Quantcast

» «
Photo

So After all the hype. Heres a honest review.

104 replies to this topic
AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Imma start off by saying that this game was being developed from 2008 They say

for a game that has been in development that long, GTA has not lived up to what I expected 

Everytime I or Someone point out the facts about this game we get a bunch a fukin trolls who agree with me but pride wont show it... anyways

Ive been sayin since day 1, GTA5 was just BASICALLY data (maps,actions,image files,sounds etc.) but fanboys say otherwise, sayin shyt like the "missions was alright"," what other game is ther to play" 

stop fukkin defending Rockstar and their bull... this game is not a huge step up from gta 4, actually its a step down with better-sharper-lighting graphics and physics but some people so happy exploring the bottom of the ocean or up on da mountains dey not noticing that. THEY JUST TALK ABOUT MAP SIZE.

the world is a big empty world that you CANT interact with. This is "GTA 5" ??? I thought that there would be more interiors, and they would had stuff you can interact with

Features have been removed, (romance,weight,Food,Gangwars,Recruitment, buying houses)

--Theres literally nothing to do after you complete the SP mode

--ONLINE barley works.

Even online got boring. Played with some buddies (N) .... it sucks when you put in work for RP and cash and at the end you lose ur character cause the servers aint stable

I Pre-ordered this game, Paid for it in advance, Got so hype for it

and now i gotta say, GTA 5 is a failure. 

Rockstar misslead-robbed a lot ppl

Well each to their own, you didn't like it, there are millions and millions of people who did. If you look at it this way, it's still one of the best open world sandboxes on the market today, as in the quality it's got, it completely owns all recent open world games, in many ways. So it seems to me, that it's not the game that disappointed you, but your hype, since Rockstar wasn't giving much information at all, people just used their imagination too much, over hyped, and at the end they got a xbox360 and ps3 game, and not a x2, and ps5 game they were expecting. 

The points you make why this is a step down from IV are not quite legit. 

I don't who only goes on about "MAP SIZE", it's not the size, it's the detail and credibility of it, it looks amazing, the deserts, mountains, LS itself, everything looks amazing, the detail, it's not bull if people enjoy the map, they praise it, it's not like the map is irrelevant to the game, IT IS, so that's bull from your comment nr.1

No interactions? And you dare to say it step down from IV.. What about you can actually talk to pedestrians around, offend them, or just say hi, ow, what about hanging out with your pals in-game, or how you can own businesses, or play golf, tennis, and you CAN buy food. Funny if you look from other angle isn't it? That GTAIV you couldn't buy houses too, there were no gangwars, or weight, or any interaction with peds, except good ol'fashioned violence, no buyable businesses or garages, no car customization, pretty much no character customization, apart from few clothing options, a huge lack of side missions, SO HOW THE HELL IT'S A STEP DOWN, I tell you how, because your hype disappointed you, not the game. so that's bull from your comment nr.2

--Well if you've got nothing to do after completing story, then you had nothing to do in every GTA, because roaming around and doing random stuff, like causing havoc, or havoc on smallscale or making up some sort of stupid challenges, like jumping of the roof onto a prostitute or jumping in the pool from the chopper, these things are pretty much GTA's bread and butter, and you can find what to do you want to. So again, there is stuff to do if you want to. Use your imagination, that was a big part of all GTA's.

--Yes online is broken, but that was to be expected, also only a week past since it was launched, so how can you actually give a "review" yet? Or is just expressing your frustration of how hard to connect it is for you? Again Online boring? But does it have anything to do with progress loss? Because that has no connection over the quality of the content offered online.

From the title I expected something rather intelligent, I go in and see this bullsh*t.. You even got wrong some of the facts, and you opposed all logic, as to saying it's a step down from IV(specifically, to point out). You got so hyped for the game, which for most part you created in your mind, and when you got it, it didn't meet the insane expectations you put in it, whilst dreaming about GTAV. Ludicrous, and pathetic.

• jamieleng and neuhier like this

XAIKON
  • XAIKON

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

I have to agree with OP. I really enjoyed the story, but found myself saying after each heist "well that was underwhelming, hope the next one is better and actually pays out" and before I knew it the game was over.

