Quantcast

» «
Photo

So After all the hype. Heres a honest review.

104 replies to this topic
pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:31 AM

Imma start off by saying that this game was being developed from 2008 They say

for a game that has been in development that long, GTA has not lived up to what I expected 

Everytime I or Someone point out the facts about this game we get a bunch a fukin trolls who agree with me but pride wont show it... anyways

Ive been sayin since day 1, GTA5 was just BASICALLY data (maps,actions,image files,sounds etc.) but fanboys say otherwise, sayin shyt like the "missions was alright"," what other game is ther to play" 

stop fukkin defending Rockstar and their bull... this game is not a huge step up from gta 4, actually its a step down with better-sharper-lighting graphics and physics but some people so happy exploring the bottom of the ocean or up on da mountains dey not noticing that. THEY JUST TALK ABOUT MAP SIZE.

the world is a big empty world that you CANT interact with. This is "GTA 5" ??? I thought that there would be more interiors, and they would had stuff you can interact with

Features have been removed, (romance,weight,Food,Gangwars,Recruitment, buying houses)

--Theres literally nothing to do after you complete the SP mode

--ONLINE barley works.

Even online got boring. Played with some buddies (N) .... it sucks when you put in work for RP and cash and at the end you lose ur character cause the servers aint stable

I Pre-ordered this game, Paid for it in advance, Got so hype for it

and now i gotta say, GTA 5 is a failure. 

Rockstar misslead-robbed a lot ppl

• Killerman29, IGhostUlt, -inVADER- and 5 others like this

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:39 AM

It's a little late for reviews...

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:40 AM

Simple, you're not forced to play it. Just watch the millions play it around you and enjoy the best game of all time.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:40 AM Edited by AlasClarin, 07 October 2013 - 02:41 AM.

It's never late, not all people buy it or beat it at release date, you know?

Simple, you're not forced to play it. Just watch the millions play it around you and enjoy the best game of all time.

Who is saying that he's forced to play it? He's making a review of the game. What a f*cking idiot.

• Zroovy, Peiva's Laahdin, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

IGhostUlt
  • IGhostUlt

LSLKS

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

why cant you just accept ppls opinion that isnt urs? He has some great points, but u are denying everything that goes against saying gta v is perfect game.

• theGTAking101, AlasClarin and pilscy like this

madicea13
  • madicea13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:46 AM

why cant you just accept ppls opinion that isnt urs? He has some great points, but u are denying everything that goes against saying gta v is perfect game.

Look under his/her name: #1 GTA Fanboy / Loyal R* Soldier

pitan666
  • pitan666

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:31 AM

idiot

the_kid311
  • the_kid311

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:35 AM

actually its a little early...,

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

You should stop saying that. I am not trying to be rude, but you are going around trying to force your opinion on everyone. In another thread you were outright calling everyone who did not like V trolls. That is just your opinion. Stop saying its "Best game ever", because that makes it sound like you are insisting its a fact. 

• pilscy likes this

baskerwil
  • baskerwil

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

"Features have been removed, (romance,weight,Food,Gangwars,Recruitment, buying houses)"

Only two of these were in IV, so they've hardly removed them from the last game. And you can buy properties, they're just not safe houses.

I'm sorry you're not enjoying your game though.

• pilscy likes this

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Yeah, we happy

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:01 AM

I'm not really sure how anyone can say it's empty. If that's the case every GTA before is on a similar level. Yeah there's a lack of interiors, but it's made up for in other ways like having random events and such to make the game world feel more "alive".

On my first save I felt like I rushed it, but on this new save I'm currently playing I've been slowing down and are now noticing things I overlooked the first time and it's making it more enjoyable.

GTA V has its shortcomings and things I don't like, but it's an awesome game with more positives than negatives IMO.

I think that's the honest truth. Some people seem to go to the extreme and bash the game completely or blindly ignore its faults. It's a great game, but flawed. However I don't consider it a disappointment.
  • TakinThyBacon, Buford T Justice, RowanSane and 1 other like this

Jake1398
  • Jake1398

SkullFire Leader

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:08 AM Edited by Jake1398, 07 October 2013 - 04:09 AM.

I want to point out that technically the game wasn't in development in 2008. Considering that's when GTA IV came out they didn't just start a new one right off the back. But they probably were making ideas and making suggestions where GTAV Should be at. And as for the review I thinks it's a little harsh.

