Photo

best GTA youve ever played and why?

79 replies to this topic
senejas
  • senejas

Lad.

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

list the best gta you have ever played. and be sure to tell why!

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

If you asked me a week ago I would have said gta v but now I have calmed down and think about it.

Gta san andreas definatly
Story
Content
Charecters
Map
Music
Variety of vehicles
Just nostalgic game for me, played with my brother when it first came out at a time I knew nothing about video games.
I recognise any song from any radio station and that nostalgia hits me

DownwardGoose
  • DownwardGoose

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

Vice City. It was the first one I really played as a gamer. Although my first one was III, I was really too young to understand most of what was going on. Vice City just had that incredible 80s vibe. The music, setting and characters were just top notch. GTA V would be my number 1 but the online has completely ruined the game for me.

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

GTA IV because of the whole realism and story

• Raspy, theGTAking101 and -inVADER- like this

GranThefTito
  • GranThefTito

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

i believe best grand theft auto game is the game grand theft auto san andreas for it is majority fun game for that i enjoy the customizing appearance the gangster fighting the box the karate the map costing long time for exploring the cities the fun feature just it is more fun over this not funny fail exterior decoration boring activity example golf tennis barbie movie how game grand theft auto 5

• Vorpax likes this

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:05 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 06 October 2013 - 11:06 PM.

if gta o would be properly functioning I would probably choose V but until that happens SA maintains the number 1. Big map, pretty nice story (though I prefer vice city), planes and bikes (I love them both), stats, lots of customization and plenty of stuff to do... can't ask for more than that

• DownwardGoose likes this

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

GTA V and like most of the world thinks, it's the BEST GAME of all time. What other game provides this type of experience at this scale? And with a captivating story to go along with it. What other game provides you this freedom and in such a detailed and rich environment? 

$1 billion in sales, nothing to discuss.

• KillaDanny likes this

marizzocos
  • marizzocos

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:09 PM Edited by marizzocos, 06 October 2013 - 11:10 PM.

i believe best grand theft auto game is the game grand theft auto san andreas for it is majority fun game for that i enjoy the customizing appearance the gangster fighting the box the karate the map costing long time for exploring the cities the fun feature just it is more fun over this not funny fail exterior decoration boring activity example golf tennis barbie movie how game grand theft auto 5

haha you say that because you never played the game (probably angry pc gamer)

As for the answer to the topic gtav all the way... Its like they mixed the best out of all gtas and created this masterpiece

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

GTA San Andreas for sure.  The amount of content in it compared to Vice City was insane.  The map was 6-7x bigger than the previous game too.  GTA San Andreas also had the crazy fun gameplay.  Even GTA 5 doesn't compare to what San Andreas was back in the day.

• Vorpax likes this

Ferdie
  • Ferdie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

San Andreas (Vice City is second): huge map, so many things to do, fun missions, great music... I spent so many hours playing it. It´s probably my favourite game of all time.

• Vorpax likes this

gnrdeth13
  • gnrdeth13

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

Up until recently I would've said GTAIII, just because of the effect it had on me back in 2002.  It was my first GTA experience, and the story stuck with me for a long time.

Right now, hmmm.  I probably still like GTAIV a smidge better than V, mainly because I'm still sweet on Liberty City.  Never cared for Los Santos much, but I will say it's better in V than SA for me.

• theGTAking101 and Jimmy Darmody like this

3mir
  • 3mir

The Coon

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:17 PM Edited by 3mir, 06 October 2013 - 11:18 PM.

Vice City

Why ?  epic game

RyanM1995
  • RyanM1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

I don't get how people still prefer the older gta's to the new ones. Don't get me wrong they were amazing back in their day and still fun to play now and again but comparing it to the newer ones it's a no brainer that they are more fun to play. Just like in 15 years time GTA 7 will be more fun to play than 5 etc. That's the way I see the GTA games anyway

Littletimmy
  • Littletimmy

Master Sergeant Shooter Sergeant Person!

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

1. Gta San Andreas

2. Gta 3

3. Gta Vice City

4. Gta IV

5. Gta V

Gta San Andreas because it was awesome

• Vorpax likes this

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

San Andreas today, GTAV tomorrow(in the future, perhaps a year from now).

San Andreas's nostalgia is a powerful emotion to overcome. GTAV is brand new, and therefore is at a disadvantage when it comes to the memories of playing San Andreas for the first time. SA was quite an achievement for it's time, and the storyline was a bit longer and less serious.

GTAV is a technical marvel, graphically beautiful and FEELS like a modern San Andreas. The ONLY reason it's not number 1 YET, is because it is still quite new, and we haven't seen everything this game has to offer.

