Photo

If You Lose Your Character, Don't Panic, Do This

88 replies to this topic
GrandTheftBETA
  • GrandTheftBETA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

This OP is totally off the mark. A friend and I were playing at the same time. We logged on using the same internet connection, Xbox and TV side by side. His character was there, mine was gone. Nothing to do with the cloud going down.

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:47 PM Edited by Shpongled, 06 October 2013 - 06:47 PM.

I'm seriously surprised nobody in this thread has seen this happen.  It's not like this is the only thread saying this.  

And why would I lie?  Because I'm evil and I have nothing better to do?  Whatever floats your boat.  I'm trying to HELP you people and you want to call me a liar.

Whatever, this community is total trash.  Figure it out yourselves kids.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

I lost my character two days ago...Yesterday I made a new one in slot 2...today they are both gone!  I'm so sick of this crap.  I love this game but Rockstar needs to figure this sh%# out

Don 'de Medici'
  • Don 'de Medici'

le wild OG appears

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

How do you check your online character status through social club? 

I'm at profile, now what?

BosHog
  • BosHog

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

Im resigned to my character being a goner. I have screengrabs etc of a 0 rank character with $250,000 spent and $340,000 etc so something doesnt add up. 

Ive started with another in slot 2 hoping the 1st finds his way back before long.

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

It's under the "Career" tab where it shows Michael, Franklin and Trevor.  Your online character is all the way to the right, the 4th slot.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

Lost my level 13 guy this morning after playing for an hour or so. Got glitched in a cooked cops mission & had to reboot. Started a guy in slot 2 just in case my guy sitting in limbo finds his way back to me.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

The character will never be back.

Or is there ANYONE who got a lost character back?

It happened to me once. When my character was level 4. Got timed out locating session error, after a few minutes I tried again and it started with character creation screen asking me to create a new character as both slots 1 and 2 were empty. I backed out, quit the game and shut the console off. When I read that servers were back online I started the game and got my character back.

It was like 2-3 days ago... Idk if I even lost the character or if my save wasnt loading or what... but I think thats what everyone refers to when they say they lost their character.

mikekolesar
  • mikekolesar

I LIKE KUMQUATS W/O THE QUATS

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

Characters are only being "deleted" because people don't read the messages saying the cloud servers are down. The people flip sh*t saying their character is gone but in reality if they just retry the servers they'd get it in 2 minutes. They're impatient, create a new character because of god knows why, and lose their old one.

Some people are STUPID.

Thank you for trying to straighten things out though OP, everyone should read your post.

• Shpongled likes this

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

• Members

Games, GTA V, Career overview. There you see Michael, Franklin and Trevor and the fourth box is your online character which should have your character's mug shot. Click it and you will see your progress.

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

The character will never be back.

Or is there ANYONE who got a lost character back?

It happened to me once. When my character was level 4. Got timed out locating session error, after a few minutes I tried again and it started with character creation screen asking me to create a new character as both slots 1 and 2 were empty. I backed out, quit the game and shut the console off. When I read that servers were back online I started the game and got my character back.

It was like 2-3 days ago... Idk if I even lost the character or if my save wasnt loading or what... but I think thats what everyone refers to when they say they lost their character.

This is exactly what I've done a few times now.  Worked every time so far.  Happened last night.  It's happening right now and I'm sure my character will be back in a while.

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

I'm seriously surprised nobody in this thread has seen this happen.  It's not like this is the only thread saying this.  

And why would I lie?  Because I'm evil and I have nothing better to do?  Whatever floats your boat.  I'm trying to HELP you people and you want to call me a liar.

I appreciate you trying to help. This forum is just filled to the brim with aresholes. 

• Shpongled likes this

crashbandiqt
  • crashbandiqt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

My character has been missing for over 5 days now, I haven't made any new characters in that slot.

You should stop giving people false hope that their character will definitely return.

weirdkerr
  • weirdkerr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by weirdkerr, 06 October 2013 - 06:59 PM.

If your Character is missing then Trevor picked him up and sold him to the Altruists

• Shpongled and FeelsBatman like this

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

I appreciate you trying to help. This forum is just filled to the brim with aresholes. 

Thank you, I appreciate that.

My character has been missing for over 5 days now, I haven't made any new characters in that slot.

You should stop giving people false hope that their character will definitely return.

I'm not in the business of giving hope, false or otherwise.  That's your own fault.  I'm just telling you what has worked for me and many other people.  If you want to be brash about it, then you can leave the thread.  I'm not interested in hearing how I'm doing you a disservice by trying to clarify and help.  

