Photo

Am I a bad sport for this?

141 replies to this topic
SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:10 PM Edited by SideburnGuru, 06 October 2013 - 09:14 PM.

Normally, me and my crew/group of friends don't mess with anyone. Not too violent, but yesterday there was a bounty on our heads from an NPC, I think. 

Mine was worth 5000, my friend had one for 1000. I was heading into the Sandy Shores/ Desert area to ty and find the motorcycle I've been after. I remember my friend got shot, and I wasn't really worried. Day in GTA was about to end. Some guy, literally out of f*cking no where, no icon, nothing, appeared right next to me and slammed into my vehicle, shooting me before I could get the chance.  

Alright, I was pissed. So was my friend, I think we were on friends & crew only mic chat? Maybe not. I'm pretty sure he could hear us. We taunted and scared the hell out of the bastard. My friend, his friend, and me all got this guy ontop of the hills near the wind mills, and just started blasting him. Like, nonstop. 

Basically, because not only did this guy get 5000, and 1000 from the other bounty apparently. He also got 100 from my dead body, and made me pay like 2000 for a hospital bill? Hell with that. We killed him MULTIPLE times. I mean, f*cking nonstop. He had to die almost near 25-30 times. He was good, but he only killed us like twice. He tried to run, and we still took him down. 

I guess that's kind of a bad sport? Like I said, I don't usually mess with anyone in the game unless they start something first. I didn't get a bad sport point, I just want to know what you all thought. 

I can already tell some people are going to throw out insults, I relatively don't mind. I don't feel bad. I'd do the same thing if I remembered his PSN and he was in the server, I'd get the group together just to kick his ass some more until he disconnects again.  

Hope that bounty claim was worth it in the long run. 

• NADOLNY and kevswans like this

piyf
  • piyf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

Cool story

• chainsoar likes this

EllenPage-Mathers
  • EllenPage-Mathers

Ellen Page <3

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

You're a c*nt.

• chainsoar likes this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

You're a c*nt.

Yeah, but I'm a c*nt who got revenge and probably made the guy who got the bounty off me lose all his cash.

I'm just saying, you really shouldn't come after people who didn't do anything to you yet, just to claim a small bounty. You don't know what the hell they'll do. Hopefully, that player learned something from it. 

• cksiz likes this

JohnnM96
  • JohnnM96

<a href="http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/"&g

• Members

He was just trying to make paper. I hate it when I kill people with bounty's and they put one on me. Its nothing personal, bro. 

• wallpaper42 likes this

amazingxx
  • amazingxx

Square Civilian

• Members

We need more people like you.

• SideburnGuru likes this

EllenPage-Mathers
  • EllenPage-Mathers

Ellen Page <3

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:14 PM Edited by EllenPage-Mathers, 06 October 2013 - 09:14 PM.

Not going to lie, I always kill anyone who has a bounty on them, this just makes me want to kill anyone who puts a bounty on me, then hide in an apartment till my bounty is over.

• AmpdVodka likes this

gregory9000
  • gregory9000

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

i honestly hope that you void your bowels tonight as you sleep.

• ImBoss450 and chainsoar like this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

He was just trying to make paper. I hate it when I kill people with bounty's and they put one on me. Its nothing personal, bro. 

f*ck that bounty system. It's cool, but won't see me using it. If I want a player dead, I'll do it myself. 

That was about revenge, that's all. Nothing personal my ass.Like, seriously though. You're going to claim 5k off me, take 100 from my dead body, and then make me pay about 2k or something around that from hospital bills? He had that coming. Strongly. 

EllenPage-Mathers
  • EllenPage-Mathers

Ellen Page <3

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

He had it coming for using something you get from NPC's too.

Okay then!

• chainsoar likes this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

He had it coming for using something you get from NPC's too.

Okay then!

Look, all I'm saying is. He took down my friend who didn't do sh*t to him. He took down me. He made me lose money, he f*cking hid his icon so I wouldn't even see him coming. He seemed prepared, but he wasn't that prepped. 

