Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else miss the little things in GTA IV?

81 replies to this topic
ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

I miss everything they have ever left out from the previous titles except:
Forced girlfriend missions... ok with the hot coffee mod it was funny 1st time round, but it was still annoying getting them to like you enough.

Having to work out and putting on weight... I hated this on in SA! Although I do wish they had given the optional to use the gym equipment at the beach in V to speed up strength and fitness.

I hated the flying rats mission in IV although i have heard it's in V as well.

There is a point made by an earlier poster about it been left out due to the Xbox not been able to store enough data on disc compared to the PS3. This is a valid point however, they could have simply required a one off download of game files to fill in the gaps which the ps3 would already have on disc.

After completing V, I also feel that the story line felt lacking and the game actually took ne less time to complete than any other GTA title. What can I say, R☆ have finally made single player GTA too simple.

bigburst
  • bigburst

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:49 AM

I miss a lot of lil things in IV as well, but it was a huge relief to not see so many cops patrolling in V because I like to drive fast and reckless and in IV it seemed like I would hit a cop car on every street I turned on. Things I miss dearly in GTA IV, selling drugs out of the ice cream truck. Lifting weights at the gym, and my favorite turf wars. Being able to go to a rival's territory and possible take it over by surviving a series of waves.... Those were the good ol days

Sunfang
  • Sunfang

Dirty Dingo

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

Two words

"Destruction Derby"

That is all

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:24 AM Edited by Kent_Paul_Jnr, 16 October 2013 - 11:41 AM.

The more u play through V the more you realise what has been removed : (

Europhia in all its glory

blista compact lol

calling friends to come on drug wars or rampages with me

drug wars

car show room that you can steal cars from

vigilante missions

police car computers

6 stars

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

Just being able to stand beside npc's and listen to their conversations without them getting into a huff and walk away or get agro.

• kamikazeedriver likes this

iam10phoenix01
  • iam10phoenix01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

I wish they kept on gang wars and vigelante missions and geve them the same love and attention as yoga and tennis that would have added replay value and allowed them to make us do fun stuff in more areas of the map without having cutscenes etc - what a waiste

I miss the fat cops
I miss cops commanderring public peoples vehicles
I miss being able to enter burger shot etc, crazy not to include food shops, i was expecting more food interiors not an absense of any.
I miss long firefights with the cops.
I miss the nightclubs but can live without them.
I miss pushing people.
I miss seeing police in the street outside "important places weilding sub machine guns, that was awesome.

R* took out so much good stuff and dudnt replace it -  I mean yoga and tennis / triathlon instead of gang wars, vigalante missions - is too crazy of a design choice - it must be to push people to gtaonline

The days of GTA being a SP title seem to be in the past now... it's a shame but the games changed focus

Rudolf
  • Rudolf

AMF Advisor

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

I miss picking up coffee cups and throwing them at people.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

I miss picking up coffee cups and throwing them at people.

This, or better yet throwing cigarette butts at them and listening to their reactions. It meant hours of fun.

barterlos
  • barterlos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

in gta iv the wanted system was way better, example, in V if u kill one guy u have one star, if u hide, u need to wait sometimes 5min, it feel likes its taking forever, in IV u can kill 5-8 peds and u will have only One star and if u hide, it takes couple seconds to disapear, and peds AI in V is diffrent, more simple, in IV sometimes peds were helping me in fights on hands...

GTA V - beautiful map, weaker AI, poor Euphoria

GTA IV - less impresive map, better AI, very complex Euphoria

• Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

Tehguy123
  • Tehguy123

Yeah Mr White... yeah science!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

You know what I miss? That little Blista Compact. It was an incredibly fun car to drive. I also miss the Turismo. I can't believe that they left such a car out of GTA V! And finally, the annihilator... sure it was hard to fly and even shoot anything, and also became kind of obsolete after the Buzzard was released, but it was such a cool helicopter!

• Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

Tehguy123
  • Tehguy123

Yeah Mr White... yeah science!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

Another thing I missed was the FIB chasing after you in their expensive bullet-proof FIB Buffaloes. And the Sawn-off double barrel from TLaD that you could use on your motorbike.

Heliophobia
  • Heliophobia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:27 AM Edited by Heliophobia, 17 October 2013 - 10:33 AM.

I miss the Internet from gta iv. There was so much depth to it if you took the time to look. The net in gta v just feels too empty. Also some of the realism of gta iv. Feels like they tried to satirise everything they could about LA and America in general. Still a great game though.

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

You Wanna Buy Some Death Sticks?

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

I miss the Vigilante system in IV. They finally made it fun and then got rid of it

This. So much this. I was truly saddened when I hopped in a cop car for the first time looking to bust some bad guys for some quick, fun cash and nothing came up. 

They went through the trouble of making the lightbars more realistic and updated....but then they totally removed any player motivation to set foot in a cop car in the first place. :/ Seems counter-intuitive.

Blazevski12
  • Blazevski12

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

Well if you look at what people said on this topic, you will realise how much underrated gta IV was... And Niko was a better protagonist then Frank\Michael\Trevor.

kamikazeedriver
  • kamikazeedriver

Don

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

I do miss the visits to Burger Shot . .