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

Got my money back and my character(s) (i had 2 slots) are gone.

I never started online ever unless the cloud was fully up and working

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:01 PM Edited by zainzombie, 06 October 2013 - 07:04 PM.

I have another theory.. What if people lose their characters only when their online game is being saved and during that short period of time the servers go down. Its like the warning says: "dont shut down your console when its saving" because it corrupts the data. 

I mean... it would be very unlucky and random and thats what has been happening. I dont know if it could be a problem... just throwing out ideas.

loadivore
  • loadivore

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

My character has been missing for 3 days as well.  I've never played while cloud was down and I also saved it properly multiple times a day.  

People say the cloud technology is flawed, but I can tell you too even microsoft cloud is a piece of crap sometimes and I'm only using it for doc files.

I'm just not going to bother with this thing anymore until I get the character back and when it works properly.

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

I have another theory.. What if people lose their characters only when their online game is being saved and during that short period of time the servers are down. Its like the warning says: "dont shut down your console when its saving" because it corrupts the data. 

I mean... it would be very unlucky and random and thats what has been happening. I dont know if it could be a problem... just throwing out ideas.

Hm, that's interesting.  I could see that posing problems.  Has anybody noticed the saving icon show up when the cloud goes down?  It will be hard to test but if people can let us know what they have noticed we can start testing ideas and hopefully getting to the bottom of it.

Pontuzz
  • Pontuzz

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

Im glad Social Club is up, makes me feel safer when I can't find my bastard of a character.

wish i could say the same, its showing as no char on the rockstar social club site

bloody furious

Same for me.. I can see my kills, I can see my racing stats (which are awesome btw :D) but i can't see my rank or my character itself.. Also i can see my money in the bank.

Was lvl 30 with 4k in the bank after some purchases. Took a break and came back and my char was gone.. Money in bank is still there and some of the stats on social club but nothing else..

Since the bank is shared i decided to make a character in slot 2 to rack up some more money while i wait.. Lmao now i have 10k but i lost the char in slot 2 as well with today's cloud issues (ps3)

Don 'de Medici'
  • Don 'de Medici'

le wild OG appears

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

It's under the "Career" tab where it shows Michael, Franklin and Trevor.  Your online character is all the way to the right, the 4th slot.

Thanks!

I have made $1,222,340 dollars.  I have spent 993,889.

I have a 0 rank and 0 played time. 

Seems legit

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

I Hope op gets hit by a truck. Then raped by a group of passing hobos.

Wow, you're a real piece of sh*t.  How I deserved that I will never know.

Hope you feel good about yourself.

Levano
  • Levano

::

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

I Hope op gets hit by a truck. Then raped by a group of passing hobos.

Stupid troll acount.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

I always exited GTA O using the start menu. I was so careful with everything and still my guy gets deleted. :panic:

NickatNite89
  • NickatNite89

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

I always exited GTA O using the start menu. I was so careful with everything and still my guy gets deleted. :panic:

Same here and also save SP again.
My character doesn't show up in the game but I can view his profile on Social Club.

hierbamala
  • hierbamala

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

create new characters? ok

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Characters are only being "deleted" because people don't read the messages saying the cloud servers are down. The people flip sh*t saying their character is gone but in reality if they just retry the servers they'd get it in 2 minutes. They're impatient, create a new character because of god knows why, and lose their old one.

Some people are STUPID.

Thank you for trying to straighten things out though OP, everyone should read your post.

lost my character yesterday and every time i go in and it shows that "please create character" screen i cancel back out whether the servers are up ($180k in the bank) or down ($0 in the bank) 

people aren't losing characters because they are overwriting them with new ones or because the cloud is down. there's more to it than that.

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

Same here and also save SP again.
My character doesn't show up in the game but I can view his profile on Social Club.

This is currently what I'm experiencing too.  I can see all my character info on Social Club but going to play online just shows the character creation screen.  Guess we'll have to be patient and see what happens. :/

CA-SH
  • CA-SH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

If I get online and my character ain't there, I do this: Quit game-->go back in--->check online

Do it once or twice if that doesn't work...

Shut down system---->start game----->check online

Usually after a few tries, my dude is back.

Paperboxes
  • Paperboxes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

If I get online and my character ain't there, I do this: Quit game-->go back in--->check online

Do it once or twice if that doesn't work...

Shut down system---->start game----->check online

Usually after a few tries, my dude is back.

i do like 100 times now still gone and is my 3rd character that is gone now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users