Photo

dying man trying to reach a case, I picked it up, told me I was a dead

19 replies to this topic
Zman10
  • Zman10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:52 AM

So I was using trevor and I was gonna go hunting and when I was like 10 meters away from the hunting Icon 3 red circles flashed on the radar. Thought it was just a tiger so I used my sniper. Then I saw a man dragging himself just to reach the bbriefcase. Warned me not to pick up the case and when I did he told me that now im a dead man and right after that he died. Then I saw 3 pickup trucks, 1 van and 1 car. 10 mam were killed including the one who told me im a dead man and 1 dog was killed. They were killed before I got there. I didnt notice any money added to mt acc when I picked up the briefcase. Anyone else experienced this and what does this mmean?

mrflanks707
  • mrflanks707

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

Random event s ame thing happenes but I was attacked

TommyK154
  • TommyK154

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

..... Anyone else experienced this and what does this mmean?

I lol'd when I read that. Its just a random event thats in the game it happens to everyonewhat-does-it-mean.jpg

Zman10
  • Zman10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

Then what was the case for?

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:19 AM Edited by King Kapone, 07 October 2013 - 05:21 AM.

I guess no one here has seen 'No Country for Old Men'

220px-No_Country_for_Old_Men_poster.jpg

(Excerpt from summary)
"Llewelyn Moss (Josh Brolin), hunting pronghorn, comes across the aftermath of a drug deal gone awry: several dead men and dogs, a wounded Mexican begging for water, and two million dollars in a satchel that he takes to his trailer home."

Except in V its a case of $25,000.

It's nothing more than a reference / Easter egg to an amazing Coen brothers film.

By the way, I think its great you also were hunting when you came across it.

DisposableUnit
  • DisposableUnit

Alcoholic brain surgeon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

I've been trying to locate this random event. I love 'No Country for Old Men' and want to see this random event.
Can anyone direct me in the right direction please?

decon954
  • decon954

PS4 at launch.... Xbox one 8-12 months after

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

I've been trying to locate this random event. I love 'No Country for Old Men' and want to see this random event.

Just go to http://socialclub.ro...areer/checklist scroll down to the bottom and will show you where ANYTHING you have and have not found is. The one you are looking for is called DEAL GONE WRONG

DisposableUnit
  • DisposableUnit

Alcoholic brain surgeon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

Just go to http://socialclub.ro...areer/checklist scroll down to the bottom and will show you where ANYTHING you have and have not found is. The one you are looking for is called DEAL GONE WRONG

Thanks decon, too bad it doesn't say where it's located on Socialclub. But I googled the name and found the location. Thanks!

decon954
  • decon954

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

Thanks decon, too bad it doesn't say where it's located on Socialclub. But I googled the name and found the location. Thanks!

It does show you at the very bottom is a map and on the left you can pick what it shows random events, strangers ,etc..... and on the top right of the map you can pick it to show the ones you have done or not done ! Hands down the best map for finding anything.

Rule of Two
  • Rule of Two

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

I've run into this random event a few different times as both Trevor and Franklin. I only managed to die once while getting away with the case.

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

It is one of the best scenes in one of the best movies.....EVER.

Friendo.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

Did this yesterday as Michael. Just finished offroading through the canyon in a Canis Cherokee lookalike and saw this. I picked up the case full of $25k and drove off. Then I heard some guys and they began shooting at me. I panicked because they were messing up my health and my Canis crashed down into one of the piers I bought. I tried to swim off and I did. Then I sniped the guys after me from afar. :D Crazy sh*t.

JonnJonnz
  • JonnJonnz

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

Found it yesterday as Trevor. Just next to one of his hunting activities (near Mount Josiah I think). Picked up the case and then I was ambushed and insta killed a few minutes later

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

Found it a couple of weeks ago before my hunting session, I was smiling hard because just like a few people in this thread(or just that guy that posted it) No Country For Old Men was one of my favorite movies of all time, props to R*

Zannis
  • Zannis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

(Excerpt from summary)
"Llewelyn Moss (Josh Brolin), hunting pronghorn, comes across the aftermath of a drug deal gone awry: several dead men and dogs, a wounded Mexican begging for water, and two million dollars in a satchel that he takes to his trailer home."

It's nothing more than a reference / Easter egg to an amazing Coen brothers film.

I totally forgot that scene in that movie, but it all makes sense now!  I fell asleep during Old Country, thought it was a bit boring and a lot overrated, but to each their own.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

No Country for Old Men is one of my favourite movies, and when I got the briefcase I was hoping i would have to escape someone like Anton but instead It was just two guys I killed in 10 seconds I was disappointed.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

(Excerpt from summary)

I totally forgot that scene in that movie, but it all makes sense now!  I fell asleep during Old Country, thought it was a bit boring and a lot overrated, but to each their own.

The pacing and delivery throughout the film is classic Coens brothers, man. I agree it was slow but it had to be since the story took place over the course of 3 to 4 days.

Another movie that came out around the same time, There Will Be Blood, was even slower paced but I loved that damn movie too.

DisposableUnit
  • DisposableUnit

Alcoholic brain surgeon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

It does show you at the very bottom is a map and on the left you can pick what it shows random events, strangers ,etc..... and on the top right of the map you can pick it to show the ones you have done or not done ! Hands down the best map for finding anything.

I was looking at it at work and the browsers are sh*t there and that map didn't show! But at home I'm seeing it crystal clear! Thanks again. Agree, best map for finding anything!

• decon954 likes this

Zman10
  • Zman10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

Didnt ran into trouble when picking up the case though

decon954
  • decon954

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

Glad it worked for you.... I just found that map too... Makes founding anything SO MUCH BETTER

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users