Quantcast

» «
Photo

Your GTA Online characters have not been deleted.

125 replies to this topic
rgangsta
  • rgangsta

THE OPERATOR

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

My character is still showing on social club, so it's there somewhere..

Do NOT overwrite your character! Delete the patch from Game Data, **NOT saved data!**, and reinstall patch.

I can't confirm this as my character has not be deleted yet but it's worth a shot.

Giioozz
  • Giioozz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

I could play three days without problems now i lost my character a lvl 20 
So please, do something about it and bring my character back! ;)
because in this way, you make very easy money

So bring it right ... thanks!

FeelsBatman
  • FeelsBatman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

If this was true, my characters would be back but I never saw them again.

• Giioozz likes this

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

Why the f*ck is this a pinned thread when  R* don't even know if they're going to be able to restore peoples progress? A quote from the answer to a support ticket I sent them today:

"Please note that our Technical Support Representatives do not have further information at this time about lost data for individual accounts, and are not currently able to restore progress. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, and recommend subscribing to the article for all updates about restoration."

Not enough is currently known for there to be a thread telling people they're going to get their characters back. 

RealTuff
  • RealTuff

Ego Driven Asshole

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

They've deleted my f*cking character again. Seriously, Cockfarts, fix it! It's bad when GTAO is getting compared to Diablo 3 and Simcity 5. Thought R* were a league above.

I wouldn't be anywhere near as pissed off if R* didn't mock 'The Cloud' throughout the game, went ahead and started using it themselves and set the worst example I've ever seen (the best example if you want an example of cloud failure).

Spoiler

PsychoticDust
  • PsychoticDust

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

My character was deleted about 15 minutes ago and I'm so pissed off right now. Level 33, with the $400,000 apartment and the Adder ($1,000,000!). This is such bullsh*t. I'm not going to play anymore if my character doesn't come back.

Avean
  • Avean

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

This is just false information. The cloudservers were online while i checked both today and yesterday, the characters wont come back. Just cause it happened to threadstarter doesnt mean its the same for the rest of us. 

My characters are deleted and havent returned for 2 days. 

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

I'm lost at sea, don't bother me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Unplugging then plugging my PS3 back in usually fixes it for me.

TiraTequila
  • TiraTequila

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Another day, another character gone...

_Red_Baron_
  • _Red_Baron_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:07 PM Edited by _Red_Baron_, 06 October 2013 - 06:08 PM.

I also lost my account. All char slots where empty and in Social Club i am lvl 0 but have killes xxx cops and have 60k $.

I tried to logged in online again....it loaded....it was zooming to the map... AND I had a char with earphones i dindnt made, my char. slot is overwritten(?!) and i am rank 0.....

Should i delete this char and start a new one, becouse its overwrittenn now?

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:09 PM Edited by LiangHuBBB, 06 October 2013 - 06:09 PM.

my char is gone!!

I am angry now lol!

• Bathplug likes this

Mechanic X
  • Mechanic X

Omnipotent

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

How sure are you about this? The Rockstar servers are up and running perfectly fine for me, yet my character doesn't seem to be in existence. I have created a temporary character in the second slot, but will that cause any sort of conflict between my previous/main character if it returns? Thanks a bunch.

FeelsBatman
  • FeelsBatman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

This is ridiculous.

I create a character and the next morning it's gone.

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

YouTuber

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

I think deleted characters is partly what the OP is about but it leaves out a major factor that causes characters to delete. Turning your system off while any one of the spinning save/loading circles are spinning (or frozen).

I've only lost my character once (God... sad that sounds like an achievement) but when I did my game froze and I restarted after like 30 seconds. I think in this timeframe, there was some sort of communication with the servers that corrupted my data and hence my char was deleted. Almost EVERY person who I've talked to about their characters being deleted have shut their systems off in a hurry trying to get back in the game.

