Photo

Time to sell gta?

42 replies to this topic
Austin03xx
  • Austin03xx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

So I literally grinded a week straight to earn over 2m and own an adder and was rank 43. I now have lost my character and it's not cause the cloud servers it's just gone... Spent too much time to just have that happen aside from the hundreds of bugs I encounter whole using the character. For a game that made over a billion it sucks. But who am I kidding if I had billions I'd not give a sh*t about the players just like rockstar...

DaltyFbaby
  • DaltyFbaby

Notorious Drunkard

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Stop crying and wait for it to come back. Email them.
  • SamuelBenjamin likes this

Paperboxes
  • Paperboxes

Player Hater

• Members

i just refunded my game today

Kammakazi
  • Kammakazi

Mack Pimp

• Members

Well why did you grind that much? l0l

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

Go cry somewhere else and sell the game so we don't need to deal with babies like you.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

Can you even return your game this late into release? I also thought they didn't accept opened copies (most stores) unless there was a serious issue, i.e. the game disc not functioning properly, etc. Not because you think it sucks.

FATSTOGIE
  • FATSTOGIE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

So I literally grinded a week straight to earn over 2m and own an adder and was rank 43. I now have lost my character and it's not cause the cloud servers it's just gone... Spent too much time to just have that happen aside from the hundreds of bugs I encounter whole using the character. For a game that made over a billion it sucks. But who am I kidding if I had billions I'd not give a sh*t about the players just like rockstar...

Probably more people trying to play this game online than any game in history.  There will be some kinks to iron out.  I lost 2 lvl 9s and a lvl 22.  It is what it is.

Should just kill some people and not just focus on ranking up when you know they are still fixing the sh*t. I get it im pissed but this game is still an awesome game once they get their sh*t fixed.  Its not gonna happen in a day.

Obvioulsy they shold have spent millions of dollars more than they needed to on the servers.  That is surelly a lack of foresight.  But you arent selling the game.

And no one from rockstar is gonna read this and cry about it.  Especially since they have you rmoney already.  Selling the game is what gamestop wants you to do. 

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

People seem to jump from game to game soo fast on consoles...selling it or moving on weeks after it was released.  Its rather sad really and online just isnt a fun lasting place because of it. Atleast on PC I will know even a year or 2 down the line, there will still be a community of dedicated gamers online with the game I bought.

Austin03xx
  • Austin03xx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

Hell no I want sell it to game stop ha. But to the people saying stop your crying... Obviously nobody cares about what I have to say but you... I know other people are in my situation and are pissed off so no need for you to get offended. You can't give the slack saying more people are trying to play online cause that's bullsh*t. EVEN if that was true they had two weeks and they KNEW it would be a lot of people. I'm not butt hurt it's just annoying and no need to play again after this

• drjonkoe likes this

greeno911
  • greeno911

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

Yes. If you don't like the game. Sell it. Don't take it to GameStop or somewhere bc it will be fruitless, but you should have no problem getting $50 for it on craigslist or other classifieds. Also, remove yourself from these forums because your topics are useless to me and other GTA fans on this site. 

dookqc
  • dookqc

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:27 PM Edited by dookqc, 06 October 2013 - 06:27 PM.

i just refunded my game today

so what you still doing on the forum? lol

Mickey Boozer
  • Mickey Boozer

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

So I literally grinded a week straight to earn over 2m and own an adder and was rank 43...

Pve grinder using auto aim against NPCs, oh how tragic, you should go back to wow.

BlueJosh
  • BlueJosh

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

Hell no I want sell it to game stop ha. But to the people saying stop your crying... Obviously nobody cares about what I have to say but you... I know other people are in my situation and are pissed off so no need for you to get offended. You can't give the slack saying more people are trying to play online cause that's bullsh*t. EVEN if that was true they had two weeks and they KNEW it would be a lot of people. I'm not butt hurt it's just annoying and no need to play again after this

Don't worry, they are R* dickriders who don't care about the fact they released a product that is still a disgrace a week after release.

I am in the same boat as you although i love the game and can tell that once it gets sorted it will be amazing.

FeelsBatman
  • FeelsBatman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

One thing is for sure: I'll never buy any GTA Dollars. Too risky.

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

If you overwrote your character when the cloud is down, you have NO ONE to blame but yourself, Moron.

I have no pity for you, don't be so stupid next time

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

You're not gonna sell GTA. Nobody who has put that much time in, myself included, would simply quit.

Austin03xx
  • Austin03xx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

So I literally grinded a week straight to earn over 2m and own an adder and was rank 43...

Pve grinder using auto aim against NPCs, oh how tragic, you should go back to wow.

Are you an idiot? I just replayed missions that's the ONLY way to make money. 

Parkway91
  • Parkway91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

You know all about the bugs/character deletion/saving issues currently happening with the game. You shouldn't be surprised about what has happened.

boberson01
  • boberson01

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Your own fault for grinding when everybody knows the servers are unstable and people are losing their stuff.  If you're too impatient to wait until Rockstar fixes everything and insist on playing then don't come complaining about it afterwards.

hostaman
  • hostaman

Seasoned GTA Player (Online WTF?)

