Rockstar isn't reseting characters

52 replies to this topic
BEONDEST
  • BEONDEST

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:44 AM

so stfu already

you made a very productive post in the forum.  good for you.

but, seriously, they won't be resetting anything.  ever.  unless the server burns to the ground...

BURN IT TOO THE GROUND.. ill get my pitch fork

imotive
  • imotive

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:44 AM

No how about you stfu and I hope we get a reset I wanna see all the little whiny kids leave hey look at me I have no life cause I just farm on violent duct all day

shut your damn mouth

Wow.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

Wow what?

imotive
  • imotive

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

Wow what?

"Damn mouth" Just thought that was great.

madicea13
  • madicea13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

So where has my character been for 2 days? I really want to play this. 

HockeyMike24
  • HockeyMike24

Yes.

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:50 AM

Love the people basically taunting those who are suffering right now.

"Hahahaha hasn't happened to me yet, I am invincible!"

News flash: GTAO is a game. Rockstar can do whatever the f*ck they like. They could do a full reset to make it fair, since being a game it CAN be fair (this isn't life, right?) and guess what? This would act nothing more like a beta phase. Okay guys, you beta tested the game and now we're ready for a clean slate true launch, bug free.

But ya know, you f*cking hypocrites would rather keep your characters and your lead over the unfortunates. Hypocrites, the lot of you.

It sucks that lots of people have lost their characters and had their time wasted.  But I think it's a bit of a stretch to say those who haven't are gloating or holding it over the less fortunate.

Yeah, R* could do a full re-set.  Will they?  Not a chance in hell.  You think the situation is bad now, see what happens if they wipe everyone.  Categorically will not happen.

While there are problems, the majority of people have not had their characters deleted.  Would be ludicrous to piss off the majority to appease the minority

I'm sure it will still be many days before all these issues are fixed. Meaning there will be many more characters deleted. If there is a higher amount of deleted then not deleted. I can see them doing a reset.

Eagleheart
  • Eagleheart

U.S. Monsanto

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

It's pretty much luck of the draw right? I mean it would also depend on if you things like if you made your character before or after a certain patch was installed but with cloud saving everyone seems vulnerable.

AlwayzFr0sty
  • AlwayzFr0sty

There's No Oxygen In Heaven

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

Why would they reset the entire server when they could just do a rollback.....

BEONDEST
  • BEONDEST

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

so stfu already

you made a very productive post in the forum.  good for you.

but, seriously, they won't be resetting anything.  ever.  unless the server burns to the ground...

You can't burn a cloud....can you?

Hell yea you can. Its not just saved in condensed water molecules up in the sky. There is a hard drive somewhere that saves it. It's not saved on your hard drive its on some one else's. They just call it "cloud" because it sounds cool. Even the Gta radio talks s**t about the cloud being A**H***!

joeyhayes
  • joeyhayes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

News flash: GTAO is a game. Rockstar can do whatever the f*ck they like. They could do a full reset to make it fair, since being a game it CAN be fair (this isn't life, right?) and guess what? This would act nothing more like a beta phase. Okay guys, you beta tested the game and now we're ready for a clean slate true launch, bug free.

But ya know, you f*cking hypocrites would rather keep your characters and your lead over the unfortunates. Hypocrites, the lot of you.

okayyyy so everytime a new player gets on let's make things fair n even n reset all the characters!

You stand in line at midnight and buy a game that is about to be released, you expect a fair f*cking shot in the rank ladders.

You buy a game 6 months down the line in the bargain bin, you accept that you didn't wait in line on the midnight release.

The people who had their characters and hard work deleted? That's like waiting for the whistle blow on a race and then all of a sudden halfway through when you're in the lead, someone trips you and multiple other racers and let the rest run free to the finish, unabated.

Now using your comparison, that's like people showing up to the race 6 months late and demanding a reset. Not how it works.

See the difference, buttercup?
well guess wat. If R resets they will risk alot of people never playing online again cause ik for me that if I lose my character that I spent ranking up evey dam day doing races constantly that ill never play this f*cking game again. I havnt been staying up all nite n only getting 5 hours of sleep for nothing

So you can admit that you're the selfish one who is happy to not be affected by a force reset while the rest of the world is?

Okay bro. True colors showing is all I care about at this point, since it seems you'll be getting your way.

Rest of the world?  Got some figures there to back that up?  From what I can work out, the majority of player character saves have been fine.

The point Angie was making is R* won't piss off the majority of their player base and risk loosing thousands of users to appease a vocal minority.  Which is completely right.  Bad, bad business decision if nothing else.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:54 AM

Wow what?

"Damn mouth" Just thought that was great.

Thanks bro! I cut a good promo

ShaunBowers
  • ShaunBowers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

So does this mean my old character which got deleted will come back?

psycosiss
  • psycosiss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

What's wrong with resetting everyone? We all know everyone who plays only "wasted" their time boosting missions. I mean I saw a level 140 already. Also a level 70 with no gun skill. This game is so flawed in so many ways. Reset all and have a clean slate

Angie94
  • Angie94

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

What's wrong with resetting everyone? We all know everyone who plays only "wasted" their time boosting missions. I mean I saw a level 140 already. Also a level 70 with no gun skill. This game is so flawed in so many ways. Reset all and have a clean slate

dont say everyone. I only play races to gain RP n money

Don 'de Medici'
  • Don 'de Medici'

le wild OG appears

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

Its not just saved in condensed water molecules up in the sky. 

Bullsh*t my character evaporated.

BEONDEST
  • BEONDEST

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

Its not just saved in condensed water molecules up in the sky. 

Bullsh*t my character evaporated.

hahahha.Touche.

Apxidia
  • Apxidia

Apxidia

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

R* won't reset the servers.  In fact they are currently trying to find a way to bring back lost characters, let alone get rid of anyone's progress.

Although I have to say I wish they did.  Everyone who achieved whatever they have with their characters, have done so within a few days.  You have to remember that GTA online is planned to be sustained for several years.  If a reset did occur, it would not take long to get your stuff back.  Unless of course...you played the same mission daily to get to where you are :)

Without the reset, everything everyone has is meaningless because regardless of how much work you put into anything, nobody will ever know for sure whether you just played the same mission ad nauseam or not.

At least with a reset, everything you have you can attest that you got it legit (not that it really matters anyway).

Concorde2010
  • Concorde2010

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:01 AM

Who did even come up with that rumour?

Just being curious ..

xTxMILLZ
  • xTxMILLZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

yeah, this makes sense, seems like the ones who cant play want it done because there jealous. so my question is, (if) they reset the servers, are you gonna ask for a reset when some one gets a higher level then you? give it up, you guys are annoying as fu*k... you make this forum a nightmare to read.... most of you guys aren't even old enough to play the game... little lone have a say in what happens in it. 

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

https://scontent-b-a...615013020_n.jpg

ashy152
  • ashy152

Signs Everywhere

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

Or maybe we just would like to keep the hours of work we put into our toon.

TommyK154
  • TommyK154

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

Bump so all the retards can see

TommyK154
  • TommyK154

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

Bump