All I'm saying is, you shouldn't go after people unless you know damn well they aren't preppared to take down your ass. Only way he got me too is when he slammed his vehicle into mine, and started shooting like crazy while I was flipped over. 

FearTheAmish
  • FearTheAmish

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:18 PM Edited by FearTheAmish, 06 October 2013 - 09:20 PM.

I get my kicks from hunting people down i usually only kill them once but im upto 88 player kills currently and haven't gotten any bad boy messages. Think its just quiting games and blowing up personal vehicles, also you can shoot their tires out while parked without any.

Rolling with a crew and hiding your dot's in a helio then shooting them through the roof of the car with a sniper rifle is my new favorite hunting tactic. Its like a big game safari in the city.

SaintsRow3
  • SaintsRow3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

You got revenge, nothing wrong with that imo.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

Haven't gotten any bad player reports either. Can't really call me a bad player, this is the only thing I've truly done that's suggestively "wrong". 

You got revenge, nothing wrong with that imo.

Some serious revenge. 

EllenPage-Mathers
  • EllenPage-Mathers

Ellen Page <3

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

You asked if you were bad, then you answer your own question.

IDK why this is so irritating to me, it's your game.

Duncan96
  • Duncan96

Honest Joe

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

I personally don't think that you overstepped your 'rights'. Just yesterday I was driving around with my friend, then some guy falls out out of the sky, literally, and starts murdering us. We were buying masks in Vespucci and we got blasted. Then I lost it and started killing him over and over. I just hate it when people decide to kill you repeatedly over and over. Oh, and we stepped out of ammu-nation and got blasted by his sticky.

polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

I hide in my apartment whenever someone puts bounties on me. I love claiming that 7 grand for myself. :)

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

I hide in my apartment whenever someone puts bounties on me. I love claiming that 7 grand for myself. :)

I didn't think anyone was honestly going to do anything. I knew there was a risk, but no one on the map was showing at the area I was heading or I would've went to my 80k apartment. But no one was out there, and the day was almost over. It pissed me off. So much. 

I personally don't think that you overstepped your 'rights'. Just yesterday I was driving around with my friend, then some guy falls out out of the sky, literally, and starts murdering us. We were buying masks in Vespucci and we got blasted. Then I lost it and started killing him over and over. I just hate it when people decide to kill you repeatedly over and over. Oh, and we stepped out of ammu-nation and got blasted by his sticky.

Damn dude, I feel you. 

Like, my friend who is also the second founder of our crew and me were out in the desert. Some guy named Psycho.. something with a red hockey mask was after us. This guy was persistant. We didn't even kill hi- wait, yeah we did. But only when we needed to. We tried to leave him behind, but he ended up chasing us in his vehicle, so we hoped in the lake near the darts area, and he tried to swim after us. Lmao, funny as hell because I knocked the dude out underwater. He then proceeded to drive out, we thought we lost him, so as we swam to the other side of the lake, we hear a heli. This boy came back, no guns on the heli, tried to land it and before he got out we blasted him. My friend piloted it, and I got in. Started up right before he started shooting to get it back, and we went right back to the city. 

I texted him "Thanks for heli. Cheers.". He rage quit right after that, funny as hell lmao. 

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

Normally, me and my crew/group of friends don't mess with anyone. Not too violent, but yesterday there was a bounty on our heads from an NPC, I think. 

Mine was worth 5000, my friend had one for 1000. I was heading into the Sandy Shores/ Desert area to ty and find the motorcycle I've been after. I remember my friend got shot, and I wasn't really worried. Day in GTA was about to end. Some guy, literally out of f*cking no where, no icon, nothing, appeared right next to me and slammed into my vehicle, shooting me before I could get the chance.  

Alright, I was pissed. So was my friend, I think we were on friends & crew only mic chat? Maybe not. I'm pretty sure he could hear us. We taunted and scared the hell out of the bastard. My friend, his friend, and me all got this guy ontop of the hills near the wind mills, and just started blasting him. Like, nonstop. 

