Quantcast

» «
Photo

You lose 2000 Dollars everytime you die?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic
rgangsta
  • rgangsta

THE OPERATOR

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Tip for Online.
NEVER carry cash on you.

After completing a job, exit to single player quickly. Then relaunch Online but in Solo Session.
Transfer your money to your bank and then go back ti regular online.

This keeps from players killing you immidiately after a job or players trying to kill when when you are transferring your money.

[µT]
  • [µT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Tip for Online.
NEVER carry cash on you.

After completing a job, exit to single player quickly. Then relaunch Online but in Solo Session.
Transfer your money to your bank and then go back ti regular online.

This keeps from players killing you immidiately after a job or players trying to kill when when you are transferring your money.

The issue is that it still takes money from some peoples bank when you die. I have this issue. It's really annoying getting into a 20K deficit in 5 minutes because some douche camps your spawn lol!

Chillyo
  • Chillyo

GTA lover

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

Until this change i will play alone in an invite only game..

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Welsh Boy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

Whenever I die, I seem to lose around $5,000, not $2,000.

same

Steverino322
  • Steverino322

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

jesus, what the hell are you guys doing that costs you so much when you die? I literally lose around 950 everytime I die. I even saw it in my bank transactions listed as medical expenses.

mdniterder
  • mdniterder

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

I have never lost 2k even with money from my first heist, I do notice that the death vs amount of cash you have has a ratio for its cost.

jackjenkins
  • jackjenkins

Sheriff

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

I lost $17,000 earlier because some guys ganged up on me and kept killing me when I spawned, I also lost ammo so the last three deaths I was defenceless, I had to get some crew members to come evac me

It should be lower, i effectively lost everything I had done over the weekend 

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

I have never lost 2k even with money from my first heist, I do notice that the death vs amount of cash you have has a ratio for its cost.

Wait, wait... are you saying there are heist missions in GTA Online? 

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

I lost $17,000 earlier because some guys ganged up on me and kept killing me when I spawned, I also lost ammo so the last three deaths I was defenceless, I had to get some crew members to come evac me

It should be lower, i effectively lost everything I had done over the weekend 

(Sorry for double-post)

Try getting some nice cars and sell them at LS Customs... you'll easily make 20k with just 2 cars. Not sports cars though, cause they wont let you sell those. Every other car you can sell... they only let you sell 2 at a time. Only after some time will you be able to sell another car.

Franklin Clinton
  • Franklin Clinton

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

jesus, what the hell are you guys doing that costs you so much when you die? I literally lose around 950 everytime I die. I even saw it in my bank transactions listed as medical expenses.

Its a glitch. Some people lose $2000 some people lose a %. R* stated this the other day

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

I think if you keep your money in the stock market, it makes you semi immune to bills and getting jacked. Anyone else doing the same thing, or can verify this?

I haven't been online but it works in SP.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:57 AM Edited by hugh750, 08 October 2013 - 03:57 AM.

I think if you keep your money in the stock market, it makes you semi immune to bills and getting jacked. Anyone else doing the same thing, or can verify this?

it's gotten to the point where i deposit all of my ill gotton loot in the bank.

_KC
  • _KC

A Buck 30 on Black Ice The Fast Life

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:00 AM Edited by _KC, 08 October 2013 - 04:02 AM.

I always wanted a sandbox game that would make you think twice about your actions. You might kill someone, but if you start a war them hospital bills add up.

+ This is good because hospital fees come straight out the bank. If they didn't, people would deposit all their cash and just do dumb shxt

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

Understood.

It seems that players still end up paying, if it's in the bank.

Is anyone out there playing online free roam with all cash in the Bawsaq? Because so far that has helped me from paying hospital bills in SP. Just like real life :cool:

Seriously though, someone should experiment with this. I'd do it myself but I won't be on GTAO for at least another month.

Franklin Clinton
  • Franklin Clinton

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:17 AM Edited by Franklin Clinton, 08 October 2013 - 04:29 AM.

Understood.

It seems that players still end up paying, if it's in the bank.

Is anyone out there playing online free roam with all cash in the Bawsaq? Because so far that has helped me from paying hospital bills in SP. Just like real life :cool:

Seriously though, someone should experiment with this. I'd do it myself but I won't be on GTAO for at least another month.

I always wanted a sandbox game that would make you think twice about your actions. You might kill someone, but if you start a war them hospital bills add up.

+ This is good because hospital fees come straight out the bank. If they didn't, people would deposit all their cash and just do dumb shxt

Money will soon not be taken from the bank. Meaning you can bank all your cash and not pay the bill. Was stated by R* the other day.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:24 AM

Not to be that guy, but can you link us?

The only reason I posted was because the stock market was a great cover for acting like you were broke in SP, much like real life investing.

Money in the bank is not immune.

Btw now=not in your post right? Figured it was a typo

Franklin Clinton
  • Franklin Clinton

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:31 AM Edited by Franklin Clinton, 08 October 2013 - 04:34 AM.

Not to be that guy, but can you link us?