I think some people (not the person writing the review) just thought that GTA V was going to be super realistic and customize every single thing from houses to cars. I meant one guy even said for online he was going to be an assassin with flash bang grenades.

pitan666
  • pitan666

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

just don't play it if you don't like it. f*cking retards

alb-mac
  • alb-mac

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

thx for the opinion, i don't agree

get over it

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:29 AM Edited by Vorpax, 07 October 2013 - 04:31 AM.

I'm not really sure how anyone can say it's empty. If that's the case every GTA before is on a similar level. Yeah there's a lack of interiors, but it's made up for in other ways like having random events and such to make the game world feel more "alive".

On my first save I felt like I rushed it, but on this new save I'm currently playing I've been slowing down and are now noticing things I overlooked the first time and it's making it more enjoyable.

GTA V has its shortcomings and things I don't like, but it's an awesome game with more positives than negatives IMO.

I think that's the honest truth. Some people seem to go to the extreme and bash the game completely or blindly ignore its faults. It's a great game, but flawed. However I don't consider it a disappointment.

Problem is that the way R* hyped GTAV it was meant to be the BEST GTA game! I understand that most developers say the same thing about each sequel, that they develop in order to increase hype and help sales, but lying like that wasn't always R*'s style and people simply shocked it turned out that such a huge hype about the game turned out nothing more, than a way to make more money! I gave them a benefit of doubt, when they released GTAIV and cut a lot of content and that game turned out to be quite boring when you're just about to mess around free-roam/exploring the city/interact kind of mood! But then i said to myself - "okay thats just this! thats just ONE game, that they screwed and they will likely learn from their mistakes in the future..." I forgot and moved on, then they released RDR, which i couldn't and still cannot get into, no matter how good it is, because i generally dislike anything wild west related (even some of the greatest movies of that theme!...), seriously i tried, but i just can't get into it, however despite everything i still able to see that in RDR they made up for their mistakes, learning from GTAIV failures! And i was pretty convinced that in case with GTAV they won't go the same route as with GTAIV, but they'd rather improve the game, based on the success of RDR, but boy i was wrong! Now GTAV is released and the scale of the hype was beyond omega level and then when the game releases (no not when the game releases, but when first leaked footage started to show up on various sources...) it all suddenly vanishes in no time! All the hype, hopes and expectations of this game! R* single-handedly destroyed and crushed everything i was hoping GTAV would be in a matter of minutes! ...Believe me i had realistic expectations of GTAV and when R* said it will be the greatest GTA ever and hyped the game to no extent i didn't expect they will be able to surpass fun level of San Andreas, but the way they made it sound and different sources confirming more and more juicy stuff, while completely disregarding all the down sides, that this game is going to have (and now has!...) i began to convince myself, that they might end up not lying after all, since i believed back then, that its very hard and idiotic to make that all up just for the sake of sales!...But they did! They did and they left me heart-broken (AGAIN!...), it was the case with GTAIV and its now the case with GTAV...And now with the current mindset and with sooo much disappointed i completely lost all of my trust towards R* and it will take them tons of work to change that, actually to be honest i can't see it happening, so they better not bother! I will find someone else, whom i will trust my money, someone such as Ubisoft, at least for NOW! And when R* releases, IF R* releases GTAVI and it will be at least twice as content-rich and interactive as San Andreas, then i will start trusting R* again and will pay them my money, until then well...i've got myself new favorite it seems! Too bad R* too bad...

casper13
  • casper13

Cas

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

Nice review..... Dude.

• pilscy likes this

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

The OP, just another raging teenager who doesn't realize that this game is current gen. For current gen, this game is amazing. I think people (like the OP) was expecting something "next-gen-ish" (PS4, Xbox1).... we have to remember what gen this game is for.  

Also, how can the OP say that this is a step down from GTA IV.... ANYTHING is a step up from GTA IV. Such a boring, bland, nothing to do video game. Oh yes.... bowling with Roman is so much better than flying around a fighter jet. 

• swagbucks likes this

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

What ''great points'' does he have? He only seems to be complaining about the most minor things.

• baskerwil likes this

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:21 AM

i agree the game has ALOT more positives than negatives

but this game formula game concept is my absoluyt favorite when it comes to games so i want it to be perfect there are things lacking in gta v to make it perfect

for example the map does not feel that diverse it feels like it has tiny sections of the map so it feels false tiny forest area and the rest desert i would have perfered an entire new the same size next to the current one with one more city

car customization is lacking too in my opinion many things i wanted are not there

i wanted to lift any truck i wanted turns out only lifted trucks in the game are lifted by default i thought those big trucks were normal customized one

i also wanted to be able to lift any vehicle i wanted and put big offroad tires on it would look weird on a sports car but it would be fun

i also wanted nitro and hydraulics and a whole lot more lowriders impala based ones lowriders are extremely lacking in this game

theres not much to makie it perfect in my eyes

• QuietSundayLibrary likes this

killuminaughtydog
  • killuminaughtydog

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

Man, this game is great. I really can't see the flaws because the positives are in the way. Plus the flaws leave my head when I realize this game is current gen. I will say that I thought this game was going to be some other crazy ass sh*t, like gta iv on steroids, but it's just a greater game than gta iv. I wanna say we were all a lot younger when the old gtas came out so now that our imaginations have simmered down, we expect this game to be a filler. Imagine kids playing this now. They probably feeling the way we felt with San Andreas

