Quantcast

» «
Photo

I havent gone through a Character deletion problem.

24 replies to this topic
Danny-Vain
  • Danny-Vain

X.X.I.I.I

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

Well the only time I had a character dissapear is when I realised I made him while the cloud was down, But once I could make him on the cloud while everything was working then it hasnt had a problem since then.
I have a theory.
I do not know what you guys who are having these problems are doing.
But when the cloud is down or unable to access GTA Online, I leave it alone untill it starts working again, once it starts working My character is still there. I also use a safety method, Everytime I stop playing Online, I change to single player to make sure it saves. this usually seems to always work, I never just turn off the system while I am still online or quit the game.
Touch wood that it will continue to be okay, but maybe you should try these different methods, Im not saying they will definitively work but it seems to work for me. If it works let me know :)

DaltyFbaby
  • DaltyFbaby

Notorious Drunkard

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

Same here. I unknowingly tried signing in earlier while it was down. Hoping mine returns when it comes back up since it's on my social club page still.

Neoflite
  • Neoflite

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

.., Everytime I stop playing Online, I change to single player to make sure it saves. this usually seems to always work, I never just turn off the system while I am still online or quit the game...

I do this exactly. Never had a character lost (so far).

I also log out when I`m inside my apartement, still have that one as well.

• Danny-Vain likes this

Danny-Vain
  • Danny-Vain

X.X.I.I.I

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

.., Everytime I stop playing Online, I change to single player to make sure it saves. this usually seems to always work, I never just turn off the system while I am still online or quit the game...

I do that now, I just acquired an apartment and I log out when im inside. BTW  It seems to me that taking pics while INSIDE the apartment glitches the game sometimes.

Mr_Snorlax
  • Mr_Snorlax

Sleepy

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Always done it for PS3 since 3rd day of online, also taught my close friends who I do missions with to follow and they all haven't been reset. I'm 41, my other friends are 36 and 23. The only time I got reset was the first cloud downtime I was eager and created a new character in solo monitoring my friends list and mission downloads when it got stuck and timed out I always wait till it comes back.

FeelsBatman
  • FeelsBatman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

I did that too, but I still lost all my characters.

Danny-Vain
  • Danny-Vain

X.X.I.I.I

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

Same here. I unknowingly tried signing in earlier while it was down. Hoping mine returns when it comes back up since it's on my social club page still.

Ive tried signing a few times while it was down, I dont think it will have a problem, I just think as long as you dont make a new character it should be fine.

Luftwaffle
  • Luftwaffle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

FYI. I lost my character in the process of switching from online to single play and back to online. Switching to single play will not protect you.

• FeelsBatman likes this

thegreekman
  • thegreekman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

I had my character on the social club but after I played him and got off, he then disappeared from social club.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

How many of you have actually gotten your character back? Mine got deleted right now when I was trying to join while cloud was down. I still have all my bank cash and my team deathmatch stats are showing up on social club.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

I lost my level five but I didn't really care, this was pre patch!

Now however according to the social club my level 20 is fine thank goodness, just waiting for the servers to come back up so I can get online.

EDDYHarris
  • EDDYHarris

한국어조선말

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Well my stats are here but the problems is when I switch to GTA online I have two slots and when I choose one they give me a random character. I do not know if I should make one what is my solution?

Note I powered down the console when I was playing online but I clearly do not think that my whole character got erased.

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

I lost my level 12 character but I still have my 62k in my bank account. I really don't play it all over again now.

ChuckMorris84
  • ChuckMorris84

Chronic Crabs

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Same as the OP here. Never experienced any issues with character deletion, losing rank/money/property etc. I'm currently level 27 and made around $370,000 since launch so fingers crossed I don't come across these problems anytime soon!
  • Danny-Vain likes this

KaptainMyke
  • KaptainMyke

^^ PSN ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

always go into single player on boot.  push down to switch to online on dpad.  when logging out, quitting, or even when game locks up, sign out of PSN network and it will take you back to single player mode, saving your game.  never had a problem since day 1.

do this and bookmark this, tell your friends, tweet it, bleet it, stalk it, write it down, you like writing things down, right?  do it.  tattoo it on you.  get a post it note.

