Quantcast

» «
Photo

When is character deletion getting fixed?

30 replies to this topic
Chase3411
  • Chase3411

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

I was wondering if this is ever going to be fixed? If your character has been deleted what were you doing when it got deleted?

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

I was asleep when it happened...

TjCase85
  • TjCase85

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

I hope soon. Im only going to start over ONCE. Im going to sit this out until fixed.

• sOFrOsTy likes this

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

Still no official word? God damn, I've avoided it all day.

TjCase85
  • TjCase85

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

Yeah I did too, Ive been watching Football all day. Tomorrow im going to work like 12 hours anyways so I wont have much time.

Chase3411
  • Chase3411

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:19 AM

f*ck I want to play tonight but I don't want to risk it

Coop121
  • Coop121

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

http://support.rocks...y-in-GTA-Online

They have a site where they are trying to keep people up to date on what they're doing. They update it like at least once a day.

On the character deletion topic their last update was

"Updated 10/6/13: We are continuing to investigate the causes of the lost progress and what can be done to minimize the impact until a permanent fix is in place.  Also, we have not forgotten about the requests for restoration.  We are in the process of determining the options for addressing the issues for those players who have been affected.  Please stay tuned for further updates here."

They plan to at least refund players if not restore their characters. It's annoying as hell that this happened but at least they are gonna give us something back.

• Skizmosis likes this

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

http://support.rocks...y-in-GTA-Online

They have a site where they are trying to keep people up to date on what they're doing. They update it like at least once a day.

On the character deletion topic their last update was

"Updated 10/6/13: We are continuing to investigate the causes of the lost progress and what can be done to minimize the impact until a permanent fix is in place.  Also, we have not forgotten about the requests for restoration.  We are in the process of determining the options for addressing the issues for those players who have been affected.  Please stay tuned for further updates here."

They plan to at least refund players if not restore their characters. It's annoying as hell that this happened but at least they are gonna give us something back.

Source on the "refund players"?

Coop121
  • Coop121

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

The link I provided ^^^^^

In the first paragraph it says "....nd correct the causes for these losses, as well as to establish how best to restore any lost progress and value"

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

promising post from them, just hope it's not bullsh*t

Ecstasyisfun
  • Ecstasyisfun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

i dont know whether to risk playing or not..... last night i maxed strength after 2 1/2 hrs of golf and saved it so carefully, logged back on to check it had saved and low and behold i was back to the point i was at before the golf, so played it again back to max strength and did a lot of sh*t and changed session a few times before saving again, i'm too nervous to look and see if that saved still

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:52 AM

Check the social club, that will tell you

Ecstasyisfun
  • Ecstasyisfun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

Check the social club, that will tell you

is it bad i'm paranoid enough to not even want to do that for fear of alerting the cloud to the presence of a character it hasn't yet devoured?

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

Nah that can't happen! lol, if it's on the social club it's safe. :D

the social club is just relaying what is stored on the cloud, and mine is safe on there and has been for 36 hours with regular check ups.

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:13 AM Edited by Omnicr0n, 07 October 2013 - 04:13 AM.

It'll be any day now, in fact, I think they..*DELETED*

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:14 AM Edited by Omnicr0n, 07 October 2013 - 04:15 AM.

the social club is just relaying what is stored on the cloud, and mine is safe on there and has been for 36 hours with regular check ups.

Boy, you are really gonna be crushed, haha. You sound so desperate to believe, lol! Like you can will your character not to be deleted :lol:

GTA_Girl84
  • GTA_Girl84

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

So I take it if it's not on the social club my girl is gone? Even thou I have x amount of $ in the bank still? Ahhh man

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

They'll probably give double xp for a week or some bullsh*t.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:19 AM

Well my character was deleted but showed up in social club, until 5 mins ago, now he is gone from there as well....

Drummin
  • Drummin

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:20 AM

I drove out of a mod shop, game froze, everything gone.

bhoy59
  • bhoy59

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:20 AM

Mines has went as well. House , car the lot. Don't know if I can bring myself to play it again. That tutorial gives me nightmares.

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

I recieved an email talking about a Title update,  but I think it was late, I think the Update happened earlier today.  because As far as I know nothing is fixed , and no update was even available

they also spoke about - Please note that our Technical Support Representatives do not have further information at this time about lost data for individual accounts, and are not currently able to restore progress. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, and recommend subscribing to the article for all updates about restoration.

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Stayed off it for 2 days. Won't be trying it again until I know it's sorted.

f*ck starting over and over. Had 1 deleted that's enough for me. Got a life to lead but will be wanting a game during the week. No other game interests me since V so it's my only fix.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

I was asleep when it happened...

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:23 AM

When the sun goes supernova and wipes out all life on earth

Skizmosis
  • Skizmosis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:24 AM

Does anyone know if creating a character on the second slot will effect a restoration? Was told just don't do it over the #1 slot. My social stats were still listed this morning but last time I checked was wiped clean besides my accumulated money

Darkness Muta
  • Darkness Muta

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

I have lost 3 characters so far with the highest being a level 35 earlier today, then a level 9 a few hours ago.  Luckily I have not lost much money, I think about 400k due to losing that lvl 35 but most of the money I had banked is still there.  If I lose all my banked money as well, I will be done with the online for good as this is just a little too ridiculous as Rock$tar now tell you do not use the retry option when the cloud server is down, then why did they add that button option in the first place.  They really need a newswire feed at the bottom of the screen with warnings since they don't seem to update the ingame newswire to let you know of problems.  It really irks me too that they are quick to try and remove cash making methods that people were using since that will take away from sales of the micro transaction money cards yet it's cool to take their time when people are losing all their hard work with characters getting pulled into the abyss of nothingness. 

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

Boy, you are really gonna be crushed, haha. You sound so desperate to believe, lol! Like you can will your character not to be deleted :lol:

But if it's on the social club it's still there! As long as I never log in until it's patched? :O

It's been working fine but I don't want to risk it anymore! So yes I am willing her survival.

GarX
  • GarX

Duke

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:39 AM

When Obama says so

Ecstasyisfun
  • Ecstasyisfun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

But if it's on the social club it's still there! As long as I never log in until it's patched? :O

It's been working fine but I don't want to risk it anymore! So yes I am willing her survival.

this is basically what im doing, if i lose my character that's it for this game forever so i might aswell be patient (as hard as it is)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users