Yeah, totally

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jhrChWpa1LE

• Xerukal likes this

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:40 PM Edited by HoleInTheSky, 06 October 2013 - 10:40 PM.

Only one disadvantage to having a PC version... f*cking none. Aside from pure console gamers will once again be left behind. PC version is a must-have. 

• Fredcat likes this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, cen u gibe me de peprment pls?

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

A few simple reasons why a select group of people do not want V on PC:

• V is most likely going to be poorly optimized.
  • Modding isn't everything for a game. I dunno about you, but when I buy a game, I want it to have good content so I don't have to mod it right away to have fun.
  • People will boast about how V on PC is better than the console version.
  • Lack of support. R* is TERRIBLE at giving support for gaming, especially on PC.
  • People don't want R* to lash back because of week 1 pirates.
  • They can't run the game.

GtaDudeV
  • GtaDudeV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

Rockstar would make enough from pc sales to condone porting it even with all the pirates. Its pretty obvious its coming to pc soon and i cannot wait, Its going to look stunning.

As for the people who don't want to see gta v released on pc, their just retarded, its as simple as that. There's not one reason why anyone would not want it out on pc.

PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Oracle

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

Every reason people can come out with to evade creating a PC version of this masterpiece, is selfish, and generalizing, as its always "because PC Gamers have to learn their lesson on piracy" "because Rockstar got paid by ...." and bahbahbah.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

• Modding isn't everything for a game. I dunno about you, but when I buy a game, I want it to have good content so I don't have to mod it right away to have fun.
  • Lack of support. R* is TERRIBLE at giving support for gaming, especially on PC.

Honestly all I've read on this topic are people who have completely been eaten by stereotypes. 

IV PC was not ported by R* North

Pirating has NOTHING to do with the release. (Stereotype)

Yes people will boast about it.. So what? seriously.
Modding is not everything for a game.. But GTA V implemented mods (R* used their own coding though) that were done for GTA IV PC and its also adds replay-ability to the game.. R* could also add it to Steam Workshop and then people will not get those mods unless they buy it or make someone download them for them.

GTA IV PC also included new exclusive features like (Better textures and of course the amazing Video Editor which could already be implemented to the consoles but they save it for the PC)

Some people on this forum have never played GTA SA! Thus they have no idea of what modding really is or why we want it on PC so bad. (Please note that I own a PS3 and have finished the game and I'm currently making it to 100%)

GranThefTito
  • GranThefTito

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

the console fan boy do not want me just cracking the game inserting detail in youtube in 1 or 2 week

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

It's because their fanboys. Fanboys are pro-developer and anti-consumer. Whenever the fans make demands to the developers for something, the fanboys always try to cockblock the rest of the fanbase from having what they ask for. I'm not a PC gamer, I hate playing games on PC and I've never in my life played a GTA on PC. But never in a million years would I cockblock other fans from getting GTA on PC. Same thing with GTA Online, I'm not a big fan of online multiplayer for GTA. I prefer single player for GTA. But I STILL support the fans who have issues and problems with their GTA Online experience. Why? Because I'm pro-consumer, a "regular" fan, and not a fanboy. The simple concept of supporting "consumer rights" and support other fans having access to game features and functions they demand REGARDLESS if you personally utilize or enjoy those specific features is a concept completely lost on fanboys.

Funny thing is, had Rockstar decided to create GTA V for PC these same fanboys who are so anti-PC would be in favor of it. Every time Rockstar includes a feature in a game they praise them for it, but whenever a feature is left out the fanboys declare that feature to be "stupid", "pointless", or "unneeded" because to them the developers never make mistakes or bad decisions, and the fans are somehow "incapable" or "unworthy" of suggesting any demands or ideas to the developers.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:32 PM Edited by AlasClarin, 06 October 2013 - 11:32 PM.

Max Payne 3 says the contrary, also, that's not a reason to don't want a PC version anyways...

It's good that you don't know nothing about modding, but it's your choice to add mods or not, SO IT DOESN'T MATTER. It's just a lot of options you have with modding, which you don't have on consoles.

That's even a reason ...? If it's better, it's better.

Again, this is not a reason...

There were millions of piracy copys on consoles 3 days before the launch, /fact. f*ck you all with your piracy stupidicy, nobody can't provide real proofs about how piracy affects the industry, it's all assumptions and biased opinions.

Most of gaming PC are more powerful than next-gen consoles, so you say that they won't run the game? :okay:

If you don't know how to build a decent PC, don't blame PC, blame your brain. Also, Steam Machines are coming for you all who doesn't know to build a decent PC.