Luftwaffle
  • Luftwaffle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

always go into single player on boot.  push down to switch to online on dpad.  when logging out, quitting, or even when game locks up, sign out of PSN network and it will take you back to single player mode, saving your game.  never had a problem since day 1.

do this and bookmark this, tell your friends, tweet it, bleet it, stalk it, write it down, you like writing things down, right?  do it.  tattoo it on you.  get a post it note.

I never had a problem either till 2 hours ago, always starting from single player and switching back to it when I left. Still didn't protect me. You think you are safe but you are not. If you play right now, you are at risk regardless of what you do. If you are a high level, do not play until the fix this unless you are ok with replaying.

KaptainMyke
  • KaptainMyke

^^ PSN ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

Conspiracy!   I do not claim luck as I have none.   Something is definitely afoot.  

rdurland
  • rdurland

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

I'm extremely paranoid about saving my games.  In GTA Online I would always switch to a story character to save online progress (only in free roam also by the way, never to cautious) then turn off my system.  Today I log on to see my level 25 gone with all rp and weapons gone as well.  Cash is still there.  I'm hoping rockstar says whether or not this is recoverable tomorrow.

It's seemingly random, not based on how you save.  Only way to avoid it is to avoid GTA Online till the problem is resolved.

I'm preparing for the worst, but I'm hoping that a multinational, multibillion dollar tech based company would not have made as critical an oversight as to not create contingencies for data loss.

ZombieShawn
  • ZombieShawn

BAWSAQ Brawler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

FYI. I lost my character in the process of switching from online to single play and back to online. Switching to single play will not protect you.

same here. :(   and I've learned if you log off when the cloud is down that makes a character vanish.

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

Hoping? You shouldn't be hoping. You really couldn't care less if your character vanished.

Loser_1337
  • Loser_1337

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

Honestly I have had a character delete, and I ALWAYS leave the game the way Rockstar said I should. I think it's just a random bug even if you switch to SP it can happen! I'm happy you haven't gotten deleted yet though OP! It really sucks, but I have just been playing other games or not really doing anything worthwhile in GTA online untill I know it's working properly. I've lost 3 or 4 toons only one I lost cause the game froze on me. All theothers were lost logging out the way R* said is safe, heh.

Luftwaffle
  • Luftwaffle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

I'm extremely paranoid about saving my games.  In GTA Online I would always switch to a story character to save online progress (only in free roam also by the way, never to cautious) then turn off my system.  Today I log on to see my level 25 gone with all rp and weapons gone as well.  Cash is still there.  I'm hoping rockstar says whether or not this is recoverable tomorrow.

It's seemingly random, not based on how you save.  Only way to avoid it is to avoid GTA Online till the problem is resolved.

I'm preparing for the worst, but I'm hoping that a multinational, multibillion dollar tech based company would not have made as critical an oversight as to not create contingencies for data loss.

Most games keep track of players and maintain logs to catch bugs/errors/cheaters. It should be within their capability to manually recreate a character, it all depends if R* is willing to sift through their logs and manually input data.

TimFL
  • TimFL

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

Stopped having any issues after I got past the first race on release day. I usually log off by going SP (to check BAWSAQ shares) but most of the time I simply quit to dashboard or turn off the game right away. No progress lost so far.

You can force your char to save by altering his appearance too (put on glasses or a mask etc.) if you want to be double safe.

Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Well the only time I had a character dissapear is when I realised I made him while the cloud was down, But once I could make him on the cloud while everything was working then it hasnt had a problem since then.
I have a theory.
I do not know what you guys who are having these problems are doing.
But when the cloud is down or unable to access GTA Online, I leave it alone untill it starts working again, once it starts working My character is still there. I also use a safety method, Everytime I stop playing Online, I change to single player to make sure it saves. this usually seems to always work, I never just turn off the system while I am still online or quit the game.
Touch wood that it will continue to be okay, but maybe you should try these different methods, Im not saying they will definitively work but it seems to work for me. If it works let me know :)

I haven't either and I haven't done any of that, I've just played as I would, which is a lot.

MiguelSanchezzz
  • MiguelSanchezzz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:21 PM Edited by MiguelSanchezzz, 06 October 2013 - 09:24 PM.

I think the things you listed are all good ideas and REDUCE the chance of having a character deleted.  However I followed the same rules and still had my character deleted.

I think anyone who happens to be playing while the cloud servers are being sketchy stands a chance of loosing a character.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users