Photo

Am I a bad sport for this?

141 replies to this topic
bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

He killed you for a legitimate reason; to claim a bounty. You retaliate and kill him as revenge? Fine, but to keep killing him "25-30 times"? No, that's what douchebags do.

i agree with this... he took about 2k from you... you must have takenm over 30k+ from him... your an asshole and if i see you in game... im taking you down.. sorry but i cant stand people like you... he was doing what we was supposed to.. you had a bounty on you.., he took it... you just went fking apesh*t and massacred him for all the money he had.

Glennvf
  • Glennvf

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

Allright nothing against the topic creator or anyone here, But howcome i never end up in a server with people that does not blast first and ask questions second?.. i dont think i have met 1 player who is truly friendly... but i must admig.. hunting the CoD players down for revenge is great fun.

• UltimateVenom likes this

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:26 PM Edited by giraffeboy, 06 October 2013 - 10:28 PM.

LOL at turn the other cheek. Someone kills me cos I've got a bounty on me, and I'm supposed to say "ok fair play I deserved it?" F*ck that, a bounty ain't a pass for a free kill. If you kill someone, expect retribution. He got retribution 30 times up the ass. You dealt with it well my friend.

• THE DRAGOON and Subliminal123456 like this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

Allright nothing against the topic creator or anyone here, But howcome i never end up in a server with people that does not blast first and ask questions second?.. i dont think i have met 1 player who is truly friendly... but i must admig.. hunting the CoD players down for revenge is great fun.

A lot of people are paranoid online. It happens when you're standing alone, minding your business and someone who just got online comes up and blasts you with a sawed-off. You quickly become isolated by choice and shoot anyone within 'x' amount of feet.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:26 PM Edited by bloodblossom, 06 October 2013 - 10:28 PM.

He killed you for a legitimate reason; to claim a bounty. You retaliate and kill him as revenge? Fine, but to keep killing him "25-30 times"? No, that's what douchebags do.

He made me lose some good money. I made him lose all his money. 

It's not exactly fair, but it's a respect thing. 

Respect? You've shown no reason for anyone to respect you. You just admitted to basically griefing a guy for killing you over a bounty. You lost $2,100, killing him as revenge would've been compensation enough, as he would've lost $2,000 for medical bills and at least $100 for the death. But instead, you decide to kill him 25+ times, amounting to over $50,000 in lost money.

Oh, for sh*t's sake. I've shown respect to anyone who passes me. Know how? I don't bug them. They don't bug me. It's equal. Even my friends, when they mess with them, I'm fairly sure my friends are skilled enough to handle it themselves. And they usually do. But this guy played stupid. 

He hit me, and my friend. He took our bounties, took money from it, and he got money from our dead bodies. Then he was stupid enough to reveal his location, giving us time to do some serious revenge.  

He probably did lose all his cash, and for that I'm glad. And before you say, wouldn't you think it's a bit extreme if I was in his situation? I wouldn't be. I'm not stupid enough to get caught, and nor am I dumb enough to mess with people when you can easily hear them talking like friends on the mic, or you see they have the same damn crew tag. 

If he would've played it smart, he could've easily gotten away. He could've gotten the money from the bounty, took off in his car and ditched the area, or even the server if he wanted to play the coward's game. But no, he did the stupid thing. He got out of his car, shot me when it was rolled over, and then ran over to my dead body to get that extra 100, giving my friend time to catch up.  

Don't f*ck with people who don't f*ck with you. Simple. 

Yes, you're a badass. Someone who shouldn't be f*cked with ever. Killing him 25+ times was completely justified and necessary for you losing $2,100. He deserved to lose $50,000+ for claiming a bounty.

Did I claim I'm a bad ass? No. I'm claiming I took down someone who got cheap shots in. I know there's better than me. I'm nothing special in the game. Do I like to think I'm good? You're damn right. I want to be on the leader boards, at least in the top 10 at some point, and I feel at one point I shall make it there. 

Do I think I'm a total bad ass? Nope. Not yet, at least. I mean, my current inventory is a pistol, a combat pistol, and a sawed off shot gun. I didn't even upgrade my guns yet. I just have good aim. That's really all it came down to. 

Also, how I take revenge is how I take revenge. If you think it's justified to kill a person once, and let them go, letting them run free thinking they won't do the same thing twice? That's on you. You should send a message. Let them know to not target you again. Don't be an asshole, and try to get 5000, and then try to sneak around and get the extra 100. That's where he slipped up. By also being greedy.  