Basically, because not only did this guy get 5000, and 1000 from the other bounty apparently. He also got 100 from my dead body, and made me pay like 2000 for a hospital bill? Hell with that. We killed him MULTIPLE times. I mean, f*cking nonstop. He had to die almost near 25-30 times. He was good, but he only killed us like twice. He tried to run, and we still took him down. 

I guess that's kind of a bad sport? Like I said, I don't usually mess with anyone in the game unless they start something first. I didn't get a bad sport point, I just want to know what you all thought. 

I can already tell some people are going to throw out insults, I relatively don't mind. I don't feel bad. I'd do the same thing if I remembered his PSN and he was in the server, I'd get the group together just to kick his ass some more until he disconnects again.  

Hope that bounty claim was worth it in the long run. 

I asked a question before the game was launched what will happen if I decide to be a vengeful individual to a griefer... I guess this game is based on "turn the other cheek" crap. You can`t use rightful vengeance and then some to someone, without being perceived as said someone.  I don`t like this very much but meh... at least they get bad sport and stay away of the general population...

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

He killed you for a legitimate reason; to claim a bounty. You retaliate and kill him as revenge? Fine, but to keep killing him "25-30 times"? No, that's what douchebags do.

• _KC, crisissasix, ImBoss450 and 2 others like this

wamuzu
  • wamuzu

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

He killed you for a legitimate reason; to claim a bounty. You retaliate and kill him as revenge? Fine, but to keep killing him "25-30 times"? No, that's what douchebags do.

• crisissasix and ImBoss450 like this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

He made me lose some good money. I made him lose all his money. 

It's not exactly fair, but it's a respect thing. 

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:10 PM Edited by Vlynor, 06 October 2013 - 10:10 PM.

Respect? You've shown no reason for anyone to respect you. You just admitted to basically griefing a guy for killing you over a bounty. You lost $2,100, killing him as revenge would've been compensation enough, as he would've lost $2,000 for medical bills and at least $100 for the death. But instead, you decide to kill him 25+ times, amounting to over $50,000 in lost money.

• ImBoss450 and M210F like this

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

The guy had no obligation to stay in the server with 2 people coming after him. He would have left if he wasn't at least somewhat enjoying it.

polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

I didn't think anyone was honestly going to do anything. I knew there was a risk, but no one on the map was showing at the area I was heading or I would've went to my 80k apartment. But no one was out there, and the day was almost over. It pissed me off. So much. 

Damn dude, I feel you. 

Like, my friend who is also the second founder of our crew and me were out in the desert. Some guy named Psycho.. something with a red hockey mask was after us. This guy was persistant. We didn't even kill hi- wait, yeah we did. But only when we needed to. We tried to leave him behind, but he ended up chasing us in his vehicle, so we hoped in the lake near the darts area, and he tried to swim after us. Lmao, funny as hell because I knocked the dude out underwater. He then proceeded to drive out, we thought we lost him, so as we swam to the other side of the lake, we hear a heli. This boy came back, no guns on the heli, tried to land it and before he got out we blasted him. My friend piloted it, and I got in. Started up right before he started shooting to get it back, and we went right back to the city. 

I texted him "Thanks for heli. Cheers.". He rage quit right after that, funny as hell lmao. 

Also, for the record, I think what you did was downright hilarious (if a little excessive :p) and you were entirely within your rights to do it. I've done similar things. I'd be driving along, see a guy that appears to be afk, so I got out, did the salute, got back in my car to drive off and he whips out his SMG and kills me. Steals my car, drives off with it. I stalk him, and crash into the back of his car so hard that he dies. Or I just shoot them. Whichever mood strikes me.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

Respect? You've shown no reason for anyone to respect you. You just admitted to basically griefing a guy for killing you over a bounty. You lost $2,100, killing him as revenge would've been compensation enough, as he would've lost $2,000 for medical bills and at least $100 for the death. But instead, you decide to kill him 25+ times, amounting to over $50,000 in lost money.

Oh, for sh*t's sake. I've shown respect to anyone who passes me. Know how? I don't bug them. They don't bug me. It's equal. Even my friends, when they mess with them, I'm fairly sure my friends are skilled enough to handle it themselves. And they usually do. But this guy played stupid. 