My safe solution, which has worked for me flawlessly so far when my system freezes (more of a theory than law since we can't actually confirm) is waiting 10 - 15 minutes before turning your system off. The logic behind this is whatever is going on in the background that got frozen, 10 -15 minutes is more than enough time for the cloud to resolve your character and timeout/drop the connection allowing you to reset your system appropriately

It is a painful wait.... but it's infinitely better than having your character deleted. Like I said, the OP touches on part of it, this is the other half and a part that a lot of people aren't heeding to. Remember that caution warning at the beginning of game load... please do not turn off power to your system when you see these symbols...

FeelsBatman
  • FeelsBatman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

How sure are you about this? The Rockstar servers are up and running perfectly fine for me, yet my character doesn't seem to be in existence. I have created a temporary character in the second slot, but will that cause any sort of conflict between my previous/main character if it returns? Thanks a bunch.

It never returns.

FeelsBatman
  • FeelsBatman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:12 PM Edited by FeelsBatman, 06 October 2013 - 06:14 PM.

I think deleted characters is partly what the OP is about but it leaves out a major factor that causes characters to delete. Turning your system off while any one of the spinning save/loading circles are spinning (or frozen).

I've only lost my character once (God... sad that sounds like an achievement) but when I did my game froze and I restarted after like 30 seconds. I think in this timeframe, there was some sort of communication with the servers that corrupted my data and hence my char was deleted. Almost EVERY person who I've talked to about their characters being deleted have shut their systems off in a hurry trying to get back in the game.

My safe solution, which has worked for me flawlessly so far when my system freezes (more of a theory than law since we can't actually confirm) is waiting 10 - 15 minutes before turning your system off. The logic behind this is whatever is going on in the background that got frozen, 10 -15 minutes is more than enough time for the cloud to resolve your character and timeout/drop the connection allowing you to reset your system appropriately

It is a painful wait.... but it's infinitely better than having your character deleted. Like I said, the OP touches on part of it, this is the other half and a part that a lot of people aren't heeding to. Remember that caution warning at the beginning of game load... please do not turn off power to your system when you see these symbols...

I lost my last character yesterday without my system freezing or anything.

I was playing, decided to stop playing, switched to single player, saved in single player and then turned off my PS3. Today it was gone.

• Giioozz likes this

maine27
  • maine27

D-Ice

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:13 PM Edited by maine27, 06 October 2013 - 06:15 PM.

please give me a source of this cloud bs because my fcking level 20 and 25 characters are gone so with that being said i should be at like level 40+ by now and yes i have submitted a ticket and have not had and response yet been 3 days since the 1st character wipe now my level 25 is gone too?? on the verge to trade this bs in towards ps4 games

and u can check my crew ranking it clearly says level 41

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

YouTuber

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

I lost my last character without my system freezing or anything.

I was playing, decided to stop playing, switched to single player, saved in single player and then turned off my PS3.

Like I said, this is half and relating to system freezes. The OP's post applies more to your situation and sorry for your loss.

deexsactown
  • deexsactown

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

if your character doesn't show up on the game or the social club, that means it's gone for good?

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

Pay attention, your characters have not been deleted they are saved on the cloud, when the cloud goes down your character appears to have been deleted but it hasnt trust me i have had this happen a few times now just go and do something else, play something else and try again in a few hours if your character isn't back wait some more he/she will return when the cloud is back up.

The only one deleting characters is you when you think it has been deleted and you create a new character over the old one, if you really must play now then create a character in the second slot but be aware if the cloud is down it wont save so you must think of it as a tempory character that will be lost forever.

It's been 30 hours since my character is gone.  I never created a new character in any slot, and I haven't even played GTAO since.

Your theory is wrong.

PsychoticDust
  • PsychoticDust

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

Pay attention, your characters have not been deleted they are saved on the cloud, when the cloud goes down your character appears to have been deleted but it hasnt trust me i have had this happen a few times now just go and do something else, play something else and try again in a few hours if your character isn't back wait some more he/she will return when the cloud is back up.

