Quantcast

» «
Photo

So After all the hype. Heres a honest review.

104 replies to this topic
pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

"Features have been removed, (romance,weight,Food,Gangwars,Recruitment, buying houses)"

Only two of these were in IV, so they've hardly removed them from the last game. And you can buy properties, they're just not safe houses.

I'm sorry you're not enjoying your game though.

Your right. GTA 4 didnt have them but GTA 5 should! ... dont give us a trailers misleading us. When I first saw the trailer i told myself, "Imma have to focus extra hard in this college semester cus GTA5 was coming out"

Now. the game has been out for almost a month and Ive stopped playing it. Im sure im not the only one.

I  bought gta 4 last year when i bought a 360... i played that up until GTA 5 and had way more fun

ryantoma
  • ryantoma

Toma Bomber

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

if someone doesn't like this game, makes me wonder what will actually make them happy.

Last night I was on free mode with 4 mates, just f*cking around. So funny. Cant see how anyone would find it boring etc. Online is worth the money alone. Yes its dodgey right now but its really fun when it works.

Mobster124
  • Mobster124

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

I completely disagree with the op and his review. You had had bad points and to me, a review is meant to be about good things and bad, which your review doesn't do. No offence. And when you said there is nothing to do, and I think you are wrong about that too. There is a lot of things to do when you're not doing any of the missions or if you finished the story. Maybe use logic in your review so that can back up your thoughts.  

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

Before reading a thread.
I look at op's join date, if its a week or less I dont bother reading because its a troll 85% of the time!

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

This has got to be one of the most half-arsed 'reviews' I've ever read. I should've stopped reading at "Everytime I or Someone point out the facts about this game we get a bunch a fukin trolls who agree with me but pride wont show it... anyways", as you clearly can't accept that other people have a different opinion to yours.

Is the game perfect? Of course it isn't. Did the game live up to everyones expectations? Of course not. Please tell me another similar game that is better?

Graphix14
  • Graphix14

New York

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

This has got to be one of the most half-arsed 'reviews' I've ever read. I should've stopped reading at "Everytime I or Someone point out the facts about this game we get a bunch a fukin trolls who agree with me but pride wont show it... anyways", as you clearly can't accept that other people have a different opinion to yours.

Is the game perfect? Of course it isn't. Did the game live up to everyones expectations? Of course not. Please tell me another similar game that is better?

San Andreas, lmao. The only one that had the best features, in my opinion.

I will agree that 5 was way too hyped up but still a great game. Everyone got butthurt by OP.

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

I want to point out that technically the game wasn't in development in 2008. Considering that's when GTA IV came out they didn't just start a new one right off the back. But they probably were making ideas and making suggestions where GTAV Should be at. And as for the review I thinks it's a little harsh.

I think some people (not the person writing the review) just thought that GTA V was going to be super realistic and customize every single thing from houses to cars. I meant one guy even said for online he was going to be an assassin with flash bang grenades.

I cant remember where exactly i heard that but ive heard that, GTA 5 bin in dev.  since 2008... developing databases (written wise), 3d models (drawing them out) and other Ideas on how a "open world game " show come into play.

Simple, you're not forced to play it. Just watch the millions play it around you and enjoy the best game of all time.

why cant you just accept ppls opinion that isnt urs? He has some great points, but u are denying everything that goes against saying gta v is perfect game.

What ''great points'' does he have? He only seems to be complaining about the most minor things.

People like "starVistor" is why made a thread like this.

-Stated my opinion. He/she prolly agrees but "you dont have to play the game"

its people like these who make Rockstar feel like they did no wrong

theres always that other guy who wants to just run on.. MINOR things?? 

- This has to be the worst storyline of all GTA's so far (THIS ACTUALLY WASNT EVEN A STORY). The story in this game actually is just a bunch of friends who have issues with their friends from past events.

how can you even try to company this storyline to tommy or Cj own? even Vic Vance had a better story. Franklin didnt even have much of a story when you look at it, he's just the 3rd wheelman

- you call driving from point A to B a mission????? no wonder you complete your games in a day

- WTF is STEALTH and why is it in this game

-NO Human shield cover [i hate saints row but they have it]

-NO u cant rob banks whenever you want

-NO u cant rob shops whenever you want

-NO u cant rob any store you want

-call Michael/Trevor  for back-up??? i want to call Carson Ave Fam or Forum Drive Fams for help so NO gang recruitment (something that made GTASA ohhh but let me dont forget .... these are diff. universes.... a next fukkin lame ass excuse)

-all your friends (trevor/Micheal) ever wanna do is hang out. What ever happend to "the power of the almighty dollar"??? after the game is done, its done, no missions ... but a sh*t load of boring activities to do.

