Photo

Grand Theft Auto Online UPDATE *10/6/13*

4 replies to this topic
DSX714
  • DSX714

Kirito

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Yesterday marked the calender for the title update for xbox 360 users who got to play Grand Theft Auto Online after downloading the 59 mb patch. Playstation 3 had gotten the update a day earlier however during the day, there were still connection issues with game services and cloud servers. Last night, Rockstar announces that those issues had been resolved but today there are still reports for server issues on consoles. Server issues aren't the only problem. Users have found that their characters ended up getting deleted after the update for both Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 it is said that if you wait awhile and if you must play to only make a new character in slot 2 your original will come back, but this is usually if your character still appears in your stats page on the Rockstar social club website. If for any reason it doesn't You should wait and see if or when Rockstar will put a plan and set in motion to retrieve any lost progress. Progress is another key word as not just character but ranks and purchases are also vanishing from characters even after saved. Rockstar issued an Update stating The following:

Hello everyone, 

This title update is now available for download on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
We're aware that there are still some ongoing GTA Online technical issues including some players reporting lost gameplay progress. We are working diligently to identify and correct the causes for these losses, as well as to establish how best to restore any lost progress and value. 
To stay up to date with the status of this and other common known issues, please visit the GTA Online Launch Status article at the Rockstar Support site
http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246 
You can subscribe to that article for automatic updates as changes happen.
If you're experiencing any other issues, please visit Rockstar Support at:
http://support.rockstargames.com
http://twitter.com/rockstarsupport
And if you have any non-technical related feedback or suggestions to make about GTA Online, please send us a note at [email protected] and we'll have a look. 

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding as we continue to work through these initial launch period technical issues.

There hasn't been any new information other than the fact that Rockstar is investigating the loss of characters and progress and that their tech team is continuously working on the servers night and day. It seems that Rockstar is slowing down their pace rather than trying to fix things as soon as possible. Either they don't know how angry their consumers are or they fail to see that just as much effort is necessary even with many people getting past the tutorial. Grand Theft Auto Online still has risks of losing data and this makes the online component almost as buggy as it was at launch. I will post an Update as soon as I get new information.

Renaissance0321
  • Renaissance0321

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

What is the point of this f***in post?

brooko1980
  • brooko1980

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

Well I guess it's an explanation of why many people, me included, keep having their progress wiped, or returned to earlier save point. Even still, I find it poor that this issue even exists. I daren't even turn my console off, just in case it's all wiped again.. I hope it's sorted soon, because I may just avoid playing the game until it is, and I'm sure I'm not the only one considering this..
  • SkylineGTRFreak likes this

Jacob-B
  • Jacob-B

Misunderstood Genius

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

I'm still disappointed my single player game had skipped The Ballad Of Rocco and i still can't play that mission, i got 68/69 missions completed, I was also angry because my online character got deleted but i was only level 6 so it's whatever lol.

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:58 PM Edited by nuer, 06 October 2013 - 09:04 PM.

I'm still disappointed my single player game had skipped The Ballad Of Rocco and i still can't play that mission, i got 68/69 missions completed, I was also angry because my online character got deleted but i was only level 6 so it's whatever lol.

Go to missions and then replay it. It will say that you have a bronze for that mission even if you have never played it.. Same with the endings.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users