Quantcast

» «
Photo

Your GTA Online characters have not been deleted.

125 replies to this topic
Outplug
  • Outplug

PSN: Headphenomenon

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:26 PM Edited by Outplug, 06 October 2013 - 07:26 PM.

Well, it's nearing the 24 hour point, I believe (a few more hours to go), and my characters are nowhere to be seen. Even on the Social Club, my regular character's face no longer appears, and most of her stats have been wiped clean (including RP and time online), save for how many games I've won and lost of each type (but not how I made the money, which all show $0), yet my bank and in-hand are correct.

Archvile78
  • Archvile78

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

Well, it's nearing the 24 hour point, I believe (a few more hours to go), and my characters are nowhere to be seen. Even on the Social Club, my regular character's face no longer appears, and most of her stats have been wiped clean (including RP and time online), save for how many games I've won and lost of each type (but not how I made the money, which all show $0), yet my bank and in-hand are correct.

Likewise, it show i have 9061$ in bank, which is correct but oddly enough i have now an extra 1000$ on-hand and my rank is at 1 instead of non-existant like when you have no characters.

mdudee2072
  • mdudee2072

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

okay so in game it says cloud servers are down,and on the odd chance of it not saying that it comes up the character creation screen,but when i go on social club it says rank 0 and 0percent jobs etc but all my money is still there (80K) so has my character been deleted or is it just because the cloud server is down my character is not showing up? :)

Jew Rosenberg
  • Jew Rosenberg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

all you with more than one character, your only hurting yourselves, i got on for the first time two days ago and got to level 8 and then got deleted, so im not gunna start a new one until they completely fix it, its such a waste of time otherwise. 

Txontirea
  • Txontirea

That Guy Who Likes Bleach

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

I checked on the social club and my rank is 0, no RP. It says I have won 3 races and that I have 0 dollars but earned 621 k somehow. When in reality I only earned like 435k.

It says 0 seconds for time played.

So it's still kind of there? I guess? Really frustrating... :facedesk:

This is exactly what mine says. :/

SingingTrout85
  • SingingTrout85

Reserved Semi-Serious Gamer

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

Posted in another thread, but going to mention it one more time here. My character is gone AND bank/cash empty, which when reading other players characters missing, their money was still there apparently. How bad of a sign is this?

Got my fingers crossed that things will kick back in.

Platuni
  • Platuni

Merp

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

My character is showing on social club but not console. Is there still hope I will still have it?

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

Posted in another thread, but going to mention it one more time here. My character is gone AND bank/cash empty, which when reading other players characters missing, their money was still there apparently. How bad of a sign is this?

Honestly no one knows this sh*t is so wacked up makes me wonder why the hell they have us save to the cloud and not our systems.

OhMyCharater
  • OhMyCharater

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

My character is gone, I find your statistics or the social club. Was at level 35 and have unlocked the achievement showing that reached at least level 25!

If the character does not come back I'll stop playing.

Archvile78
  • Archvile78

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

My character is showing on social club but not console. Is there still hope I will still have it?

That might just mean the cloud server is down on the console, if so then yes.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:43 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 06 October 2013 - 07:43 PM.

I'm not creating a new character until I hear more info from Rockstar. Still holding out hope that somehow R* can get missing characters back.

They need to hurry though. A LOT of people are not going to touch online again if it continues.

• GTAIVman likes this

captain_isak
  • captain_isak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

Had my guy for three days with NO issues. Now, he seems to be gone. They need to fix this bs asap. 

Exactly the same for me, it says that i still have my money but i haven't made a new character yet. I dont know if i'll get my 80k house back though.

If you find out what the problem is please hit me up. 

e b trappin
  • e b trappin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:48 PM Edited by e b trappin, 06 October 2013 - 07:51 PM.