The only one deleting characters is you when you think it has been deleted and you create a new character over the old one, if you really must play now then create a character in the second slot but be aware if the cloud is down it wont save so you must think of it as a tempory character that will be lost forever.

How the hell has this been pinned?!

I was playing while the servers were up and my character got deleted. I made sure to save properly and switch off my console at the right time and it's still gone. You've made a statement but have no way to back it up. One person's positive experience is enough for this topic to get pinned, even though lots of people have lost their characters permanently? Come on mods, that's pretty poor.

• S-M-O-K-E likes this

Gonzo3999
  • Gonzo3999

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

This is beginning to piss me off.... This piss of sh*t game has deleted 4 of my characters.... I have even waited two days before making new ones just to see if it was this piece of sh*t cloud but hey what do you know it wasn't.... I'm waiting 1 more day if I don't have my characters I'm selling this piece of sh*t for 1$

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

Also wrong theory.  I was stuck in a loading screen, and I left it there for at LEAST 30 minutes while I cooked my lunch on Saturday around 11 AM.   I only went to dashboard on my PS3 after at least 30 minutes.  The game never left loading screen, and there are no buttons to press to escape it.

So no, don't for a second think players can change anything.  This is all on R's side.

FeelsBatman
  • FeelsBatman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

if your character doesn't show up on the game or the social club, that means it's gone for good?

Yes, forget about it.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

This makes me feel much better!

Dementious
  • Dementious

As mad as a hatter and as crazy as sin.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

I just finished reading this and guess what, my characters gone too. This is my first time, I'm sad now.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:24 PM Edited by MantisFang, 06 October 2013 - 06:26 PM.

If you want to make sure the characters you create are saved, you should not proceed into GTA Online when the R* Cloud Servers are unavailable.  Even if the services come back up while you are playing on a temporary character, that temporary character will not save -- you would need to return to Single Player and re-enter GTA Online to load your non-temporary characters and resume playing with the ability to save progress.

Is your character deleted if you go to select character? or only if you create and save a new one over it?

All I have to say is

F*CK YO CLOUD!

dave-chappelle-f*ck-yo-couch.gif

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

YouTuber

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:26 PM Edited by LeAristocrat, 06 October 2013 - 06:28 PM.

Also wrong theory.  I was stuck in a loading screen, and I left it there for at LEAST 30 minutes while I cooked my lunch on Saturday around 11 AM.   I only went to dashboard on my PS3 after at least 30 minutes.  The game never left loading screen, and there are no buttons to press to escape it.

So no, don't for a second think players can change anything.  This is all on R's side.

You're right man it is on R*'s side, like I said it's a theory. In your situation, your judgement (and my theory) wasn't necessarily disproven as OP's theory could have also applied (the game froze AND the cloud servers were down). Who the f*ck knows? Our intent here is to try to minimize losses as much as possible for everyone, players lke yourself, who invest hours and hours just to have it wiped away....

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

YouTuber

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

If you want to make sure the characters you create are saved, you should not proceed into GTA Online when the R* Cloud Servers are unavailable.  Even if the services come back up while you are playing on a temporary character, that temporary character will not save -- you would need to return to Single Player and re-enter GTA Online to load your non-temporary characters and resume playing with the ability to save progress.

Is your character deleted if you go to select character? or only if you create and save a new one over it?

All I have to say is

F*CK YO CLOUD!

dave-chappelle-f*ck-yo-couch.gif

Love this :lol:

LamarisanOG
  • LamarisanOG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

hmmm...my character appeared to be deleted when I logged on a bit earlier...nothing loaded in the online character slots. Dashed out (on 360) and loaded game back up and cloud servers are down. My character stats are showing on social club but my characters has a silhouette on social club HOWEVER it also did when I signed up for social club yesterday...

I wonder if this is simply a Rockstar issue that will get ironed out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users