- I understand that the detail of the world is but this game is empty! Why cant you buy houses and appt in SP mode. Yet again i guess this is minor. U must of never played GTA SA

-they saved all the features, "700 missions" and all the best parts of the game to multiplayer. Sold us data so it would be able to run on our consoles as we make our "character" or should I say "wax-character" that we get to play as, WHILE THEIR SERVERS CONTINUE TO CRASH [IS THIS MINNOR?], made up a scrapy storyline in a year and they dish this garbage to us. Im not even bashing rockstar its just that your dont mislead and lie people. 

When people realize that Rockstar ripped us off... got alota money for half ass work, they did and as soon as people start accepting that Rockstar will get tha idea to not f*ck up on GTA 6

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

Imma start off by saying that this game was being developed from 2008 They say

for a game that has been in development that long, GTA has not lived up to what I expected 

Everytime I or Someone point out the facts about this game we get a bunch a fukin trolls who agree with me but pride wont show it... anyways

Ive been sayin since day 1, GTA5 was just BASICALLY data (maps,actions,image files,sounds etc.) but fanboys say otherwise, sayin shyt like the "missions was alright"," what other game is ther to play" 

stop fukkin defending Rockstar and their bull... this game is not a huge step up from gta 4, actually its a step down with better-sharper-lighting graphics and physics but some people so happy exploring the bottom of the ocean or up on da mountains dey not noticing that. THEY JUST TALK ABOUT MAP SIZE.

the world is a big empty world that you CANT interact with. This is "GTA 5" ??? I thought that there would be more interiors, and they would had stuff you can interact with

Features have been removed, (romance,weight,Food,Gangwars,Recruitment, buying houses)

--Theres literally nothing to do after you complete the SP mode

--ONLINE barley works.

Even online got boring. Played with some buddies (N) .... it sucks when you put in work for RP and cash and at the end you lose ur character cause the servers aint stable

I Pre-ordered this game, Paid for it in advance, Got so hype for it

and now i gotta say, GTA 5 is a failure. 

Rockstar misslead-robbed a lot ppl

Well each to their own, you didn't like it, there are millions and millions of people who did. If you look at it this way, it's still one of the best open world sandboxes on the market today, as in the quality it's got, it completely owns all recent open world games, in many ways. So it seems to me, that it's not the game that disappointed you, but your hype, since Rockstar wasn't giving much information at all, people just used their imagination too much, over hyped, and at the end they got a xbox360 and ps3 game, and not a x2, and ps5 game they were expecting. 

The points you make why this is a step down from IV are not quite legit. 

I don't who only goes on about "MAP SIZE", it's not the size, it's the detail and credibility of it, it looks amazing, the deserts, mountains, LS itself, everything looks amazing, the detail, it's not bull if people enjoy the map, they praise it, it's not like the map is irrelevant to the game, IT IS, so that's bull from your comment nr.1

No interactions? And you dare to say it step down from IV.. What about you can actually talk to pedestrians around, offend them, or just say hi, ow, what about hanging out with your pals in-game, or how you can own businesses, or play golf, tennis, and you CAN buy food. Funny if you look from other angle isn't it? That GTAIV you couldn't buy houses too, there were no gangwars, or weight, or any interaction with peds, except good ol'fashioned violence, no buyable businesses or garages, no car customization, pretty much no character customization, apart from few clothing options, a huge lack of side missions, SO HOW THE HELL IT'S A STEP DOWN, I tell you how, because your hype disappointed you, not the game. so that's bull from your comment nr.2

--Well if you've got nothing to do after completing story, then you had nothing to do in every GTA, because roaming around and doing random stuff, like causing havoc, or havoc on smallscale or making up some sort of stupid challenges, like jumping of the roof onto a prostitute or jumping in the pool from the chopper, these things are pretty much GTA's bread and butter, and you can find what to do you want to. So again, there is stuff to do if you want to. Use your imagination, that was a big part of all GTA's.

