Quantcast

» «
Photo

Question for people with deleted characters!

24 replies to this topic
TCWx
  • TCWx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Have you done any of the following?

Turned your console off or dashboarded without clicking "Leave GTA Online" and returning to single player first?

Progressed without saving when the cloud servers are down without clicking x or square to retry to connect?

Created a temporary character?

Thanks.

Madgaz182
  • Madgaz182

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

I think i may have left the game just by turning xbox off.. but my game saved to the cloud about 5 minutes prior to me leaving.. so surely that could affect it

Skellyhell
  • Skellyhell

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

Playing in a group, doing races, stuck on load screen forever.

we all closed out of game on ps3.

go back in, cloud servers down, come back later, character missing for me but others who also quit out have theirs still there.

have not made a new character since

thegreekman
  • thegreekman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

Same. I dashboarded but I was already doing missions etc before getting off. I only dash boarded because the missions weren't working. But then my character dissapeared

DoYouKnowWhoIAm
  • DoYouKnowWhoIAm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

I leave everytime by going "Leave GTA Online".

Characters still get deleted.. But I keep my money?

rocinante89
  • rocinante89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Playing in a group, doing races, stuck on load screen forever.

we all closed out of game on ps3.

go back in, cloud servers down, come back later, character missing for me but others who also quit out have theirs still there.

have not made a new character since

Exact same situation for me.

Kimixi
  • Kimixi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

The same happened to me!

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

nope. maybe on my first character but not the second. although i might have done that once or twice while dying to keep from paying the death fee for BS reasons but i know the last time i left my character before it disappeared i left normally.

Hazevamp
  • Hazevamp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

I lost my character by creating a new character in my old character's slot. imo, I would just avoid creating a temp character and wait until the servers are back up.  But if you do, you have to be careful not to create them in your character's slot or you will lose them. At least that's what happened to me.

Luftwaffle
  • Luftwaffle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:09 PM Edited by Luftwaffle, 06 October 2013 - 08:10 PM.

No to all, character still deleted. I went to single play from online play through the menu and when I went to get back to online it said servers where down. Refreshed till it let me back in and my character was gone.

I did dashboard but that was when I was in single play trying to fix the servers where down error (my friends where in a game so I thought it was my connection).

TCWx
  • TCWx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

I want to play the game so badly but after hitting level 45 today I don't think I wanna risk it. Might just wait until everything is sorted but how do we know when that will be?

We don't...

xTheShowx
  • xTheShowx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

Same. I even made sure to go to single player mode to exit GTA online to make sure the cloud saved the game. I waited a few minutes after and boom! turned off my system. I always do safe log offs.

azvogt
  • azvogt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

The same happened to me!

Same here

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

I was just about to start a mission. Console froze (right at the point the camera starts to zoom in from above when you begin a mission) so I restarted it. Came back, characters in both slots were gone. 

TCWx
  • TCWx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

I was just about to start a mission. Console froze (right at the point the camera starts to zoom in from above when you begin a mission) so I restarted it. Came back, characters in both slots were gone. 

hmm

Korisselys
  • Korisselys

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

I had a similar situation, i was flying around avoiding ppl because i got a bounty on me. 2 mins before the bounty was over my console froze so i shut it off and came back to a "cloud servers are down" message. Now everytime i try to connect my characters arent even there anymore.

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:35 PM Edited by BioVirus, 06 October 2013 - 08:36 PM.

Turned your console off or dashboarded without clicking "Leave GTA Online" and returning to single player first?

Progressed without saving when the cloud servers are down without clicking x or square to retry to connect?

Thanks.

1) I just completed a Gerald mission, and I was in a Loading screen (the one where you view the city from above and Rockstar gives you pictures with tips on it) when the servers died, which meant I was stuck in there forever.  I waited 30 minutes on that loading screen as I went to fix my lunch, around 11 AM Eastern time Saturday October 5.   The pictures even stopped cycling and just stuck on Lester Crest's picture with the tips about calling him for stuff.  It never loaded.  So I dashboarded finally after 30 minutes, as there are no buttons to press to escape the loading screen.

2) Nope.  My character was working fine for 2 days, and it was obviously saved.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to log out, and come back in the next day.

3) No, no temp characters.

ImFor20
  • ImFor20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

I had the same thing happen to me. I closed out properly and everything though. But signed on this morning to a missing Rank 48 character. Did some google search, and apparently,  your xbox just did not connect to the server correctly so it did not recieve the information about your character. I restarted a couple times and WHAM, my character was back.

Do not create another character! 

disposeablehero
  • disposeablehero

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

Thanks.

STFU idiot, it has nothing to do with what we are doing, it is all rockstars servers.

disposeablehero
  • disposeablehero

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

I had the same thing happen to me. I closed out properly and everything though. But signed on this morning to a missing Rank 48 character. Did some google search, and apparently,  your xbox just did not connect to the server correctly so it did not recieve the information about your character. I restarted a couple times and WHAM, my character was back.

Yep doesnt help, I did all this mine was gone for good. Sometimes it will comeback, sometimes they literally get deleted.

crashbandiqt
  • crashbandiqt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

You can try every method imaginable, characters WILL still get deleted.

It's inevitable.

TCWx
  • TCWx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

Thanks.

STFU idiot, it has nothing to do with what we are doing, it is all rockstars servers.

Calm down, sir. I was merely questioning what decisions people made leading up to their deletion. Clearly it is Rockstars fault but I am just curious about a few things.

ImFor20
  • ImFor20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

Yep doesnt help, I did all this mine was gone for good. Sometimes it will comeback, sometimes they literally get deleted.

To find out if your character is deleted... just check out your profile on the Social Club site and if your character is still there listed as the rank you left it as, your good. If it shows your dude at a Rank 1, imsorry but your starting over ):

Kimixi
  • Kimixi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:14 AM Edited by Kimixi, 09 October 2013 - 10:15 AM.

To find out if your character is deleted... just check out your profile on the Social Club site and if your character is still there listed as the rank you left it as, your good. If it shows your dude at a Rank 1, imsorry but your starting over ):

What about your char is not showing on Social Club but your money is? Also total earned, total spent, races won, etc.

LoneSpektre
  • LoneSpektre

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

I button mashed retry, I was DC from a session once but I always left by going into single player. Also I log in from single player.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users