319 replies to this topic
Lordgodofhell
  • Lordgodofhell

Real life ghost

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

It's fun.

/thread

This was supposed to be the end because it is the answer to the op.

dapala00
  • dapala00

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

You get what you give. If you want to randomly attack everyone you see go for it but you'll probably end up getting killed yourself/bountied/griefed.

I don't make a habit of it but sometimes it's fun to stock someone as they go in to rob a store and be waiting outside. Other times it's just too tempting to leave some dude sitting afk on the street without running him over. I don't grief people over and over, though. That sh*t's lame.

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

Dayyyyyum! Lmao. Got a point though.

I'm not really complaining bc I can usually handle my own online when dealing with spam killers etc. But would be nice to see a friendly fire off mode or something implemented.

El_Santo
  • El_Santo

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

I seem to be the victim in every massacure I've encountered. PLayers kill me endlessly, and whenenver I even get CLOSE to aiming at them they just plug me right between the eyes.

THE most annoying situation is when I leave los santos customs and some asshole is waiting outside to plug me before I even get control of my character.

Any real tips to combat? I'm using the lockon system because I cannot use freeaim. (If only it had mouse support.)

I wish they removed the medical bills or at least turned them down a notch because every time I enter combat it turns out like this http://www.youtube.c...eNG8swnc8#t=433 and I'm going broke because of it.

the reason you are being killed so quick is because you are using the lockon system. everyone else can do it too. its the stupidest sh*t ever. thats why I got good using free aim.

and even if you suck with free aim, you chances of survival get doubled

shamalpilot
  • shamalpilot

Trick

• Members

Is it grefing if I like to pickup peps cars while they still in it with ten cargobob and drop them in the sea
  • DP Man and QuadDonkey like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

The death bill is just dumb.

Take that off, and I don't mind getting killed.  You should not have to PAY MONEY to mess around.

dapala00
  • dapala00

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

Is it grefing if I like to pickup peps cars while they still in it with ten cargobob and drop them in the sea

That's awesome lol

• QuadDonkey likes this

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

There's solo mode, and invite only mode for a reason. It's for the mature adults who want to do their own thing without some troglodyte killing them 20 times in one session.

Translation: people who can't defend themselves and should be playing Diner Dash instead. ;-)

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

I don't do this (my ratio of killed/kill is 2:1 with me killing exactly 10 players).  Well, I have taken a couple of bounties but that's fun.

There are some weapon tint unlocks that require killing players.  Bizarre.

Personally, I don't understand how this can be fun, but everybody has a different idea of fun.  Use passive mode, and be aware that you can still be killed while in your vehicle or run over by other vehicles.

I get a little tired of getting randomly gunned down when I'm just trying to get from point a to b... but this is GTA, so I can't get too mad when somebody blasts me.  

What angers me is when they JUST KEEP f*ckING DOING IT.  Then I call in Merryweather Mercs, a Mugger from Lamar, and get a Buzzard and track the douchebags down.  Or put a bounty on them and force them to flee to the country or another session.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

I killed one person online, it was because I had just finished a robbery and when i came out of the store he shot me and stole my car...now, here's the best part - when I re-spawned I was close by and the money from robbery was still there on the ground outside, so I took it and cops were no longer after me...i then followed this guy to a near by ammunition (it was were my car icon on the map was) and he was inside buying weapons (I presume) and my car was parked outside. I sat in my car and waited until he came out and I shot him in the face and drove off. It doesn't sound like much but it was a great moment in online gaming for me. :)

Actually, I shot another guy who chased me all the way to paleto bay because I had a bounty on my head (no idea why I had bounty) as he finally caught up to me I pulled over and shot him through the windscreen. :) He got me after re-spawning...

Sorry for the waffle, wish my character would return from MIA so I can get back online :(

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

I just find it funny when people get upset over it.. I lost my Level 30 character last night, but it's just a game.  It's funny as hell when people get overly pissed off at games because someone kills them.

Hell I even kill my own buddies sometimes.