Yea i got the same issue my charcter got deleted been playing for like 3 days straight to get tht 400k apartment and did a bunch of missions,tdm,survival this is all bullsh*t lost everything. rockstar u guys made too much money in 3 days stop being cheap and buy more servers and fix this problem everyone wants there character back and there money exc back..

polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

This is f*cking bullsh*t. I refuse to start from scratch again.

dr00gy
  • dr00gy

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

Why are topics being closed and directed to this thread? I can't find any source for this information or any confirmation from Cockstar. I think it's a bit unfair to close people's perfectly legitimate threads because one person has a theory as to what's going on.

If it was as simple as 'wait & it'll come back', why haven't R* said so? The fact that they're keeping quiet about the whole thing makes me think that they aren't too arsed and that they don't know whether you'll get your character back (or they know that you won't).

Somebody please show me a source of OP's guess.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

Mine did.

All my mates and crew members can play again with their characters yet i lost mine and i do have full access to the cloud servers.

Meh, lets hope support can do something about it.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

that means cloud is probably down. i've seen it fluctuate from no character and $0, to no character and $180k and i think even once i saw no character and $63k.

• Scumbaggah likes this

Cynicc
  • Cynicc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

I got kicked off of online to download the latest patch on Friday in the middle of a survival mission and I haven't been able to get back on my character since. I only had a character in slot 2, but for some reason it shows slot 1 and 2 as available (empty) with stats showing on the slot 1 (starting stats it seems). Here is what I see in my social club:

gtao1_zps3d12d5e0.jpg

gtao2_zpsb76657b5.jpg

Figured I would post this to see if anyone else had the same problem and if they were able to get their character back. It's been 2 days now, so I'm tempted to just start a new character.

koops
  • koops

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

Everyone's always saying "just wait, your characters'll come back" but I've never seen anyone actually say they've got theirs back.

Besides the fact R* ain't said sh*t about it (that I know of). If it's that simple why don't they just...say it? Probably cause they actually are deleted and don't want to rustle the storm so they let us hope that maybe, possibly our characters'll comeback.

joejoebaggin
  • joejoebaggin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:45 PM Edited by joejoebaggin, 06 October 2013 - 09:48 PM.

i lost my level 34 today with the 400k apartment and i am pissed off. if i dont get him back i will never play gta V again and i will sell/trade it online. garbage pos online you cant even play without worrying if ur character will be there next time you log on.

my social club even shows that i have spent over 1 mil in game.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

http://gamingbolt.co...nd-other-issues

dr00gy
  • dr00gy

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

Rockstar have already posted about this bollocks. Since Rockstar haven't told us what they're doing to sort it or whether we'll get our characters back, I don't trust them to be doing anything at all. It seems as so they've taken our money & now they don't care about us. It's not as if they don't have the money to invest in a functioning system. They've had plenty of time to get it running & stress-test it.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

They updated their support article again.

We are continuing to investigate the causes of the lost progress and what can be done to minimize the impact until a permanent fix is in place.  Also, we have not forgotten about the requests for restoration.  We are in the process of determining the options for addressing the issues for those players who have been affected.  Please stay tuned for further updates here.

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

I'm starting to get a little confused.  My bank balance is saved,  but RSC is telling me that I'm back to level 0/1 and I haven't created/overwritten my character.

dr00gy
  • dr00gy

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

They updated their support article again.

We are continuing to investigate the causes of the lost progress and what can be done to minimize the impact until a permanent fix is in place.  Also, we have not forgotten about the requests for restoration.  We are in the process of determining the options for addressing the issues for those players who have been affected.  Please stay tuned for further updates here.

They're taking their time doing it, aren't they? If they reckon that they can restore the data, why don't they tell us? They're hiding everything from us the bastards.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

Ok then where is my level 19 slot 1 character

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

I think that's what's going on with mine too.

Except I haven't made any other characters, ever. not temporary, not slot 1-2, nothing.

dr00gy
  • dr00gy

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

In response to OP, I have this to show everybody:

51pj4n.jpg

'...with little to no chance of recovering it'

MessengerPigeon69
  • MessengerPigeon69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

LITTLE TO NO CHANCE? GET YOUR sh*t TOGETHER YOU f*ckS.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

I demand free Pizza!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users