Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you need xbox live gold to play online?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic
Qwerty_jam11
  • Qwerty_jam11

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

Do you need xbox live gold to play online?

GarX
  • GarX

Duke

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

Yep

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:13 AM Edited by SpidersWeb, 07 October 2013 - 06:13 AM.

Yes, just like most Xbox titles.

It's quite cheap per month, I don't even notice it, probably paid for 6 months where I didn't even use the service just because I forgot.

Qwerty_jam11
  • Qwerty_jam11

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

I've been playing online and I don't have gold, I'm playing right now.

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

You are so adorable.. I wanna adopt you as my child... a paid subscription to XBL is needed for the following things if memory serves me right....

Any subscription based service aka Netflix, Hulu Plus

Achievements

To play FREE demos....

And to play online....

Thats why I said FU M$ and bought a PS3 and will be getting a PS4 which doesn't require money to access F2P games or subscription services or even the recording feature. 

rap206
  • rap206

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

You are so adorable.. I wanna adopt you as my child... a paid subscription to XBL is needed for the following things if memory serves me right....

Achievements

To play FREE demos....

And to play online....

Thats why I said FU M$ and bought a PS3 and will be getting a PS4 which doesn't require money to access F2P games or subscription services or even the recording feature. 

Whilst I agree with you i still feel that for the quality of items you get on PS+ compared to the games for gold on Xbox that the subscription can justify the means 

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

Achievements

To play FREE demos....

And to play online....

Whilst I agree with you i still feel that for the quality of items you get on PS+ compared to the games for gold on Xbox that the subscription can justify the means 

Pretty much this.

Option A: Free, not at many features
Option B: Small fee, better features

I'd say there's no real winner there.

AlwayzFr0sty
  • AlwayzFr0sty

There's No Oxygen In Heaven

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

Achievements

To play FREE demos....

And to play online....

Yeah all those free magic the gathering games

ZombCreations
  • ZombCreations

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

Why am I not surprised this turned into a system comparison thing?

Concorde2010
  • Concorde2010

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

The real question is what happens if you happen to have Xbox Live Bronze... 

Prolly get Auto-Banned.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

Achievements

To play FREE demos....

And to play online....

Actually they've given out some pretty decent games. Happy Wars, Rainbow 6 Vegas, M:tG, Might & Magic, Crackdown, All-Star Poker, etc.

And 2 new free ones every month. So, yeah, not just Magic the Gathering games.

• KeithMcClees likes this

ZombCreations
  • ZombCreations

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

Us xbox players pay to play because we feel that were paying for a good service and its worth it, period. No reason to compare dick sizes. Its all preference.
  • KeithMcClees likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

I think xbl gold is free for the weekend.

KeithMcClees
  • KeithMcClees

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

Us xbox players pay to play because we feel that were paying for a good service and its worth it, period. No reason to compare dick sizes. Its all preference.

Agreed 100% (upping the gold price ten bucks was a dick move though)

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Chradder? I didn't know it was RPG time already.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

The real question is what happens if you happen to have Xbox Live Bronze... 

Prolly get Auto-Banned.

No, it's like not being connected to the Internet, you don't get access to online Multiplayer at all.

Also, regarding the content of PSN and Live, I feel PSN has more stuff relevant to my needs, I also don't feel like paying for both Netflix and Xbox Live to be able to watch Netflix. Also, I got Red Dead Redemption with Undead for free on PSN+ and that's what kept me subscribed to that feature even if I don't have to.

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:48 AM Edited by iTz-JoNeSy, 07 October 2013 - 09:48 AM.

I think xbox live were doing a free weekend. It'll end today, then you will be forced to pay like the rest of us. Which is fair, why should you get to play for free, on servers we paying customers fund?

BlackFeather SR
  • BlackFeather SR

Assassin

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

I've been playing online and I don't have gold, I'm playing right now.

you won't be playing it from today, Xbox gold weekends are what you stumbled in to

Daniel_B
  • Daniel_B

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

Achievements

To play FREE demos....

And to play online....

Gold isn't required for achievements or to download and play free demos.  You do need it for Netflix/Hulu and MP.

Also, you can buy and download DLC without having a gold subscrip (only mentioning that because I've seen comments from some people in the past who don't realize that)...

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Achievements

To play FREE demos....

And to play online....

Actually they've given out some pretty decent games. Happy Wars, Rainbow 6 Vegas, M:tG, Might & Magic, Crackdown, All-Star Poker, etc.

Those are awful compared to the PS+ games.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

Achievements

To play FREE demos....

And to play online....

That sounds pretty subjective to me, bro.

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

Achievements

To play FREE demos....

And to play online....

Look at some of the games that have been on PS+.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

Achievements

To play FREE demos....

And to play online....

I have. Still subjective.

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

Achievements

To play FREE demos....

And to play online....

I think you see my point.

BlackFeather SR
  • BlackFeather SR

Assassin

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

^ I love Ascend:Hand of Kul more than uncharted(boring series imo)

Also you PS+ fanboys are gonna have a shock when you get a ps4. Ps4 needs ps+ to play mp, to play Netflix, to play YouTube... Sounds like you guys are screwed next gen

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

Achievements

To play FREE demos....

And to play online....

I think you see my point.

I think you see your own and no one else's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users