in the same character slot, as that new character overwrites that particular slot.

Hope this helps out those that are frustrated with their characters disappearing.

crashbandiqt
  • crashbandiqt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

This has been debunked so many times

Char has been missing for 7 days, I never made a temp character.

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

'

Then that particular character had corrupted data. According to R*, hitting retry on the "cannot connect to cloud server screen" can cause that.

Carsten
  • Carsten

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

'

Then that particular character had corrupted data. According to R*, hitting retry on the "cannot connect to cloud server screen" can cause that.

Legit

liv2rok
  • liv2rok

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

Another guy spoke to Rockstar's online chat support and was told that there was a chance characters will not be saved this time. It's a case of wait and hope.

I'd say if your character doesn't reappear in the next couple of days, remake it.

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:29 AM Edited by -TommyVercetti-, 07 October 2013 - 07:29 AM.

This. Mine is gone for 3-4 days f*cking c*nts.

'

stfu they will always find an excuse

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

'

I honestly don't care if you believe me or not.

Its COMPLETELY your fault if you decide to make a new character.

Restoring your "Lost" character is as easy as emailing R*

Lastly, That's the Truth. Deal with it.

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

lol

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

'

Are you retarded? My char is gone for 3/4 days, I DIDN'T TOUCH ANY OF THE SLOTS AND IT DIDN'T COME BACK, got it?

so stfu saying it's my fault, because obviously it's not.

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

'

Are you retarded? My char is gone for 3/4 days, I DIDN'T TOUCH ANY OF THE SLOTS AND IT DIDN'T COME BACK, got it?

Is this supposed to make me angry? Lol Are you 12? Lol why would I even say that, of coarse you are you cant tell the difference between 100k and 10k. http://gtaforums.com...-tattoo-online/ there is my proof.

So let me rephrase myself, I don't give two flying f*cks about your character, I started this thread to help others out who aren't complete D**ks.

If you don't believe what I have to say, then good for you. But its still YOUR FAULT. YOU corrupted YOUR character by Spam tapping retry when the cloud servers were down. Once again YOUR FAULT.

SmarOneNine
  • SmarOneNine

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

Rockstar should have been honest with what the back of the gtav game case says....for example ,

xbox live

online multiplayer 2-16 (two weeks after release)

co-op 2-16 ( two weeks after release)

game content download (someday)

leaderboards (everyone will hold world record after first race)

first race into gta online could be a problem

potential lost of online characters (multiple times)

dont push retry when trying to connect to our stupid f*cking cloud servers

HAPPY GAMING!

IcecubePAL
  • IcecubePAL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:52 AM Edited by IcecubePAL, 07 October 2013 - 08:00 AM.

I believe that it is totally random. I know of all the ways to prevent a character from getting deleted, my level 53 was still deleted earlier today.

Press back instead of retry when it says the cloud servers are down. Exit out of GTA Online by pressing start and choosing leave GTA Online under Online. When asked if you want to edit your character, say no. If your character isn't there, don't create another character. Instead, wait for your character to come back.

I followed all of that stuff. But once you try to get on GTA Online and it says the servers are unavailable and you can't connect, you are still putting yourself in danger of getting your character deleted. I think if you try to connect at the wrong time, then your character will get deleted. If you constantly try to connect, then your character will get deleted.

But yes, some people have retrieved their characters. I think the best way to avoid getting your character deleted is to follow those steps in my second paragraph, and check these forums or other forums to see if the servers are down. If they are down, then don't even bother trying to reconnect until 8 PM PST or whenever Rockstar says the servers are stable/back.

Slight0
  • Slight0

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

Take it to the parking lot you two.

Levano
  • Levano

::

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

About the retry button is actually true I think..

I was trying to loggin but the cloud servers were down. I was going back to singleplayer if I got the cloud server message. During this time my character was still on the socialclub with normal stats. 

Then I accidently pressed the retry button, and went straight to the character screen. Character was gone and socialclub stats wiped.