So much hype about the heists before release made me think it would be the main focus of the game... but so few missions and so little payout, with so few approach and crew options, made it just a story feature rather than anythng fun. Watching the preview clips before release had me thinking that I would be replaying heists many times using many approaches to find the ultimate tactics to maximize my take... but no... you have TWO approaches.... that means one replay and you never really want to do it again.

But seriously, I think ALMOST EVERYONE can agree R* totally let us all down with the following:

- THE COPS -

Ease of gaining a wanted level (Stare at someone or say Hi- chance of wanted level - you f*cking kidding? NO WITNESSES to your crimes = still get wanted...WTF?),

length of time wanted, even on one star, difficulty in losing police helicopters (F*cking frustrating!) Police shot accuracy just rediculous, 10 mins to get rid of a 4 star wanted level... if your lucky, magical spawning f*cking everywhere (Amazing you VERY RARELY see a cop car when your not wanted, yet 3563457063450893465489 show up the instant you get a wanted level)

Just these problems with the police ALONE make the game so much less enjoyable than it could have been, and from what I have been reading, the majority of gamers agree.

-LACK OF INTERIORS-  Seriously... go look at the GTAIV forums at how much focus gamers have put on interiors. How coould R* in there right minds decide not only to provide LESS interiors than the previous game.... and then go a step further and actually CLOSE OFF nearly every interior used in mission.

Yes there is a lot to look at..... and exactly that... look at... for 5 seconds before moving on to something else due to absolute lack of interaction.

This post is ending up too long, but throw in REMOVING vigilante missions, ambulance missions, dating, phone cheats, worse motorbike mechanics, the promise of "like a racing agme" driving mechanics, when all they did was change a few numerical values in the physics engine without actually overhaulong anything about it, just slight tweaking,

And the worst of all how easy it is to die and the $5000 price tag associated.

Does anyone actually see these as improvements?

I too OP, am incredibly dissapointed with this game... loved it for 30 hours until the story was done and thats it.

• pilscy likes this

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

This time with GTA V, I see players seem to lose interest, avoid talking about missions, avoid sharing every bit of location explored or an in-game item found ( like jetpack ) and don't even see any one sharing those interesting GTA SA/IV hidden locations/stunt jumps/side activities/best finishing time/etc.... like dealing with such a massive area of GTA SA or magnificent Citysearch of GTA 4 drained a lot of my energy and time into exciting and fun parts of playing the game but I don't feel like that when compared to GTA 5.

This should tell everything about where GTA V stands out from a players perspective.

• pilscy likes this

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

thats what usually happens when you overhype a game

it just doesnt live up to its hype

gta5 is a great game but it has its flaws.

kinda sad there were only 69 story missions oh well

neuhier
  • neuhier

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

This time with GTA V, I see players seem to lose interest, avoid talking about missions, avoid sharing every bit of location explored or an in-game item found ( like jetpack ) and don't even see any one sharing those interesting GTA SA/IV hidden locations/stunt jumps/side activities/best finishing time/etc.... like dealing with such a massive area of GTA SA or magnificent Citysearch of GTA 4 drained a lot of my energy and time into exciting and fun parts of playing the game but I don't feel like that when compared to GTA 5.

This should tell everything about where GTA V stands out from a players perspective.

Yes because the forum his full of little kids complaining and calling people fanboy on a Gtaforum, Wtf its a gta fan forum what do they expect.

If you interested in people sharing the findings and talking about the game then you have to visit http://www.reddit.co...randTheftAutoV/

This forum is a lost cause and thats a real shame.

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

I love how people play a game for 70-100 hours in 2 weeks and then come out and say this game sucks and theres nothing to do in it.
  • neuhier likes this

XAIKON
  • XAIKON

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

I played for 32.1 hours. Main missions and strangers and freaks. After that, who really wants to search for 50 spaceship parts and 50 letter scraps? Literally hours of pointless grinding, Did anyone find hunting pigeons fun in IV?

What about mindlessly hunting stunt jumps? NO? NO-ONE?

