» «
Photo

How to play with friends easier?

23 replies to this topic
Floydrose
  • Floydrose

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:16 AM Edited by Floydrose, 07 October 2013 - 05:16 AM.

It is extremely difficult to casually play GTA Online with friends. To play a job together, I have to host it or we have to try to get into the same one fast enough. Then after the job, we join separate sessions and have to try to get into the same one, which is also difficult because they are often full. Not sure if we are missing something here, but is there an easy way to play with friends?

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

I am also interested in playing with my friends more. I don't like being booted to some random free roam alone when I was just tearing it up with 5 people from my friend list.
  • Floydrose likes this

Floydrose
  • Floydrose

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

It is literally almost impossible to do jobs with friends without hosting. A bit annoying in my opinion. They need to incorporate the party system that almost every other multiplayer game has.

• rexmaverik likes this

vc1990
  • vc1990

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:01 AM

It is extremely difficult to casually play GTA Online with friends. To play a job together, I have to host it or we have to try to get into the same one fast enough. Then after the job, we join separate sessions and have to try to get into the same one, which is also difficult because they are often full. Not sure if we are missing something here, but is there an easy way to play with friends?

Having the same issues with my mates online.

Once a job/mission has completed, we end up on different servers. Would prefer us to be placed in the same server. Not sure if there's a solution at the moment.

But I'd rather Rockstar Games just focus on fixing the character deletion & stabilising the servers.

• aboxofdogs likes this

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:06 AM

Didn't play too many missions but after you play a mission and are on the voting screen if you all vote "Freemode" don't you all get placed into the same world?

vc1990
  • vc1990

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:08 AM Edited by vc1990, 07 October 2013 - 06:08 AM.

Didn't play too many missions but after you play a mission and are on the voting screen if you all vote "Freemode" don't you all get placed into the same world?

Nah, you still get placed in different servers despite all voting for freemode.

Its rare that we get placed on the same server.

Floydrose
  • Floydrose

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

Well most of the time everybody in the job doesn't vote for freemode. We still want to play with random people, and everybody else in a job isn't going to vote for freemode. Is this even something Rockstar is aware of or is this something that we are going to have to deal with? I haven't seen anything on the issue yet, which is why I posted this thread.

Jersey
  • Jersey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

create an invite only session 

• BatFerYou likes this

Rotten_evil
  • Rotten_evil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

I'm having issues with the same thing. I don't know why they even incorporated the 'join crew members' 'join friends' part when neither work and if they do it's so rare that you forget about the time it did work.

I just had been invited to a game with a friend and it told me once the session timed out and then the other time it said unable to connect. It's frustrating to the point that I don't even want to play because I'd rather play with friends than on my own.

C4-_-GIBBfather
  • C4-_-GIBBfather

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:24 AM

If this issue isent fixed i guess gta0 will vanish in a short time. the core idea about the game is to have fun with your friends. And i Think R* will look into things like this just that they have bigger issues on the table atm. we just got to be patient.

rexmaverik
  • rexmaverik

Career Gamer/NO BS

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

Major Issue. I even try to join my FRIENDS server or my crew mems server, I get one match then we free-roam on different servers. It's gay.

Macca93
  • Macca93

Leeds United

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:58 AM

You automatically get put into a game with your friends if you log on and they are also on.. I know what you mean though, constantly getting frustrated as it seems much harder than usual to play with friends -.-

Floydrose
  • Floydrose

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

create an invite only session 

We want to play with randoms too, but be together also. They just need a party system like how COD works (I hate to use COD as an example, but the system that they use would work good for this) where the entire party travels together into the same jobs and sessions. I do understand that Rockstar has bigger issues to deal with at this moment, and I'm fine with that, I just hope that they realize this is an inconvenience and even plan on fixing it. I can't imagine they actually planned for it to be this difficult, but other than this thread that I made I haven't seen a single post anywhere on the internet regarding this, so I just hope they at least realize its a problem.

RNS Eldensword
  • RNS Eldensword

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:03 PM

(Xbone) Creating an "invite only session" works for a minute but once everyone votes to go to freemode - Everyone gets scattered for the most part. It'll keep one or two together and scatter the rest. It IS ridiculous that R* didn't catch this in the first place and nuts that they haven't patched it yet. I play every Friday with 8 friends. I convinced them all to buy GTA5, not knowing it would be this difficult to all play at the same time for a long session. Is it seriously easier to ping and keep random strangers together than it is to keep players that are in a party together??? That doesn't seem reasonable from a programming stand point. Between Halo: MCC, Destiny's 3 only in a party and R*'s BROKEN servers...I wonder if we'll ever see sophisticated friends/ lobby systems again...

Str33tJustus
  • Str33tJustus

Crew: Str33tWise

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:06 PM

You automatically get put into a game with your friends if you log on and they are also on.. I know what you mean though, constantly getting frustrated as it seems much harder than usual to play with friends -.-

No you don't...

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:07 PM

(Xbone) Creating an "invite only session" works for a minute but once everyone votes to go to freemode - Everyone gets scattered for the most part. It'll keep one or two together and scatter the rest. It IS ridiculous that R* didn't catch this in the first place and nuts that they haven't patched it yet. I play every Friday with 8 friends. I convinced them all to buy GTA5, not knowing it would be this difficult to all play at the same time for a long session. Is it seriously easier to ping and keep random strangers together than it is to keep players that are in a party together??? That doesn't seem reasonable from a programming stand point. Between Halo: MCC, Destiny's 3 only in a party and R*'s BROKEN servers...I wonder if we'll ever see sophisticated friends/ lobby systems again...

Let's see how cool the survey found your story to be...

Spoiler

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:07 PM

This was fixed back when this thread was created.

Why to revive something that no longer exists.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:09 PM

Holy necro batman

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:15 PM Edited by StangOne50, 03 March 2015 - 04:16 PM.

I know certain activities like say golf for example. If you start with your friend in an invite only session. When the rounds ends you will be put back in the same session together. Can't recall if it works with missions and races. 

edit..2013 wtf lol 

steve0london
  • steve0london

FatherTruckin P I M P

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:16 PM

On PS4, me and my crew have exchanged "real name request" with one another and have since been kept together regardless of choice on voting screen.

Hope this helps somebody

Nick930930
  • Nick930930

the Godfather

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:18 PM

On PS4, me and my crew have exchanged "real name request" with one another and have since been kept together regardless of choice on voting screen.

Hope this helps somebody

It doesn't real name requests are not the reason you're being kept together. Just the fact that you are friends with that individual is keeping you together. Being disconnected from each other is a bug. One that more often occurs on the old gen versions of the game but is still common on new gen. 

I found that if you first join on a friend's free-roam server and then host a gamemode/mission, after the mission is completed, you'll all be transported back to the same free-roam session you were in before. 

steve0london
  • steve0london

FatherTruckin P I M P

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:21 PM Edited by steve0london, 03 March 2015 - 04:24 PM.

Absolutely not. Were constantly split, like everyone in this thread.

Since the requests it changed, immediately I might add.

Regardless of lobby or job type.

Literally went from being split up to name requests to being kept together. Five of us and all the same experience.

If indeed it is a bug, it is avoidable

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:21 PM

Friends session works, dude. You on PS3?

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Messianic JoyChrist

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:24 PM

Nominate one person to do an invite only sesh. Set up a playlist.

Works for me. But then I can figure things out for myself, like cupboards, toilet flushes, science and Gend Thrift Otto Prawn Wine.
  • ugotsmoked likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users