• Fredcat likes this

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:36 PM Edited by AlasClarin, 06 October 2013 - 11:37 PM.

I hate playing games on PC and I've never in my life played a GTA on PC.

Maybe you didn't have a good gaming PC and you don't know how to get it. Also, if you never played GTA on PC, how can you say you hate it? Do you know that you can use a PS3 or Xbox 360 or a 3rd party controller if you want, right? And that you have better graphics, right? And modding support if you want, right? And more peds, traffic and online players if you want, right? And free online gaming, right?

I can keep going, but I think you get it. It's just retarded to play consoles nowadays, only worth for their exclusives (if you like them).

Steam Machines are a good way to start on PC gaming easily, give them a try when they comes out :)

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

if you want to play gta v get a console. idk why pc players are even here if they have never played the damn game and its always them complaining on these forums cos they are never off their computers

I do have a console, and I still want to see GTA V released on PC and play it. Why? Because there is soo much more that players can offer to the game on PC....Not to mention it running loads better, Offline and Online alike.

With the mess that is GTA Online, Im wanting a PC version to come out more and more.

• UltraGizmo64 and AlasClarin like this

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:01 AM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 07 October 2013 - 12:10 AM.

if you want to play gta v get a console. idk why pc players are even here if they have never played the damn game and its always them complaining on these forums cos they are never off their computers

I do have a console, and I still want to see GTA V released on PC and play it. Why? Because there is soo much more that players can offer to the game on PC....Not to mention it running loads better, Offline and Online alike.

With the mess that is GTA Online, Im wanting a PC version to come out more and more.

Yeah if fans want to play GTA on PC then why stop them even if you play console? I think the issue is deeper than console VS PC. It's really an anti-consumer extremist GTA fanboy VS regular normal GTA fan issue, and the fanboys are using PC VS Console gaming as a proxy to quiet fans from raising their voice. Because like I said, had Rockstar created a PC version of GTA 5 none of those assholes would dare question it because disagreeing with Rockstar is blasphemy to them. I'm a console gamer who doesn't play PC, and even us console GTA fans get resistance from the fanboys whenever we demand features from Rockstar.

For example, us console GTA fans demand more interiors, the fanboys degrade us and tell us that interiors are a stupid waste of time, us console GTA fans demand more properties, the fanboys then criticize us and tell us that properties are a stupid waste of time. Yet back when Rockstar put all those interiors and properties in San Andreas, you didn't hear any of those assholes complaining about how "stupid" those things were. Features are only stupid when Rockstar excludes them and the people demand them. Their mentality is essentially this, "Rockstar limits features for your own good, you're not smart enough to realize what you want and need, so shut up and stop demanding things". It's like the sole purpose of Rockstar fanboys is to STOP fans from having things they want, hold the fanbase hostage, and limit any noise from the consumers. This sh*t is bigger than console-pc, console GTA fans and PC GTA fans should support each other and unite to cancel out these anti-consumer fanboy assholes.

• ISI Wrath, AlasClarin and Fredcat like this

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:43 AM

I'm absolutely bewildered as to why some people don't want GTA 5 for the PC. I'm not trying to start a console/PC war here, but I'm just saying, the PC is a fun platform for GTA games, such as:

*More multiplayer players (32 over 16 in GTA 4)

*Modding capabilities

*Multiple screens

and that's about all I can come up with so far.

just imagine adding Las Venturas and San Fierro + more countryside to the game with mods. F*ckin' awesome!

Both of these is why PC really should get GTA V.

The only downside to GTA V being on PC is because there will be Pirates :(

Why do you care if the game gets pirated lol? Are you a R* employee or something?

stockwiz
  • stockwiz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:55 AM Edited by stockwiz, 07 October 2013 - 12:55 AM.

becaue they don't own a PC so they don't care?  PC users only have themselves to blame when you see 5000 people on a torrent for the game and console sales outnumber PC sales by such a high margin it's hard to want to release to PC users. I am not innocent in pirating by any means. We were all young once.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

I'm absolutely bewildered as to why some people don't want GTA 5 for the PC. I'm not trying to start a console/PC war here, but I'm just saying, the PC is a fun platform for GTA games, such as:

*Modding capabilities

*Multiple screens

just imagine adding Las Venturas and San Fierro + more countryside to the game with mods. F*ckin' awesome!

Why do you care if the game gets pirated lol? Are you a R* employee or something?