Well R* heard your concerns, and rectified the problem by throwing in 100 mindlessly grinding collectibles on top of the jaw-droppingly tedious nuclear waste barrels, edge of seat exciting knife flights (WOW!) finding submarine pieces, epsilons tracts, And with such tremendous rewards for doing so... such as a space car that does.... NOTHING!!! WOW!!  Also... you get to see some UFO's..... that do.....NOTHING!!!

Even the Assassins Creed games side-quests are more stimulating than any of the side stuff in GTA V, and thats saying something.

• pilscy likes this

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

Simply put at todays gaming market show me any open world game that dose what gta5 dose any better....

AC games are worse every year, and they are not truely open world games, truly open world games are a semi simulated world that works without your presence, not single AC game did that, there are open world shooters but the same problem apply, Elder scroll games used to be like that but now they are getting smaller and more simple each title.

open world superhero games are a joke in this regard, saints row is one of the worst when it comes to this.

And now comes the stupid watchdogs argument, "watchdogs will do everything right" oh yeah? how do you know? on paper AC1 was supposed to do everything better than gta, did it? thing is watchdogs is not out yet and ppl already crowning it over gta5 cause everyone got overhyped and was started making up bullsh*t in their head, GTA5 is one of the best open world games so far, sheer size variety and simulation alone, overall the best belivable and well paced open world game i have ever seen(since dagerfall :p) you can talk BS all you want like just cause 2 being much bigger it is and its 90% seeded randomgenerated copypaste all over) or how the last of us was better at storytelling(wich it better be since that was an interactive movie game, totally linear and barely interactive aside form the fully scripted way ahead) 

GTA5 is not the best game ever, cause there is no such thing, its MY favorite open world game, and if online starts working 100% it will be my fav over SA.

Fact is even if you rush like an idiot through the sotry its at least 30h, and there IS a lot to do after, but ppl who think their oppinion and taste is more valueable over others think its boooooring and nothing to do. Well I hae lot ot do, i have the game at 100% at 85h and now i am at 140h and guess what i only just ran out of new stuff to do, and now i can start messing about with the game(wich was always the best part of SA anyways)

I cant wait to see more of the game in dlcs and upon the pc release i will buy it again! 

You dont like the game? fine, voice your oppinion and move on.

You are but 1 person on a planet filled with over 7 BILLION ppl of wich some 20+milion brought the game and most of them loved it.

I have not had this much honest fun with a game for so long, in an industry full of scriptfest linear BS games this was a fun game.

defo worth the money for content alone.

And you say "gta onlie is barely working" how can that be part of an honest review? 

you are stupid, online will be fully funcional pretty soon, so how can you say that? pffft

• neuhier likes this

Ripper666_GER
  • Ripper666_GER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

Simple, you're not forced to play it. Just watch the millions play it around you and enjoy the best game of all time.

Come on, you know for yourself that this is total BS.

GTA 5 might be a good game, but yeah, from what was announced it does not live up to that hype in any way.

The story is way to short, there is nothing to do after the main game, the difficulty is to unbalanced (sometimes to easy, sometimes to hard, e.g. the cops) and it has nothing new to offer. After all it´s just a big disappointment.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

Golf

Tennis

Cinema

TV

Darts

Snapmatic

Customize cars

Collect space ship parts

Collect letter peices

Exploration

Fly under all the bridges

Do all stunt jumps

Get gold in all shooting range and flight school levels

Replay missions and attempt to get gold in them.

GTA Online appears to be working fine now.

Perhaps none of those things interest you but it's totally false to say there's nothing to do once you complete the story.  There's more to do in GTA V than in any previous GTA.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

--ONLINE barley works.

Well actually, online oat works. I don't think it barley works. It oat works, in my opinion.

Laveerre
  • Laveerre

You just lost the game

• BUSTED!
  • NATO

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:43 AM Edited by Laveerre, 07 October 2013 - 10:43 AM.

Golf

Tennis

Cinema

TV

Darts

Snapmatic

Customize cars

Collect space ship parts

Collect letter peices

Exploration

Do all stunt jumps

Perhaps none of those things interest you but it's totally false to say there's nothing to do once you complete the story.  There's more to do in GTA V than in any previous GTA.

filepicker-sUCZIgDHQTKreXrg0RxL_ain-t-no

• pilscy likes this

XAIKON
  • XAIKON

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

I also thought that L.A Noir would set a new precedent at R* when it comes to facial animation technology.... however watching the characters talk and express emotion it looks as wooden and stale as GTAIV, what happened to the full-facial scan capture tek?