--Yes online is broken, but that was to be expected, also only a week past since it was launched, so how can you actually give a "review" yet? Or is just expressing your frustration of how hard to connect it is for you? Again Online boring? But does it have anything to do with progress loss? Because that has no connection over the quality of the content offered online.

From the title I expected something rather intelligent, I go in and see this bullsh*t.. You even got wrong some of the facts, and you opposed all logic, as to saying it's a step down from IV(specifically, to point out). You got so hyped for the game, which for most part you created in your mind, and when you got it, it didn't meet the insane expectations you put in it, whilst dreaming about GTAV. Ludicrous, and pathetic.

please point out how the fukk this game is a huge step up. u sould just like my cousin, blabin about how good the game is, now he could barley play online without losin his character. u shud re read to understand what i was saying, obs u didnt cause the same fanboy sh*t i said was gonna happen did in your post

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

I love how people play a game for 70-100 hours in 2 weeks and then come out and say this game sucks and theres nothing to do in it.

you must be talking bout other ppl on this forum.  I work and go to school so when I get home, kick back and relax i wanna have a quality "finished" game

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

If you don't like the game don't play it. You don't have to sook at as about it. I think the game is amazing and i have been playing all GTA's. GTA 5 is the best game i have ever played. Cant believe most people are such ungrateful idiots. If you don't like the game go play COD or some sh!t game like that.  

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

many reasons for this include facts like less piracy, more sales of dlcs, and in many cases microtransatcion.

I agree on the Piracy point. Everything else is for money

"GTA5 was just BASICALLY data (maps,actions,image files,sounds etc.) 

Rockstar misslead-robbed a lot ppl

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:09 PM Edited by pilscy, 07 October 2013 - 01:14 PM.

I also thought that L.A Noir would set a new precedent at R* when it comes to facial animation technology.... however watching the characters talk and express emotion it looks as wooden and stale as GTAIV, what happened to the full-facial scan capture tek?

Why would it be in GTA V when it was used in LA Noire to analyse facial expressions in interrogations? It took up a lot of space which is why the 360 version came on two discs.

It has no point in a game like GTA.

Because he have no idea what an achivement gt5 on current gen anyways, but no we need everything in, or its a f*cking gigantic letdown.....

WHAT f*ckKKKINNNNN ACHIEVEMENT???? THERES A BUNCH OF OTHER GAMES THAT HAVE FEATURES/ GRAPHICS/ PHYSICS THAT PS3 NOR 360 COULD HANDLE BUT THOSE GAMES ARE STILL RELEASED AND RAN ON THE SYSTEMS.

GOTTT DAMN MAN STOP DEFENDING COCKSTAR

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

I completely disagree with the op and his review. You had had bad points and to me, a review is meant to be about good things and bad, which your review doesn't do. No offence. And when you said there is nothing to do, and I think you are wrong about that too. There is a lot of things to do when you're not doing any of the missions or if you finished the story. Maybe use logic in your review so that can back up your thoughts.  

ok with all due respect sir, please state the new fun stuff to do in this game beside yoga, tennis, helpin out ur business, searching for a bunch of sh*t that you really dont wanna search for (scrap letters)..

Please explain what makes this game so good...

RDR

L.A.Noire

Midnight Club

All GTA's

other games etc..... Rockstar dev. way tooo much games to put out this garbage

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:41 PM Edited by iFight, 07 October 2013 - 02:00 PM.

Honest review?

"Features have been removed, (romance,weight,Food,Gangwars,Recruitment, buying houses)"

I stopped reading after that, apart food, recruitment. Housers said it already 1 and half year ago on gameinformer magazine there won't be romance and weight gaining/loss. Buying house? That's for Gta online unfortunately.

Before you open your mouth, search on google gameinformer magazine posted in 2012 and read it.

I'm disappointed a little too, I also complained but i didn't post a cry and lie topic.

• jamieleng likes this

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

Before reading a thread.
I look at op's join date, if its a week or less I dont bother reading because its a troll 85% of the time!