SmarOneNine
  • SmarOneNine

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:56 AM Edited by SmarOneNine, 07 October 2013 - 07:59 AM.

and Rockstar was so nice to let everyone know 6 days after the online went live not to push the Retry button?  because im sure no one has tryed that in 6 days of sh*t servers so its definitly our fault we lost our characters? lol stfu.

• drjonkoe and -TommyVercetti- like this

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

'

Is this supposed to make me angry? Lol Are you 12? Lol why would I even say that, of coarse you are you cant tell the difference between 100k and 10k. http://gtaforums.com...-tattoo-online/ there is my proof.

So let me rephrase myself, I don't give two flying f*cks about your character, I started this thread to help others out who aren't complete D**ks.

If you don't believe what I have to say, then good for you. But its still YOUR FAULT. YOU corrupted YOUR character by Spam tapping retry when the cloud servers were down. Once again YOUR FAULT.

Good job stalking posts, idiot.

Why would I want to make you angry I'm not 10 like you I'm just telling the truth, and you are not helping anyone at all right now by talking nonsense, right now noone have %100 right info so stop spreading stupid ideas of yours. R* screws the game up and it is OUR FAULT THE PLAYERS FAULT HUH? OK FANBOY keep sucking R* cock

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

and Rockstar was so nice to let everyone know 6 days after the online went live not to push the Retry button?  because im sure no one has tryed that in 5 days of sh*t servers so its definitly our fault we lost our characters? lol stfu.

Yeah.. OP is talking nonsense, and protects cockstar, pathetic lol

hello-fag-police-op-is-on-the-loose-agai

kill1uk
  • kill1uk

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

i lost mine, i never made a new character but there are 2 in both slots level 1, tbh i dont want to start again as this is not the first time, i had no errors at all, i went off for 1hr came back on and it brought me to that screen

IcecubePAL
  • IcecubePAL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

i lost mine, i never made a new character but there are 2 in both slots level 1, tbh i dont want to start again as this is not the first time, i had no errors at all, i went off for 1hr came back on and it brought me to that screen

I would wait until Rockstar fixes this problem. I haven't created a character since mines was deleted. It still shows my money in the bank though. I am playing a more "loose" character on a different PSN tag. I say loose because I am not going to be spending that much time on it like I did with my previous character.

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

'

Why would I want to make you angry I'm not 10 like you I'm just telling the truth, and you are not helping anyone at all right now by talking nonsense, right now noone have %100 right info so stop spreading stupid ideas of yours. R* screws the game up and it is OUR FAULT THE PLAYERS FAULT HUH? OK FANBOY keep sucking R* cock

LOL! Nice come back there kid...

First of all, I would assume the reason You specifically cannot get your character back or call R*, is because you ARE actually 12. And R* would immediately ban you for being underage.

Second,  "stupid ideas of mine"? Okay kid. Call R* and ask them yourself. Oh wait you cant your 12.

Lastly, are you REALY that naïve and dumb to think the game would be up and running perfectly not even a week after launch? You MUST of failed a grade or two...

SmarOneNine
  • SmarOneNine

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Rockstar f*cked all of us with this cloud server bullsh*t , we wouldnt be having this problem if we could save to our HARDRIVE'S! 

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

and Rockstar was so nice to let everyone know 6 days after the online went live not to push the Retry button?  because im sure no one has tryed that in 5 days of sh*t servers so its definitly our fault we lost our characters? lol stfu.

Yeah.. OP is talking nonsense, and protects cockstar, pathetic lol

hello-fag-police-op-is-on-the-loose-agai

lol

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

and Rockstar was so nice to let everyone know 6 days after the online went live not to push the Retry button?  because im sure no one has tryed that in 6 days of sh*t servers so its definitly our fault we lost our characters? lol stfu.

Maybe because they didn't find it until 6 days after?

Fruit for thought.

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

Rockstar f*cked all of us with this cloud server bullsh*t , we wouldnt be having this problem if we could save to our HARDRIVE'S! 

