» «
Photo

ROCKSTAR WILL replace lost characters.

31 replies to this topic
tylerdaly3b
  • tylerdaly3b

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:47 PM Edited by tylerdaly3b, 06 October 2013 - 04:48 PM.

"Loss of characters, rank, items, apartments, and/or in-game money in GTA Online

• We have received reports from some players who experienced losing characters, progress, items, and/or in-game cash during the first few days after release. We are working diligently to identify and correct the causes for these losses, as well as to establish how best to restore any lost progress and value. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification as soon as there is more information about this, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe on this page: http://support.rocks...y-in-GTA-Online "  

"Working diligently to identify and correct the causes for these losses, as well as to establish how best to restore any lost progress and value"  

SO, don't cry people, you'll get SOMETHING back for losing your character!

Which also means, they aren't going to whipe and reset the servers! 

JYP_KR
  • JYP_KR

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

Seems quite vague to me. Not sure if the title of this thread appropriately summarizes the content.

• LeAristocrat likes this

tylerdaly3b
  • tylerdaly3b

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Seems quite vague to me. Not sure if the title of this thread appropriately summarizes the content.

Yeah, I should've added a question mark.. 

Dementious
  • Dementious

As mad as a hatter and as crazy as sin.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

But how long? People wait for 2 weeks for multiplayer just to make a character that gets deleted, then they're told to wait until that's fixed too.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

It doesn't, unfortunately. If your character has been overwritten, there's not really anything they can do about it. They're just stating that they're trying to find something to do, it seems.

ZombieShawn
  • ZombieShawn

BAWSAQ Brawler

• Members

yeah i read that too... 18hours ago.

Lauren-of-Lore
  • Lauren-of-Lore

Queen of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

It doesn't sound like they're too confident about being able to restore anything :( I'm not playing until this is fixed. It shouldn't even be a problem, how did this get through the beta? This is like the worst possible bug that could happen to someone besides the game breaking their disc or console.

tylerdaly3b
  • tylerdaly3b

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Well it is SOME sort of hope for people upset about losing their toon.  

tylerdaly3b
  • tylerdaly3b

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

It doesn't sound like they're too confident about being able to restore anything :( I'm not playing until this is fixed. It shouldn't even be a problem, how did this get through the beta? This is like the worst possible bug that could happen to someone besides the game breaking their disc or console.

Yeah, it is a possibility though, just some small glimmer of hope y'know.  Just tryin' to make the wait seem a little better for everyone.  My character luckily is still around, but, when I go to get on, cloud is always down or servers can't connect.  So i have a guy but I can't play him lol.  No biggie though, I'm not an impatient guy.  

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

That's good news, but this is bullsh*t in my last two saves anyway...

Note: When exiting GTA Online, please pause the game and choose to return to Single Player. This will trigger a save and ensure that progress since the last auto-save is recorded.  If you purchase items and immediately power the console off or exit through console system menus, those items may not be saved.

I always do this and after my last two saves when I log back in I have had been de-ranked a few levels and all items previously purchased gone. The crazy part is that even though it says i'm rank 23, when I log back in i'm still able to purchase a weapon that requires the rank I previously was.

Another crazy thing just happened... I just played a mission and lost all my money after it was completed :( I got pissed and logged off.

rex84
  • rex84

Lost Breed MC

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:59 PM Edited by rex84, 06 October 2013 - 05:00 PM.

I lost two pairs of relaxed-fit dungarees, and a pair of black leather boots.  

Mr_Snorlax
  • Mr_Snorlax

Sleepy

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

Let me clear this up from personal experience from a friend (who has now quit), it's true if the character is over-written they actually can't do anything. He was level 30 with the best apartment, 3 cars totaling over 2mill.

He constantly dc'd when doing missions with me eventually today he messaged me saying he got wiped, he contacted rockstar but they couldn't do anything. So instead he got a refund for GTA V and put it towards COD:Ghosts. It is a sad but true story.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

They're not restoring sh*t, everyone has re-created their character at least several times

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

This is in no way a guarantee though. Also if you made a new character in any of the slots there's no chance of getting your old character back.

Clay33
  • Clay33

Prankster

• Members

It's 1 day old information. What about it?

StupidAssHeadAss
  • StupidAssHeadAss

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

That's good news, but this is bullsh*t in my last two saves anyway...

Note: When exiting GTA Online, please pause the game and choose to return to Single Player. This will trigger a save and ensure that progress since the last auto-save is recorded.  If you purchase items and immediately power the console off or exit through console system menus, those items may not be saved.

I always do this and after my last two saves when I log back in I have had been de-ranked a few levels and all items previously purchased gone. The crazy part is that even though it says i'm rank 23, when I log back in i'm still able to purchase a weapon that requires the rank I previously was.

Another crazy thing just happened... I just played a mission and lost all my money after it was completed :( I got pissed and logged off.

Good god, that's exactly what I do when i begin to feel like the servers got f*cked again. Sit there with that same face, after a good amount of time, the rage ensues xD

JohnnM96
  • JohnnM96

<a href="http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/"&g

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Pretty sure they will just give us something free, maybe like the cheapest cash card available(so like 25-50k) and NOT restore our characters. I made a new one a few days ago and he is higher than my original so I'm fine as long as this one doesn't get deleted. 

