» «
Photo

Did I just lose my character?

19 replies to this topic
LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:34 AM Edited by LotusRIP, 07 October 2013 - 02:35 AM.

I was only about Level 12 and having problems of constant loading screens and then always being spat back into free roam, or a deathmatch with nobody in it and I'm the host... seemed like I was losing connection with other players so I tried restarting my console. I'm pretty sure at one stage I pressed Square to "Retry" connection.

When I use the character wheel, my player's icon is there. I click it and it takes my to the character creation screen (but my bank account money is still current). My online account looks like this:

ev6qkz.png

Will my character come back eventually? Or should I create a new one on slot #2 ? Or are the servers down at the moment anyway and I should just wait? I'm just wondering because in the character creation screen it still has my current bank balance... if I create a new character can I still use that money or will it somehow zero out and I lose that all too?

f*cking hell, this game. Starting to wonder why any of us even bother.

OHBMajorV
  • OHBMajorV

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

I see the same when looking at the social club. Not sure but hope RockStar fixes there sh*t.

OriginalBusta
  • OriginalBusta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

Welcome to the group!

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:37 AM Edited by LotusRIP, 07 October 2013 - 02:37 AM.

Sorry if my question sounds a bit vauge... it just confuses me because my bank account is still right. So I guess I'm clinging onto hope that the character will magically re-appear.

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:37 AM

Im seeing the same. Owell.

ivs_sege
  • ivs_sege

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:37 AM

I am having the exact same issue.. 

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:40 AM

Yep, it's gone broham. I'm an old hand at this with uh..4 gone now. I've seen it too much.

PTSD .

Rails
  • Rails

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

Exact same here too, I am working tomorrow so I am just hoping that by the time I get home my guy will just magically have returned from the dead, but I expect to be disappointed :(

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:43 AM Edited by FearTheLiving, 07 October 2013 - 02:45 AM.

Same boat... I still am left asking myself why R* chose to save our character data on their damn cloud instead of allowing us to save them on our consoles no one would be having these damn issues, or at the very least utilize both.

SmarOneNine
  • SmarOneNine

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:46 AM

Same boat... I still am left asking myself why R* chose to save our character data on their damn cloud instead of allowing us to save them on our consoles no one would be having these damn issues, or at the very least utilize both.

agreed! this cloud server sh*t is retarded

ivs_sege
  • ivs_sege

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:53 AM

I assume there is no way to get them back? 

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

There is not, but they are giving the expected "..working on it, hearts and prayers / thoughts and families, blah blah blah."

ivs_sege
  • ivs_sege

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:20 AM

On to the next one.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:23 AM

Brother!

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:24 AM Edited by Scumbaggah, 07 October 2013 - 03:25 AM.

aussiemcgr
  • aussiemcgr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:26 AM Edited by aussiemcgr, 07 October 2013 - 03:26 AM.

My suggestion: don't touch online until your rockstar social club account is viewing incorrectly. The cloud seems to sync your player from the social club. If you played online without syncing from your social club account, there is the possibility it might overwrite it (I'm speculating, but these are my observations from everyone complaining).

My steps to avoid getting my characters deleted:

If I have trouble connecting:

1. Check my Social Club account, if it is ok

2. Exit game and restart console

3. Reenter game through single player

4. Confirm Social Club sync by going to Online > Crews > My Crews (and wait for it to load) from single player

5. If it loads, you should be synced with your social club, if you get an error message, either the cloud or the social club is down and you'll have to wait (DO NOT PLAY ONLINE IF YOU CANNOT PULL CREW INFO FROM THE SOCIAL CLUB)

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:32 AM

My suggestion: don't touch online until your rockstar social club account is viewing incorrectly. The cloud seems to sync your player from the social club. If you played online without syncing from your social club account, there is the possibility it might overwrite it (I'm speculating, but these are my observations from everyone complaining).
My steps to avoid getting my characters deleted:
If I have trouble connecting:
1. Check my Social Club account, if it is ok
2. Exit game and restart console
3. Reenter game through single player
4. Confirm Social Club sync by going to Online > Crews > My Crews (and wait for it to load) from single player
5. If it loads, you should be synced with your social club, if you get an error message, either the cloud or the social club is down and you'll have to wait (DO NOT PLAY ONLINE IF YOU CANNOT PULL CREW INFO FROM THE SOCIAL CLUB)

Sorry, but no.

I had just watched the orange SC circle do its thing & save my game. Took a pic & it worked.. I come back a bit later to having my guy gone. Wiped from SC as well but still showing my banked cash. Restarted the tutorial to see 95% of banked cash gone so i powered off during the tutorial race. Balance in my bank is still reading $68k so ive still got some hope of getting stats restored.

aussiemcgr
  • aussiemcgr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

My social club did the same thing yesterday. I left it alone and it fixed itself. R* has been telling people NOT to recreate characters in the same slot, so if you did that, you are probably sh*t out of luck.

AlwayzFr0sty
  • AlwayzFr0sty

There's No Oxygen In Heaven

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:35 AM

Brother!

Brother Brother!

Rockwheels
  • Rockwheels

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Canada