Photo

Grand Theft Auto is not an American game series

27 replies to this topic
James-Earl-Cash
  • James-Earl-Cash

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

I'm tired of Americans claiming it's an America game, Rockstar Games didn't even exist until 1998 and the first Grand Theft Auto came out in 1997 by British game designer DMA Design (now Rockstar North), Grand Theft Auto games were my with British designers and developers with the exception of Grand Theft Auto IV having help from Canada with Rockstar Toronto, Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City receiving help from Austria with Rockstar Vienna and Grand Theft Auto Advanced being the sh*ttest and also the American Grand Theft Auto game.

(here's a link for you Americans to do some research)

http://en.wikipedia....t_Auto_(series)

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

Dude, nobody ever disputes this fact. It's the fact that the game is ABOUT America is what people claim.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

I'd love to meet someone who says that Sam & Dan Houser are red-blooded rednecks, as opposed to British dudes

James-Earl-Cash
  • James-Earl-Cash

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

Dude, nobody ever disputes this fact. It's the fact that the game is ABOUT America is what people claim.

Americans have disputed it stating that's it's made my American people, this is why I keep beefing with Americans because they do stupid sh*t like this?

James-Earl-Cash
  • James-Earl-Cash

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

Also Rockstar Games was founded by English Brothers Sam and Dan Houser from London, while they were living in New York.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

U mad? I haven't heard anybody so far claiming that it's made by americans. Everybody knows that the Houser brothers created it... What it's a fact is that, like Niko Vercetti 112 has said, it parodies the american culture.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

(here's a link for you Americans to do some research)
http://en.wikipedia....t_Auto_(series)

Didn't you learn anything in school?

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

I've only heard one guy on here say that the game was American. Also, why do act as if only americans would think the game's american?

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

I've only heard one guy on here say that the game was American. Also, why do act as if only americans would think the game's american?

Why are you using such a sh*t source?

Tell me this then. Why are most of the GTAs taken place in America?

James-Earl-Cash
  • James-Earl-Cash

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Why are you using such a sh*t source?

Tell me this then. Why are most of the GTAs taken place in America?

Because it's pisstaking American culture.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:10 PM Edited by BabeRuth, 07 October 2013 - 07:13 PM.

If it's so pisstaking why are you using it then?

That just makes you a fool.

Please don't judge a countries culture, and then use it. Just log off, and play the game :)

MyDog
  • MyDog

FC BARCELONA

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

If it's so pisstaking why are you using it then?

That just makes you a fool.

Please don't judge a countries culture, and then use it. Just log off, and play the game :)

He didn't judge the culture...

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

He didn't judge the culture...

Please Dog, explain the term "Pisstaking" then.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:47 PM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 07 October 2013 - 09:49 PM.

What people mean is that the LOCATION of the game should stay in the US. It has nothing to do with who founded what. GTA is "American" because of its settings. I don't think a Europe based GTA would sell that well, I myself probably wouldn't buy it. My city alone has more murders per year than some entire countries in Europe, many people I've grown up with have literally been killed, so what is there in Europe to excite me? Whose killing and gangbanging enough in Europe to command respect from American GTA players and looked at as interesting? None of them are. It's simply not rough enough, you expect a dude from Chicago, LA, New York, Detroit, Baltimore, Oakland, or somewhere to be excited about GTA in Europe when they go outside and see REAL LIFE people being murdered on a regular basis? Dudes in these cities look at Europeans and think yall not tough enough for GTA. A non-US GTA only works in places like South America.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:19 PM Edited by BabeRuth, 07 October 2013 - 10:36 PM.

What people mean is that the LOCATION of the game should stay in the US. It has nothing to do with who founded what. GTA is "American" because of its settings. I don't think a Europe based GTA would sell that well, I myself probably wouldn't buy it.

Uhhh.......

GTA LONDON 69.

When did you come into in GTA series?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

What people mean is that the LOCATION of the game should stay in the US. It has nothing to do with who founded what. GTA is "American" because of its settings. I don't think a Europe based GTA would sell that well, I myself probably wouldn't buy it.

Uhhh.......

