Quantcast

» «
Photo

Lost Characters. Rockstars response discussion.

23 replies to this topic
Luftwaffle
  • Luftwaffle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:13 PM Edited by Luftwaffle, 06 October 2013 - 06:21 PM.

So like many of you, my character got deleted.

I was playing GTA and decided to grab a quick smoke (another reason to quit. Public service announcement: Smoking will get your character deleted). So I switched over to single player to keep people from killing me. I come back and get the message "Cloud servers are unavailable at this time". Ok no prob. I'll wait. Cloud servers come back up and I try to go online to see my Level 37 is gone. I checked the social club and all it shows is total cash earned/spent.

So boohoo it happened. I knew the issues and the risk when I decided to play online and I knew it could happen. It did and now here I am joining a forum to discuss it.

My story isn't what I want to discuss though. I want to talk about what you think rockstar will do about it.

The best case scenario is that our characters are just lost in the cloud and rockstar will figure out how to restore them with no problems. Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but I doubt that's the case. No I think Frank (my characters name) and the rest of the sad souls lost in the void of R*'s inadequacies are gone forever.

Assuming that that's true and our characters are gone, R* could take action by boosting another one of our characters up to the level of the lost one. Our cash earned star is still there. Some egghead could figure out what the average RP level per amount of cash earned is and manually level up new characters based on that. Then just give us our cash earned and for the most part problem solved. Not everyone would get their exact level back but you would be close enough. Sure you would have to replay all your missions and your stats would be gone, not to mention manually boosting god knows how many characters would be no small task for R* but it's better than the alternative.

Possibility three is that R* says "lol you want your cash back? Pay for it with microtransactions and level back up noob". (I'm sure R* isn't actually thinking that) Basically R* ignoring the people that already lost their characters and leaving us to redo our progress. This is the easiest for them but I think would be more costly for them in the end with the bad publicity. (I think this is most likely what's going to happen)

So that's my take. If anyone has any better ideas or even has info on what R* plans to do post away.

Don 'de Medici'
  • Don 'de Medici'

le wild OG appears

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

What happened to you has happened to me 3 times.

I think they plan to solve our issues ASAP for sure.  I also think we aren't getting anything back that's been lost.

The subject is not only getting trite and redundant, it's also making me depressed.  I need a cig and i dont smoke thanks guy.

Giioozz
  • Giioozz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

I could play three days without problems now i lost my character a lvl 20 
So please, do something about it and bring my character back!  ;)
because in this way, you make very easy money

So bring it right ... thanks!

FeelsBatman
  • FeelsBatman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

What R* is doing right now:

JE0a1d5.jpg

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

They're not going to "boost" your stats or compensate. You know the serves are unstable so that's the risk you take.

Luftwaffle
  • Luftwaffle

Snitch

• Members

I think they plan to solve our issues ASAP for sure.  I also think we aren't getting anything back that's been lost.

The subject is not only getting trite and redundant, it's also making me depressed.  I need a cig and i dont smoke thanks guy.

I agree that we are probably not getting anything back, but I need to vent that faint sliver of hope buried beneath a pile of reality.

gangstagent
  • gangstagent

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

My biggest problem is the lack of communication from R*. This is, at least now, a multi-billion dollar company.  They should be professional enough to have someone running their Twitter handle, and give us hourly updates.  sh*t, my local food truck guy updates his Twitter feed every 30 minutes lol. 15 hours without even a Tweet, is borderline ridiculous from a company of this stature, launching a game of this scope.

• internalmemory likes this

KoingWolf
  • KoingWolf

If Found: Return to Online Section

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:20 PM Edited by KoingWolf, 06 October 2013 - 06:21 PM.

Your character was never deleted, you delete it yourself when you start a new character, overwriting the previous one.

The. Cloud. Is. Down. That means don't make a new character, don't buy anything, just put the game down, and go get some fresh air. 

PsychoticDust
  • PsychoticDust

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:21 PM Edited by PsychoticDust, 06 October 2013 - 06:23 PM.

They're not going to "boost" your stats or compensate. You know the serves are unstable so that's the risk you take.

This is such bullsh*t. We've paid for a product that should be working as expected. There should be no risk at all. Not being able to get online I can understand but having characters deleted? Unacceptable. But hey, it's the risk we took, so it's fine.

I'll leave you alone so R* can lube you up some more.

The. Cloud. Is. Down. That means don't make a new character, don't buy anything, just put the game down, and go get some fresh air.

Says the guy on a forum dedicated to a computer game? Get the f*ck off your highhorse, you're as "bad" as everyone else here.

Sciborg
  • Sciborg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Your character was never deleted, you delete it yourself when you start a new character, overwriting the previous one.