Yes! Let's judge a person bashing your favorite game by making him look like a small member just because he joined not too long ago!

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

I also thought that L.A Noir would set a new precedent at R* when it comes to facial animation technology.... however watching the characters talk and express emotion it looks as wooden and stale as GTAIV, what happened to the full-facial scan capture tek?

Oooh, shall we cram it then into PS3 and Xbox360, maybe throw in a whole state each city the size of IV's liberty, and hundreds of cubic miles of countryside like san andreas only bigger or Just Cause 2 except everything designed by hand, oh and let's place each individual human being with his own schedule and dialog like in Skyrim. and what about the soft body physics that are used BeamNG let's put that in too, and while we're at it, why not implement the cool stealth that Splinter Cell uses, and graphics like Battlefield 4. I mean come on, it's Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, what were you expecting? They are old and very limited machines, it's impressive as to what they managed to squeeze out of these. Will you find other open world game, that does everything that GTAV does and in such high quality? No, not that I'm aware of, it's a game that over the years have learned and combined, the amazing shooting mechanics, beautiful animations, responsive and interesting driving, big open and absolutely gorgeous world, incredible physics, talk about people and all sorts of variety tasks they are doing on the street, and all fitted within 8 year old hardware, it's amazing as it is, and people dare to moan about lack of interiors, and content :D haa! If V was developed for PS4 and X1, then we probably would've seen better crash physics, more interiors, more stuff to do, but that will be for VI. So if you find a game that does everything V does, and in such high quality, but better please tell me, I want to play that game.

Waingro
  • Waingro

He was reaching for a gun.

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:46 PM Edited by Waingro, 07 October 2013 - 02:47 PM.

An honest review of the honest review:

This gentleman, likely a child,  has severe difficulty grasping context, grammar, and spelling in general. 

Thank you.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:50 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 07 October 2013 - 02:51 PM.

This is a consensus amongst a lot of people. V is a miss, and a mess. R* lied like hell about a lot of stuff. Or they seem to like to let people believe lies. Had there been a demo of V, I would've only rented it. I bet money the next GTA will just be a rent for me until I see if it's worthy or not. Next time, most people will be able to comb through R*'s bullsh*t and see the lies. Zee was right. Now ain't that a bitch!! It's a 7.4 for me. They're lucky that I give it a score that high.

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

ok with all due respect sir, please state the new fun stuff to do in this game beside yoga, tennis, helpin out ur business, searching for a bunch of sh*t that you really dont wanna search for (scrap letters)..

Please explain what makes this game so good...

RDR

L.A.Noire

Midnight Club

All GTA's

other games etc..... Rockstar dev. way tooo much games to put out this garbage

What made other GTA's so good? Let's take SA, the most praised of them all, the most fun and played side activities, are gang wars, filght/boating/driving/motorcycle schools, maybe casino, well the casino gets boring very fast. Well that's about it, really, and I'm talking about the popular interesting activities not all bits and bobs. But it's not about created content that gives GTA's so much fun, it's about freedom and making your mind up on what you want to do, maybe you want to fly over all bridges, or land on a skyscraper, or parachute onto a driving car, trying to do tricks with super motorcycles, or bmx, climbing onto mount chilliad and jump off with a car or something like that, I mean that's the whole fun GTA, it always was, and all of this is still possible in V, you don't need to look for pre-made content, and then complain when you find out that it's not unlimited.

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

This is a consensus amongst a lot of people. V is a miss, and a mess. R* lied like hell about a lot of stuff. Or they seem to like to let people believe lies. Had there been a demo of V, I would've only rented it. I bet money the next GTA will just be a rent for me until I see if it's worthy or not. Next time, most people will be able to comb through R*'s bullsh*t and see the lies. Zee was right. Now ain't that a bitch!! It's a 7.4 for me. They're lucky that I give it a score that high.