ZombieShawn
  • ZombieShawn

BAWSAQ Brawler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

I could careless if they dont restore my character. I will restart no problem. But they have to tell us this problem is fixed and that I wont be wasting my time on another character that could most likely become vanished in their cloud....

super cool driving skills

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

ive lost my character many of times as everyone else, but it's always came back... eventually. 

chill out.

most likely if you dont create a new character - you will get it back.

themaskedninja
  • themaskedninja

Square Civilian

• Members

Hahaha all the whiners have been acknowledged so please stfu

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

I just reached rank 45 this morning and logged off for a while.  Logged back on 10 minutes ago and the f*cking character is gone.

This is... intolerable.

• Don 'de Medici' likes this

KiLLe12-X
  • KiLLe12-X

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

They're not restoring sh*t, everyone has re-created their character at least several times

I havent. After I got hit Ive just been waiting and checking back for the past 30 so hours.. Just go play other games guys, if you have a PS3 or Xbox I'm sure you had SOMETHING to do until this game came along. I have advised my crew to not create any new characters if deleted and so now we all wait.. I'd advise the same to everyone else.

And no, its not all in vain. Ive been keeping tabs on my character through the game and SocialClub and the stats keep fluctuating as well as my bank account. They're working on something back there, and I'd rather not mess with it until they're done.

Bawse
  • Bawse

Get it liek me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

They are giving a run-around answer. Chances are, nothing will be restored. 

Skyline_Mad
  • Skyline_Mad

supercalifragilistic when we drop we go ballistic

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

If i created a new character in slot 2, is it possible for the slot 1 character to come back at some point? Or is it gone whether i created a new character in slot 1 or slot 2?

I lost my rank 9 character today, and created another one in slot 2, what annoys me is i wasted hours last night doing the stunt jumps to unlock a colour i didn't even get to use (couldn't afford it at the time, was going to make the cash today), i dont want to loose that progress for good so i'm hoping it may show up again soon, if not i'll stick with this character until its fixed or stop playing if i loose that one as well.

Hopefully they give us some free in game cash for those who lost characters and cant get them back, like say a certain amount of money based on the average balance for that rank, like say a rank 5 character may have around 10k average. So if someone lost a rank 5 character, R* will give them a 10k bonus after they have gotten past the tutorial (or anytime for a character already past the tutorial)

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:29 PM Edited by Ninjambie, 06 October 2013 - 05:30 PM.

I've been apart of bad launches for games before, but this is getting ridiculous.

I log in Online on my console,

i'm de-ranked to level 26,

I log into my account on SC it says i'm level 25,

I do a mission and lose all of my money (cash and banked),

all my purchases gone,

mission progress (checked off missions) gone,

I purchase an apartment that comes with a garage and have an insured vehicle and no American Dream achievement,

I complete missions with friends and we get sent to different sessions when we return to free roam,

the list continues...

Don 'de Medici'
  • Don 'de Medici'

le wild OG appears

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

I've been apart of bad launches for games before, but this is getting ridiculous.

I log in Online on my console,

i'm de-ranked to level 26,

I log into my account on SC it says i'm level 25,

I do a mission and lose all of my money (cash and banked),

all my purchases gone,

mission progress (checked off missions) gone,

I purchase an apartment that comes with a garage and have an insured vehicle and no American Dream achievement,

I complete missions with friends and we get sent to different sessions when we return to free roam,

the list continues...

Ninjambe im really glad you posted because I am having the EXACT same issues.

Never had a deleted char. 3 times in a row i've had similar possessions as you and the SAME thing happens :(

this tops Diablo 3 error 37.  That was cleared the first few days.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:41 PM Edited by Ninjambie, 06 October 2013 - 05:42 PM.

Ninjambe im really glad you posted because I am having the EXACT same issues.

Never had a deleted char. 3 times in a row i've had similar possessions as you and the SAME thing happens :(

this tops Diablo 3 error 37.  That was cleared the first few days.

Same here. I'm lucky enough to never have my char. lost, but for the last two log in's I have been de-ranked and lost my previous purchases and just now I lost all of my money after completing a mission. I wasn't to annoyed by the lost of my purchases because I got my money refunded, but when I lost my money after completing that last mission I got pissed and I logged off... This sh*t is stupid.

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

I doubt it'll take them very long to fix. I mean they are currently losing a lot of $$$ by this character deleting bug, so it is in their best interests to get this all sorted out by early this week. 

Don 'de Medici'
  • Don 'de Medici'

le wild OG appears

• Members

To be totally honest.  I think i keep buying my 400k or 200k properties at the EXACT wrong time to do so.

Either that or its coincidence. 

I almost wonder if me buying a nice house is whats crashing the server jk but wtf

ImpotentRage
  • ImpotentRage

Judgemental Hypocrite

• Members

I've only seen issues like this with 2 other releases:

Test Drive Unlimited 2 (almost exactly the same story as GTAO)

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Neither were resolved and both were eventually dropped.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users