I'm not supporting the stupid thing he's saying about PC piracy, but you have to take care about it if you want to support the company in question.

I mean, if you want more of that game, you have to buy it (of course, don't pay for games that are sh*t / want to rob you like Call of Duty).

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

*Modding capabilities

*Multiple screens

I'm not supporting the stupid thing he's saying about PC piracy, but you have to take care about it if you want to support the company in question.

I mean, if you want more of that game, you have to buy it (of course, don't pay for games that are sh*t / want to rob you like Call of Duty).

Still wouldnt bother me. Sure its a cheap move etc (I aint a PC gamer) but still its R*'s problem not mine. I support that company enough by giving them my cha ching.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

• Max Payne 3 says the contrary, also, that's not a reason to don't want a PC version anyways...

​Yes, GTA V is running off of MP3's version of RAGE, but that doesn't mean that the new tweaks for the engine are PC friendly.

• It's good that you don't know nothing about modding, but it's your choice to add mods or not, SO IT DOESN'T MATTER. It's just a lot of options you have with modding, which you don't have on consoles.

http://www.moddb.com...e-citys-serbian

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=23419

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=22614

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=22782

Damn, I guess I must know nothing about modding. You're quite the clever one.

• That's even a reason ...? If it's better, it's better.

​If someone is unable to play a PC version of a game, that doesn't mean you need to brag about how your lovely PC version is superior to their peasant console version.

• There were millions of piracy copys on consoles 3 days before the launch, /fact. f*ck you all with your piracy stupidicy, nobody can't provide real proofs about how piracy affects the industry, it's all assumptions and biased opinions.

Like it or not, piracy is a big deal on consoles and PC. Although, piracy on desktops/laptops is a LOT easier. It's just a matter of cracking.

• Most of gaming PC are more powerful than next-gen consoles, so you say that they won't run the game? :okay:

​A lot of people buy consoles because they want a quicker fix for their gaming needs. Believe it or not, some people don't see the money in buying a high-spec computer if they are only going to play games. It's all by preference, but by your reasoning every computer labelled as a gaming comp is V ready. Makes sense, right? ...Right?

TL;DR,  4/10 Do try again. Your arguments are invalid and you failed to understand what I meant in my previous statement. If you pass the third grade this year, you'll be able to understand. Good one m8.

SSBBW
  • SSBBW

---

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:14 AM Edited by SSBBW, 07 October 2013 - 01:16 AM.

The piracy is huge on PC

That's totally relative and there is not clear data about that. But there is reports about some triple A companies blaming piracy as a cause of his game failure instead of assume that it's their own fault.

Stop this sh*t, GTA V was already pirated by MILLIONS of people on consoles (XBOX 360 / PS3) 3 days before the release date...

Stop ur s**t, in PC you only need to download the game and crack it, in XBOX 360 you need RGH or LT (Requires Hardware modification) in PS3 you need to jailbreak it and you can be banned from the online service in both consoles, im sure that the 87% of the people that want GTA V in PC will pirate it.

And about the mods, is actually possible in the current consoles.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:31 AM Edited by AlasClarin, 07 October 2013 - 01:33 AM.

• Max Payne 3 says the contrary, also, that's not a reason to don't want a PC version anyways...

​Yes, GTA V is running off of MP3's version of RAGE, but that doesn't mean that the new tweaks for the engine are PC friendly.

• It's good that you don't know nothing about modding, but it's your choice to add mods or not, SO IT DOESN'T MATTER. It's just a lot of options you have with modding, which you don't have on consoles.

​If someone is unable to play a PC version of a game, that doesn't mean you need to brag about how your lovely PC version is superior to their peasant console version.

• There were millions of piracy copys on consoles 3 days before the launch, /fact. f*ck you all with your piracy stupidicy, nobody can't provide real proofs about how piracy affects the industry, it's all assumptions and biased opinions.

Like it or not, piracy is a big deal on consoles and PC. Although, piracy on desktops/laptops is a LOT easier. It's just a matter of cracking.

• Most of gaming PC are more powerful than next-gen consoles, so you say that they won't run the game? :okay:

​A lot of people buy consoles because they want a quicker fix for their gaming needs. Believe it or not, some people don't see the money in buying a high-spec computer if they are only going to play games. It's all by preference, but by your reasoning every computer labelled as a gaming comp is V ready. Makes sense, right? ...Right?