So yeah, I think this is justified. And maybe I actually taught him something in the process. Get what you get, and go. He got 5000, but as said, he decided to be greedy. Look what happened. 

so... this is all because he took 100$? wtf is your problem.. i can get that from killing a single npc... god damn your nuts.

people like you are the reason this world is a god damned sh*thole and governments are fking the world over...

Sawlstone
  • Sawlstone

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

Meh if I get killed over 3 times by the same person. I log out and start a new session. There are more asshats out there to meet then just you OP.

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

i agree with this... he took about 2k from you... you must have takenm over 30k+ from him... your an asshole and if i see you in game... im taking you down.. sorry but i cant stand people like you... he was doing what we was supposed to.. you had a bounty on you.., he took it... you just went fking apesh*t and massacred him for all the money he had.

Oh, I confidently welcome your challenge. Isn't my PSN right on my tag?  You should be able to find it on my profile. Please, do see me. Fact of the matter is, I haven't messed with anyone unless they shoot first. 

He didn't need to come after me, but he did. He went after me, and my friend. But he didn't stop. Infact, he could've just walked away from the first bounty he got from my friend. But no, he hid his blip, chased me down, killed me, then wasted more time to get an extra 100.  

And you're damn right. He's broke now. And I'm loving the fact he is. You think he would've stop if I just killed him and let him go? Do you honestly think that? If I just shot him once, and walked away letting him respawn, you think he would've let me go? 

AFG RUS
  • AFG RUS

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

He got shot once for a legit reason a bounty well I guess douches will be douches

You are a ten year old little fa**ot how did you even get the game hey look at us we have a crew full of 10 year old fags that get butthurt from getting killed in a gta game btw using auto aim takes no skill

So it is ok if you have the drop on unsuspecting players, in a "hey, it`s a free game! You carebears need to PvP" and shoot the same player 50 times, but when said players shoots you 50 times, it is suddenly a "ten year old little fa**ot", huh?

Funny logic you have there, partner...

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

Normally, me and my crew/group of friends don't mess with anyone. Not too violent, but yesterday there was a bounty on our heads from an NPC, I think. 

Mine was worth 5000, my friend had one for 1000. I was heading into the Sandy Shores/ Desert area to ty and find the motorcycle I've been after. I remember my friend got shot, and I wasn't really worried. Day in GTA was about to end. Some guy, literally out of f*cking no where, no icon, nothing, appeared right next to me and slammed into my vehicle, shooting me before I could get the chance.  

Alright, I was pissed. So was my friend, I think we were on friends & crew only mic chat? Maybe not. I'm pretty sure he could hear us. We taunted and scared the hell out of the bastard. My friend, his friend, and me all got this guy ontop of the hills near the wind mills, and just started blasting him. Like, nonstop. 

Basically, because not only did this guy get 5000, and 1000 from the other bounty apparently. He also got 100 from my dead body, and made me pay like 2000 for a hospital bill? Hell with that. We killed him MULTIPLE times. I mean, f*cking nonstop. He had to die almost near 25-30 times. He was good, but he only killed us like twice. He tried to run, and we still took him down. 

I guess that's kind of a bad sport? Like I said, I don't usually mess with anyone in the game unless they start something first. I didn't get a bad sport point, I just want to know what you all thought. 

I can already tell some people are going to throw out insults, I relatively don't mind. I don't feel bad. I'd do the same thing if I remembered his PSN and he was in the server, I'd get the group together just to kick his ass some more until he disconnects again.  

Hope that bounty claim was worth it in the long run. 

That isn't being a bad sport.

That's revenge, and he could've exited and rejoined another lobby.

He attacked you and failed.

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

LOL at turn the other cheek. Someone kills me cos I've got a bounty on me, and I'm supposed to say "ok fair play I deserved it?" F*ck that, a bounty ain't a pass for a free kill. If you kill someone, expect retribution. He got retribution 30 times up the ass. You dealt with it well my friend.

Agreed with this. 

"Doing what he was supposed to." He could've went on and minded his own business like I planned on doing. We all could've been happy, but no. sh*t had to go down. 

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

i agree with this... he took about 2k from you... you must have takenm over 30k+ from him... your an asshole and if i see you in game... im taking you down.. sorry but i cant stand people like you... he was doing what we was supposed to.. you had a bounty on you.., he took it... you just went fking apesh*t and massacred him for all the money he had

And then he'll come after you 30 times too, I wonder who'll quit first?

