Why do some people not want V for the PC

113 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

I'm absolutely bewildered as to why some people don't want GTA 5 for the PC. I'm not trying to start a console/PC war here, but I'm just saying, the PC is a fun platform for GTA games, such as:

*More multiplayer players (32 over 16 in GTA 4)

*Modding capabilities

*Multiple screens

and that's about all I can come up with so far.

• dannyz likes this

alamo sea
  • alamo sea

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

just imagine adding Las Venturas and San Fierro + more countryside to the game with mods. F*ckin' awesome!

Bolcksta
  • Bolcksta

The Protagonist

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

I'm absolutely bewildered as to why some people don't want GTA 5 for the PC. I'm not trying to start a console/PC war here, but I'm just saying, the PC is a fun platform for GTA games, such as:

*More multiplayer players (32 over 16 in GTA 4)

*Modding capabilities

*Multiple screens

and that's about all I can come up with so far.

just imagine adding Las Venturas and San Fierro + more countryside to the game with mods. F*ckin' awesome!

Both of these is why PC really should get GTA V.

The only downside to GTA V being on PC is because there will be Pirates :(

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

i dont get it either. dont really get any of the idiots that post logic though.

NijenhuisR
  • NijenhuisR

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

Las venturas so sick

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

Having a North Yankton mod would be cool

There's pirates to everything. Hell, there were even pirates for GTA 5's console release, I think. Why would you punish the 99% of people with a PC who play fairly by not giving a PC release because of the 1% who doesn't pay?

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

There is certainly more than 1% that download the game illegaly.

Bolcksta
  • Bolcksta

The Protagonist

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

There's pirates to everything. Hell, there were even pirates for GTA 5's console release, I think. Why would you punish the 99% of people with a PC who play fairly by not giving a PC release because of the 1% who doesn't pay?

I have a Desktop purely for gaming, and I do support you, but the fact that some people will simply hack or pirate GTA V on PC more the consoles could be a primary reason as to why Rockstar won't release it on PC.

but who knows right?

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

People always use the excuse for pirates...yeah its bad, it sucks that the developers dont get there money. But do you know what is really popular with consoles? Buying and selling used games, it does the exact same thing that pirating does...It cuts profit from the developers.   Kind of ironic how console gamers foam at the mouth over pirating on PC (when its not at all that big) yet they are screaming to keep used games on consoles.

• Fredcat likes this

Machine Head
  • Machine Head

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

People always use the excuse for pirates...yeah its bad, it sucks that the developers dont get there money. But do you know what is really popular with consoles? Buying and selling used games, it does the exact same thing that pirating does...It cuts profit from the developers.   Kind of ironic how console gamers foam at the mouth over pirating on PC (when its not at all that big) yet they are screaming to keep used games on consoles.

Agreed. They even refuse to realise their hypocrisy if you so much as attempt to communicate this point with them. Piracy isn't "the reason" as everyone says it is; it occurs on all platforms.

• Fredcat likes this

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Sounds terrible.

• TheDeaconBosco likes this

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

Sounds terrible.

Terrible indeed, me personally, I just want to play the damn game. Not because of better graphics and framerate but because I don't want to buy a console just for one game. I'll only be happy when I add GTAV to my Steam collection.

alamo sea
  • alamo sea

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Sounds terrible.

why? sure LV and SF don't have the quality of an XBOX/PS3-version of Los Santos... but copy/pasting and customizing parts of the GTA V countryside and adding SF to the north-west and LV to the north-east. Awesome.

jonc24
  • jonc24

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

I think GTA V should and will be on the PC. Why not let everyone enjoy it? I'm sorry though, the % of pirates is WAY more than 1%. For a lot of games it's over 100%.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

Your numbers are way off. Its more like 60% pirates, 40% legit game buyers.

PC gamers are the red headed step children of the gaming world, who are convinced they are the master race and us console gamers are peasants.

