The game will be working for 5 days straight from tomorrow

44 replies to this topic
PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Nobs4Lyf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

Only lost some money I farmed. Been playing every day since tuesday morning with nearly no problems.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

We Heistin'

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

I'll put money on it.

A'ight, i'll take your money. I don't reckon it'll be working "5 days straight". Hell, it isn't even working yet. Let's get there first, yeah.

gunslinginkitty
  • gunslinginkitty

GunSlinginKitty

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

so much aggression here.

i love it

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

You never lose it. If you go into the character creation screen it's your fault.

Just wait till the cloud goes up or retry to you get it back

Sorry, but no. I lost 2 of my 6 guys while the server was up & had just saved (orange circle did its thing) and no cloud down msgs. Went to boot up some time later to find out i need to start over. Stats gone from SC as well without even touching the creation screen.

You post is nothing but fail. Try again.

Actually, I have a thread dedicated to finding a solution to this and what he said he worked for me extremely well.  My character has disappeared 3 times and taken me back to the empty character creation screen but eventually my character comes back every single time.  I've only made 1 character.  Did you press "Retry" when it said the cloud was down?  
I did

3 times once and got back on. No problems.

Once just one time. But that was before the recent patch. That screen hasn't appear since

Good to know that "retry" doesn't automatically delete your character then.  I have never hit it but Rockstar recently warned against it.  

I did say that did retry BEFORE the recent the patch. Just so were clear.

I haven't touched retry or been prompt for one yet

gunslinginkitty
  • gunslinginkitty

GunSlinginKitty

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

I'll put money on it.

A'ight, i'll take your money. I don't reckon it'll be working "5 days straight". Hell, it isn't even working yet. Let's get there first, yeah.

seems to be working now?

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by Shpongled, 07 October 2013 - 06:58 PM.

You never lose it. If you go into the character creation screen it's your fault.

Just wait till the cloud goes up or retry to you get it back

Sorry, but no. I lost 2 of my 6 guys while the server was up & had just saved (orange circle did its thing) and no cloud down msgs. Went to boot up some time later to find out i need to start over. Stats gone from SC as well without even touching the creation screen.

You post is nothing but fail. Try again.

Actually, I have a thread dedicated to finding a solution to this and what he said he worked for me extremely well.  My character has disappeared 3 times and taken me back to the empty character creation screen but eventually my character comes back every single time.  I've only made 1 character.  Did you press "Retry" when it said the cloud was down?  
I did

3 times once and got back on. No problems.

Once just one time. But that was before the recent patch. That screen hasn't appear since

Good to know that "retry" doesn't automatically delete your character then.  I have never hit it but Rockstar recently warned against it.  

I did say that did retry BEFORE the recent the patch. Just so were clear.

I haven't touched retry or been prompt for one yet

Thanks for clarifying.  I don't know the exact issue so I can't comment on whether it was deleting people's characters before or after the patch, but I've been trying to gather some info on this stuff to see if there are any trends.  I haven't hit "retry" once yet and my character has been fine through all the hell the servers have been through.  Sounds like you're in the same boat.  At least we can rule out that under the circumstances you hit "retry" in that it's NOT a definitive way to lose your character.  Still leaves a lot of room for speculation though.  I guess in time all will become clear.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

@shpongled

Most defiantly.

Maybe we can compare cases?

I started at peak of launch so just when it came out. I had no problems with the beginning race.

That's 230 in the morning Arizona.

Purchased a shark card for 3.00 dollars on xbl ingame store. At around 6 in the morning.

Haven't had a problems since.
Other then retrys and one screen freeze during a mission and everything else that stalled up I joined another lobby instead of powering down.

Another thing I haven't done is loaded my my SC stats over view. But simply checked if my character was still there. No disappearance.

Through retrys I've heard people being forced to character creation. But that doesent mean it's over. Once you select the slot it should be finalized.. I have only heard of force Character creation since the new patch. I have no idea why people go through with it other than maybe because they see nothing there and automatically assume it's lost.

spidey1234
  • spidey1234

Everything happens for a reason.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

It's been working for me since Wednesday. One cloud server error just hit X and it let me in. I haven't lost anything.

you do realise you just hit the button which let's you play but doesn't save your character right?

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

We Heistin'

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

I'll put money on it.

seems to be working now?

I'm still character-less, so...no? I'd say that counts as not working.

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:33 PM Edited by Shpongled, 07 October 2013 - 07:39 PM.

@shpongled

Most defiantly.

I started at peak of launch so just when it came out. I had no problems with the beginning race.