Yesterday (before my character was lost into oblivion), my mate was robbing a shop, so I jumped in his car which was parked right outside, and blocked the door with it.  Trust me, do this to people, you will have a laugh as they try to escape while the police flow in.

I am going to do this as soon as I get the chance. :-)

creepsley
  • creepsley

Player Hater

• Members

meet one loser who had on passive mode and drove around killing people with his car and since he was passive, the only way to fight back would be to make his car explode with him in it. since shots couldnt hurt him =\

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

When I First started playing GTA Online I was a good mindful person, now I'm very wary of Randoms and will now open fire on them if they get to close. Usually though I play in Invite only session, no randoms.

Goneinfiveseconds
  • Goneinfiveseconds

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

I only kill when they have a bounty or if they shoot first

this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:35 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 07 October 2013 - 03:36 PM.

There are some weapon tint unlocks that require killing players.  Bizarre.

which is why there's deathmatches and other competitive missions and races

there's more to this game than freemode and grinding missions you know XD

ow and this kill or be killed excuse is BS

unless you're physically unable to look at your minimap it's not that hard to avoid confrontations, than there's passive mode or you could just start a mission or something to get out of a thight spot

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:37 PM Edited by blackrooster_, 07 October 2013 - 03:40 PM.

Remove the death tax and the bad sport nonsense. Bad ideas that never should have been added.

No and no.

I've said this a million times. Go look at where the games are that had no moderation like that such as D2 and Torchlight 2. The game will simple not last. Games like WoW last forever because of heavy patching, fixing and moderating.

There needs to be f*cking rules and the rules in place are more than fair. Players will whine about anything I swear. Bad sport puts you with other bad sports. How in gods name do you have a beef with that?

Because it's flawed. 

Rules for a game about crime and mayhem are ridiculous. They should have stuck with the way they fixed it in Red Dead, because I never had a problem there even once.

I've posted this elsewhere, but perhaps you can tell me how they'll fix these three flaws that I've found with the bad sport system:

1) It actually makes it EASIER for someone to grief you. Let's say I'm in my personal car and I go after you. Destroying a person's personal car will get you a bad sport label, soooo ... you're not able to defend yourself. All I have to do is stay in my personal vehicle and I can shoot you as much as I want, but if you fight back and hurt my car, you get penalized? That makes no sense. And if I'm in passive mode, you're really screwed because you can't even shoot me, only the car, and I can kept crashing into you -- and possibly killing you -- as much as I want. So, yes, the bad sport system actually makes griefing EASIER for anyone with a little bit of ingenuity.

2) It completely negates the bounty system. At any point, a person could put a bounty on you. Whoever kills you gets the offered reward. But if they destroy your personal vehicle in the process, then they get the reward AND a bad sport rating. That's ridiculous.

3) Players can easily goad you into becoming a bad sport. How? Well, personal vehicles are usually sports cars, muscle cars, etc. At least, most of the time. No one is going to make a minivan their personal vehicle. And that's the trick. All I gotta do is grab a minivan, make it my personal vehicle, and go after you. No one in their right mind is going to have a minivan as their personal vehicle, so the person will think they're safe in destroying your car in defense. And what do they get? BAD SPORT!!!!!

I speak from experience. A guy in passive mode kept hitting me with his car. I couldn't kill him, so he just kept ramming into me until I died. And I don't see any way that Rockstar can actually fix it ... and if they decide not to, then I'm going to just create a new character and do this kind of stuff all day long since Rockstar clearly doesn't care about their flawed system.

But if you can tell me how to avoid these situations, I'm all ears. Seriously. :-)

DropUrBritches
  • DropUrBritches

Official

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

I've been killed a lot mainly by my friend when away from the controller but every now and then a random would creep up murk me wait for me to respawan and do it again....so no I murk the first person coming my way and I ride out....I don't stay in the area and wait for him to respawan and do it again just once and out.

Every now and then when I kill another player and he's lower leveled I'll send him a nice chunk of cash or at least pay the hospital bill for him

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

There's solo mode, and invite only mode for a reason. It's for the mature adults who want to do their own thing without some troglodyte killing them 20 times in one session.

