» «
Photo

They should have just made 1 quality game

31 replies to this topic
LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:10 AM Edited by LotusRIP, 07 October 2013 - 02:11 AM.

They really f*cked up big time.

They should have just stuck to make a top quality single player GTA game. None of this online bullsh*t. Whatever happened to the days of games that came on cartridges where it was make or break - if the game was buggy or glitchy on release that's just how it is forever. These days it's too easy for developers like R* to just pump out a glitched and buggy game and hope they'll be able to fix it later on, with patches.

They could have made GTA Online a seperate standalone game later on or something... they should not have mixed the two although let's face it GTA Online is basically GTA V multiplayer (I mean, you can't play ANY other game with GTA: it so that's all it is)

I love the game but it is basically GTA 4.5... the online is basically GTA 4 multiplayer but with a free-roaming lobby and more shiny menus.

$1 billion dollars says nothing about how good the game is, just how popular the franchise is as a whole. Many people blindly bought the game knowing nothing about it except for it's label/reputation. sh*tty bands like One Direction make lots of money too...

GTA Online is up and down like a f*cking yo-yo, and when it finally works, it's just Loading Loading Loading Loading... deathmatch for 5 mins.... Loading Loading Loading Loading.... repeat

• saintsrow and GTAfan4life12 like this

steve bambar
  • steve bambar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:15 AM

f*ck u rockcockstar

eNARV
  • eNARV

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

1. You're mad
2. You're an idiot
3. They both ARE seperate wtf are you talking about
4. You're still mad
5. Get off Gaystation 3
6. Its not gta 4.5 because gta 4 is the most boring bland ugly most dull gta game ever.
7. Go outside
8. Get a job.
9. Move on
10. You're really mad now.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

1. You're mad
2. You're an idiot
4. You're still mad
5. Get off Gaystation 3
6. Its not gta 4.5 because gta 4 is the most boring bland ugly most dull gta game ever.
7. Go outside
8. Get a job.
9. Move on

1. Yes I am

2. For buying this game, maybe

3. They are not seperate games... You can't play GTA Online without GTA V. GTA Online is all on GTA V's disc apart from the 39mb update to enable it.

4. Yes

5. Playstation is superior to Xbox... you should know that... even the next-gen already knows that

6. No it's not Liberty City, but it's still just GTA 4.5... feels like the same game with some minor visual improvements and bigger map.

7. Who says I'm not outside right now?

8. I have a full time job

9. You're gay

10. Whatever.

madicea13
  • madicea13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

Online was actually really fun for the 4 hours I got to play it (albeit I was stoned). Hopefully a month from now a lot of things it will be much smoother than it is (fingers crossed). I also love playing singleplayer even after the story, and I feel like a minority here but yeah I think singleplayer is still a lot of fun... Back in the old GTA days when there was no online you had to play singleplayer and when you beat the story you had to use your imagination and do whatever you wanted in free roam. 

I'm just bothered by the more focus and attention the players and R* are putting into GTA Online. I do miss the singleplayer gaming days, when people found GTA sandbox gaming fun... Now it's "I WANT TO PLAY ONLINE!!!! SINGLEPLAYER SUCKS!" If these are GTA fans and played GTA 4 how the f*ck did they have fun outside of multiplayer, or any singleplayer GTA previous? GTA 4 singleplayer was like a prototype and there wasn't a lot to do when you completed the story. Now with GTA 5 there is SO much more to do when you complete the story but somehow it is "boring compared to previous GTA's". I just don't get it.

Great thread by the way, your second paragraph is exactly what I've been thinking.

ShotGunRain
  • ShotGunRain

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

I think they worked on this game for 3 years max i mean go to the beach area and look at the floating stuff on the ground. Singleplayer was alright nothing revolutionary disappointed by only few heists and the final mission was wtf worst ending ever. I really wanted only just one character and maybe smaller map, but lots of interiors and better graphics. Graphics are little better than GTA IV graphics. Driving sucked seriously i rather have boaty driving than stupid arcady driving. Now online oh gosh seriously GTA IV online was much better than GTA V online i can't disable police even in private match no jumbo jets online i mean cmon man. 

