Photo

Rockstar will be wiping ALL CHARACTERS

104 replies to this topic
Renaissance0321
  • Renaissance0321

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:32 AM

Bet you.  With all the glitches/exploits gone wild they will have to.  Once they patch this game and get things running smoothly I almost guarantee they will wipe everyone for all the people who haven't been able to play or have lost characters.  We will all start from a clean slate.

Also, to those people who exploit and cheat let me explain something to you.  This game is ABOUT making money.  That's the whole point.  To feel a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment when you buy a shiny car or a purty apartment.  As people mature and lose that need to have INSTANT GRATIFICATION we start to understand its about the journey not the end.  So when you are level 999 and you have every car and the best apartment you are the ones who come into the forum yelling GTA ONLINE SUCKS THERE IS NOTHING TO DO!!!  Just some advice. 

• Schweppez and Flexx like this

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

wouldnt mind that now that my level 36 guy and his cheetah is out the door

AlwayzFr0sty
  • AlwayzFr0sty

There's No Oxygen In Heaven

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

Everybody thought this before the big patch fixes and guess what? didn't reset them

Phopper
  • Phopper

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:36 AM

I agree.
Not to mention that you can actually spend real money on money in game, the exploits will make rockstar reset everyone.

Renaissance0321
  • Renaissance0321

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

Everybody thought this before the big patch fixes and guess what? didn't reset them

If you haven't noticed there are still character loss issues and server instability.  The big fix was because NOBODY was able to play.  Dur....

• MantisFang likes this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

Punch all Clouds.

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

I cant see them doing that, the backlash would be to awful. not everyones cheated or exploited and I dont see why theyd punish the majority of people with a reset.

• GoldMouf likes this

star55
  • star55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:39 AM

with the way things are now. they don't even need to bother wiping the characters. their cloud servers are doing that for them

• DaRkL3AD3R, Lethita, J_Gatsby and 1 other like this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:39 AM Edited by DaRkL3AD3R, 07 October 2013 - 03:39 AM.

Praying for a full reset. And to all the kids who will cry "wahh just because everyone else is suffering doesn't mean I should too" I hope you wake up to your character being deleted so you can feel what it's like to lose dozens of hours of work.

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

Inb4 f*ck NO! I LOVE PLAYING THE SAME MISSION OVER AND OVER THEN LIEING AND SAYING I DID IT LEGIT WAY. 

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

That wouldn't be a problem since my lvl 10 vanished into thin air. If by any chance my character does returns then this would be a big fat no, otherwise I'm fine with it.

aussiemcgr
  • aussiemcgr

Square Civilian

• Members

Praying for a full reset. And to all the kids who will cry "wahh just because everyone else is suffering doesn't mean I should too" I hope you wake up to your character being deleted so you can feel what it's like to lose dozens of hours of work.

So, basically, you are saying they should get their character deleted, and if they don't like it, you hope they wake up to their character having been deleted...?

METALPUNK
  • METALPUNK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:41 AM

I've worked very hard for my guy. He has earned every penny he has. It's been hard for him out there for sure. That said I would not be against this. One thing though they must fix any money exploits first. People are saying some of the exploits are not cheating, that may be technically true but you are cheating yourself out of that feeling of satisfaction when you do finally buy something earning money the right way.

9911MU51C
  • 9911MU51C

Player Hater

• Members

I cant see them doing that, the backlash would be to awful. not everyones cheated or exploited and I dont see why theyd punish the majority of people with a reset.

Not to mention this is *gasp* a game

I don't think rockstar gives a sh*t how people got money or leveled up. If you spoiled your own fun, it isn't there problem

AlwayzFr0sty
  • AlwayzFr0sty

• Members

Even if there was a chance your character might be restored later in the week?  I'm suffering from the character delete/ear defender reset as well but instead of wanting a friggin server reset im just gonna be patient till R* sorts their sh*t out.

DieHardShotgun
  • DieHardShotgun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

To feel a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment when you buy a shiny car or a purty apartment.  As people mature and lose that need to have INSTANT GRATIFICATION we start to understand its about the journey not the end.

Yeah, for the people who actually did earn their money, bought an apartment, earned over 100K (actually doing missions and working hard at it) the honest way have to suffer too? That doesn't make any sense...

• cracklinbread likes this

subsonicdust
  • subsonicdust

A Demon of Liberty

• Members

No.  Just no.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

stubborn-child.jpg"It's not fair! People are having fun!"

• oldak, TommyK154, cracklinbread and 1 other like this

9911MU51C
  • 9911MU51C

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

that may be technically true but you are cheating yourself out of that feeling of satisfaction when you do finally buy something earning money the right way.

That is alllll opinion. Why would R* work hard to patch mission replayability because some people like it that way? It's annoying that everyone is so angry at how other people play their own game

Coop121
  • Coop121

Player Hater

• Members

To be honest I think if they did do that, that'd be the right thing to do. Complete reset, everyone on the same playing field when things are working. 

It's not been released that long. Some people have still put a lot of hours in but it's still not like a life time character getting wipped. 

But they won't do it, not a chance. Check their support page. They are talking about finalising a way to refund or recover players characters. That doesn't sound like they are going for a wipe

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

This f*cking guy.

DieHardShotgun
  • DieHardShotgun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

Even if there was a chance your character might be restored later in the week?  I'm suffering from the character delete/ear defender reset as well but instead of wanting a friggin server reset im just gonna be patient till R* sorts their sh*t out.

I'm suffering from the character deleted thing too, this is pretty ridiculous that a great game and company produce something that doesn't even work.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

This f*cking guy.

I know, right? Pointing out the truth and sh*t. I'm a total ass.

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

What's the difference now for those of us already deleted several times.

Obviously, those that haven't been deleted want no part of a wipe.

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:45 AM

Got to love these dudes. Something sh*tty happens to them and they wish it was someone else. Misery loves company.

Stop wishing your frantic ADD results on other people and learn to not spaz out when you see an error.

Am I the only one who read the forums after seeing a disc content error and learned not to get my character wiped?
  • LeDunk6 likes this

AlwayzFr0sty
  • AlwayzFr0sty

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:45 AM Edited by AlwayzFr0sty, 07 October 2013 - 03:46 AM.

opinion or not none of this forum sh*t even matters R* has other things to worry about right? and a few mad forum posts isn't going to make R* go *WAIT GUYS some people think farming VD is unfair reset the servers!*

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

Awful idea and the fact that people are agreeing with this makes them utter morons.

• N_Raist likes this

Bawse
  • Bawse

Get it liek me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

No.

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

They better f*cking not do.

aussiemcgr
  • aussiemcgr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

I don't see the point in a wipe (other than some sort of vendetta against everyone who hasn't had issues). Do you think it has ruined your chance to be the highest ranked player or something? Who cares? No matter how hard you try, there will always be some lifeless fatass in a basement somewhere playing the game 24/7 who is 50 ranks higher than you, lol.

• Slippery Gypsy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users