Anyone assuming that they've seen everything is thinking prematurely. This game needs TIME to be appreciated, and I believe a YEAR from now, this game will EASILY replace San Andreas because the this game will develop it's OWN sense of nostalgia.

The issues haven't all been addressed, and the online is going to take some time and work to get to what Rockstar INTENDED it to be. Those who are patient, will be amazed at what this game is going to be like down the road.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

I don't get how people still prefer the older gta's to the new ones. Don't get me wrong they were amazing back in their day and still fun to play now and again but comparing it to the newer ones it's a no brainer that they are more fun to play. Just like in 15 years time GTA 7 will be more fun to play than 5 etc. That's the way I see the GTA games anyway

So you don't get how people can enjoy game that has much more to offer compared to the new one? Like San Andreas for example? makes sense...LOL people still prefer San Andreas, because cops aren't AS annoying as in GTAV so they can actually enjoy their freeroam experience! People get annoyed by underwhelming and inconsistent vehicle damage, which was never the case with San Andreas (and i'm not talking about how it looked! I'm talking about "consistency"!) People get annoyed by the fact we cannot drive trains, access most of the interiors and buy safhouses, that actually have fully detailed interiors (no matter how copy-paste they are!), because lets be honest a lot of us would like to have being able to obtain and enter safehouses on the first place, even though we know that most of them would be copy-paste job! We know it and we still WANT it, because having something as an option is much better than not having it at all! I can go on and on! Plus we could do cop missions, firefighter missions and even pimping missions! We could do trucking, quarry working, valet parking, courier and many other stuff, that i didn't mention! Oh wait its not the case with V right?...yup...thats it folks!...

Littletimmy
  • Littletimmy

Master Sergeant Shooter Sergeant Person!

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:34 PM Edited by Littletimmy, 06 October 2013 - 11:34 PM.

So you don't get how people can enjoy game that has much more to offer compared to the new one? Like San Andreas for example? makes sense...LOL people still prefer San Andreas, because cops aren't AS annoying as in GTAV so they can actually enjoy their freeroam experience! People get annoyed by underwhelming and inconsistent vehicle damage, which was never the case with San Andreas (and i'm not talking about how it looked! I'm talking about "consistency"!) People get annoyed by the fact we cannot drive trains, access most of the interiors and buy safhouses, that actually have fully detailed interiors (no matter how copy-paste they are!), because lets be honest a lot of us would like to have being able to obtain and enter safehouses on the first place, even though we know that most of them would be copy-paste job! We know it and we still WANT it, because having something as an option is much better than not having it at all! I can go on and on! Plus we could do cop missions, firefighter missions and even pimping missions! We could do trucking, quarry working, valet parking, courier and many other stuff, that i didn't mention! Oh wait its not the case with V right?...yup...thats it folks!...

when i play gta v with cops, i get so f*cking mad :p they are not hard , they are just so f*cking anoying

wasnt anoying in past gtas

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

Although my favorites games are games that came out in like 2002-2005 I totally agree, some people need to stop living in the past and enjoy what the current gen has to offer (which is almost over) instead of constantly expecting the new games to be like the ones released years ago... games change and get improved, SA improved over VC, IV improved over SA and V improved over IV... of course there always some rare cases where sequels are not as good as prior games but I can guarantee that GTA is not one of those cases 

killuminaughtydog
  • killuminaughtydog

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

Ima say gta v. It's clearly the best one. San Andreas and vice city are fantastic, I would go as far to say that I had more fun with the old ones. But the fact is, I was a kid with a far greater imagination, making games like you story 2 and bugs life awesome games when they were clearly crap. GTA V is te greatest one without question, kids playing this now will feel the way we do about San Andreas in 8 years

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:40 PM Edited by bish0p2004, 06 October 2013 - 11:41 PM.

Goddamn some gamers are annoying. People post their favorite game and it just so happens to be an older one, yet still some idiots have to come in and tell them that they are wrong, or it's just nostalgia or some other bs.

Not everyone likes the same crap as you. Get over it and move on.

Anyways, I still prefer SA. It's dated, but I had more fun with it at the time than I did playing VI and V. 3 cities and lots of entertaining free roam activities make this a tough game to beat.

marizzocos
  • marizzocos

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:41 PM Edited by marizzocos, 06 October 2013 - 11:44 PM.