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

i agree with this... he took about 2k from you... you must have takenm over 30k+ from him... your an asshole and if i see you in game... im taking you down.. sorry but i cant stand people like you... he was doing what we was supposed to.. you had a bounty on you.., he took it... you just went fking apesh*t and massacred him for all the money he had

And then he'll come after you 30 times too, I wonder who'll quit first?

Preeeeettty much.

Mike Haddrick
  • Mike Haddrick

Not your favorite poster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

For me, I'm kinda like the guy who came after for you for a extra 100.

Times are tough in the ghetto.

Abed Nadir
  • Abed Nadir

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

So to sum it up, you and your mate got jumped by this one guy. But you couldn't handle it and got angry, called all your crew for back up, for just one guy. 

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:45 PM Edited by SideburnGuru, 06 October 2013 - 10:47 PM.

So to sum it up, you and your mate got jumped by this one guy. But you couldn't handle it and got angry, called all your crew for back up, for just one guy. 

"Called all your crew." 
Did you even read the original post, or are you just a bit on the slow side?  

It was three people. One of the people involved wasn't in my crew. It was me, who he killed. My friend, who was also in my crew that he killed. And my friend's friend, who I don't know and isn't in the crew. 

I didn't invite the third guy, he went with the second guy. That's it. 

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

This is exactly what I do. Somebody wants to go out of their way to kill me, then I'll do the same to them.. over and over and over.

• THE DRAGOON likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

Aren`t you a peach now?

So, he has to turn the other cheek and kill him once, is that it? Why? As everybody around here says "It`s a free game - you are supposed to kill players". So why shouldn`t he teach that particular player a lesson like "If you mess with the bull you get the horns"? Why shouldn`t they establish that their crew is not to be f*cked with and give him a PROPER lesson, so he`ll remember for years to come?

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

Getting revenge is cool but killing him over and over and over and over is just taking the piss.

The game has a legitimate bounty system and he was just trying to use it. Personally Ida killed him twice to get the 1 up, reduce his bounty profit to a G and then kept it moving.

What you did is the action of a spoilt hyper active child who goes ape sh*t when the smallest little thing doesn't go his way.

• Omar Comin and M210F like this

Hallgarth
  • Hallgarth

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

I don't get why people are so mad at the OP. The guy collected a bounty and took a risk with a second. That risk proved to be his undoing. He could have easily changed to another freeroam session.

I myself dislike the whole freeroam as a deathmatch thing and prefer not to go around shooting everyone. However, If there's a guy with a bounty on him, I'll go after him, kill him and get out of there. If he catches me up later and kills me, fine. If he does it more than once, then I leave. Simple as that.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:05 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 06 October 2013 - 11:13 PM.

Getting revenge is cool but killing him over and over and over and over is just taking the piss.

The game has a legitimate bounty system and he was just trying to use it. Personally Ida killed him twice to get the 1 up, reduce his bounty profit to a G and then kept it moving.

What you did is the action of a spoilt hyper active child who goes ape sh*t when the smallest little thing doesn't go his way.

There`s nothing in the world that teaches us better than a bigger stick. Today the bounty hunter didn`t have the bigger stick.

In all honesty, try to tresspass the crazy neighbor`s property and see what will happen :) . That can apply in here as well - you decide to shoot a player, expecting said player to shoot back. You can end up biting more than you can chew. What follows next is entirely your fault... 

It`s like going to Texas, tresspass the town`s hillbilly`s property, spit on his boot and expect he`ll call the police rather than administer you a good ole honest to God beating...with his 8 cousins... and 10 friends... over 3 days straight... 

• THE DRAGOON likes this

toybasher
  • toybasher

Cute Anthromorphic Skunk

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:13 PM Edited by toybasher, 06 October 2013 - 11:15 PM.

You're lucky.

I Lost a bounty of 9000 because players always track me down, kill me endlessly (At least 20 times in a row I'm sadly horrible enough at most games I'm ususally kicked for "Wasting a slot") Yell at me over the mic to go f*ck myself, or kill myself, then kick me from the server :(

Ps3 user over here, you know a group of pals I could link up with who are judgment free because the servers I'm playing on are full of complete douches.

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:14 PM Edited by Juzt, 06 October 2013 - 11:15 PM.