What lies? They delivered on everything they said, and what previewers made out it to be Rockstar has not business there, as if Rockstar hear any sort of rumor on internet and go and deny them all, just because they care about your review, and how you're going to rent it the next time. Boohoo, to rockstar, who sold 16 million copies of their game. Please, though I'm not bashing your opinion, just the wrong facts, and assumptions. No game ever, that is made, to be made, will fulfill every gamers gaming needs.

barterlos
  • barterlos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

this is GTA V(SUPERB GAME OF ALL THE TIME)

accept mission, then, drive, drive, drive, drive, drive, stop, shot one guy, steal something, then, drive, drive, drive, drive, stop, exit the vehicle and MISSION COMPLETE!!!

and when im switching to Micheal or Franklin, im feeling sick, like i wanna puke or something....

Waingro
  • Waingro

He was reaching for a gun.

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:06 PM Edited by Waingro, 07 October 2013 - 04:07 PM.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

At the end of the day, there are always going to be people who are disappointed with a product. Usually, most of these people just realize that disappointment is a part of life and move on. Except HERE.

For some reason, people treat GTAV as something OTHER than a PRODUCT. They believe their civil rights have been violated, or that they have been sodomized. Whatever you feel about GTAV, even if you HATED it, it certainly meets it's $60 in entertainment value. Of course, there are those who STILL believe that Rockstar OWES them something more.

They were obviously expecting an out of body experience, or transcendence into heaven. Nothing will satisfy someone with extremely bloated expectations.

File a lawsuit, and see what happens.

The Governor
  • The Governor

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:22 PM Edited by The Governor, 07 October 2013 - 04:23 PM.

People who write these reviews weeks later are people who can't play the game because it's too complex.  If it's too hard, they get frustrated, and try to write a negative review that makes no sense what-so-ever.  GTA4 hardly has anything you listed, so there no way it can be a step down.  Secondly, there are plenty of interior's, every functioning place and missions have interior's you can go inside.  Or do you want everything to have interior's that do absolutely nothing?  Have you tried playing online recently?  Every gigantic game that has millions of people playing online has a rough spot getting everything in order on launch day. 

Anyways, I'm not one to respond to these types of posts, but I will say this is one of the best video games I have ever played.  I play it for hours on end almost every day since release and still have yet to complete the main story line with all the side missions and fun stuff you can do.  i.e. collecting and modding cars, weapons, causing ruckus in some random location, parachuting, driving, (cough) strip club "things" (cough), golf, tennis, darts, the list goes on.

GtaDudeV
  • GtaDudeV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:34 PM Edited by GtaDudeV, 07 October 2013 - 04:35 PM.

Features have been removed, (romance,weight,Food,Gangwars,Recruitment, buying houses)

Romance, weight and food. They are all the worst ideas ever put into a grand theft auto. Personally im glad the didnt put that sh*t into v.

Ur just nit picking here, little things that dont really matter seem to of clouded ur judgment of gta v.

This is not only the best gta ever release but also the best game ever created in the history of mankind by a long shot.

So your review is VOID, now move on

Andreas
  • Andreas

Leone Family Mafia

• GTA Series Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:36 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 07 October 2013 - 04:42 PM.

The technology you're talking about is called MotionScan, which was extremely expensive and extravagant to use. The game actually wasn't developed by Rockstar Games, they published LAN and helped a little in development, but the game was originally developed by Team Bondi, a company in Sydney in Australia. You can not use the kind of facial animations that were used in LAN in a game like GTAV; it is not needed and just a waste of ressources. Simply put, the high costs and the great effort are just not worth it. L.A. Noire was a detective game, the facial animations had to be as realistic as possible to ensure the best gaming experience; and of course, it was the only way to make the game how it was in the end. Just to clarify, Team Bondi used 32 cameras to capture facial expressions from all angles, which were about 300 terabytes worth of data.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

I am very happy with the game, I found it to be incredibly fun and well made. As for there not being much to do, I do not see how anyone can say that, we have sticky bombs, there is always something to do  :devil:

04SanAndreas04
  • 04SanAndreas04

GTA Legend

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

It's a little late for reviews...

I'm sorry but how the f*ck is it a little late for reviews?

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

It's a little late for reviews...

I'm sorry but how the f*ck is it a little late for reviews?

I don't get it either.

Maybe he doesn't know the difference between reviews and previews… kids these days…

Magnet_man16
  • Magnet_man16

C# Programmer

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

Simple, you're not forced to play it. Just watch the millions play it around you and enjoy the best game of all time.

I don't know who the f*ck you are but in every thread you're really pissing me and people off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users