• SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

Now there is this city LSPD cop car

GTA-V-Police-Shootout.jpg

But there is also this one.

azvehdatabnc28.jpg

I must ask why? I do not hate it i like it in all ways. This one can only be seen in certain parts of the city. And i'm curious why that is? IS there even a reason.

Also can you get a police version of the buffalo i know you can get an FIB one. If so how?

Police_buffallo.jpg

Cheers

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

EDIT- Just got a marked buffalo cop car sweet!

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

May I ask where you found tge Buffalo?

Seanftd
  • Seanftd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

Yea id like to know where i can find a buffalo to, ( also i question to the op, how do you post pictures lol)

tht guy
  • tht guy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

To get fib go to the satellite dishes by Trevor's trailer between 10-11 their will be fib agents but they wont give u any stars

Anti Hero
  • Anti Hero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

There are two styles because most cities are now switching to the smaller fords or chevy's because ford quit producing the crown vic a few years ago. So im assuming that they were trying to go along with that in gav

• SamuelBenjamin likes this

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

As Anti Hero said, most departments in the country still very much use the Ford Crown Victoria but are transitioning to the Dodge Charger, Ford Taurus, Chevrolet Impala, and/or Chevrolet Caprice.

The Charger / Buffalo can be seen spawning around Mission Row in the early hours of any day of the week. You'll notice it straight away due to the badge decal on the hood.

• SamuelBenjamin likes this

Logum
  • Logum

Crystal Clear

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

Hmm I don't think I've ever even seen that other version.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

Hmm I don't think I've ever even seen that other version.

The Crown Vic? It rarely patrols but will respond to crimes in Downtown LS. Also, it is nearly always parked outside most of the Los Santos precints. Two or three outside of the Davis sheriff office too.

And it is the only car used by the sheriff's office in Blaine county.

PolishPrisoner
  • PolishPrisoner

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

True, but there are two versions of the Sheriff Crown Vic.  One has old rotating emergency lights, and one has pure LEDs. 

PolishPrisoner
  • PolishPrisoner

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

Also, I've noticed three different versions of the LSPD Crown Vic.  There is one with old rotating emergency lights, one with pure LEDS, and one with what looks like old rotating lights but seated below them are LED lights and it is those LED lights that activate.  Not sure what the deal is with the latter car.  Michael's wife is seated in the back of one during the good husband mission. 

Chris223
  • Chris223

The Simple Gamer

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

Why?  Because the mass majority of police forces in this country use multiple vehicles?  And also they decided to put the new style Ford Interceptor in the game and the Old Crown Vic... why is this even a question lol?  Ever watched Alaska State Troopers?  They use Expeditions, Crown Vics, Dodge Chargers and even the new Ford Interceptors and some new Chevy's.  Horrible post.

The question should have been why don't the new Interceptors in the game and the Buffalo use the same livery.

Miketv
  • Miketv

I forgot to remember to forget.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:03 AM

The Crown Vic? It rarely patrols but will respond to crimes in Downtown LS. Also, it is nearly always parked outside most of the Los Santos precints. Two or three outside of the Davis sheriff office too.

Damn shame that, i've always liked the Vic  :/

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:08 AM

Because LAPD in real life uses Chargers and Crown Vics.

GTA IV also had this by using Crown Vics and Chevy Impalas for their 2 police cars. It was a police version of the Merit (Chevy Impala) and the Stainer (Crown Vic, but Stainer wasnt until GTAV)

300px-PolicePatrol-GTA4-front.jpg

170px-PoliceCruiser-GTA4-front.jpg

Chris223
  • Chris223

The Simple Gamer

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

^  Nice how both of them had the same livery isn't it?  Whereas in V R* halfassed it like a million other things and decided to just make the new Interceptor livery look as it does in the video advertising it for Ford on YouTube. 

• Officer620 likes this

PolishPrisoner
  • PolishPrisoner

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

It seems more like an intentional design choice, rather than half assing.  The new cruiser makes a bold statement. 

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

^  Nice how both of them had the same livery isn't it?  Whereas in V R* halfassed it like a million other things and decided to just make the new Interceptor livery look as it does in the video advertising it for Ford on YouTube. 

I also hate how they reduced the number of taxicabs from 3 (in GTA4) to only 1. The taxi models they used were the Stainer, the Merit, and the Minivan.

