Quantcast

» «
Photo

Your GTA Online characters have not been deleted.

125 replies to this topic
Silencer-UK
  • Silencer-UK

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

Pay attention, your characters have not been deleted they are saved on the cloud, when the cloud goes down your character appears to have been deleted but it hasnt trust me i have had this happen a few times now just go and do something else, play something else and try again in a few hours if your character isn't back wait some more he/she will return when the cloud is back up.

The only one deleting characters is you when you think it has been deleted and you create a new character over the old one, if you really must play now then create a character in the second slot but be aware if the cloud is down it wont save so you must think of it as a tempory character that will be lost forever.

• manutd36, stevean2, ShinobiFixer and 1 other like this

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

My character is still showing on social club, so it's there somewhere..

Don 'de Medici'
  • Don 'de Medici'

le wild OG appears

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:29 PM Edited by Don 'de Medici', 06 October 2013 - 05:30 PM.

The issue is not that my char is deleted when this happens.

Everytime this happens i wind up a few levels lower (36 rather than 39) and all my properties are reverted to sh*tty garages or Vespucci beach sh*t hole instead of my Main Street High Rise.

3 times in 48 hours this has happened explain this please

*EDIT*

I should note that the game is reverting me back to MY old house - not just some random one or a random garage.

rocinante89
  • rocinante89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

Exactly... have patience. If after a reasonable period of time your character hasn't returned, then panic!

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

Our characters followed the Kaiju's into the Pacific portal to the Anteverse. 

• Amigo Mane and EazyE 804 like this

mrkaka
  • mrkaka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

Everytime this happens i wind up a few levels lower (36 rather than 39) and all my properties are reverted to sh*tty garages or Vespucci beach sh*t hole instead of my Main Street High Rise.

*EDIT*

I should note that the game is reverting me back to MY old house - not just some random one or a random garage.

looks like you get set back, so maybe ur progress was saved at 36, but when you continued to level up to 39 cloud servers were down so it didnt save.

• Silencer-UK likes this

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

So, what if your character is no longer even showing on your social club account? Is that linked to the cloud servers too?

Pepsi-Cola
  • Pepsi-Cola

Pittsburgh,PA

• Members

My character disappeared and is not even showing on social club. 

• itscrizzy likes this

tylerdaly3b
  • tylerdaly3b

Road Captain

• Awaiting Authorization

Yeah, this is true, but if its not on social club, its gone for good. I have tested it and my guy was there an hour agoanand now clouds up and he's gone

Silencer-UK
  • Silencer-UK

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

*EDIT*

looks like you get set back, so maybe ur progress was saved at 36, but when you continued to level up to 39 cloud servers were down so it didnt save.

Exactly, id recommend you quitting back to single player frequently to make sure its saved, then go back in to multiplayer.

TotalNo0b
  • TotalNo0b

total noob

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

*EDIT*

the cloud went down as you were playing and it didn't save your progress, it reverts to the last save. I've had this happen once 

HalfDead1247
  • HalfDead1247

Eats Lighting, Sh!ts Thunder

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

Been waiting for about 29 hours. I think my character is long gone.

YogurtStorm
  • YogurtStorm

Knowledgeable industry Guru

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

Yep char disappeared both in-game and on Socialclub

HalfDead1247
  • HalfDead1247

Eats Lighting, Sh!ts Thunder

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

My character disappeared and is not even showing on social club. 

Mine too.

Mustard Tiger
  • Mustard Tiger

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Well I lost my original character on Wednesday and it has yet to return...No I did not create another character over it.  Explain that.

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Exactly... have patience. If after a reasonable period of time your character hasn't returned, then panic!

5 Days after launch, and we're still having 1st world problems losing characters? No, Rockstar can't handle this type of sh*t. They were better off with GTA4 style multiplayer, Cause this sh*t is ridiculous and absolutely not acceptable.

• M210F, 9911MU51C and DEFENS14 like this

Clay33
  • Clay33

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

So you trying to tell me, that the cloud was down for 4 days?! Really? I don't think so no..

scrubbiedude
  • scrubbiedude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Played since Friday and my character is entirely gone.

zdowgg
  • zdowgg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

he cant exspalne sh*t when you start to make it up 

disposeablehero
  • disposeablehero

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

Pay attention, your characters have not been deleted they are saved on the cloud, when the cloud goes down your character appears to have been deleted but it hasnt trust me i have had this happen a few times now just go and do something else, play something else and try again in a few hours if your character isn't back wait some more he/she will return when the cloud is back up.

The only one deleting characters is you when you think it has been deleted and you create a new character over the old one, if you really must play now then create a character in the second slot but be aware if the cloud is down it wont save so you must think of it as a tempory character that will be lost forever.

You don't have a god damn clue. It is gone from Social club, and everywhere, I have an e-mail from rockstar saying they dont even have a solution at this point. Yes manhy characters are totally gone.

GTA5 420
  • GTA5 420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

I have nothing else to do..

BlueJosh
  • BlueJosh

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

OP must be high as i have lost 6 characters in total now, don't try and give people hope when there is NONE.

FeelsBatman
  • FeelsBatman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:47 PM Edited by FeelsBatman, 06 October 2013 - 05:49 PM.

Three of my characters disappeared already.

They're also not visible on the Social Club website. The first and the second disappeared some days ago and I never got them back, the third I created yesterday and today it's gone again.

This really sucks, I just want to play online.

tylerdaly3b
  • tylerdaly3b

Road Captain

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

So, my character was for sure whiped..  BUT, i make a new one, and I am unable to begin the first mission.. But.. My previous characters car was on the road like I was still playing him? lol I'm confused, this is making me laugh. 

Vinz1010
  • Vinz1010

Player Hater

• Members

Lost my level 31 character, 400k appartment and weaponds with full ammo.

Cant'see my char on social club but the stats are there...

http://www.flickr.co...04/10121870533/

I write to R* they told me to update the game. but my issue comes more than 24 hours after i updated.

Wait for a new answer fron R*

Sorry for my english.

drjonkoe
  • drjonkoe

GTA veteran

• Members

If that was true, how you explain the fact that people are able to create new characters and play online with those. If the cloud was really down this would not be possible.

captain_isak
  • captain_isak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

Lost my character with a house wort 80k and i had 79k in my bank ;( so sad

Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Had my guy for three days with NO issues. Now, he seems to be gone. They need to fix this bs asap. 

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

I checked on the social club and my rank is 0, no RP. It says I have won 3 races and that I have 0 dollars but earned 621 k somehow. When in reality I only earned like 435k.

It says 0 seconds for time played.

So it's still kind of there? I guess? Really frustrating... :facedesk:

• DEFENS14 likes this

GoHawks496
  • GoHawks496

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

I wish people would stop spewing out this cloud garbage and this shouldn't be pinned because it's just false information.

It has nothing to do with the cloud and it's rather simple to figure out.

If it says the cloud is down then your character will be back when it is up. We all know this, this isn't news.

The game, however, is deleting people's characters and jumping people back a few ranks for no reason. It has nothing to do with the cloud and you can wait all you want but it will never return. There is a glitch/bug in the server that is causing this and it needs to be fixed. It's not cloud related and people need to stop defending rockstar by saying it is.

Let's hope this is fixed and our characters are restored soon. At the very least, just fix it so we can be comfortable in knowing that our new characters we create and our properties we buy will be safe.

I have no problem waiting patiently but the misinformation about characters missing being cloud related is getting rather annoying.

• DEFENS14 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users