best GTA youve ever played and why?

79 replies to this topic
Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

IV.

The step-up in physics and visuals for a GTA was unbelievable. Also I loved Niko, they nailed the gritty Liberty soundtrack too, unlike V.
  • Raspy and Jimmy Darmody like this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

The best GTA game? GTA V. It's a lot more fun and modern than the others. The most fun I've had with a GTA game? probably Vice City back when it came out.

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:27 PM Edited by Cinoy, 07 October 2013 - 12:27 PM.

I'd say a close tie between GTA V and GTA IV. GTA IV is close because I like the physics in it better than in GTA V, sometimes the physics are good in GTA V but its really inconsistent and the bike physics are the worst yet.

• Raspy likes this

marizzocos
  • marizzocos

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

GTA V is the best, is there even any doubt? Big map, tons of side activities and best online ever

Seriousman
  • Seriousman

Anti-ReligionMan

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

1. GTA V

2. GTA San Anreas

3. GTA Vice City

4. GTA III

5. GTA IV

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

640px-GTA_III_Logo_Transparent.png

Always.

• Raspy and shawt22 like this

dro0001
  • dro0001

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

GTA IV is the best, best story, best gameplay, driving is way better.

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

People are going to deem me a f*ckin' retard but I'd say GTA LCS. I chose it for nothing more than an emotional connection I had with it when I played it for the first time. 

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

People just say San Andreas because it's nostalgic. V for me, the Online is AMAZING.

And people are only choosing V because it's new and pretty.

OutcoldSoldierX
  • OutcoldSoldierX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

That is good enough of a reason for me.  It's fun, I like the characters, and I haven't fully gotten into online yet.  Opinions are opinions for a reason.  

Goneinfiveseconds
  • Goneinfiveseconds

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:17 PM Edited by Goneinfiveseconds, 07 October 2013 - 03:20 PM.

1. GTA V/GTA O - GTA SA with better graphics and bigger map, they need to fix the GTA O issues though and I like to do Heist and sh*t

2. GTA SA - lots of things you can do 

3. GTA VC - good story, theme and my first GTA 

4. GTA EFLC - too much realism thats why it became boring but its still ok(never played  GTA IV)

5. GTA VCS - playing ad hoc mp with friends was fun

GTA 3 - no bikes (GTA VC is my first GTA)

GTA LCS - its ok...

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

GTA V is amazing and better then any GTA game that ive ever played (including GTA: SA and Vice City) but GTA IV was the one that impressed me the most mainly cause the graphics were amazing at the time. 

FutoDriver
  • FutoDriver

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:24 PM Edited by FutoDriver, 07 October 2013 - 08:25 PM.

GTA IV - Loved the mature dark story of Niko's life and the more realistic approach of the world (physics/vehicle handling)

Vice City - It had it all the characters the soundtrack and the features it added were worthwhile additions.

GTA III - First time seeing it in 3D amazing!

Chinatown Wars

GTA

San Andreas

GTA 2

GTA V

Vice City Stories

Liberty City Stories

Stewlil
  • Stewlil

Better when high

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

San Andreas, was just groundbreaking sh*t, still play it as recently as 2 months ago and I think I will still revisit it sometime inthe future

Krigarjonas
  • Krigarjonas

Viking

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:51 PM Edited by Krigarjonas, 07 October 2013 - 08:53 PM.

My favourite would probably be GTA IV because of some amazing characters and a really good story, plus the two large DLC packs. GTA V comes second on my list, followed by San Andreas.

@bish0p2004 this might sound crazy to you, but maybe, just maybe people choose a game because they simply like it...

Raspy
  • Raspy

Driver

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:53 PM Edited by Raspy, 07 October 2013 - 11:02 PM.

I like every GTA except China Town Wars.

GTA 

• Was the best thing ever as a 9-10 year old. *suckmyrocket* for all the people that know... 
  • The dialogue and cut scenes after finishing a level.

GTA2

• Same reasons as GTA but I liked the night time effect. Something GTA lacked. 
  • Also liked the gangs and how you had a respect meter for each one. 

GTA London

• Same again but with a completely different vibe
  • Loved the accents and dialogue

GTA III

• Revolutionary. 
  • The dark, sinister and grimy feel of the city
  • The mafia sentinel
  • The freedom to do what you wanted within the restricted realms of the game 
  • LC Stories was good as well. Some nice radio stations + good to be back in LC

GTA Vice City + Stories 

• Wow
  • The music
  • The vibes
  • VC Stories was cool too

GTA San Andreas 

• F me. This game had me walking into school the next day wanting to do a drive by on my Maths teacher
  • The cars, transfender, the map, the character customisation
  • The gym, the hunger, the girlfriends
  • The story
  • The music
  • Everything.

