To Those Who Kill In Freemode

319 replies to this topic
Zone-Tan
  • Zone-Tan

Zone Archive

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

Not a whine, read before you rant.

There's no benefits to killing in Freemode, even for trolls. There's usually only negative effects to the player who was killed, and actually, negative effects to the killer.

Killer effects

Max xp you gain per kill: 100 (I don't even know the minimum because I haven't killed in Freemode, see no reason to)

Sure, maybe this is how you rob a person, I don't see you getting 10k, and even if you use this tactic to farm for cash, your skills stay ultimately sh*tty.

Wasted ammo

Chance to waste extra ammo

Chance to damage or total person vehicle

Victim effects:

Pay Hospital bill

There's no scoreboard so you can gloat, either. So I seriously don't see the point in it. It seems entirely more logical to go back to GTA4 and kill people in Freeroam than here. And no, I've actually never been killed in free roam, shot, yes, but I've never paid any Hospital Bills.

• BigIce17, Young Killah, ShinobiFixer and 3 others like this

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

It's fun.

/thread

• NADOLNY, Snoop221, MagicNarcosis and 8 others like this

YogurtStorm
  • YogurtStorm

Knowledgeable industry Guru

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:34 PM Edited by YogurtStorm, 06 October 2013 - 10:35 PM.

For what it's worth, I kill people sometimes Online (not always, if I'm zooming by fast or if I don't feel like stopping for it), but if I randomly encounter another player by surprise, I'll absolutely shoot because as a long-time Day Z player, I've learned to never trust randoms. Ever.

Source: Yesterday before my character got deleted a random came out of the strip club. I did not shoot, walked away. He shot me.

• BigIce17, ShinobiFixer and THEFAM_MCMJ like this

USMR
  • USMR

Weetarded Pug.

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

I kill every now and then. It's great fun.

slappyJ
  • slappyJ

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Killing in free roam is hella fun...who gives a crap about all the crap you just said.

• _KC likes this

Platuni
  • Platuni

Merp

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

I only kill when they have a bounty or if they shoot first

• Danny-Vain, vxlomegav6, rexmaverik and 1 other like this

split_lip
  • split_lip

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

kill or be killed usually, yea?

I try to let people be unless I see a robbery in progress, then its fun to stalk the store until they come out and start blasting away..

or if you shoot at me first

• jcgill likes this

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Peon

• Members

Zone-Tan
  • Zone-Tan

Zone Archive

• Members

Killing in free roam is hella fun...who gives a crap about all the crap you just said.

I do, and I can bet money there are 10's of thousands of others that do.

But again, it isn't a whine, I was legitimately asking what you gain out of it, because I don't see what you do.

• dethbiker likes this

YogurtStorm
  • YogurtStorm

Knowledgeable industry Guru

• Members
  • Canada

Just start killing nearby randoms as well, OP.

Call it preventive self-defense :)

• madmanaz likes this

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

For what it's worth, I kill people sometimes Online (not always, if I'm zooming by fast or if I don't feel like stopping for it), but if I randomly encounter another player by surprise, I'll absolutely shoot because as a long-time Day Z player, I've learned to never trust randoms. Ever.

Source: Yesterday before my character got deleted a random came out of the strip club. I did not shoot, walked away. He shot me.

lol, Day Z will definitely teach you the ropes.  I'm paranoid as hell in this game.  I shoot first and ask questions later if I don't know you. 

• serimos6 and _KC like this

JubeiDOK
  • JubeiDOK

Westsiiiide!

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:38 PM Edited by JubeiDOK, 06 October 2013 - 10:42 PM.

Gotta watch your colors when runnin the streets of Los Santos, dude. That's all the reason a banger needs.

Seriously though, why the f*ck do some people even bother playing an online game if they gonna bitch any time something doesn't go their way???

• DCUST89 likes this

cksiz
  • cksiz

Mark Chump

• Members

I kill so you have to pay the hospital bill.

/thread.

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Freemode is kill or be killed.

It ain't nuthin' but a G thang.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:39 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 06 October 2013 - 10:40 PM.

It takes a griefer to kill too many times in free more. 2-3 times is and should be ok, but no more. 

I, personally, don`t like to shoot unprovoked, but that`s why we have invite only games :) .

• GrndZero likes this

theonelink
  • theonelink

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

Not a whine, read before you rant.

There's no benefits to killing in Freemode, even for trolls. There's usually only negative effects to the player who was killed, and actually, negative effects to the killer.

Killer effects

Max xp you gain per kill: 100 (I don't even know the minimum because I haven't killed in Freemode, see no reason to)

Sure, maybe this is how you rob a person, I don't see you getting 10k, and even if you use this tactic to farm for cash, your skills stay ultimately sh*tty.

Wasted ammo

Chance to waste extra ammo

Chance to damage or total person vehicle

Victim effects:

Pay Hospital bill

There's no scoreboard so you can gloat, either. So I seriously don't see the point in it. It seems entirely more logical to go back to GTA4 and kill people in Freeroam than here. And no, I've actually never been killed in free roam, shot, yes, but I've never paid any Hospital Bills.