Aint that the truth.

IcecubePAL
  • IcecubePAL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:09 AM Edited by IcecubePAL, 07 October 2013 - 08:10 AM.

Aint that the truth.

I believe the main reason that they don't let us save to our harddrive is because of hackers. There have been reports of hackers on PSN though. I don't know about the 360. But saving on the harddrive would create even more hackers.

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

Aint that the truth.

I believe the main reason that they don't let us save to our harddrive is because of hackers. There have been reports of hackers on PSN though. I don't know about the 360. But saving on the harddrive would create even more hackers.

Yeah could be.

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

Moment of truth, we're about to find out if you're full of sh*t.

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

'

First of all, I would assume the reason You specifically cannot get your character back or call R*, is because you ARE actually 12. And R* would immediately ban you for being underage.

Second,  "stupid ideas of mine"? Okay kid. Call R* and ask them yourself. Oh wait you cant your 12.

Lastly, are you REALY that naïve and dumb to think the game would be up and running perfectly not even a week after launch? You MUST of failed a grade or two...

Pff you are just stupid really, not worth to talk anything. I'm pretty positive that you are the 12 year old because you are telling the same thing over and over again thinking I'm also 12 like you but you are wrong, sorry kiddo. 

Why would I call R* to get a generic answer from a call center guy who tells the same thing to everyone, and I don't live in uk or us, why would I pay a lot of money to talk with those c*nts.

Lastly, you are the naive, idiot and retard, do you think cockstar is only working on this game for a week? they have been working on it for years lol, same goes with online too. you are the one being naive and believing whatever r* says like a sheep. They didn't start online 1 week ago like you think, they've been running it for a loooong time. Stop protecting them fa**ot.

Lisker
  • Lisker

Weeeeeee~

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:17 AM Edited by Lisker, 07 October 2013 - 08:20 AM.

Don't play solo sessions either. I lost mine when the cloud went down and the solo session crashed.

Pff you are just stupid really, not worth to talk anything. I'm pretty positive that you are the 12 year old because you are telling the same thing over and over again thinking I'm also 12 like you but you are wrong, sorry kiddo. 

Why would I call R* to get a generic answer from a call center guy who tells the same thing to everyone, and I don't live in uk or us, why would I pay a lot of money to talk with those c*nts.

Lastly, you are the naive, idiot and retard, do you think cockstar is only working on this game for a week? they have been working on it for years lol, same goes with online too. you are the one being naive and believing whatever r* says like a sheep. They didn't start online 1 week ago like you think, they've been running it for a loooong time. Stop protecting them fa**ot.

Why do you even bother? According to him it's all our fault for pressing "retry". That is the same logic as saying "You only got shot because you got in the way of the bullet!!!". Just ignore and do something more productive. 

Rockstar f*cked up, and they f*cked up bad. The online is sh*t, and their cloud solution sucks. It will take some time to make it work as intended. I just wished they handled it properly and put the word "Beta" behind the release. Then people wouldn't be bitching but just reporting bugs.

• -TommyVercetti- likes this

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:20 AM Edited by GTAHomie420, 07 October 2013 - 08:49 AM.

'

Look bud, you gunna come up with something original? or just copy EXACTLY what I say?

First, if I'm not "worth" talking to then why are you posting? Oh that's right, your nothing but a troll, go back under your bridge. Its FAR past your bedtime.

Second, You wouldn't be paying ANY money... You're parents are.....

Thirdly, GTA Online AT THIS MOMENT Isn't even a Beta. At best it can be called an Alpha. This is the FIRST TIME R* has EVER attempted an Online game of this magnitude, so OF COARSE there is going to be ALOT of hiccups along the way. And MAJOR ones at that.

Lastly, "Protecting these fa**ots"? LOL, more like enjoyment at watching you Rage over a Video game.  You should be in bed shouldn't you? Don't you have school tomorrow?

On that note, you MIGHT want to go Study grammar.... and English.... lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users