-inVADER-
  • -inVADER-

Have you met my lovely wife, Laura? No! Well, ......

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Imma start off by saying that this game was being developed from 2008 They say

for a game that has been in development that long, GTA has not lived up to what I expected 

Everytime I or Someone point out the facts about this game we get a bunch a fukin trolls who agree with me but pride wont show it... anyways

Ive been sayin since day 1, GTA5 was just BASICALLY data (maps,actions,image files,sounds etc.) but fanboys say otherwise, sayin shyt like the "missions was alright"," what other game is ther to play" 

stop fukkin defending Rockstar and their bull... this game is not a huge step up from gta 4, actually its a step down with better-sharper-lighting graphics and physics but some people so happy exploring the bottom of the ocean or up on da mountains dey not noticing that. THEY JUST TALK ABOUT MAP SIZE.

the world is a big empty world that you CANT interact with. This is "GTA 5" ??? I thought that there would be more interiors, and they would had stuff you can interact with

Features have been removed, (romance,weight,Food,Gangwars,Recruitment, buying houses)

--ONLINE barley works.

Even online got boring. Played with some buddies (N) .... it sucks when you put in work for RP and cash and at the end you lose ur character cause the servers aint stable

I Pre-ordered this game, Paid for it in advance, Got so hype for it

and now i gotta say, GTA 5 is a failure. 

Rockstar misslead-robbed a lot ppl

You are so so right ,man ! :r*: :sui:

• pilscy likes this

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

Simple, you're not forced to play it. Just watch the millions play it around you and enjoy the best game of all time.

Come on, you know for yourself that this is total BS.

GTA 5 might be a good game, but yeah, from what was announced it does not live up to that hype in any way.

The story is way to short, there is nothing to do after the main game, the difficulty is to unbalanced (sometimes to easy, sometimes to hard, e.g. the cops) and it has nothing new to offer. After all it´s just a big disappointment.

facepalm, you start out saying a good game by the end of the sentence its a big dissapointment? lol i wont ven dignify the rest with an explanation, every idiot brings the same tired lines like " nothing to do after the game ends" "difficult cops" "not living up to the hype" 

If i remmeber correctly R* barely released any info about the game it was the gamers who specualted and hyped themselfs.... tahnks yourself and others for unrealistic retarded expectations.

Yiddo
  • Yiddo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Trading it in for £35 today.

Played it, got bored of it. 

• RyanM1995 and pilscy like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

I also thought that L.A Noir would set a new precedent at R* when it comes to facial animation technology.... however watching the characters talk and express emotion it looks as wooden and stale as GTAIV, what happened to the full-facial scan capture tek?

Why would it be in GTA V when it was used in LA Noire to analyse facial expressions in interrogations? It took up a lot of space which is why the 360 version came on three discs.

It has no point in a game like GTA.

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

Trading it in for £35 today.

Played it, got bored of it. 

Good for you:) hope you enjoy your next game better.

Slowthrill
  • Slowthrill

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

Played them from the beginning, as from gta
And this gta5 gave me that Same feeling again like the 14 yr old typing something in DOS with butterfly's in the stomac when the awesome intro music popped up..

That and the fact that 7 good friends who never liked the previous editions, also bought it after a visit to me at launch week proves it's the best of the series, heck, they (alk 7) day that literally. "A compilation of all the best from previous..."

Ah well opinions differ they say. Luckily im on the same ship like my friends :)
  • grayborders likes this

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

Why would it be in GTA V when it was used in LA Noire to analyse facial expressions in interrogations? It took up a lot of space which is why the 360 version came on two discs.

It has no point in a game like GTA.

Because he have no idea what an achivement gt5 on current gen anyways, but no we need everything in, or its a f*cking gigantic letdown.....

Tek9blaster
  • Tek9blaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

My only issue is that single player missed out for mp, more clothes, gun mods, safe houses, heists, sh*t even Gerald's missions, if they had had the same content for both then it would be fine, a lot if people here don't care about online

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

I can't believe how much people moan about GTA V on this site which is meant to be a fan site.