There`s nothing in the world that teaches us better than a bigger stick. Today the bounty hunter didn`t have the bigger stick.

In all honesty, try to tresspass the crazy neighbor`s property and see what will happen :) . That can apply in here as well - you decide to shoot a player, expecting said player to shoot back. You can end up biting more than you can chew. What follows next is entirely your fault... 

------------------------------------------------

I noticed you didn't  say normal or just neighbor's.

This is why I say his actions aren't of a normal grown up. nvm the ridiculous levels of maliciousness over a game to kill him 30 something times. Somethings also wrong with you to not get extremely bored after the first 10 or so revenge kills (Max)

Over kill to the extreme.

I picture this guy sat behind his controller laughing like some deranged maniac, the revenge means that much to him.

But that's just my own personal opinion.

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

Thanks for the support and understanding, peeps. I figured I'd get some complaints here and there, but seems like most people get the basic idea. 

You're lucky.

I Lost a bounty of 9000 because players always track me down, kill me endlessly (At least 20 times in a row) Yell at me over the mic to go f*ck myself, or kill myself, then kick me from the server :(

Ps3 user over here, you know a group of pals I could link up with because the servers I'm playing on are full of complete douches.

My crew is The Symbiote Bandits. We're nothing special, only got like 20 members who barely communicate. Only got 20 due to a Deadpool page on Facebook sharing us because he liked the idea. 

Add me on PSN, and just play a server with me! If you ever get a bounty, just hide out at my house. You should be fine. I'm not going to promise 100 percent protection. But I can promise I'll help ya when I can, and if we're on the same server.

Subliminal123456
  • Subliminal123456

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

tbh anyone taking 25 beatings and losing all his paper in one session actually deserves to for being so stupid, it's not as if the OP followed the dude around R* cloud from session to session lol. The bounty hunter could have changed session when he was 1 up!!!

Only thing I don't get is how the f*uck do you hide your blip?

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

tbh anyone taking 25 beatings and losing all his paper in one session actually deserves to for being so stupid, it's not as if the OP followed the dude around R* cloud from session to session lol. The bounty hunter could have changed session when he was 1 up!!!

Lester allows you to do it.

Schweppez
  • Schweppez

just some nut

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

You realize it was going to happen sooner or later if there was a bounty on your heads.  Just because you don't go after bounties doesn't mean others won't as well.  Your logic is dumb as f*ck, I'm sorry.

It sounds like you take the game way too seriously if this what "revenge" means to you.  That guy killing both of you was not personal, period.  If you can't accept that, then you're in for a rude awakening because bounties are easy cash and it's going to happen every time.

It's strictly business.

• M210F likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:28 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 06 October 2013 - 11:29 PM.

I noticed you didn't  say normal or just neighbor's.

This is why I say his actions aren't of a normal grown up. nvm the ridiculous levels of maliciousness over a game to kill him 30 something times. Somethings also wrong with you to not get extremely bored after the first 10 or so revenge kills (Max)

Over kill to the extreme.

I picture this guy sat behind his controller laughing like some deranged maniac, the revenge means that much to him.

But that's just my own personal opinion.

Semantics.

I can have a good day and you are the first to kill me... I might or might not return fire.

I can also have a bad day, with cloud saves not working and you are the 56th wanna-be gansta` that shoots me unprovoked, bounty or no bounty. You might just be the lucky one to get the full payment of 55 wanna-be gangsta`s worth of led.

But remember... you shot first.

AR700SAW
  • AR700SAW

Snitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

Perhaps he went for the extra $100 thinking you might have more on you from not storing it?

I personally wouldn't have killed him so many times (I think), but you're completely justified for it. He should've just left the server, it takes 5 seconds to start the switch to singleplayer and keep your cash from the bounties.

• THE DRAGOON likes this

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

He was just trying to make paper. I hate it when I kill people with bounty's and they put one on me. Its nothing personal, bro. 

This. Bounties aren't personal.

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

So.. because someone can't handle having a bounty on their head and players after them, the person getting ganged up on for claiming the bounty is stupid?

People seem to think they own "servers" or areas of a game these days, and that they can bully people off if they don't like how things are.

Truthfully OP, you were playing like an asshole, I can understand two or three kills, but yeah, 25-30 because this player killed you guys for a bounty (a mechanic in the game) is being bratty, and being a griefer, and is essentially what bad sport is made of.

• Schweppez, dethbiker and M210F like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users