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

Cannot wound people other then NOOSE it seems, cops too powerful, military is god powerful, car brake upgrades seem pointless, CANNOT BUY A DAMN HOTDOG, cannot explorer certain interiors unless mission related, not enough freedom in heist or option, cannot mod vans... And other vehicles. I WANT A MODDED OUT COP CAR!

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

GTA V is a 'missed opportunity' rather step down since it improves on many annoyances that never got serious attention from the developers in the past GTAs, no doubt the spirit of overall GTA and that lack of many important things taken out as a sacrifice towards the next big leap makes no sense to me.

GTAO brings nothing much than short-term play sessions that are fun at a cost, finding better crews, always connected to internet with added loading times if the server melts down plus many other shortcomings could come up with more and more players join in the next 3-4 years.

The biggest gripe is about no clear indication about the fate of single player. Whether Rockstar is pushing GTAO in the priority list or keeping standalone GTA to what it is now with limited content and a satisfactory 40-50 hours of fun compared to huge amount of activities offered in past GTAs with no need to connect to the internet

I am not a person playing games online since It makes a big difference how deeply seated may be the trouble, how jumbled the crews or other players online react to my actions, how muddled the entire mess of servers and increasing number of players impact overall time of game-play, and lastly how great the freedom and smooth uninterrupted session could last when the game reaches in the hands of PC Players.

A late realization of all these factors in future will dissolve the GTA popularity and result into waste of so many years.

• GTAspotter and Rendy Specter(Riandy) like this

cherryslushie
  • cherryslushie

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

Best game of all time? It is a good game, but it probably isn't even in the top 10 games to date. And "all time" includes future, and no way will this game beat future games especially if they make a better GTA lol.

• Rendy Specter(Riandy) likes this

cherryslushie
  • cherryslushie

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

Because "gamers" are some of the most opinionated people who are too stubborn to change their point of view. 

• Rendy Specter(Riandy) likes this

Oso Flocka Flame
  • Oso Flocka Flame

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

GTA FORUMS USER'S LOGIC:

IF YOU LIKE THE GAME: YOU ARE A DICKRIDER

IF YOU DON'T: EVIL HATER

• RowanSane likes this

Paddyposh
  • Paddyposh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

It's a very good and enjoyable game however does have lots of faults. The expectations were not met, by a lot of people.

I really like it (Sp). Online is still too buggy but initial reaction is a bit meh. Last night I couldn't join a friends game so it spawned me back in mine falling from the sky.

Most of the missions so far are just repeats but maybe I ain't far enough.

PiggsyV
  • PiggsyV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

the game was OVERHYPED and i stopped playing it and moved on to other games 

that SV is annoying someone should backhand him right on the cheek

nigga be crying like a bitch HAHA! lame ass fool but other than ''THAT" the game puts me to sleep 

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:52 AM Edited by Nameless Foot Soldier, 07 October 2013 - 08:52 AM.

You're a tasteless fool dude, sorry to be so up front but you seem to not understand the product Rockstar were trying to sell you. You prudent, uncultured, technical fool. Of course it's a fantastic game, Rockstar promised a quality game and they damn well provided, eve if you have different opinions on what you want, it's still a quality game. Amazing story, well made missions of verity like most of you wanted, damn fine soundtrack, improved physics in driving, shooting and all around animation. A highly cultured environment and a story to last ages just like GTA IV. 

• swagbucks likes this

orangensaft
  • orangensaft

ORANGE

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

overhyped

RyanM1995
  • RyanM1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

I can't believe how much people moan about GTA V on this site which is meant to be a fan site. Some people's expectations were just way too high. Don't get me wrong it's an amazing and already one of my favourite games but Rockstar couldn't add every single little thing. Why? Because even though V has tons of content Rockstar still has plans for future GTA's, 45 years worth. Little things like burger shot not appearing in the game are just silly things to criticise an amazing game that Rockstar have put a lot of effort into.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users