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

Your own fault for grinding when everybody knows the servers are unstable and people are losing their stuff.  If you're too impatient to wait until Rockstar fixes everything and insist on playing then don't come complaining about it afterwards.

Err. No.

If R* knows the game is glitchy and might delete saves, then they simply should have shut it down until fixed.

They didn't do that, meaning that the game is fine (we know it's not).  Probably due to the bad publicity that would entail.

It's entirely valid to criticize GTAO as I do, not only for being glitchy, but for not being as good a game as it could have been.  People say only GTA fans should post on this forum. Well I'm a big GTA fan. Loved GTA4, loved the multiplayer in GTA4 and TBOGT, also think GTA5 SP is fantastic.  But GTAO is just meh!

Such a shame.  I hope they get their act together.

Viva-La-Baz
  • Viva-La-Baz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

Yes. If you don't like the game. Sell it. Don't take it to GameStop or somewhere bc it will be fruitless, but you should have no problem getting $50 for it on craigslist or other classifieds. Also, remove yourself from these forums because your topics are useless to me and other GTA fans on this site. 

Then simply do not read them.

That's YOUR problem solved.

Gliding
  • Gliding

Samsquanch!

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

Why the hell would you grind for cash and XP when you know there are major problems with the functionality? You're just asking for trouble.

Play the game for fun until it's fully functioning, after that you grind for the things you want. It isn't rocket science.

did
  • did

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

You do realise there's more to the game than just online? I lol when people cry over online saying omg why did I buy this game etc.

You bought it cause gta has an amazing story and single player mode, not because of the online which is a small addition to the massive game gta is...

Btw I was level 25 with 200k and got my char deleted, it's like less than a week in it didn't exactly take long to get to wherever you are.

On the other had good riddance to another cry baby

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

Please do.

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

For everyone saying "Oh boo-hoo stop crying" to him stop!. This sucks for him. NO WHERE on the box cover OR menu screen dose it say "Caution online is buggy and may result in character loss it's still work in progress" Only people who spend time on forums actually learn that when you play right now your risking it all. Rockstar has not said becareful it's really unstable and could result in character loos, they have just said. It will be bumpy... You can't blame him, there is no warning message for warn him about it.

boberson01
  • boberson01

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

Err. No.

If R* knows the game is glitchy and might delete saves, then they simply should have shut it down until fixed.

They didn't do that, meaning that the game is fine (we know it's not).  Probably due to the bad publicity that would entail.

It's entirely valid to criticize GTAO as I do, not only for being glitchy, but for not being as good a game as it could have been.  People say only GTA fans should post on this forum. Well I'm a big GTA fan. Loved GTA4, loved the multiplayer in GTA4 and TBOGT, also think GTA5 SP is fantastic.  But GTAO is just meh!

Such a shame.  I hope they get their act together.

I see your point and I agree they should have shut it down for a week or so to iron out the main issues. I know Online is not perfect, but what I don't get is why people insist on playing right now when they know its buggy. Yes the issues are on Rockstar's part, but there isn't anything we can do except just wait instead of risking it.

This launch is a disaster and could have been handled better. I've been a fan since I got my copy of GTA for the Gameboy Color and I do hope they get it all together and sorted out.

Viva-La-Baz
  • Viva-La-Baz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

You do realise there's more to the game than just online? I lol when people cry over online saying omg why did I buy this game etc.

You bought it cause gta has an amazing story and single player mode, not because of the online which is a small addition to the massive game gta is...

Btw I was level 25 with 200k and got my char deleted, it's like less than a week in it didn't exactly take long to get to wherever you are.

On the other had good riddance to another cry baby

Let me guess. You're one of the people preaching the online portion is free right? 

Xbox1988
  • Xbox1988

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

wow go play call of doody bro u sound like maybe theres some blood in your vagina today

bobblunderbust
  • bobblunderbust

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

People seem to jump from game to game soo fast on consoles...selling it or moving on weeks after it was released.  Its rather sad really and online just isnt a fun lasting place because of it. Atleast on PC I will know even a year or 2 down the line, there will still be a community of dedicated gamers online with the game I bought.

people still play cod 4 mw and halo 3 so this game will still have players for a long time to come few months ago I was playing red dead redemption and there was a lot on it online

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

For everyone saying "Oh boo-hoo stop crying" to him stop!. This sucks for him. NO WHERE on the box cover OR menu screen dose it say "Caution online is buggy and may result in character loss it's still work in progress" Only people who spend time on forums actually learn that when you play right now your risking it all. Rockstar has not said becareful it's really unstable and could result in character loos, they have just said. It will be bumpy... You can't blame him, there is no warning message for warn him about it.

I REALLY
LIKE THE WAY
YOU WRITE YOUR
POSTS!

• Shpongled likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users