This is getting posted a lot but it's not true of everyone. My character slot 1 was deleted 3 days ago, I've since been playing in slot 2 over the following days and not once was slot 1 restored, despite the cloud being up.

Josh_
  • Josh_

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

wrong my slot one dissapeared 4 days ago not back. Rockstar have also stated that they don't know where missing characters go especially when they dissapear from your social page on the site.

Luftwaffle
  • Luftwaffle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

From what I understand of the situation, is that if your character is gone from the social club, it's gone for good. Just to be safe I avoided making a new character.

oldak
  • oldak

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:25 PM Edited by oldak, 06 October 2013 - 06:26 PM.

On one of their support tickets they say: "We are working diligently to identify and correct the causes for these losses, as well as to establish how best to restore any lost progress and value." http://support.rocks...Latest-Updates-

I've lost a character in the last 6 hours (level 16), which doesn't show up on the Social Club anymore. I made a screenshot of my character on Social Club before it disappeared. Hopefully Rockstar will restore missing stats to a new character, if they don't/can't restore the character itself. Needless to say, I'm not going to play GTA: Online until these issues seem to be resolved.

FATSTOGIE
  • FATSTOGIE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

^^^ this. lol Ill start smoking with you.

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

This is the response to a ticket I submitted today about my character getting deleted: 16i7ZvZ.png

That's right, patch notes that didn't contain my issue. 

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

I hit level 20 in 12 hour marathon last night, I'm scared to even attempt to get online right now for fear that my character is gone.

Avean
  • Avean

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

I'm seriously gonna jump out of my window if i read stuff like this anymore. The cloud servers are online and been so for hours, our characters are gone. Characters we lost yesterday, are still gone. It has nothing to do with the cloud servers beeing offline. Ofcourse our characters cant be accessed if cloud is down, you get an ingame message saying that. 

Seriously....i want to scream reading suggestions like this.

• GapingAngus likes this

UGC KrYpTiC
  • UGC KrYpTiC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

My character 1 is gone but my char 2 isnt. my char one was my high level one so im pissee about that.

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:33 PM Edited by Omnicr0n, 06 October 2013 - 06:34 PM.

Rockstar will fix this problem, of that I have no doubt.

Unfortunately, i also believe characters already gone, are gone for good. People have been making and losing characters for days now, i can't imagine the logistics.

I predict they will throw us some bone like a clothing item or some such thing and then inform us that "them's the breaks - online brah! Yolo!" via the twitter machine no doubt.

On the plus side, ..hmm.. :/

BlueJosh
  • BlueJosh

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:33 PM Edited by BlueJosh, 06 October 2013 - 06:34 PM.

The first time i lost my character i never actually CREATED a new character but i clicked on create new on my slot 1 where my level 14 was and then realised what i had done, would this be the reason as to why i didn't get it back when the cloud servers went back up?

Luftwaffle
  • Luftwaffle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

I'm seriously gonna jump out of my window if i read stuff like this anymore. The cloud servers are online and been so for hours, our characters are gone. Characters we lost yesterday, are still gone. It has nothing to do with the cloud servers beeing offline. Ofcourse our characters cant be accessed if cloud is down, you get an ingame message saying that. 

Seriously....i want to scream reading suggestions like this.

Don't get mad at them. The whole cloud server are down thing is legit. The servers go down and your character appears to be lost, only to return later when the servers return. For others less fortunate (myself included) the cloud servers go down and when the come back up our characters are gone. I'm not sure what the cause is but that's the reason for the confusion.

internalmemory
  • internalmemory

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

On one of their support tickets they say: "We are working diligently to identify and correct the causes for these losses, as well as to establish how best to restore any lost progress and value." http://support.rocks...Latest-Updates-

I've lost a character in the last 6 hours (level 16), which doesn't show up on the Social Club anymore. I made a screenshot of my character on Social Club before it disappeared. Hopefully Rockstar will restore missing stats to a new character, if they don't/can't restore the character itself. Needless to say, I'm not going to play GTA: Online until these issues seem to be resolved.

Well it doesn't look like they'll have any of these things fixed for awhile... So you might want to get ready for another game to play until Battlefield 4 comes out, then play that until the next gen consoles come out - and THEN come back to GTA Online since it'll take that long for them to do anything about it.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

If my characters details are all up to date on the social club does this mean my character has not been deleted?

Luftwaffle
  • Luftwaffle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:46 PM Edited by Luftwaffle, 06 October 2013 - 06:47 PM.

If my characters details are all up to date on the social club does this mean my character has not been deleted?

From what I understand yes. You just need to give it time. DO NOT MAKE A NEW CHARACTER or you may over write your main one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users