Quantcast

» «
Photo

ROCKSTAR BUY MORE CLOUD SERVERS! CHEAPOS!

32 replies to this topic
snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

ROCKSTAR ARE BEING TOO STINGY! They arent spending more on servers because they dont give a f*ck about the consumer. They honestly dont give two f*cks they havent bought anymore servers oh my god.

Revelation2106
  • Revelation2106

Rat

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

I'm sick of idiots like you saying this

For the millionth time: BUYING MORE SERVERS WONT HELP!

It's the number of people trying to access them that are causing the problem. Do yourself a favour and google "server bottleneck effect" then stop blaming R* for a problem they can't fix. Nothing to do with a company being cheap...

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

Here is the simple explanation

Think of 90000 hamsters,

Now, imagine them all trying to fit through a small pipe at the exact same time, some get crushed, some get stuck, others get to the other end.

That is what’s happening 

orangensaft
  • orangensaft

ORANGE

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

why-is-the-cloud-down.jpg

Deevil1998
  • Deevil1998

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

why-is-the-cloud-down.jpg

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

No, they need to work on and fix the ones they have before buying more, you derp.

ceIozzip
  • ceIozzip

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

i thought you hated this game anyway?

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

It's the number of people trying to access them that are causing the problem. Do yourself a favour and google "server bottleneck effect" then stop blaming R* for a problem they can't fix. Nothing to do with a company being cheap...

They can fix it.  Switch back to traditional methods of hosting and drop this stupid Cloud idea.

If Cloud servers can't handle the traffic EVER, then it's a terrible way of hosting games.

• gunslinginkitty likes this

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Think of 90000 hamsters,

Now, imagine them all trying to fit through a small pipe at the exact same time, some get crushed, some get stuck, others get to the other end.

That is what’s happening 

Then why did they choose to use this crappy Cloud method in the first place.

Other games handle MILLIONS of players, like World of Warcraft, at the same time....without a single damn issue.   IN fact, WoW has about 10+ million players.

So if you blame the Cloud, then this means that Cloud technology is NOT good for high traffic situations, then blame rockstar for picking it in THE FIRST PLACE.  THEY SHOULD HAVE GONE WITH TRADITIONAL HOSTING METHODS.

jsp418
  • jsp418

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Think of 90000 hamsters,

That is what’s happening 

That's why you buy more pipes for the hamsters.

• Levano and Strikeslip like this

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

Look, it's a drag for everyone. This is a situation where you cannot affect the outcome no matter what you do. The tech will just have to get sorted, and we'll just have to wait and play through it when possible.

Causing yourself stress over it will have no effect, so relax broham.

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

You clearly have no idea how servers or any of this work. Buying more servers isn't the problem.

Mrgrandis_HKG
  • Mrgrandis_HKG

Employee Of The Month

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

They should have used the traditional dedicated server to ensure the quality of the server and be able to manage the traffic flow.

The Cloud thing sucks.

FATSTOGIE
  • FATSTOGIE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

Yes and no. 

I guarantee you they are in teh process of getting more servers online.  No doubt about that.  But having more servers wont simply fix eveyr problem. 

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

buying more cloud servers would only perma-delete your data anyway. you'd probably be shifted to another server while your data is on the original one and you'd have to start over anyway.

logic?

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:22 PM Edited by Vlynor, 06 October 2013 - 06:23 PM.

Think of 90000 hamsters,

That is what’s happening 

Other games handle MILLIONS of players, like World of Warcraft, at the same time....without a single damn issue.   IN fact, WoW has about 10+ million players.

Blizzard spends almost $150,000 per day for their server upkeep, but they take in $150,000,000+ per month. Rockstar has no guaranteed income, they'd be emptying their coffers to support their game.

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Buying more servers wont help when the Cloud Servers ARE THE PROBLEM.  All the cloud does is save character data, and that character data is being lost because the game cant sync worth a crap.