Purchased a shark card for 3.00 dollars on xbl ingame store. At around 6 in the morning.

Other then retrys and one screen freeze during a mission and everything else that stalled up I joined another lobby instead of powering down.

Another thing I haven't done is loaded my my SC stats over view. But simply checked if my character was still there. No disappearance.

Through retrys I've heard people being forced to character creation. But that doesent mean it's over. Once you select the slot it should be finalized.. I have only heard of force Character creation since the new patch. I have no idea why people go through with it other than maybe because they see nothing there and automatically assume it's lost.

Sure.

I can't remember what day I finally got online, Tuesday it didn't work for me and I work during the day so I have limited time to try on the weekdays.  I think I first got in on Wednesday or Thursday, probably Wednesday.  I made my character and was stuck at the first race until Friday where I actually got to have a taste of the game late that night EST (Maryland) time.  

Since then I've lost my character 3 times but always got him back.  I made this thread to document what has been working for me and try to help others.  It's more detailed about exactly what I HAVEN'T done and I believe because I haven't done some of those things that my character has remained, but some people disagree with me.  

http://gtaforums.com...-panic-do-this/

Anyway, my character was gone yesterday at around 2PM when the cloud went down, but when I got home later that night he was back and in working order.  I have checked my "Career" tab on the SC site and my mugshot of my online character is always there with the right amount of cash and stats.  Seems that some people have their cash or stats but NOT their character, so I guess I'm lucky or I just haven't done whatever it is that people have being doing that caused them to lose their character.

One of the main things I'm trying to figure out is, how do people lose their characters for many days while still doing everything I posted in my thread.  My conclusion so far is that either there is something none of us understand going on behind the scenes, or that the person who lost their character "permanently" had done something that they "weren't supposed to" and either didn't know it or didn't acknowledge it.  It's hard to say without knowing exactly what steps everybody has taken over the last week but if people are completely honest with themselves about what they did and didn't do we can start to narrow down the possibilities of what causes what.

Thanks for sharing, hopefully we can start to see some patterns emerging.

edit: Oh I also meant to add that I have been forced into the character creation screen each time my character was lost but I simply hit B to back out and all is good when everything comes back online.

GTA Banjo
  • GTA Banjo

Blowing Virtual Characters Since 2013

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

Lost my character yesterday but yeah, real f*cking amazing! (not sure if I'm serious or not)

AlwayzFr0sty
  • AlwayzFr0sty

There's No Oxygen In Heaven

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

@shpongled

Most defiantly.

Sure.

I can't remember what day I finally got online, Tuesday it didn't work for me and I work during the day so I have limited time to try on the weekdays.  I think I first got in on Wednesday or Thursday, probably Wednesday.  I made my character and was stuck at the first race until Friday where I actually got to have a taste of the game late that night EST (Maryland) time.  

Since then I've lost my character 3 times but always got him back.  I made this thread to document what has been working for me and try to help others.  It's more detailed about exactly what I HAVEN'T done and I believe because I haven't done some of those things that my character has remained, but some people disagree with me.  

http://gtaforums.com...-panic-do-this/

Anyway, my character was gone yesterday at around 2PM when the cloud went down, but when I got home later that night he was back and in working order.  I have checked my "Career" tab on the SC site and my mugshot of my online character is always there with the right amount of cash and stats.  Seems that some people have their cash or stats but NOT their character, so I guess I'm lucky or I just haven't done whatever it is that people have being doing that caused them to lose their character.

One of the main things I'm trying to figure out is, how do people lose their characters for many days while still doing everything I posted in my thread.  My conclusion so far is that either there is something none of us understand going on behind the scenes, or that the person who lost their character "permanently" had done something that they "weren't supposed to" and either didn't know it or didn't acknowledge it.  It's hard to say without knowing exactly what steps everybody has taken over the last week but if people are completely honest with themselves about what they did and didn't do we can start to narrow down the possibilities of what causes what.

Thanks for sharing, hopefully we can start to see some patterns emerging.

I know the pattern... the cloud goes down and says f*ck the world

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Are people still losing characters all the time or has it sorta settled? It seemed worse yesterday with complaints.

gunslinginkitty
  • gunslinginkitty

GunSlinginKitty

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

I'll put money on it.

seems to be working now?

make a new one, i think we clarified that pretty much 90% of the time you are out of luck and just have to start again

gunslinginkitty
  • gunslinginkitty

GunSlinginKitty

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

I'll put money on it.

seems to be working now?

PS, your avatar, f*cking love that film

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users