The only reason I posted was because the stock market was a great cover for acting like you were broke in SP, much like real life investing.

Money in the bank is not immune.

Btw now=not in your post right? Figured it was a typo

Here is the link. R* has since changed there Statement from the last time I seen it tho

http://support.rocks...ruins-the-game-

Late time they stated they would stop money from coming out of your bank but that was for Death match but they made a mistake and said including free roam they have since corrected themselves and said they are taking it into consideration.

GutsAndGlory
  • GutsAndGlory

The Don

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

Just died 4 times myself there goes $8,000

salazam
  • salazam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

I think that instead of the hospital taking it, the player that kills you should get it. Robbing people for a mere $100 is dumb and makes putting money in the bank pointless. Everyone that's complaining is crybaby crybabies, just create another character for f*cking around if you're that bad at the game. When you get serious, you'll be making bank in no time. Try joining a crew and being less of a pussy.

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

Invest in the lowest bawsaq stock that is on the recline.
Safest place to store you money and you lose a very small amount of the stock drops.

Franklin Clinton
  • Franklin Clinton

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

Invest in the lowest bawsaq stock that is on the recline.
Safest place to store you money and you lose a very small amount of the stock drops.

No stock online for a while R* has taken them offline

s_aint
  • s_aint

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

The 2000 dollar deaths are pointless and ruin the online gaming experience.

First of all, I've been charged 2000 in hospital fees and bail EVERY time I die, even if I'm not wanted. So it's apparently illegal to die? 

AND with most players putting all their money in the bank, killing someone yeilds no reward, so obviously people either know about it and are simply killing people to rob people without gaining any benefit money wise, or they aren't aware.

It makes online boring. You start a fight with someone and you're robbing them of all their cash but not making anything money from it, and if they retaliate, you risk losing all of your cash!

$1000 or even just a $50 reward for each kill, and then limiting hospital fees to $50-100 would make it much more of a death match online that's actually enjoyable. At this stage it just feels like a grind. Especially when most are out to kill people in free roam without any form of reward.

It's seriously stuffed and I think it's that grind work that bored me out of gta 4 online. I was really enjoying GTA5 until the stupid hospital fees.

At least with other online games, you die, you re-spawn. You kill and you progress. Heck, even Max Payne 3 sh*ts all over GTA5 in the progress area.

s_aint
  • s_aint

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

I think that instead of the hospital taking it, the player that kills you should get it. Robbing people for a mere $100 is dumb and makes putting money in the bank pointless. Everyone that's complaining is crybaby crybabies, just create another character for f*cking around if you're that bad at the game. When you get serious, you'll be making bank in no time. Try joining a crew and being less of a pussy.

Funnily enough, this post makes you a crybaby by your own definition. However I whole heartedly agree that the killer should take the $2000 NOT the bank. Then we'd be in for some real fun death matches. 

M0B5TA
  • M0B5TA

#swag yolo lolz

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

what sucks most is the fact that even when you are in team death match you still lose money each time you die. how stupid is that?! at least let us die for free while being in missions or different modes. I did a bike race and died 3 times while in the race. I won $5000 in the race and lost $6000 from dying. makes perfect sense right?

YadiYada
  • YadiYada

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

I dont get why you lose ANY money when you die. imagine if you just want to jump off high mountains with your friends and die countless times... you cant, cause then you'll end up with no money. They really need to implement a free roam mode with no missions or anything. just to f*ck around.

You lose money because the game treats dying as as getting treatment in the hospital.

And you can die countless times if you want.
They just don't take any money away from you if you become piss poor.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

It's annoying. I must have paid 30k in hospital bills by now

jschmidt85
  • jschmidt85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

I get the feeling that a lot of you people suck really bad at this game.  If someone starts shooting at you.... Drive away if you can't kill them first.

The one thing that bugs me is when someone kills me, and I go and kill them back I like to steal their car to rub it in.  Then I run them over with their car and then I destroy it.  It's unfortunate that I have to pay the insurance on it when this happens.  It was revenge for their stupid ass random killing

mdniterder
  • mdniterder

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

Wait, wait... are you saying there are heist missions in GTA Online? 

That I do not know, I am just saying it appears that the hospital bill is based on how much money you have in the bank. a set percentage.

s_aint
  • s_aint

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

So far it seems that the only point to killing people is to piss them off and waste all their money without actually gaining anything in return. But I guess if some get off on trolling and greifing, power to them, I have better things to do then waste fake money on a game when I could be making REAL money in the REAL world.

And at least you can progress in Max Payne 3. If you suck, you just progress REALLY slowly. In GTA Online, if you suck, you're punished by the game with no chance of progressing. I like progressing in a game money wise, so what's the point.

If they don't fix the hospital payment stupidity, and lack of rewards for killing people in free roam, it will just go the way of all these other sh*t multiplayer games with only trolls to troll each other.

Sure... you can just continuously run away from and try to avoid all the other players, but that's just boring, might as well be playing single player.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

What's everyone going on about?
I've never lost any money besides the 100 in cash when I die.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users