Translation: people who can't defend themselves and should be playing Diner Dash instead. ;-)

http://gtaforums.com...sport-for-this/ <-- people can defend just fine. Some might not like the extent of the defence, though.

FearTheAmish
  • FearTheAmish

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

Not a whine, read before you rant.

There's no benefits to killing in Freemode, even for trolls. There's usually only negative effects to the player who was killed, and actually, negative effects to the killer.

Killer effects

Max xp you gain per kill: 100 (I don't even know the minimum because I haven't killed in Freemode, see no reason to)

Sure, maybe this is how you rob a person, I don't see you getting 10k, and even if you use this tactic to farm for cash, your skills stay ultimately sh*tty.

Wasted ammo

Chance to waste extra ammo

Chance to damage or total person vehicle

Victim effects:

Pay Hospital bill

There's no scoreboard so you can gloat, either. So I seriously don't see the point in it. It seems entirely more logical to go back to GTA4 and kill people in Freeroam than here. And no, I've actually never been killed in free roam, shot, yes, but I've never paid any Hospital Bills.

Multiple things in response to this....

1.) there is a scoreboard on Rockstar Social club listing players killed

2.) its a challenge and is fun

3.) to prevent myself from dying i will eliminate you every time

LadyFondou
  • LadyFondou

High-Life

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

I run people over in ambulances just because.

Maximus77x
  • Maximus77x

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

Dude this is a game about criminals, guns, cars, and drugs. f*ck OFF if you wanna complain about deaths in Freeroam. Go to passive, friends only, or solo mode. Surround yourself with friendly players if you want, but FOR GOD'S SAKE stop complaining about an integral part of the game.

TRANEMing
  • TRANEMing

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

I normally I don't kill players in freemode....sometimes I even give other players a lift when he or she finish rodding a shop....unless they shoot or even kill me for no reason....

craMeh
  • craMeh

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

my lvl 3 char without any money just got killed by some huge cocksucking prick. hope his whole family gets f*cking cancer

BigIce17
  • BigIce17

A Righteous Yout

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

Not a whine, read before you rant.

There's no benefits to killing in Freemode, even for trolls. There's usually only negative effects to the player who was killed, and actually, negative effects to the killer.

Killer effects

Max xp you gain per kill: 100 (I don't even know the minimum because I haven't killed in Freemode, see no reason to)

Sure, maybe this is how you rob a person, I don't see you getting 10k, and even if you use this tactic to farm for cash, your skills stay ultimately sh*tty.

Wasted ammo

Chance to waste extra ammo

Chance to damage or total person vehicle

Victim effects:

Pay Hospital bill

There's no scoreboard so you can gloat, either. So I seriously don't see the point in it. It seems entirely more logical to go back to GTA4 and kill people in Freeroam than here. And no, I've actually never been killed in free roam, shot, yes, but I've never paid any Hospital Bills.

I agree. The bills are killing me.

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:41 PM Edited by Lagful, 07 October 2013 - 04:41 PM.

Is this for real? I don't even...

FearTheAmish
  • FearTheAmish

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

its kinda funny how yall think PK's don't make friends... Most of my friend list is people that i got into revenge wars with and in the end send a friend request and we shoot the sh*t for a bit. Then we get together and go hunt other people.

Scar3dGam3r
  • Scar3dGam3r

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

I'm always friendly and never shoot first, but if I'm killed for no reason I hunt this person down and repeatedly kill them. 

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

I only kill when they have a bounty or if they shoot first

This ^

Or just a view times I kill something, just because I feel like annoying someone. But that has happened 3 times in 24 hours so...

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

The death bill is just dumb.

Take that off, and I don't mind getting killed.  You should not have to PAY MONEY to mess around.

This. I wouldn't mind getting killed if it didn't mean losing $2000 each time. If someone runs me over, I turn into a spiteful prick, highlight them via my phone, and hunt them down. If they killed me and I didn't lose my banked money, I wouldn't have a problem with it and would likely let it go.

bongoclock
  • bongoclock

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

see sig.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users