9/10 times when someone sees you it's you or them, I'm not a fan of killing at random but I do what's necessary

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

Same. Deathmatchers make me angry honestly. It shouldn't as a game about killing, but why does it need to be a game about killing passive unarmed randoms in non-deathmatch mode to some people?

OP:

"There's no benefits to killing in freemode"

*lists benefits to killing in freemode*

• dethbiker likes this

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

#1 Emblem Editor Hater 2014

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

I don't care that much but it can be annoying at times. Example -

• Dude slams into me and knocks me off my bike
  • My crewmate and I chase him down
  • Sawed-off shotgun his sh*t
  • His car blows up
  • omg ur a bad sport
  • Seems f*ckin legit
  • dethbiker and tehherb like this

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

Seriously though, why the f*ck do some people even bother playing an online game if they gonna bitch any time something doesn't go their way???

I remember a day after GTA Offline was released when I got into a deathmatch, there were people getting legitimately very angry because they were getting shot.

Why do people play videogames to get angry? I don't f*cking know man.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

• His car blows up
  • omg ur a bad sport
  • Seems f*ckin legit

Blow up his tyres instead :)

theonelink
  • theonelink

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

• His car blows up
  • omg ur a bad sport
  • Seems f*ckin legit

sad-i-know-that-feel-bro-l-877-9359.png?

• Zone-Tan likes this

Shadiochao
  • Shadiochao

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

I don't really see the problem with killing people in free mode. If people really didn't want to be killed, I'm sure they'd use one of the many options available to avoid it.

There's no big downside to doing it, and no real benefit to it either. But the same could be said for the opposite.

The ability to kill other people is just a part of the game and one of the main forms of interaction you can have with other players in free roam mode, choosing to avoid it at all costs is what makes no sense to me.

OneTimeDowner
  • OneTimeDowner

Helping Hand

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

I'm kind of irritated by the amount of people randomly killing in free roam in this forum. I'm with the OP, it kind of destroys the fun. For me it drives me into solo sessions or playing with a crew. 

When I free roam I either mind my own business or assist people when they are in trouble. Thats what makes the fun for me. 

I think its the best fun driving by a random player who just held up a store and helping ihm the f*ck out of there. 

Everytime someone randomly goes nuts in free roam killing people I think of some 12 year old sh*t heads trying to compensate sth... 

• Trilic, archiebunker, dethbiker and 2 others like this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

Most people are selfish assholes in real life too.

Lethita
  • Lethita

Something Slayer...

• Members

REVENGE.

JubeiDOK
  • JubeiDOK

Westsiiiide!

• Members

f*ck man, I swear, it's like you guys have never played a grand theft auto game before. It's not a game where we go around hugging each other. It's a big assed free roam environment for causing havoc in it. 

Deal with it.

Zone-Tan
  • Zone-Tan

Zone Archive

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

Gotta watch your colors when runnin the streets of Los Santos, dude. That's all the reason a banger needs.

---

Who's bitching?

Call it preventive self-defense  :)

I don't wanna, too busy doing my missions, and making my car look smexy.

Same. Deathmatchers make me angry honestly. It shouldn't as a game about killing, but why does it need to be a game about killing passive unarmed randoms in non-deathmatch mode to some people?

OP:

I listed disadvantages. They are two different words, ¿Lo entiendes?

EllenPage-Mathers
  • EllenPage-Mathers

Ellen Page <3

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

Because, who doesn't like a good old crew vs crew shoot out, with random police/ other people joining in too?

Our crew shoot each other and jump out of cars in mid air from ramps, because we find it fun.

Zone-Tan
  • Zone-Tan

Zone Archive

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:50 PM Edited by Zone-Tan, 06 October 2013 - 10:51 PM.

I'm kind of irritated by the amount of people randomly killing in free roam in this forum. I'm with the OP, it kind of destroys the fun. For me it drives me into solo sessions or playing with a crew. 

When I free roam I either mind my own business or assist people when they are in trouble. Thats what makes the fun for me. 

I think its the best fun driving by a random player who just held up a store and helping ihm the f*ck out of there. 

Everytime someone randomly goes nuts in free roam killing people I think of some 12 year old sh*t heads trying to compensate sth... 

I was playing in free roam, taking my new car to the mod shop to color it (Fecking purple costs 12k!) and some person in a SUV rams me as I am getting into my car. I'm... in the car on my screen... but after they ram me... I'm under their tire. So, quit game, no cloud save, not dead. \o/

Because, who doesn't like a good old crew vs crew shoot out, with random police/ other people joining in too?

Our crew shoot each other and jump out of cars in mid air from ramps, because we find it fun.

The question was about a random shooting, mostly incidents where a person from a store is shot out of no where, rammed, then shot, etc. Just completely random, uncalled for, out of nowhere.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

---

Who's bitching?

Call it preventive self-defense  :)

I don't wanna, too busy doing my missions, and making my car look smexy.

OP:

I listed disadvantages. They are two different words, ¿Lo entiendes?

You mentioned the killer earning both experience points and cash.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users