DatDudeDB
  • DatDudeDB

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:37 AM

I think they worked on this game for 3 years max i mean go to the beach area and look at the floating stuff on the ground. Singleplayer was alright nothing revolutionary disappointed by only few heists and the final mission was wtf worst ending ever. I really wanted only just one character and maybe smaller map, but lots of interiors and better graphics. Graphics are little better than GTA IV graphics. Driving sucked seriously i rather have boaty driving than stupid arcady driving. Now online oh gosh seriously GTA IV online was much better than GTA V online i can't disable police even in private match no jumbo jets online i mean cmon man. 

wtf are you talking about there are jumbo jets you just have to rank up

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:38 AM

Honestly I agree. I never thought I'd see the day when GTA catered towards online
  • GTAfan4life12 likes this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:40 AM

Online's fun, playing by yourself gets boring after a while. I'm having a blast with my friends.

Eagleheart
  • Eagleheart

U.S. Monsanto

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

Online was very frustrating the first few days but when it works properly... let's just say my time spent playing MP will far surpass SP at some point. The online features of GTA 5 is nothing like 4 (unless you're stuck in a glitched lobby) it's better in almost every way. It sounds like you're just experiencing server errors (like all of us) and it's ruining your experience. Once online works properly you''l be glad it's there, the servers will get better once new consoles and games like COD launch in November to absorb some of the population.

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:55 AM

StarVisitor is the new deformed-opposite of Zee, holy f*ck
  • saintsrow and Boozexlightyearxx like this

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

I haven't seen so much idiocy in a single post in... hours.

TabooV2
  • TabooV2

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:34 AM Edited by TabooV2, 07 October 2013 - 03:37 AM.

I've been a member of these forums for around a month or so and I've noticed it's pretty much the same people constantly making threads and complaining about the game. If the game bothers you that much, why don't ya contact rockstar instead of constantly posting it on here **shrugs**

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:35 AM Edited by zzcool, 07 October 2013 - 03:36 AM.

zee was somewhat special s v is just a nobody that wants to provoke

as for this thread

yes i hate online so many things could have been done on sp if it wasn't for that cursed online

• -inVADER- likes this

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

I finally got my hands on gta online today after 5 days of being out of town. I will say that I am not a big fan of the whole introduction thing they made. The fact that i gotta do it again on my ps3 (i played xbox today) makes me not wanna start it on ps3.

I did only sleep for about 4 hours last night and drove 11 hours today (600 miles) my patience is kinda short so maybe thats why the intro bugged me. I managed to play a few death matches and robbed some stores. There is a sh*t load of potential in GTA online. I honestly think that the players will hurt the game more then the game itself. IE trolls and people sending you requests every 5 seconds ( was getting alot of requests!!!)...

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Only drives V8s.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

I have no problem with GTA Online, but I do feel Single player was left behind. It just seems Rockstar was more interested in multiplayer, look at all the stuff that was cut from SP and put in online. I'm okay with gta multiplayer, but don't put it over classic single player.

• Vorpax likes this

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

Oh permanent gamebreaking glitches. Those were the days.

-inVADER-
  • -inVADER-

Have you met my lovely wife, Laura? No! Well, unfortunatel

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:23 AM

1. You're mad
2. You're an idiot
4. You're still mad
5. Get off Gaystation 3
7. Go outside
8. Get a job.
9. Move on

You are a MORON. Yes you are!?!

fish61324
  • fish61324

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

1. You're mad
2. You're an idiot
4. You're still mad
5. Get off Gaystation 3
7. Go outside
8. Get a job.
9. Move on

You are a douche Bag.... that is all

GTAfan4life12
  • GTAfan4life12

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

I wish the focus was on single player and not online. Online gets pretty boring and missions are not interesting. Deathmatch is just boring with auto aim. Racing is a little fun but you need to watch out for clans(or whatever name for them is) because sally cheat to help teammates by blocking road for non-clan members.