I must say, it has never been like this here before. We've had our gripes throughout all of the GTA releases but people are overall a lot more sh*tty about it this go around.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

I could of been so much better - atleast admit that, Rockstar defenders.
  • pilscy likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

I can't believe how much people moan about GTA V on this site which is meant to be a fan site.

I must say, it has never been like this here before. We've had our gripes throughout all of the GTA releases but people are overall a lot more sh*tty about it this go around.

Really? I thought it was worse when GTA IV released. I always felt like the only one who liked it haha.

I suppose there are a lot more people now. Most of the major complaining seems to be coming from newcomers who have joined in the last month.

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

My only issue is that single player missed out for mp, more clothes, gun mods, safe houses, heists, sh*t even Gerald's missions, if they had had the same content for both then it would be fine, a lot if people here don't care about online

I do agree with your points, but face it, times are changing, online gaming becomes more and more a leading part for the industry, many reasons for this include facts like less piracy, more sales of dlcs, and in many cases microtransatcion.

We all hate microtransactions right? ok than why is it there? cause it dose sell, if noone buys them it whould not be a rushing presence in online games, the reason its there in more and more places is that fact they sell, and they are extremely sot effective to program, ppl buy ingame cash and items, we might hate all we want but while it sells it will be present.

When you hate the new MP focus of devs blame eveyrone who spends money on it, and blame the big head man not the dev, when the comapny heads see how much money flows in from online games ofc they will focus on that.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

Really? I thought it was worse when GTA IV released. I always felt like the only one who liked it haha.

I suppose there are a lot more people now. Most of the major complaining seems to be coming from newcomers who have joined in the last month.

Hm, maybe I didn't pay close enough attention during the IV release. :monocle:

I really enjoyed IV and still do. I'm actually thinking about firing it up again for another go around and doing some achievement hunting this time.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

Golf

Tennis

Cinema

TV

Darts

Snapmatic

Customize cars

Collect space ship parts

Collect letter peices

Exploration

Do all stunt jumps

Just too bad there ain't no purpose in all of that. What do I earn from golf, tennis, cinema, TV, dart, snapmatic, collectibles, shooting range, mission replaying and... yoga? Do I draw any satisfaction from them? Do I earn anything interesting from them? Are they necessary to earn cool things?

The answer is no.

Red Dead Redemption had unlockable outfits that required a set of different not-so-simple tasks to do. It was satisfying to get them, since they were the only piece of clothing throughout the entire game. There were also ambient challenges that unlocked different interesting things for you. There were Fame and Honor bars, that affected NPCs opinion on your person and awarded you with variety of things. Not to mention horses that were difficult to get, but once you got them, you were happy. Also, Social Club challenges that could also occupy your time.

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:05 PM Edited by Jimmy Darmody, 07 October 2013 - 12:05 PM.

Great post, OP. Honestly i haven't touch GTA V for like a week now. I wanted to but i feel like i'm enprisioned because now that i finnished the game it became boring. First GTA that doesn't make me want to replay the story mode after finnishing.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

I could of been so much better - atleast admit that, Rockstar defenders.

it could if rockstar woudn't have focused so much on online... doesn't mean it's a bad game, no actually it's the best gta released until now and people need to deal with that (alhough my favorite is still SA at least until GTA:O is fixed)

And this review is utter crap you only say negative points about the game... a review is supossed to talk about bad stuff and good stuff ingame, instead you complain about people who praise the map and than say there's nothing to do (although you could do 100% in GTA IV in less than 50 hours and there's people in here who already spend over 100 hours on V) You are probably just another guy who thinks story mode = whole game, if that's the case than GTA is really not the game for you. People only got dissapointed because they overhyped themselfes... I was not overhyped, I was hyped by what I saw in the trailers and that's why I was not dissapointed. Besides it improved over it's predecessor so don't know what you could want more (and don't even start on me with that interior bullcrap, there's tons of interiors they are just blocked for some aparent reason)

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

It's a little late for reviews...

It's never late, not all people buy it or beat it at release date, you know?

Who is saying that he's forced to play it? He's making a review of the game. What a f*cking idiot.

Like i said, trolls. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users