TL;DR,  4/10 Do try again. Your arguments are invalid and you failed to understand what I meant in my previous statement. If you pass the third grade this year, you'll be able to understand. Good one m8.

No, you failed to understand my statements...

Okay, so why it's a problem if it's a CHOICE? There are tons of mods with tons of different purposses, that's always much better than don't allow modding support.

It could be easier sometimes, but you still don't know how many of the people who piracy would have bought the game instead. Steam is making a huge step ahead on this area...

Steam Machines / SteamOS are coming for that reason, to allow people who doesn't know to build a PC to have a gaming PC easily. The people who doesn't have a gaming PC, unless they play old games or games with low requiriments obviously doesn't count at gamers and won't buy the game. But do you know how many people have a gaming PC?

And again, about the money thing, it's all your choice. In consoles they put you cheap hardware and make it a standard, that's why it's "cheap". But with a bit more money you can have a better hardware than that with all the possibilities of PC available.

I don't have to pass third grade, I'm at College already and I'm a programmer since I was 14 years old, I already have been hired to work on a game as programmer too and I founded my own indie team to work on a new game.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:37 AM Edited by theNGclan, 07 October 2013 - 01:39 AM.

Okay, so why it's a problem if it's a CHOICE? There are tons of mods with tons of different purposses, that's always much better than don't allow modding support.

It could be easier sometimes, but you still don't know how many of the people who piracy would have bought the game instead. Steam is making a huge step ahead on this area...

The people who doesnt' have a gaming PC, unless they play old games or games with low requiriments obviously doesn't count at gamers and won't buy the game. But do you know how many people have a gaming PC?

And again, about the money thing, it's all your choice. In consoles they put you cheap hardware and make it a standard, that's why it's "cheap". But with a bit more money you can have a better hardware than that with all the possibilities of PC available.

And I don't have to pass third grade, I'm at College already and I'm a programmer since I was 14 years old, I already have been hired to work on a game as programmer too and I founded my own indie team to work on a new game.

Congratulations, you've further proven that you're argument is invalid!

Just because someone doesn't want a gaming PC doesn't mean they aren't a gamer, it means you're a hateful kid who think that PC is teh mastar raec. You keep saying everything is optional, but you keep saying that PC gaming is superior to console gaming because it costs more and has more features. What if I just want the bare bones game? Hmmm? Where does your argument actually stand? I haven't seen you NOT contradict yourself, let alone have I seen you actually understand my original post.

With your mindset your indie team won't get far. You need to accept the fact that both PC and Console are terrible. But then again, why am I arguing with you? Shouldn't you be working on your indie game or studying for college? Wow, you really strive for the stars, dontcha boy?

Good one. Have fun in that overly contradicted bubble of yours  :^:

EDIT: Also, about modding, I clearly said that a game is better off with more content to utilize instead of relying on the community to make new content for it. For example, Source games are a victim of poor content. A good game to reference is Left 4 Dead(2). The game has some nice content, but it mostly relies on mods.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:01 AM

The piracy is huge on PC

Yeah, totally

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jhrChWpa1LE

ROFL.

Thanks for that. Needed it.

chipface
  • chipface

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

Having a North Yankton mod would be cool

There's pirates to everything. Hell, there were even pirates for GTA 5's console release, I think. Why would you punish the 99% of people with a PC who play fairly by not giving a PC release because of the 1% who doesn't pay?
I think GTA V should and will be on the PC. Why not let everyone enjoy it? I'm sorry though, the % of pirates is WAY more than 1%. For a lot of games it's over 100%.

Wait what?  How can the rate of piracy for a game be over 100%?  That doesn't make sense.  Also I don't doubt R* will do something like this with GTA V.

CitySlikah
  • CitySlikah

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

Sounds terrible.

You sound like a dumbass PC hater.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:33 AM Edited by AlasClarin, 07 October 2013 - 02:34 AM.

The people who doesnt' have a gaming PC, unless they play old games or games with low requiriments obviously doesn't count at gamers and won't buy the game. But do you know how many people have a gaming PC?

And I don't have to pass third grade, I'm at College already and I'm a programmer since I was 14 years old, I already have been hired to work on a game as programmer too and I founded my own indie team to work on a new game.

Congratulations, you've further proven that you're argument is invalid!

Just because someone doesn't want a gaming PC doesn't mean they aren't a gamer, it means you're a hateful kid who think that PC is teh mastar raec. You keep saying everything is optional, but you keep saying that PC gaming is superior to console gaming because it costs more and has more features. What if I just want the bare bones game? Hmmm? Where does your argument actually stand? I haven't seen you NOT contradict yourself, let alone have I seen you actually understand my original post.

