Photo

Are people Unpredictable?

17 replies to this topic
FateRider
  • FateRider

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

I was play one night just minding my own buisness, when some random comes along.
My thought was "better get my gun ready to shoot..."
Thats when I noticed he was also doing the same.
We had no mics so we just stared each other down.
Now I didnt shoot, but he shot me down then ran away.
Thats when I started thinking, both him and me instinctivly tried to protect ourselves.
Because we both have been murdered multiple times.
murdering players needs to have a bigger consiquence in game, jail time with loss of rank or something like that.
So people will think twice before just shooting at other player for no reason.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:25 AM

Well, they do get the cops on them. Or put a bounty on them... or call in a Merryweather strike on 'em. That's what I do.

Carsten
  • Carsten

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:26 AM

It's annoying that everyone starts shooting...

I have the same feeling you had last night when someone approached me.... i stood still, took my gun out. He drove up to me, got out the car... when he got his gun out, i shot him... just to be safe. I didn't really want to but i didn't want to die either :p

+1 for punishment

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:26 AM

If someone doesn't shoot at me, then I'll just drive past them. 

FateRider
  • FateRider

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

I have the same feeling you had last night when someone approached me.... i stood still, took my gun out. He drove up to me, got out the car... when he got his gun out, i shot him... just to be safe. I didn't really want to but i didn't want to die either :p

+1 for punishment

It was you...

Im kidding.

Carsten
  • Carsten

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

+1 for punishment

It was you...

Im kidding.

SELF DEFENSE!

gmoneymaster24
  • gmoneymaster24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:30 AM

I have fun just rolling around with strangers until they killed me or realized I'm friendly. 

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

One of my friends went and outright killed some random person who had a $10k bounty.  Something tells me the bounty was not really well deserved...

Other than that, I don't really mingle with anyone outside my circle of friends.  Though I do have one friend who is very socially retarded...  To make a long story short, he was the first person to kill me...

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

I think the rule is, don't get out of your car...

Pieee
  • Pieee

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

It is stupid how blowing up some ones car is a huge deal but killing them thousands of time dosnt matter

• willinjapan likes this

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

It sucks. Especially after a mission and everyone is spawned next to each other with all that cash. My first thought is "IM GETTIN THE f*ck OUTTA HERE!" It sucks that you always have to like the crazy old man who thinks that "they" are after him because, in this case, they usually are.

FateRider
  • FateRider

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

I admit, I self defenced a few times only cause they shot first.
But this is the point, you can't judge a book by its cover.
Even my crew members will suddenly turn on each other due to "trust issues" we all have a good time but still the person starting conflict should at least have a penilty for them to stop and think "is shooting this person really gonna help me?"

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:47 AM Edited by Flexx, 17 November 2013 - 08:55 AM.

Isn't this why they made passive mode? For people like you.

This is GRAND THEFT AUTO. The game[s] even before online we all knew and loved.

"Extra consequences" for shooting another player online? Thats the dumbest thing I've heard this hour.

Use solo or passive mode for your fix, or get better at defending yourself.

And for the record, no im not one of those guys goin around shootin people for no reason. I actually have this thing where as long as you aren't in my space, you won't die. As long as you don't shoot or aim at me, you won't die.

If someone w/ no mic gets out of their car and walks up to you, it would be pretty damn stupid not to shoot. What did you possibly think he wanted from you?

FateRider
  • FateRider

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:00 AM Edited by MiraKanon, 07 October 2013 - 07:04 AM.

Isn't this why they made passive mode? For people like you.

This is GRAND THEFT AUTO. The game[s] even before ONLINE; we all knew and loved.
"Extra consequences" for shooting another player online? Thats the dumbest thing I've heard this hour.
Use solo or passive mode for your fix, or get better at defending yourself.

And for the record, no im not one of those guys goin around shooting people for no reason. I actually have this thing where as long as you aren't in my space, you won't die. As long as you don't shoot or aim at me, you won't die.

If someone w/ no mic gets out of their car and walks up to you it would be pretty damn stupid not to shoot. What did you possibly think he wanted from you, a dance?

Online is a social game, so if I wanted to keep space from other players and play passive, I'd play single player.
I can defend myself, and being in passive mode take out a lot of fun.
Half the time mic sounds like it up someones ass.
point I'm trying to get, is that people should think about what they do, before they go around mindlessly killing people.

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:08 AM Edited by Flexx, 07 October 2013 - 07:10 AM.

Online is a social game, so if I wanted to keep space from other players and play passive, I'd play single player.

Kinda difficult being social w/ someone who you cannot hear, yea?

Why don't you just come up w/ a code of conduct to play by or play on a whim like everyone else?

Anyway, I don't like your idea. Just my opinion. Thats not the GTA I know. Not the GTA I bought. One w/ penalties for "murder".

AusyAndy
  • AusyAndy

~Live~to~Ride~

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

It sucks. Especially after a mission and everyone is spawned next to each other with all that cash. My first thought is "IM GETTIN THE f*ck OUTTA HERE!" It sucks that you always have to like the crazy old man who thinks that "they" are after him because, in this case, they usually are.

Haha, I completed a mission with some crew members the other day, spawned together in the same session and straight away one of our crewmates gunned the rest of us down from his position at the back of the group. Now I get ready in case players spawn together again (though it hasn't happened since), so I can run away, zigzagging across the street into the nearest alleyway like a paranoid madman. I'd rather not have to do that. Lol.

As for the OP, I've had encounters similar, as we all will have. A curious player meeting turns into a first-to-panic showdown of sorts. It just reinforces how pointless these kind of games really can be without (everybody using) a headset. Obviously that wouldn't stop someone from killing you as you stroll up to say "hi friendo!" but at least it opens up some communication with possible future buddies/allies etc... rather than "wow that's a sweet car. He's getting out, is he gonna cap my ass? I'd better pop him first just to be on the safe side!"

Really not worth the risk to trust anybody on the street.

willinjapan
  • willinjapan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

Kinda difficult being social w/ someone who you cannot hear, yea?

Why don't you just come up w/ a code of conduct to play by or play on a whim like everyone else?

Anyway, I don't like your idea. Just my opinion. Thats not the GTA I know. Not the GTA I bought. One w/ penalties for "murder".

more like a penalty for grieving.  killing a person a couple times no problem, now chasing that person down when they spawn and spawn killing them over and over again thats another story. also passive mode is just a joke atm, you either are on foot and other players can kill you by running you over, or you get in a car and passive mode doesnt work, so they shoot you down. either way you are out of luck.

GodWaffle
  • GodWaffle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

I generally stay away from other players in the game, or just drive past (usually they will shoot at me when I drive past so it's a good thing I don't stop), usually I just roll with my actual friends so we back each other up f someone pulls a gun.

I will admit I let the beast out once - I was walking out of my friend's apartment and I see this other player, struggling to open the door to my car, so I pulled out a shotgun and blew his head off.  I still think he deserved it, but maybe he didn't actually realize it was a player's car until he tried opening it..

But yeah, this is just like DayZ - the fear of other players murdering you will turn you into the murderer, and so most players will shoot first, ask questions later.  DayZ is actually exactly like this, except there's more incentive to kill people since they carry loads of useful supplies.

-GodWaffle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users