He hit me, and my friend. He took our bounties, took money from it, and he got money from our dead bodies. Then he was stupid enough to reveal his location, giving us time to do some serious revenge.  

He probably did lose all his cash, and for that I'm glad. And before you say, wouldn't you think it's a bit extreme if I was in his situation? I wouldn't be. I'm not stupid enough to get caught, and nor am I dumb enough to mess with people when you can easily hear them talking like friends on the mic, or you see they have the same damn crew tag. 

If he would've played it smart, he could've easily gotten away. He could've gotten the money from the bounty, took off in his car and ditched the area, or even the server if he wanted to play the coward's game. But no, he did the stupid thing. He got out of his car, shot me when it was rolled over, and then ran over to my dead body to get that extra 100, giving my friend time to catch up.  

Don't f*ck with people who don't f*ck with you. Simple. 

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:20 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 06 October 2013 - 10:21 PM.

You are a ten year old little faggot how did you even get the game hey look at us we have a crew full of 10 year old fags that get butthurt from getting killed in a gta game btw using auto aim takes no skill

So it is ok if you have the drop on unsuspecting players, in a "hey, it`s a free game! You carebears need to PvP" and shoot the same player 50 times, but when said players shoots you 50 times, it is suddenly a "ten year old little faggot", huh?

Funny logic you have there, partner...

Pontuzz
  • Pontuzz

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

It's a game. Love the revenge and maby the next time he will prepare more..

Everyone go play eve Haha, gatecamps are plenty and if you lose something it's your own fault.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:21 PM Edited by Vlynor, 06 October 2013 - 10:21 PM.

Oh, for sh*t's sake. I've shown respect to anyone who passes me. Know how? I don't bug them. They don't bug me. It's equal. Even my friends, when they mess with them, I'm fairly sure my friends are skilled enough to handle it themselves. And they usually do. But this guy played stupid. 

He hit me, and my friend. He took our bounties, took money from it, and he got money from our dead bodies. Then he was stupid enough to reveal his location, giving us time to do some serious revenge.  

He probably did lose all his cash, and for that I'm glad. And before you say, wouldn't you think it's a bit extreme if I was in his situation? I wouldn't be. I'm not stupid enough to get caught, and nor am I dumb enough to mess with people when you can easily hear them talking like friends on the mic, or you see they have the same damn crew tag. 

If he would've played it smart, he could've easily gotten away. He could've gotten the money from the bounty, took off in his car and ditched the area, or even the server if he wanted to play the coward's game. But no, he did the stupid thing. He got out of his car, shot me when it was rolled over, and then ran over to my dead body to get that extra 100, giving my friend time to catch up.  

Yes, you're a badass. Someone who shouldn't be f*cked with ever. Killing him 25+ times was completely justified and necessary in retaliation to you losing $2,100. He deserved to lose $50,000+ for claiming a bounty.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Yes, you're a badass. Someone who shouldn't be f*cked with ever. Killing him 25+ times was completely justified and necessary for you losing $2,100. He deserved to lose $50,000+ for claiming a bounty.

Did I claim I'm a bad ass? No. I'm claiming I took down someone who got cheap shots in. I know there's better than me. I'm nothing special in the game. Do I like to think I'm good? You're damn right. I want to be on the leader boards, at least in the top 10 at some point, and I feel at one point I shall make it there. 

Do I think I'm a total bad ass? Nope. Not yet, at least. I mean, my current inventory is a pistol, a combat pistol, and a sawed off shot gun. I didn't even upgrade my guns yet. I just have good aim. That's really all it came down to. 

Also, how I take revenge is how I take revenge. If you think it's justified to kill a person once, and let them go, letting them run free thinking they won't do the same thing twice? That's on you. You should send a message. Let them know to not target you again. Don't be an asshole, and try to get 5000, and then try to sneak around and get the extra 100. That's where he slipped up. By also being greedy.  

So yeah, I think this is justified. And maybe I actually taught him something in the process. Get what you get, and go. He got 5000, but as said, he decided to be greedy. Look what happened. 

• Subliminal123456 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users