Photo

Question about cars

7 replies to this topic
Magooder
  • Magooder

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

I understand to keep a stolen car I have to go to Los Santos Customs, customize the car, and then purchase a tracker for it.. but every time I go to do that I don't have the option of purchasing a tracker (or insurance). What am I doing wrong?

Also, is this the same for online?

And finally, do I have to purchase a tracker for vehicles I buy or do they automatically come with one.

Help appreciated, especially on that first question as I'm stuck not wanting to drive around the cars I've stolen at the moment. Thanks!

Magooder
  • Magooder

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

I should probably add that I am VERY early in the game - only 4% complete. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. I can't see 'loss/theft prevention' on any car that I take into the shop.

Jacket654
  • Jacket654

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

Tracker and insurance only apply to online.To keep a car in single player you need the iFruit app.(Real app)Other than that when you steal a car and customise it and then lose it, it is usually in the police impound.($250 to get it back).So make you're online car a good one.

Magooder
  • Magooder

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

Ah ok. Thanks for the help! 

So am I right in saying any car I steal is mine as long as I customize it at Los Santos Customs?

Jacket654
  • Jacket654

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

Its not yours until you change the plate(iFruit app), but it will stay at you're house as long as you park it there.If you leave it in the street to long or abandon it it will go to the impound.Any cars you do own with the number plate changed should end up at you're house.

Chris223
  • Chris223

The Simple Gamer

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

also if you modify your characters default car it will always spawn modified at your safehouse... Franklins Buffalo can be made pretty badass lol. 

Magooder
  • Magooder

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

Thanks for the replies.

Is the iFruit app also needed to keep cars on GTA Online? Or is it even possible to have more than one car online?

Magooder
  • Magooder

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:19 AM Edited by Magooder, 07 October 2013 - 08:23 AM.

Its not yours until you change the plate(iFruit app), but it will stay at you're house as long as you park it there.If you leave it in the street to long or abandon it it will go to the impound.Any cars you do own with the number plate changed should end up at you're house.

How do I go about this? I downloaded the iFruit app but when I try to customize a car it will only let me customize Franklin's buffalo.

Edit: Nvm, I figured it out! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users