Kynismus
  • Kynismus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

buying more cloud servers would only perma-delete your data anyway. you'd probably be shifted to another server while your data is on the original one and you'd have to start over anyway.

logic?

ever heard of synchronization...?

bingozf
  • bingozf

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

Think of 90000 hamsters,

That is what’s happening 

So if you blame the Cloud, then this means that Cloud technology is NOT good for high traffic situations, then blame rockstar for picking it in THE FIRST PLACE.  THEY SHOULD HAVE GONE WITH TRADITIONAL HOSTING METHODS.

You do realize WoW is a pc game and this is a console game right?

Revelation2106
  • Revelation2106

Rat

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

They can fix it.  Switch back to traditional methods of hosting and drop this stupid Cloud idea.

If Cloud servers can't handle the traffic EVER, then it's a terrible way of hosting games.

I agree that it's a crap way of gaming and I hope Cloud gaming dies very soon. Unfortunately it's not something that can be fixed with a simple patch, the whole online character thing is structured around saving to the cloud

NXKS
  • NXKS

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

Saying this dumb sh*t from a bunch of inexperienced noobs is like me going to a Formula 1 team and saying "ADD MORE DOWNFORCE AND HORSEPOWER"

• greeno911 likes this

xRDASeken
  • xRDASeken

n00b slayer

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Think of 90000 hamsters,

That is what’s happening 

That's why you buy more pipes for the hamsters.

But if you buy more pipes, they must come out at the same place, causing more jams. You can never win. Especially when everything goes to and from the same location.

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

I agree that it's a crap way of gaming and I hope Cloud gaming dies very soon. Unfortunately it's not something that can be fixed with a simple patch, the whole online character thing is structured around saving to the cloud

I dont think the cloud is going to die....Microsoft spent millions of dollars into this sh*tty server system...and been raving about how its the "Future" of online gaming.  Well soo far the future is looking like a complete mess when the Cloud is involved.

kopkiller666
  • kopkiller666

I kill Police Officers

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

Think of 90000 hamsters,

That is what’s happening 

That's why you get 25,0000 small pipes genious.

amazingxx
  • amazingxx

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:44 PM Edited by amazingxx, 06 October 2013 - 06:45 PM.

ROCKSTAR ARE BEING TOO STINGY! They arent spending more on servers because they dont give a f*ck about the consumer. They honestly dont give two f*cks they havent bought anymore servers oh my god.

They should have used the traditional dedicated server to ensure the quality of the server and be able to manage the traffic flow.

The Cloud thing sucks.

You do realize WoW is a pc game and this is a console game right?

I dont think the cloud is going to die....Microsoft spent millions of dollars into this sh*tty server system...and been raving about how its the "Future" of online gaming.  Well soo far the future is looking like a complete mess when the Cloud is involved.

I can't stop laughing.

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

Think of 90000 hamsters,

That is what’s happening 

Blizzard spends almost $150,000 per day for their server upkeep, but they take in $150,000,000+ per month. Rockstar has no guaranteed income, they'd be emptying their coffers to support their game.

So how does Call of Duty deal with miillions of people too, and yet I have NEVER had a problem with CoD games.  Not once. Not even on release day peak hours, the servers always work.

Rockstar is to blame.

David De Santa
  • David De Santa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

Think of 90000 hamsters,

That is whats happening 

So how does Call of Duty deal with miillions of people too, and yet I have NEVER had a problem with CoD games.  Not once. Not even on release day peak hours, the servers always work.

Rockstar is to blame.

Think of 90000 hamsters,

That is whats happening 

Rockstar is to blame.

Is because other game doesnt so many cutomization like cars gun,tank clothes and mission

xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx
  • xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

8D39A6C2-26F5-47E8-BA68-8B764591C5B4.jpg

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:53 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 11 February 2014 - 01:53 PM.

Think of 90000 hamsters,

That is what’s happening 

now imagine adding some extra pipes

JackyT
  • JackyT

Trouble Maker

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

nice post revival, well worth the input

• ~TKP~ likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users