I wish the single player missions were longer with more heists. Seems pointless to have to pick a crew and them leveling up as you really don't use those crew mates again.

pitan666
  • pitan666

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:54 AM

I wish the focus was on single player and not online. Online gets pretty boring and missions are not interesting. Deathmatch is just boring with auto aim. Racing is a little fun but you need to watch out for clans(or whatever name for them is) because sally cheat to help teammates by blocking road for non-clan members.

I wish the single player missions were longer with more heists. Seems pointless to have to pick a crew and them leveling up as you really don't use those crew mates again.

You don't have to use auto aim you know.

And crew members helping each other isn't cheating, its called strategy you wanker.

nurise
  • nurise

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

I like how when people talk about the past, they only looked back at what they want to see and not the pros and cons. Stop blaming the use of new technology and rationalizng why the game didnt come out in a way that satisfied you. they had five years to make this game, 5 years to put whatever they needed to. So that goes to show online didnt effect sh*t. About that past remark, did you forget how nonchalant some(not all but a lot) were back then with the hit and miss? Since they couldnt patch any thing and be held responsible a lot of those people back then would shell out f*cked up games barely testing them thoroughly and why would it matter, they had your money anyway, sure as hell wasn't gonna fixed people's individual cartridges. Tired of hearing back then and hope for the best sh*t cause their attitudes havent changed all that much only difference now is that they can fix their f*ck ups.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:29 AM

GTAO has a slow start, but after you get into it a bit with some pals it really isn't that bad. Of course there is still much room for improvement and GTA V SP was left being pushed aside like a couples least favorite child, but it could be much worse. I think that you should try to get a bit further into GTAO and judge it after you get to about lvl 12-15. That for me, at least, was when things actually started to pick up. It feels a bit like an engine starting up after it was left sitting for a few years. At first it won't budge, but after you keep trying it will eventually kick back into life and run like a beauty. Of course you can always use the cheaters spray ( money cards ) but although you get everything you want you won't appreciate it because you didn't take the time and put in the work to earn it. 

Rerxelend
  • Rerxelend

Hater Player

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

And crew members helping each other isn't cheating, its called strategy you wanker.

What the f*ck are you on about? That's like saying it's ok if two clan members in CoD are playing a free-for-all match and boosting off each other for killstreaks. There is no team "strategy" in a Race.

wannaslide
  • wannaslide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

If they block the roads to help their mates win, then it is cheating you WANKER!!! Not strategy.

Xbox1988
  • Xbox1988

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

It's a good value for 60$

I can't complain

Expectations were way too high

trevdaperv
  • trevdaperv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

I'm playing online without issues since the latest patch....

eNARV
  • eNARV

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

1. You're mad
2. You're an idiot
4. You're still mad
5. Get off Gaystation 3
7. Go outside
8. Get a job.
9. Move on

You are a douche Bag.... that is all

Awwhh defending your boyfriend I see? Too cute.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

The Killer Hills Killer

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

At least the online update didn't completely bork the single player storyline and leave tons of people unable to progress any farther!

...Oh wait...

:sarcasm:

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:24 AM Edited by saintsrow, 07 October 2013 - 08:34 AM.

You hit it on the head.  He is Zee from the Bizzaro world bored.gif Only one tune, and he plays it in every thread.

EDIT:  But I agree with zzcool above, Zee was truly special and it's a shame he can't be here to remind of of the things he said so long ago. 

EDIT:  PS:  I am glad to see some of the long-time, substantial forum contributors in this thread, having the courage to tell it like it is.  Given 5 years and hundreds of millions in development, and especially given all the experience and creativity that Rockstar has shown as they evolved the GTA series, it seems like the only part that kept improving in the HD era is the artistic design.  Instead of the GTA simulator world becoming more rich and versatile in these last several years, it has taken a turn toward being "just a game" -- more like a collection of discrete designed and scripted activities, and less like an open-ended sandbox.  :angry:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users