I personally dont care if PC gets the game or not. They can have a turn a year later to play GTA V once us console peasants are done having our way with it. Sloppy seconds for the gaming master race ;)

Also, PC gaming doesnt bring in big profits for gaming companies unless they can sucker them into paying monthly fees to play online. GTA V doesnt do that, and so because theres no major profit there, PC is not a priority or worth much consideration. Simple bussiness economics.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

Sounds terrible.

Sounds like a strange stance to take.  If it is done well, adding extra territory could give people a lot of fun.  I remember a modder added a vast chunk of countryside with mountains to GTA 4.  It was great fun to drive around and explore.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

Sounds terrible.

Likewise. I don't care about San Fierro and Las Venturas, I just wanna see North Yankton

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

my sig speaks for itself  :rol:

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

Your numbers are way off. Its more like 60% pirates, 40% legit game buyers.

PC gamers are the red headed step children of the gaming world, who are convinced they are the master race and us console gamers are peasants.

I personally dont care if PC gets the game or not. They can have a turn a year later to play GTA V once us console peasants are done having our way with it. Sloppy seconds for the gaming master race ;)

Also, PC gaming doesnt bring in big profits for gaming companies unless they can sucker them into paying monthly fees to play online. GTA V doesnt do that, and so because theres no major profit there, PC is not a priority or worth much consideration. Simple bussiness economics.

Nice over generalization there buddy....Steam has roughly 50 million active users, all who do buy games legitimately.  You seem to be forgetting that purchasing used games, which the vast majority of console gamers do, does the same thing that piracy does...It cuts the profit from the developers.  Also games life cycles tend to last much longer on PC, often thanks to mods....Take Arma 2 for example, few people played it or even heard of it...then Dayz came around and popularity of the game exploded.  Nearly 1 million copies were sold over a 5 month period after dayz was released.

• Fredcat likes this

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

This is IV, imagine V.

• GTAspotter likes this

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

I hope a PC version DOES come out, if only to hear the end of the whining about it.

SSBBW
  • SSBBW

---

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

The piracy is huge on PC

Maglev
  • Maglev

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

32? It would take more than that, right?

I hope there will be dedicated servers.

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

The piracy is huge on PC

Give me an example then... ¬¬

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Wanna know why, OP? Jealousy. The fact that we (console gamers) can't unlock mission based interiors and vehicles, add skins, have a video editor, have stellar framerate and graphics, trainers, etc. pisses some off. I put SA on my computer for sh*ts and giggles, added a trainer (cleo something), and it was f*cking awesome. I was a fat clown flying around LS.
I wish I had a pc strong enough to run V.

super cool driving skills

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

if you want to play gta v get a console. idk why pc players are even here if they have never played the damn game and its always them complaining on these forums cos they are never off their computers

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

if you want to play gta v get a console. idk why pc players are even here if they have never played the damn game and its always them complaining on these forums cos they are never off their computers

What? WHAT?! Is that? My God, you are just stupid? What is that, some sort of attempt at stereotyping, with a lot of inventive thoughts of your own. Most people here on forums, who post topics, complain, whine, are console gamers, simply because they got the game, and have a reason to complain/whine or not, or just discuss the game, PC gamers only have couple of active topics, and all that is based on speculation and hope.. 

• Fredcat likes this

drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:55 PM Edited by drr26, 06 October 2013 - 09:55 PM.

Well, first  let's crack the jetpack easter egg once and for all (regardless of whatever the outcome is) because PC mods etc can access every single file on discs

But yes it will come out and it should come out

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

The piracy is huge on PC

That's totally relative and there is not clear data about that. But there is reports about some triple A companies blaming piracy as a cause of his game failure instead of assume that it's their own fault.

Stop this sh*t, GTA V was already pirated by MILLIONS of people on consoles (XBOX 360 / PS3) 3 days before the release date...

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

The piracy is huge on PC

Same for consoles. Next please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users