With your mindset your indie team won't get far. You need to accept the fact that both PC and Console are terrible. But then again, why am I arguing with you? Shouldn't you be working on your indie game or studying for college? Wow, you really strive for the stars, dontcha boy?

Good one. Have fun in that overly contradicted bubble of yours  :^:

EDIT: Also, about modding, I clearly said that a game is better off with more content to utilize instead of relying on the community to make new content for it. For example, Source games are a victim of poor content. A good game to reference is Left 4 Dead(2). The game has some nice content, but it mostly relies on mods.

You can't understand what I'm trying to say.

I never say that one which doesnt have a gaming PC are not a gamer, I'm talking about the market of the people who will buy GTA V on PC. You say that not everybody have a gaming PC and I say, obviously no, just the PC GAMERS have a gaming PC.

I say that PC is superior to consoles because it's more expensive? :genius: I could list tons of things that PC do better than consoles, and they are not more expensive, you choose how much you want to spend (if you want more quality, you can choose, in consoles you can't, you have the same quality all time). Also remember, you can do all consoles do on PC, but you can't do all PC things do on consoles, that's another fact.

Don't talk me about game development, please, you are so ignorant that you are starting to offend my job and all the years / hours I have been working on it. Yes, I should be working at the moment but I'm here discussing in this forum because I can't stand people saying stupid things.

Contradicted? Where? Can you explain?

About the modding thing... modding support doesn't affect the original game in this case, because just making it available for PC it will be able to have mods, so the devs don't have to do sh*t.

Modding support is ALWAYS a good thing by my experience and will extend the life of the game years ahead than if you prevent it, I tell you that from experience too. Modding allows you to do what you want with the game (if you have the knowledge to do it, of course).

So yes, like you said, I have to work / study, so see you tomorrow or whenever I  go online again on this forum.

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:59 AM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 07 October 2013 - 04:00 AM.

Can we please stop this name calling "YYOU DNT NO HOW MOD!!!". It's rude, this forum is about respect.

Spoiler
Also why is this even an issue? Doesn't GTA V support keyboard and mouse on console? Isn't there PC data in console files? What's the worry/argument? GTA IV took 9 months to come to PC. Lets give R* 9 months to see what they come up with and if we end up with nothing we rage! :D

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:00 AM

Can we please stop this name calling "YYOU DNT NO HOW MOD!!!". It's rude, this forum is about respect.

Spoiler
Also why is this even an issue? Doesn't GTA V support keyboard and mouse on console? Isn't there PC data in console files? What's the worry/argument? GTA IV took 9 months to come to PC. Lets give R* 9 months to see what they come up with and if we end up with nothing we rage! :D

Woah, woah, woah. Back up there.

Keyboard and mouse support on console? Source?

Ermac_
  • Ermac_

Tower Master

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

piracy, small market, rock stars new business plan dose not work with pc. 

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:11 AM Edited by Lagful, 07 October 2013 - 04:12 AM.

Mouse is sooo much better for aiming. It would make shooting people while driving actually possible. Only thing that sucks is that joysticks are better for driving...

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:19 AM

If it's because of Piracy why not stop making PC games all together? That seems like a totally stupid reason to me. There are always going to be pirates but the majority will still buy it from Steam or some other outlet. I'm primarily a console gamer now but I played on PC's for many years and I have no idea why people wouldn't want to see a PC version of this game. But they never did RDR even though PC gamers really wanted that one so who knows. 

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

Like I said before..

This forum is now full of stereotypes.

@TheNGClan:

That is baby modding.. Except the moddb mod in which I didn't see your name please clarify this one for me lol.

If you know already if GTA V comes to PC which it will... (most of the rumors of it not coming to PC come from people who played GTA IV then GTA V) We could modify the landscape! Example:

Adding more trees!

Adding more wild life! There is no Bear in GTA V or in the files! Heck a crocodile would be amazing!

Adding new wheels for cars

Adding new clothing

Making better clouds (Consoles don't seem to render them that well from time to time btw)

Adding new haircuts

Making Different Parachute Models

Making Different Weapon Camo Textures

The possibilities are endless.

By the way GTA V's FPS seems to be capped at 30 FPS which is not good for me as I'm used to playing at 60+FPS

I forgot! We could also make new planes.

In overall I just want to say:

GET RID OF THE STEREOTYPES.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users