GTA LONDON 69.

What was the first GTA you played? When did you come into in GTA series? If you say SA you deserved to be slapped. Have you played any other GTA game?

Are you f*cking kidding me.

GTA London 1969 and 1961 were both expansion packs to GTA 1, as opposed to standalone GTA games, which all take place in America.

Furthermore, nobody deserves to be slapped just because San Andreas got them into the GTA series. Why are you being such a bummer, amigo?

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:02 AM Edited by BabeRuth, 08 October 2013 - 01:12 AM.

GTA London 1969 and 1961 were both expansion packs to GTA 1, as opposed to standalone GTA games, which all take place in America.

Furthermore, nobody deserves to be slapped just because San Andreas got them into the GTA series. Why are you being such a bummer, amigo?

It did sound mean, that's why I edited my post. The game is taken place in London the UK.

It sounds so f@cked up when he says it should only be in America. The world isn't always about the U.S. There's other countries for many reasons.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

No one gives a flying sh*t where it's made. Obviously it's made in Britain, who could dispute that?

IHateFlightSchool
  • IHateFlightSchool

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

If you got a prob with America then gtfo of this forum...sure u don't mind our other games/shows/movies and women. I'm guessing your a Brit by your snobbery...

James-Earl-Cash
  • James-Earl-Cash

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

If you got a prob with America then gtfo of this forum...sure u don't mind our other games/shows/movies and women. I'm guessing your a Brit by your snobbery...

I like your movies, but dislike your women.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:55 AM

The houser Brothers make me proud to be British! 

ThePeskyCrow
  • ThePeskyCrow

:v

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Your Proud Over 2 People Of The Same Nationality Making A Game? Must Not Be Very Exciting Over There.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

I like how whenever a fellow American is offended by something the usual response to expect is " If u don't liek it, Get Out ". I actually find that line funny because when someone prides themselves as a freedom loving American who lives in the " bestest and free'est'est country in the world " and then they say something with the intended meaning of " that's just how it is and it won't be changed so you may as well just give up and leave because your effort is futile " I just can't help but to laugh at the hypocrisy. If you sincerely take pride for America's freedom then you should also respect and encourage someone with a different opinion other than yours for speaking freely and utilizing the same right you take so much pride in having.  

On topic: I wouldn't mind seeing GTA go back outside the US in the future. I would absolutely love to see how R* would treat London with the current available tech. Plus, exploring a land I have never been to and know very little about sounds like a great opportunity for me to do research on the local landmarks and culture. So, i'll know what landmarks to look out for. It will be like being a tourist without all the hassle of planning a trip and dealing with airport BS. Although it won't be a proper experience compared to visiting the place in real life, but maybe it will be enough to encourage people to see the world and it's wonders beyond the borders of their country and continent.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

It did sound mean, that's why I edited my post. The game is taken place in London the UK.

It sounds so f@cked up when he says it should only be in America. The world isn't always about the U.S. There's other countries for many reasons.
Have you never read an interview with Dan Houser? He specifically states that GTA is a satire of American culture, and wouldn't work outside the US. By about the time III/VC were made it stopped becoming a generic open world shooter and became what it is today.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

Your Proud Over 2 People Of The Same Nationality Making A Game? Must Not Be Very Exciting Over There.

yes i am. pair of legends creating an Incredible series and company and their from my patch In London so yes im very Proud.   :r*:

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

I never heard anyone say it's an American game, in fact I just keep people reminding us it's a British game. I like how it's kind of a satire or parody of America.
Offtopic: I'm personally tired of the American setting, they should switch to London for at least one title again, in my opinion. I guess it would have a smaller market because America feels more universally appealing so why don't they just make some expansion pack with a British city like they did with GTA 1?

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Who the hell said it wasn't a British game??? We said the locations should STAY in the USA. Reading...Try it.

jiaxvkby
  • jiaxvkby

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

I just required some information and was searching on Google for it. I visited each page that came on first page and didn’t got any relevant result then I thought to check out the second one and got your blog. This is what I wanted!

Moncler Jackets Sale
Discount Moncler Store
Women Moncler Jackets Down Vest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users