IV had much less stuff than SA and still is great so what you just said is bullsh*t besides all you say is bullsh*t because all you do is cry about V Gtfo kid if you want ro hate on this masterpiece go to a SR forum

Dodgers2013Champs
  • Dodgers2013Champs

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

San Andreas Hands Down

Zupexqt
  • Zupexqt

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

Vice will always be my favorite.

Three was amazing and introduced us to things we never thought possible in a game, Vice took that and made a refined and awesome product. Whilst San Andreas had more to do and was even more refined, it wasn't as impacting on me at its time of launch. I think having played the other two to death before San Andreas caused me to not get into it as much.

I also just liked the atmosphere of vice, would love a remake.

• -inVADER- likes this

stockwiz
  • stockwiz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:00 AM Edited by stockwiz, 07 October 2013 - 01:07 AM.

San Andreas. Besides the number of missions I get addicted to gang wars, any mission involving flying, and getting all gold medals in the flying and motorcycle schools. Then you have the vehicle lists, hospital and police missions (using a tank for the police missions) .. fire missions, the jetpack, the hunter, and all sorts of other varied fun stuff.

These forums remind me of the IMDB forums. Any time someone comes around to make criticisms of a movie that they like, it's troll city.. mostly related to crapping on people's "lack of sophistication in appreciating a work of art" among other crap. It's quite amusing to read... like the board is full of high schoolers or something. :)

I'll come out and say it.. gaming has gone downhill since crysis. Now there have been some gems like Skyrim but on the PC gaming front things have gone downhill, controls have simplified, basically everything dumbed down. Not saying GTA V isn't good though just because it lacks some of what San Andreas had.. things aren't all black and white in the world. The new consoles are a much needed breath of fresh air... and I should add.. PC users pirating have partly themselves to blame for the destruction of PC gaming... corporations don't appreciate stolen work.

Also it seems like people would rather play low res stuff on their phones than invest in real  gaming gear.. so the market has spoken. Be glad they can put out hardware as powerful as the PS4 at a price point that can gather sales thus we get better games.

Cd90
  • Cd90

Wut u wunt boiiii

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:40 AM

Saints Row IV is the best GTA game I've played.

The realism of the game astounds me. 

The in-depth story makes me cry every time. :cry: . 

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

I want a GTA with the best of GTA:SA, GTA IV and GTA V together. Until then I can't say one.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

GTA Vice City, easily. 

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:52 AM Edited by Official General, 07 October 2013 - 01:58 AM.

It is still Vice City for me. Here is why :

* Vice City itself. The city looked stunning, the atmosphere was amazing. It felt so good to just be there, especially at night. The dangerous areas were indeed dangerous, there were random, crazy gun battles in the streets in wars between rival gangs. 

* Tommy Vercetti was a brilliant protagonist. He had such a ruthless character combined with a murderous instinct, no-nonsense attitude and some dark humor. Other supporting characters were epic and memorable also. 

* The storyline was excellent. There was not one part of the storyline that was boring, too long and drawn-out. I was gripped from the beginning to the end. The missions were just pure fun and fireworks, and that final showdown at the mansion was the perfect end to such a great story.

* The theme was great too. Rising to the top of the VC underworld felt so good, I really felt like I was the supreme crime boss of the city. The drug business, Hispanic drug cartels, Mafia, gangs, shady businessmen, corrupt politicians, and gang wars all added greatly to it, it was perfect GTA material. 

* I loved the huge variety of gameplay. You could buy and own business and properties, make money from them, you could rob stores for money, and still do other stuff like assassinations, minor side activities and side missions. Plus there was that major bank job too. No other GTA has yet to offer such a wide variety of stuff like that relative to it's size like Vice City. 

• -inVADER- likes this

grandtheftchronic
  • grandtheftchronic

Grand Thief Toker

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:00 AM

Ahhhh this topic. It gets brought up every so often, its nice to refresh. By far would be vice city. Idk if it was my age or what, but when Ifirst saw commercials for it Iwanted it so bad but my dad heard there were prostitutes and said no. I convinced him gta lll had no hookers, he bought it, and fell inlove. But when Ifinally got my hands on vc, Iwas blown away. As scarface was my favorite movie and my dad always watched miami vice Ijust fit right in.

Zroovy
  • Zroovy

Sharp and heartless

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

1. San Andreas, i played it for years, a real and a unique masterpiece.

2. GTA IV, i really liked the city, the story and the realism, and the multiplayer was not bad.

3. GTA V, a gta in hd with more vehicles, the story was meh and the online is crappy(the whole system, not just for servers errors), really overrated, anyway can be fun.

4. Chinatown wars, i really liked the drugs trade system.

5. Vice City, dunno, i just don't like it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users