GTA IV 

• The game was revolutionary. It was the GTA III of the PS3 era. Yeah, there wasn't a lot to do but neither was  there in GTA III. It brought you the mobile phone, taxis, headlights, etc.
  • The new style of map changed the game. 
  • The driving mechanics and mechanics in general
  • The story wasn't that bad... Yeah, they ruffled a few feathers and traded the usual 'likeable' and animated American for a grizzly Eastern European. It was a good change
  • The grimy feel to the whole city.
  • Replay factor

TBOGT + TLAD

• Not a bad time pass in waiting for V
  • Brought the story together a little bit more

GTA V

• The gun wheel and combat mechanics are nice
  • The cars are nice, I'm not a fan of the driving but it'll do. 
  • LS Customs
  • Multiple protagonists 
  • Entertaining variety and consistency of missions
  • Story was aight
  • I like online when the servers want to work

Overall, I'm a fiend so I like them all. V is somewhere towards the bottom half of the list for me. Although it brought some nice features to the table, single player let it down. Online saved the game from being traded in because it doesn't have much replay factor otherwise. I finished the game and there was nothing to do. I did up all the cars, bought all the clothes, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, and yeah.

There was a lot less to do in IV but I always played it. V is a funny one. It may have broken sales records but numbers aren't always something to go by. After all, Nicki Minaj and trash of the same nature can boast impressive figures too. Doesn't mean much though.

If you didn't like my opinion then that's a shame. Goodbye.

• Jimmy Darmody likes this

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:57 PM Edited by drr26, 07 October 2013 - 10:59 PM.

GTA III

I grew up as a littl'un playign PS1 versions of GTA1 and London, and GTA 2 (I swapped 3 games for GTA 2!)  so was already familiar

Then GTA III came out (my pals mum bought it for me as I was about 14)  and it took my breath away (I had played it before I got it)  for me the nostalgia of the last 10 years is the reason why it's my fav one.  Even when I play it now sometimes I love it.  It started off the 3D era and so many other things were influenced by it too.  

Finding the Banshee in the Showroom for the first time, that was cool!  I can still find all 100 hidden packages without a guide lol (shame I am stuck on 98%) 

Plus Claude never speaks, and you didn't find out his name till San Andreas, cool stuff. 

Music was a great selection, Rise FM - Prog House is epic 

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

What i find amazing is no matter how high or low we rank V, IV, SA, or VC, they are all better than any other video game out there. The only games that come close are TLOU, RDR, and Skyrim (this gen). I mean seriously these are the pinnacle of games and yet we argue which is the best of the best. 

EvilDog77
  • EvilDog77

Unequaled C4 Whore

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

Vice City.

Not the best GTA game by a long shot, but the 80s vibe and awesome soundtrack can't be outdone.

If it weren't for this game I would never have watched Scarface.

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:42 PM Edited by AlmightyHabbib, 07 October 2013 - 11:44 PM.

I don't get how people still prefer the older gta's to the new ones. Don't get me wrong they were amazing back in their day and still fun to play now and again but comparing it to the newer ones it's a no brainer that they are more fun to play. Just like in 15 years time GTA 7 will be more fun to play than 5 etc. That's the way I see the GTA games anyway

So you don't get how people can enjoy game that has much more to offer compared to the new one? Like San Andreas for example? makes sense...LOL people still prefer San Andreas, because cops aren't AS annoying as in GTAV so they can actually enjoy their freeroam experience! People get annoyed by underwhelming and inconsistent vehicle damage, which was never the case with San Andreas (and i'm not talking about how it looked! I'm talking about "consistency"!) People get annoyed by the fact we cannot drive trains, access most of the interiors and buy safhouses, that actually have fully detailed interiors (no matter how copy-paste they are!), because lets be honest a lot of us would like to have being able to obtain and enter safehouses on the first place, even though we know that most of them would be copy-paste job! We know it and we still WANT it, because having something as an option is much better than not having it at all! I can go on and on! Plus we could do cop missions, firefighter missions and even pimping missions! We could do trucking, quarry working, valet parking, courier and many other stuff, that i didn't mention! Oh wait its not the case with V right?...yup...thats it folks!...

I understand that people prefer older GTA's mainly because of nostalgia, if they didn't they wouldn't bother with V at all and go and play VC or SA or III or IV. If you'd take a gamer who has never play a GTA, give him SA and V, I'm sure 99% he will choose V. Because it has better quality in everything, just like liking prince of Persia of Persia: Sands of Time more than Prince Of Persia, you know the 2D one, the first one. It's as simple as that. 

San Andreas was a god AT IT'S TIME, and it stays a god, in people's memory, just memory. 

And the things you listed, as to people are annoyed for not being able to drive a train, which wasn't that much fun, you just try couple of dozen times and that's it. Or the interiors, you are impressed the first 10 times, and then you've seen it all, and don't really stop in awe of how amazing it is that this is another copy/paste, the same goes with valet parking, quarry missions, they are interesting distraction, but very short lived distractions, that don't particularly add very much to the core game. I assume people are annoyed mostly because they expected this game to have all that only in much greater detail, and it didn't, well at least not the SP, but then again, you going to choose a game, choose it on it's whole package not just the SP, it's the same as giving the game a 3/10 just because the helicopter controls are bad.. I mean come on. Also, V does have plenty of distractions, the pointless collectibles, TV and stuff, pointless, but adds a little to the game. the same as quarry or trucker missions did in SA, only most of these things get overlook, because these were expected and were included, I bet you if they had removed in game television and instead would've added gang wars or something, there would be people complaining on how it's a step down from IV, hadn't even added the TV. It's just the way it is, and I'd like people to sometimes stop and think what they are writing here :D Because a lot of threads around and comments are just weird, in that very very bad way.. Thank you for choosing AlmightyHabbib as your read comment, stay safe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users