Now in GTAV, they only use the Stainer. I realize its not NYC anymore and there's less taxis, but they could've atleast had a Dilettante cab. I live in LA and I swear I see more Prius cabbies than Crown Vics now.

UnionCabLaunch.jpg

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

Disappointed with the lack of responding police vehicles and the lack of patrolling units. Every single damn time it's a friggen Taurus chasing me or someone else. Is it that hard to have the Marked and Unmarked Crown Victorias and Chargers to get in on the action?  They got it right in IV but I dunno.

• Kent_Paul_Jnr and Detained like this

DaGGerz
  • DaGGerz

Trespassers will be shot survivors will be shot again

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

You can get that other police car when helping amanda with michael run away from the police. (You know when she phones you asking for help at a store. There is a police car outside the store where your going to take her. Steal that car)

Detained
  • Detained

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

Now there is this city LSPD cop car

GTA-V-Police-Shootout.jpg

But there is also this one.

azvehdatabnc28.jpg

I must ask why? I do not hate it i like it in all ways. This one can only be seen in certain parts of the city. And i'm curious why that is? IS there even a reason.

Also can you get a police version of the buffalo i know you can get an FIB one. If so how?

Police_buffallo.jpg

Cheers

The second picture, i have to ask my self why doesn't that police car ever chase you in a persuit it is just the same 1st picture police cars i would rather see the older model police vehicle actully do something in the game 

other than sit  parked and just not even on patrol  i world love to see a mix of the 2 that can chase after you.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

It seems more like an intentional design choice, rather than half assing.  The new cruiser makes a bold statement. 

Maybe, but the newer cars should also read Los Santos or at least bear the city seal instead of just the generic, over-sized "police" on the sides and bumper.

The badge on the hood of the Buffalo is even sillier. Makes it look like a D.A.R.E. vehicle.

• Officer620 likes this

Chris223
  • Chris223

The Simple Gamer

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

You can get that other police car when helping amanda with michael run away from the police. (You know when she phones you asking for help at a store. There is a police car outside the store where your going to take her. Steal that car)

When I first did that mission I just so happened to roll up in a police car lol.  The new Interceptor model.  I hated having to get out and take the Crown Vic one, lol.

NYG 5
  • NYG 5

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

yeah, there are too many tauruses in the game. they should spawn 50/50, at least. OR, spawn the crown vics when your wanted level is higher and they need the v8 for pursuit.

i've seen zero LAPD crown vics online.

• Grand Cannon likes this

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

If you've ever been to a decent sized city there's usually at least one or two different style police cruisers.

In my city we have police Tahoes, some newer Ford SUV that I forget, Fusions, and the classic Crown Vic which also comes unmarked, those are Narco cars(Narcotics unit).

If anyone has seen the unmarked Crown Vic style police cruiser please drop me a line here. I desperately want one because they have awesome hub caps, nice color and most important that awesome ramming bullbar in the front.
  • android likes this

android
  • android

Purple Nines

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Ha.

My city uses just Crown Victorias. We're not a really big city, but the guy above me is right. Very large cities use more than one vehicle type. New York City has Crown Victorias, Ford Fusions, Chevy Impalas, and much more. We only say Crown Victorias and Impalas in GTA IV, but in V we get to see the new Taurus and the Crown Victora in action. 

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Now if only I could get an unmarked Crown Vic online..

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:26 PM Edited by StingrayX, 19 October 2013 - 08:28 PM.

I got myself the Buffalo yesterday but it was screwed up once I evaded the cops. I switched to Michael real quick then Franklin to try out that fix cars tip... -_________- Why the f*ck did he go to the f*cking hospital and lose the cop car? All of that work for nothing. I know he lost health but he didn't die. Why force him to go to the hospital when I switch and lose my car? I went back to steal it again but it wasn't there.

Down in my city we have a variety of cars:

Unmarked Mustangs used as highway patrol

Unmarked '13 Chargers used as highway patrol

Marked Tahoes

Marked Crown Victorias

Marked '13 Chargers

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

Ive had a variety of cop cars chase me. Seen em all.

IHerbert
  • IHerbert

We All Herbert

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:24 PM Edited by IHerbert, 24 October 2013 - 10:24 PM.

The more modern police cars are the ones I always see on the streets.

The only places where I've seen the Crown Vic are in the back of the LSPD station near Lester's textile factory and the lot next to Tonya's tow truck parking.

GTA III
  • GTA III

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

the newer models are interceptors, used for chases.

the vics are patrol models used for urban areas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users