'Welcome to burgershot MaaFu*ker'
(Not sure how he got through customer service training)

The first time I walked into a burger shot and heard that I rolled over laughing

wizwars
  • wizwars

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

I didn't going into this game expecting them to take everything from the previous games and integrate it into this one. Thus, I'm not nearly disappointed as some of you seem to be. Yoga is stupid and should've been replaced by Basketball, weight lifting, hell even bowling, but Tennis and Golf I find to be very fun. I would've liked more interiors, but to be honest very few of the interiors from previous GTA games were even slightly interesting, so I often wonder which is worse, less but more detailed interiors or a lot of generic recycled interiors and apartment building stairwells?

It's also worth it to consider that it is a very large game at the end of both system's lifespan. If it had been PS3 exclusive, the game could've packed more in due to the storage possibilities of Blu Ray. As is, it's already a two disc game for Xbox360. And people complaining about leaving out certain elements and releasing them later as DLC, hey, that's not just Cockstar. That's the video game industry of today, and you're going to only see more and more of it in the future. 

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

There is so many little things in this game, it's amazing! Even the women's boobs jiggles when they walk, it's insane! Of course, it could be more, but I won't complain. I miss the horses, though.. And it would be nice to add a little more life to the farms around, with more animals and some interior in the barns.

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:48 AM Edited by Vatus, 18 October 2013 - 10:57 AM.

1. I liked how I could fist fight with anyone without killing them, having the cops all over me, and seconds later they can get up and limp away

2. When ever I want to toy with my enemies, I could shoot them in the leg, and they would limp... But now even with a bullet from a Heavy Sniper Rifle to the leg won't affect your people. =\

I do miss that.

But I do notice when a police officer is on the ground, the police officer would carry them to a safe place. That's pretty cool. And when you kill a person, they would call out their name. The name is random like "Ray is down" or "Oh no!! Robert!!" That's very neat. And the way the NCPs react when the bullet just miss them is awesome as well.

But I do miss a couple of things from GTA 4. The way the guns sound is better than GTA 5. The hit detection like shooting ppl on the leg and they'll limp away (don't know why they took this out), and beating somebody up without killing them. I do miss the interior buildings too.

But GTA 5 makes it up with a bunch of other little things that GTA 4 doesn't have. But I feel R* is doing this on purpose for DLCs or later GTAs. They probably realize that they couldn't do more stuff than what they did in San Andreas. They peaked too early when it comes to features, so they purposely some features out of the game. That's my conspriacy theory anyway.

And if that's true, that suck balls. Still great game tho.

Now you mention it I don't think I've ever seen a ped get in trouble aside from those car chases.

I used to love fightng peds and luring them infront of cops so they'd get arrested and put into a cop car . Haven't seen anything like this in GTA V.

The justice system seems to favour the player like the GTA III era.

I have. One time I was bored and I was shooting some ballas. I hide and I called the cops. The ballas was still shooting at me until the cops came. Then the ballas and the cops had a shootout.

But I don't see them actually go inside of a cop car. They never 'arrest' them. At least I haven't seen it yet. They always kill them.

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

in gta iv the wanted system was way better, example, in V if u kill one guy u have one star, if u hide, u need to wait sometimes 5min, it feel likes its taking forever, in IV u can kill 5-8 peds and u will have only One star and if u hide, it takes couple seconds to disapear, and peds AI in V is diffrent, more simple, in IV sometimes peds were helping me in fights on hands...

GTA V - beautiful map, weaker AI, poor Euphoria

GTA IV - less impresive map, better AI, very complex Euphoria

Imo I thought GTA4 wanted system kind'a sucked. The cops were way too easier to get away from. There wasn't any challenge to it. All you have to do is drive outside of that stupid ciricle and wait for about 30 secs to a min for them to stop searching for you. No challenge.

In GTA 5, the cops are more realistic to get away from, but they are much more harsh.

I would like for them to carry a teaser or something with one star level instead of a freakin' shotgun. I think they need to tweak the difficulty and senstivity of the wanted level in next GTA or the current one if they can. And have them shoot at you from the helicopters at four stars instead of 3. Jeez. With that said, I prefer this GTA 5 wanted system over any other GTA.

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

I prefer the cop detection in V, you have to be a lot more cunning to get away, and its possible to hide from them if you can do it right. Go down backstreets, alleys, hide in bushes or dumpsters, you can lose em. Its a bit more of a challenge than IV, but better IMO.

Agree there is definitely a reduced visible presence of police compared to IV, streets are usually cop free, makes for easy car jacking :)

They are still present in certain areas, at the side of the road on freeways, and especially at the airport. I once pulled a pistol on a taxi driver, didn't realise I was AT the airport, and was suddenly lit up, surrounded by red dots on the radar, and got shot to bits by the mofo po po. My bad.

"I fought the Law and the Law won"

KillaRoo
  • KillaRoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Choppers that fly straight and dont make you seasick when you are in first person.

Drug wars (turf wars). I loved those.

Rolling drug dealers for extra bucks. (they deserved it those dirty sobs).

Finding stuff.

Not being one shoted.

Gotta say I love the new terrain and offroad bikes. If mine handled like that I would have a lot less scars.

Cheers

Police24
  • Police24

Vice City Cop

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:25 AM

I wish they would have kept the vigilante missions in the game, playing as a LSPD police officer would have been pretty cool!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users