Tips for Survival "Boneyard"

11 replies to this topic
JasePearson
  • JasePearson

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

o/

So, me and three other random guys completely dominated the Boneyard Survival, it's definitely something everyone shouild look at doing, both challenging and entertaining.

So the way we did it, is you definitely need a minimum of two people to even get close to completing the ten waves, if you get four people it's a lot easier.

Simply go to the building with two entrances, split of into two groups and hold one entrance each, only leave when the wave is finished and you're picking up armor and health. The choppers are every three to four levels with two to three choppers at wave 10.

When they start using Assault Shotguns, I recommend grabbing one as soon as possible from the bodies, it makes holding these entrances very easy. Also look at purchasing some stick bombs to throw on the entry points as occasionally you'll have a massive zerg rolling in from a single door.

Take your time, and don't be a hero, we noticed many players like to run around outside the area and started dying very fast past wave five, it's ridiculous so stick with your group and work together.

If successful, you get a nice 20k reward and around 3000 RP plus the stuff you earned in the fight.

Hope this is somewhat helpful in anyway.

Dinga Ding
  • Dinga Ding

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

I prefer the rooftop across the yard, the cover goes all the way around and when choppers come in, 4 players with automatic weapons brings them down in seconds :-)

JasePearson
  • JasePearson

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

I prefer the rooftop across the yard, the cover goes all the way around and when choppers come in, 4 players with automatic weapons brings them down in seconds :-)

I've found that because of the roof tops and the two single doors, it's a lot easier to maintain control over the entire match, very amusing blowing up the bodies in the door way, all of which light on fire and then as the enemy runs up to us they fall over in flames :)

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

Great tips, thanks :)

Taibo84
  • Taibo84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

Ran this quite a few times this morning and made approximately $100,000. Each team I was involved with, was completely random, which proves that you dont need too have a pre-made group, too have success in survival matches. The first team I was involved with, we had moderate success, reaching wave 5 on a consistant basis. The problem in that group was that 1-2 players were running all over the map, attempting to compile the most kills (note: you may be able to get away with that in the early waves, but when you start to reach about wave 5, you become a huge liability too your teamates). I found the most success with my second group (again, completely random), completing all 10 waves on 2 consecutive attempts. The reason we were so succesful? You guessed it, noone was trying to be a hero. Our strategy? We held 4 points on the map. The primary point, was the building rooftop in the middle of the map (This player normally compiled the most kills each round, but let me reinforce, survival is about being a team player, not a glory w****). The rooftop player has the ability too see majority of the map and can lay down support fire in 360 degrees, but primary focus is on the adds that spawn behind the house. The second point (the point I held) was the courtyard area behind the primary point. From this point you are protected on the backside by a wall (plus the primary player, whose focus is on the adds on the otherside of that wall), and your focus should be on the adds that spawn across the lot, near the planes (protecting the primary players back side). Occasionally, when those adds are down, you can assist the primary point, by using the sand hills to peer over the wall and get a few shots off on his adds. The third point was inside the hangar. This player was protected on all sides (with the exception of the 2 entry points) and focused on the spawns coming in from the roadside. The fourth point, was behind the trailer, along the wall on the right hand side from the starting spot. From that point, they could cover the hangars 2nd entry (the 3rd players back side) as well as spawns coming in from the roadside. This set up allowed for us too have every players backside covered, which leads too victory. You hold these points until after each wave, only then do you run for ammo/health/armor. When the trucks enter the fray, the 3rd and 4th player should be using grenades too eliminate them quickly (you want to save the rockets for the heli's). When the heli's start to enter, whoever has the rockets, take them out as quickly as possible, when it is safe to do so. Anyone fortunate enough to pick up a rail gun, should also be saving that ammo for use on the heli's, it brings them down really fast. Good luck and let me know if this strategy works for you.

• tubevox1982 likes this

YogurtStorm
  • YogurtStorm

Knowledgeable industry Guru

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

I do the same thing. That warehouse is an easy camp especially with 4 people. Roof protects you from Helicopter fire too.

slk1981
  • slk1981

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

There is a port a cabin at the far end by the main road

Two people one either end and you can not fail to reach level 10, Just completed it 3 times about an hour ago

Bonus is the choppers can not spot you 

LORD0fW4R187
  • LORD0fW4R187

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

if you go inside the secondary room inside the hangar and shoot the guys through the metal gate/wall, they dont shoot back for some reason. the only way you will die inside this room is if you get shot through the doorway from inside the hangar. 

they may patch this, i dunno. it seems like a glitch.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

i totally love the rooftop it is a great area to camp and kill enemies!!

YogurtStorm
  • YogurtStorm

Knowledgeable industry Guru

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

if you go inside the secondary room inside the hangar and shoot the guys through the metal gate/wall, they dont shoot back for some reason. the only way you will die inside this room is if you get shot through the doorway from inside the hangar. 

they may patch this, i dunno. it seems like a glitch.

Yeah it is a glitch, the enemies must see the grill as a solid collision even though the player can shoot through.

Daniel_B
  • Daniel_B

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

The rooftop is way too exposed for my taste.  It works fine in the early rounds, but in the later ones when the enemy weapons get a lot heavier, you can get decimated so damn fast.  You also have to worry about covering a 270-degree area.

And the warehouse only really works if you can coordinate with your teammates to make sure that you've got both entrances covered... and even then you really need 4 people in there (2 covering each doorway) on later waves, cuz the doorways are so wide that 3 or 4 guys will come in at once--some with miniguns--and it can be more than 1 player can handle.

The best location, IMO, is the narrow gap between the trailer and wall (off to the right of the warehouse).  It really works well if you can get 2 people in there, 1 covering each end, but I've carried entire late waves solo from in there, so it's do-able for just 1...

Paradox2015
  • Paradox2015

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

The rooftop still leaves you somewhat open... My crew and I were strategic. The first 4 waves, one of us on the roof, another behind the building behind the gate, the third was behind a car across from the building, the last man inside the plane as a last line of defense.

Once the cars start piling up we would move them closer into the yard and place sticky bombs on them... Great for level 7 and 8 when the hordes come in....

Between level 7-8 we have changed positions, and are cornering ourselves in the bottom left of the map, by the planes. After the first run through, you can nock out 4 an hour... Great for your cash flow, xp, and bringing a mg back to pick up a crate or bounty ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users